MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Littlesister,  When DD12 was 8 she had to have 6 teeth pulled (she had a double row of shark teeth) at once and they sent her to Dr. Jett over by the Little Caesars on Western Branch Blvd & Tyre Neck.  He was very old fashioned and his practice was in a converted antique house.  When DD17 had her wisdom teeth out they sent her to Dr. Szakaly in that blue complex at the corner of Western Branch Blvd and Taylor Road.   If Midgette can't do what you need, maybe one of the others can.

• Like 1

Good morning! Already did video, going to feed dogs, walk dogs and go to Church. Will go to Sunday School if we are having it this afternoon. Otherwise, it is a free day for me. Might pick mustard greens or not. Won't PC until tomorrow.

Yesterday I cut all my collard greens--only 6 plants-- cooked them and made Hot Water Cornbread (still no oven). That was dinner and it was great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Miki, I meant to give you a 'like' but my finger slipped and just as I was going to correct it my Kindle battery died and the machine turned off.  Lol.  I'm leaving it though because I do appreciate you and I thank you for being a member here. 

:bighug2:

• Like 2

Jeepers, I have had that happen also. I hate when that happens. 

euphrasyne.   My daughter had that problem also.  The 4 upper teeth were double baby teeth. She lost the first set of baby teeth. After the second set came in that we thought were permanent teeth, were the second set of baby teeth. They pulled those to find out she also had 2 sets of permanent teeth. So they pulled the first set and the last set of permanent teeth came on through.  4 sets of teeth on the upper top 4 across the front of mouth.  I had one uncle that had teeth like that. 

Didn't do a lot today as I just haven't been up to par.  Tooth still hurting and the antibiotics has wore me down, making me tired. Just haven't felt like doing anything now for over 2 weeks. But have been keeping up on what has to be done.  Haven't watched on line church yet today either, so will try to ease my jaw and watch our outdoor church service. 

I did go to store and bought some fresh veggies for a salad tonight. Came home got it made and DH wanted a salad at 3:00. So he might not want any dinner tonight.  Will see how that goes. He doesn't eat like he used to and not much when he does..  I did go though my food supply for this corvid mess to make sure we make it through the winter and we are good.  So only certain things like fresh cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and things for a salad, eggs and milk and that will be my grocery shopping for several months.  The regular flu season, allergy season and the corvid virus is going to keep us home for the winter months.  Only going out for Rx's, doctors and DH's therapy.  Gong to spend some of that time catching up on reading some books and sewing. As well as going through some papers that I have already started going through.  Need to eliminate all this paper work in my office. Time to scan recipes and such to computer and then put on flash card for when I need something.

• Like 1

Charter came out this morning about our phones not working.  couldn't find the problem and said it was the phones.  So I checked out everything from the menu and found where DH has been playing with the phone again. Told him to stay out of that part of the phone. He changed something and didn't know it, I found it and fixed it.  Think goodness I don't have to buy new phones.  Then took DH to therapy. They gave him a good workout. He is worn out now. It has been cold and wind blowing all day.   37 really early this morning.  Now up to 53*.  I think winter is here.  Need to transplant the blueberry bushes in the next couple of weeks.  My sweet potatoes are still not ready to dig. Plants are thriving in this cold.  They are still blooming.  I think I may have planted them  a bit to late.  But will see how it turns out.  Need to go to the market and get some 5 gal. buckets.  Next spring I am going to start some container gardening. tomatoes, carrots, onions, lettuce, and not sure of what else yet, but working on a plan for at least 8 buckets.

• Like 2

Fed dogs first this morning, picked all remaining mustard greens and washed in washer. Took my walk while the greens finished draining. Came home and wilted the greens and PC'd them. Got 7 quarts which doesn't seem near enough for all I picked. LOL
Washed dog blankets and our towels, made salads. Done for today!

Already voted!
Will feed dogs, walk dogs, take my walk, do one load of laundry, hard boil some eggs and write eBay drafts. Probably put away the jars of greens from yesterday.
And haircut at 1:00
Electrician coming around 1 (DH will be home) to change breakers...or something.

