MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Thank you Daisy and SnapshotMiki, Miks, did you see the video of the little girl-dog I'm maybe adopting as well?

I love dogs anyway but the way the world is going now, I prefer to have at least one again.

Not many people brave an unknown GSD.

Gorgeous! Yeah, I want one tooooo! I've always been fascinated by the German Shepherd dogs. They were the first "Seeing Eye" dog breed decades ago. Now many breeds are used.

:sigh: STILL no more than a spatter of rain. Dark clouds make it nice and cool tho. Sox/undies hanging inside from laundry today. Don't quite trust the clouds not to pour unexpectedly. :clothesline::grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044:

The fire yesterday was near but not really a threat. Everybody jumped on it quick and got it out before it enlarged. :amen: That's what it looked like from what I could see of the thin smoke pillars. DH talked to a fire guy before he left work and ...yep, got it out quick. A blob of rain/storm passed right over that area too....{in case they missed a hot spot} :busted: Can you tell I'm a bit obsessed with wildfire? :o

Slept a bit better last nite so I feel more functional. ...thus, 2 loads of laundry. :)

MtRider ....praying for rain to release from these clouds!! :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Your new dog looks beautiful, Christy! Im sure you will like him - GSD are wonderful, smart, and very interactive. Just be sure he has a job (or jobs) he can do, because they can get into mischief to amuse themselves otherwise.....but they LOVE working alongside their humans. I read somewhere they consider themselves 'partners' not 'underlings' to humans, and from those I have known it is true....

Such a beautiful and loyal partner, you are fortunate indeed! I'm very happy for you!

Darn daughter-in-law. :frying pan:

When I was at their house a couple of weeks ago I used the shampoo that was in the shower. My goodness it smelled good. I didn't think any more about it but it just kept smelling good. Two days later...my hair still smelled good. I asked her what it was. Big mistake. It might smell good but boy is it expensive! I couldn't take it any more. I went out today and bought a bottle. Sigh.

But. but, but it's a shampoo, bath AND shower gel all in one. :blah:

I won't be using it every day that's for sure. But when I do, I'm gonna be stinkin' purdy. :bathbaby:

Jeepers, I did that once...the next day I had a migraine. Took me a week to get the smell out of my hair. Ack! But then, I am allergic to most shampoos, detergents, soaps and perfumes.

It started about 20 years ago. Something they put in kills me. Can't breathe, congestion, watering eyes and nose. IDK what it is, but it devastates my system. Sadly, that particular ingredient is in almost everything now. Fabreeze, laundry soaps, bath soaps, deodorants, etc ...

I have to be real careful now. * Sigh *

Well that really 'stinks' Annarchy.

At least I got to try this before I bought it. I used to have trouble going down the laundry soap aisles when they were all powdered. I couldn't hardly catch my breath and I got stuffy and eyes watered too. Now it's mostly liquid in bottles. I don't know if you can even buy powdered laundry detergent any more. Hummm. I'll have to check next time I'm out shopping.

Thank you all, he's rather lovely in personality and that matters most.
Annarchy, it's a longhaired German Shepherd, they are slightly bigger and a bit more relaxed than regular GSD.

Today cleaned rest of the house and for the first time ever it looks like a house and not just a building where my things are kept.

Getting ready for guests tomorrow from Utah. I know her from Facebook and she mentioned they were travelling Germany and I invited her here.

So today in last preparation of that, mowed lawn a bit,moved the caravan on my own through overgrown garden and hoisted 140 rooftiles to the barn.

Still tons of work to do such as sewing curtains for my old timer caravan but I can do that tomorrow while waiting for them to arrive.

They'll sleep in a bedroom and me in caravan cos they need to get rid of their jetlag.

Next weekend will also bring a few more guests for a small party I'm having.

Didn't celebrate anything for years as I was doing so badly but it's much better now and we'll have a bbq and salads and the works.

Pic is Juval ready to pick up his canine friends for a night out on the town :)

13882392_1629931163985617_76172317144683

Christy....is this breed 'hugable'? Do they like human physical interaction ....cuz he sure looks hugable! :lol:

Just surviving heat and storms. No rain yet exactly here. Other places in the state I heard are getting too much rain.

{Hmph, hogging our share!} :yar:

Trying to get well enough to visit folks. It's been more than 2 wks.....and just not feeling well enough to go anywhere.

MtRider :pc_coffee: .....my laptop decided, reluctantly, to do Internet again. SLOW....but more convenient than using DH's! :amen:

Mt, extremely huggable. Dear departed Nima and Maxje used to sleep in bed with me when in Germany (everything one level floor here) and he'd love being cuddled and petted. His fur checked and generally being near theirhumans and interacting.

They're a bit more relaxed than general GSD and can be fierce when needed but before then they're just fluffy bears.

Mt, you went two weeks without visiting people? Did youhave vistors or where you alone all that time?

Sounds like a great dog breed. I'd only slightly heard of them before.

Yeah, Christy. I'm homebound with the MS ...all the symptoms, alot. DH is here, of course....when he's not at work. My sentence in that post was a bit unclear tho. By 'folks' ...I meant my elderly parents who live about 30 minutes away. However, yes sometimes it is two wks between interactions in person with anyone other than DH. Especially when this summer's heat has zapped me pretty badly. Core body temp is running too high.

Tried again on Wed to visit them, but wasn't feeling well at all. I thot about yesterday but only felt ok when laying or reclining. :gaah: On the other hand.....it would have been WAY too hot for me to travel, even with A/C in the truck. So sometimes it's just God's omnipotence protecting me. Forecast had said it would be cooler.....not. cooler. :grinning-smiley-044:

I did get out with a friend last week. She was looking for properties around here. She picked me up and I was able to show her some back ways. Very easy to get lost up here...GPS isn't always right. Never did find the second property. Didn't even find the road on our maps. Used up a weeks worth of energy but it was fun.

MtRider :wave: ...'tis why I appreciate Internet and telephone. :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Ha HA! DH and I made a rhubarb pie. Yes, we grow rhubarb....tho it doesn't flourish up here in Arid Land. He is usually our baker tho I've had plenty of training/experience with being in 4-H a dozen yrs or so. He usually buys a crust [ick] but didn't have any. So he tried making my oil crust recipe. Made the same rookie mistake everyone makes with it.......

If it's breaking apart....add more water. It will not make it sticky. It makes it more pliable.

Note: it's likely been 10 yrs since I've made a pie crust so I was delving into old, dusty memory when I came out to help. Finally I took over the crust and started over in the bowl again. Cut in 3X the water and then rolled it out between 2 sheets of wax paper. He "looked" and couldn't find the wax paper so was trying to use plastic cutting board sheets. :grinning-smiley-044: Anyway, as I did it, I remembered from so long ago. I had made pies back in my 20's and 30's but not much since.

He's a lot more impressed with my oil recipe now that he's seen it actually work. :lol: It doesn't take that much time/effort if you know those two tricks. I love it cuz even if it breaks, it is infinitely repairable. :happy0203:

THIS is how I could still cook bigger projects. Cuz my energy won't hold for the whole thing. But DH and I can work very well together on projects like this. He made up the filling [already harvested and cut the rhubarb] while I redid the crust. Bumping into each other in the teeny, tiny kitchen, but it works.

We canned pickled beets