• Like 1

:hi:

I've been having problems with my fingers, so while I've been reading the posts and praying for everyone here, I've not been posting.  Ann, I'm praying for your sight.   LittleSister,  praying for your tooth...I don't do well in THE CHAIR even for cleanings, so I have compassion on what you're going through.  Miki, I want just half of your energy!  Jeepers, you wrote something about buying beginning readers for DGS.  Look for the Frog and Toad ones by Arnold Lobel..they're excellent and FUNNY.  Love the gardening one.  There's 4 different books.  We have it as a Treasury.  Usually I won't buy treasuries because it's just too awkward for little hands, but that one is alright.  E, praying for you and that precious baby!  Continuing to keep MtRider family in my prayers as well.

We had snow yesterday.   This weekend will be in the 70s.  I don't know if it's the mineral deficiencies or what, but my body is having trouble with the big temp swings. 

DH is back to working at an office.   Big change after him working from  home for 7 months.  We miss him, but it's more peaceful here (no interruptions, no phone constantly ringing, no phone and  computer video meetings we have to be quiet for, ect) and DD and I get through her homeschool lessons quicker.   Although this week, seeing what may happen, I'd rather have his presence in the house!  :behindsofa:   

Homeschooling is going well.   The joke now is "One pandemic and homeschooling is no longer weird."  Except with my relatives. The snide comments continue.  :buttercup:   I had the news on one day to try hear the weather and a story came on about tearing down a Columbus statue and another statue (either Washington or Lincoln).   DD was shocked and upset.   She knew the good things those men had done.  I'm thankful that we homeschool and I am making sure she knows our nation's history.

Hands need a break now.   

:grouphug:

• Like 3

Got tooth pulled this morning.  Feels much better already but will be on another round of antibiotics. :tapfoot: The tooth was abscessed. She wiggled the tooth about 4 times and it just fell out.  So the tooth was already gone. So I had to go through 2 dentist for a root canal that would not have worked. New dentist is coming soon. 

Got to go vote and then take DH to doctor. Busy day today. 

• Like 3

We just got back from voting.  She came out to car for us. So I wouldn't have to get DH out of car for it. That was great.  All went well and no waiting in line.

Where they pulled the tooth is now hurting.  Took some Advil. She offered to call me in a strong pain med but I declined with taking care of Dh.. So Advil and an ice pack will work. Taking DH to doctor in a little while. Then I am coming home a lay on couch for a bit after I get him settled down. Will have something easy for dinner to night. 

• Like 3

:hi:   Whew.....I just read thru this thread, starting from back on Oct 16th when I went 'off-line'.   I can't find [yet] where Darlene posted the reason for my sudden disappearance.....so I don't know what she told y'all. 

Early on Oct 17th I was shocked to get a call from a police officer in my folks' town.  "She's on her way to city hospital by ambulance.  Uh.....your dad is ready to drive there...."   :o  "Uh, no....let me talk to him!"  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ladies, do you know what my mom knew?  She had sudden pain that spread across her shoulders and upper chest.  In moments she had great pain all along her jawline.  We women sometimes present differently for Heart Attack than men.  She hollered to my dad:  "Call 911.  I'm having a heart attack!  .......and shut off the oven!  I just put a potato in there!"  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We did not get oven shut off until very late that night...and then almost forgot it!  Luckily it was on low and didn't cause a second major problem that day.  :buttercup:  

But my dad did get the paramedics there within minutes.  They gave her whatever they do....got her more comfortable very quickly.  Stopped the process and it was minor damage.  :amen:  

Spent next 5 days at the hospital with my mom.  COVID protocols for that hospital:  2 visitors allowed/checked for fever each day.  So my dad and I were in with her.  Poor DH is the only one of us able to "drive city".  He spent hours and hours in car in parking lot reading or going to eat somewhere.  Thankfully, the frigid Colorado weather hit after my mom came home. 

Each night I'd stay with my dad.  We'd stop for fast food on the way home and the three of us would eat before DH went on home to our place.  Let dog out.  Sleep.  Do it all over again the next day. 

I stayed as long as I could after my mom got to come home.  She was doing fine but the stamina is slow to return after a heart incident....no matter how "minor".   [If anything with heart can be called 'minor']   :puzzledsmile:  Aaaand...she's in her 90s!!!  Have I mentioned they have a 3 story house....stairs!   No exercise equipment necessary.  I provided meals and did laundry.  Did bits of cleaning ....especially in odd places where they can't really clean anymore.  My dad and I replaced both fridge light bulbs....bathroom bulbs... the whole floor lamp in my mom's reading/crafts room.  I took the curl out of the strings for their blinds so it would go up and down again.  Lots of little things.  I also rested myself....hoping to last long enough.  But....

Yesterday I could not get the tremor in my hands to stop.  That is one of my "tells" for MS.....MS Fatigue particularly.  I go with the premise that one must be a part of the solution; not a part of the problem.  So I called DH.....times up.  Gotta go home.  My mom had been cooking meals with me for a couple days.  We'd stocked their freezer with Stouffers frozen meals.  They have leftover meat loaf.  I'd rotated all older food.  I'd cut up celery/carrot sticks.  Made apple crisp that morning.  DH made another medications/grocery run before he picked me up.  Laundry was caught up.  Sheets from my bed in dryer when I left.  :sigh:   That's all we can do....  :offtobed:  

The MAIN thing was that I couldn't leave until she was fully able to set up and take her new medications along with her usual ones.  We worked with that for days....labeling the daily pill box she sets up every night.....using calendar to say "yes" and "no" for a new pill taken every other day :buttercup:  ......and finally she was able to do it.  I checked for 3 days and she has it!  :amen:  

With my sleep issues, I was not getting near enough sleep there....and that's probably what drained me faster.  [I hear ya, Miki! ]  Last nite I slept for 9 hours....even after something in room fell over, barely noted it and was back asleep.  Whoooeee, that felt good.   DH will return every few days...just see about any other needs they have and break up the day for them.  I will go too when/if I can.  She's supposed to start rehab....as if stairs are not enough?  And a cardio doc visit in city....DH will be driver. 

MtRider   ...thank you, thank you,  thank you for prayers!  Much needed and appreciated!!!  :grouphug: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 6

As I read thru more than 2 wks of pages of Whatcha Doing Today, I prayed for all of you with issues of all kinds.  Many of us have on-going issues.  A few new ones.  :pray: 

And of course the Big USA Event today of the election. 

For that, please do remember to be kindMrsS has people from different political views and we're all friends.  We have many things in common....mostly to be prepared for things of normal life and things that could be way beyond any "normal" we have known.  MrsS is not the place to point out who we might think is at fault or who should/shouldn't have done this or that.  This is where we support each other in preparing for many circumstances in life. 

MtRider ...thanks everyone.  :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 6

Mt. Rider, I am so glad things went well for your mom.  She is now on the mend but still needs prayers.  You did well to take care of her and do what needed to be done despite all your health issues.   Now it's time for you to get some much needed rest and to just relax for a couple of days.  

Will be so happy when all this election mess is over and it is off TV. Though I don't look for it to be off TV for at least another 2 weeks, but to maybe slow down a bit as time goes on.  

Everyone stay safe as they say no matter who wins, there will be riots and protest.  Don't think they need an election or anything else to have an excuse to riot and destroy property or worse. They have nothing better to do.  But either way it is almost over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So glad your mom is home and recuperating, @Mt_Rider!  How is your dad doing with all that is going on?  Sleep is NOT overrated!  LOL

@Littlesister, so happy you got your tooth pulled today!  Sad you had to go through so much to get it done.

Praying for your hands to have better mobility and less pain @out_of_the_ordinary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see you back Mt. Rider. I was concerned about your health too. Afraid this would set you back. I'm happy to hear your mom is better and that your dad cooperated...for the most part. Bless his heart. I'm sure it was a challenging time for him too and that he did the best he could. He really stepped up when it came time to call for help.  :hug3:

Good reminder to be kind during this election. We come here from all walks of life and we each have our own set of beliefs. Whether you like whomever will be the next president of not, like it or not, he will be your president and we need to at least respect the office and our country. 

• Like 3

I was wondering why I wasn't receiving notifications lately. Somehow the site dropped out the fact that I was 'following' this thread. I'm back, but too busy to post much with all the harvesting, canning, and keeping mama alive.  :laughkick:  At least I know the world hasn't ended.    :hi:

• Like 4

Went through old papers this morning and getting ready in a bit to go work outside.  DH has done his exercises for this morning as well.  Need to change out the summer and winter clothes.  Nice and warm outside today.  Need to take advantage of that. :)  I have so much to do in the house but am over it for today. I need to get outside and enjoy the nice day today.  DH is settled now. So going out in a bit. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the hint about the books OOTO. I saw where you talked about getting 'readers' for the g'son and I thought, "I dont think he needs glasses yet." Then I read on. I was ready to go to Dollar Tree and pick some more up. I will definitely check the books out! I

Speaking of Dollar Tree, I passed by a new one close to my house the other day. I'll check it out next week. We have quite a few D.T. around me but they are all so small. Hopefully this one will be bigger. Across the street is an auto store and I want to run in there and pick up a brake bleeder to seal some canning jars. I'm thinking it's easier and faster than the Food Saver. Plus I can use it without electricity.  

• Like 2

Jeepers, I have not heard of a break bleeder to seal canning jars, Need to check that one out.  I think my food saver has seen it's better days. I have worn out one and the other is quitting on me as well. Takes some time to get it to work right. I have been fighting it to get it to seal all the way. 

I am over this election.  Watched Fox news and the president's speech.  Just can't handle any more political l  mess.  it has gotten old and was hoping it would have been over on the  3ed. 

Got the front porch cleaned up and the windows on outside of house. Scrubbed down the siding at top part of the house. We have an all brick house but at the top the fascia boards are siding. It was nasty to say the least. So all the front of house is now clean.  Did the back of house about 3 weeks ago. So glad that job is done.  If tomorrow is cooler I will work inside, if still warm, I will do some other things.

• Like 5

LOL. I heard that Dollar General stores were taking over all of the old empty video stores. They did that with an old Family Video store near me. We have an old Block Buster store that has been empty for years now. It's a nice big store too. I'm surprised the new Dollar Tree didn't move in there since they are in the same strip mall area and that store is bigger. 

• Like 2

Felt ok to go with DH to visit my folks.  Weren't there long but brought fixings for a pumpkin pie...2 smaller ones, actually.  We've found a pre-made pie crust that is rolled up.  Unroll and put the circle into the pie plate and goosh into place.  AND it actually tastes good!  I did that while DH made up the filling.  My mom handed us things we needed.  When it was time to get out of the oven, we left.  [cuz we have a sweet tater pie at home]  :yum3: 

I was already tired...just from a couple hours plus drive time.  We grabbed another Bake At Home pizza so when we got home, DH hauled stuff upstairs and sent Dog down to me.  I was determined to begin walking road with dog again.  Almost getting dark but had my headlamp....and orange old shirt I drape on dog for visibility.  I walked my usual minimum [little over half mile total].  My max is whole mile but I'm beginning AGAIN and need to pace it.  It was pleasant and I'm glad I've gotten a start again.  After ....years and years of walking nightly, this 2020 has been extremely frustrating.  My foot held up well.  Need to buy new walking shoes tho.

MtRider  ....clearing a bit here and there; cleaning a bit here and there.  Still squeaking COUGH....  :scratchhead: 

• Like 5

I heard that General dollar was buying out all the dollar trees, but not seeing anything changing yet. 

Mt. Rider you have got to get well. :pray:

Went through the summer and winter clothes today and changed them out. So now it is going to be in the 70's all week. Go figure. I am keeping a few short sleeve shirts out. Dh has lived in his long sleeve shirts all summer. He gets cold easy. But still wearing shorts. So keeping a couple of pair of shorts out for him for now.  Seems around here you don't know what to wear anymore. 

My tooth is doing better, though still a bit sore. Still on the second round of antibiotics though I am thinking of stopping them. I think the infection is gone and I am tired of being so tired from taking them. Never have I had a tooth to bring me down like this has. May be because of the long time trying to get it pulled that the infection had set in enough to wear me down.  Been trying to catch up on cleaning and next week going to get the linen closet cleaned out. Thought i would have had that done by now but to many things getting in the way.  DH's surgery for skin cancer comes up on the 16th and he still has therapy twice a week.  This does slow things down. But I will get it all done. God willing. 

• Like 4

Good morning! I went to a 15 mile yard sale in Louisiana, yesterday. Best thing I found was a cast iron chicken fryer for $15, nicely seasoned. Got a few other items, but not much. Did lots of walking and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant.

Today, I will do my video shortly, then Church.
After that, I will try to coax kitty into the borrowed live trap and take her out to our friend's house. Then Lady's group tonight. I may have to cook something, but have no idea what right now.

• Like 2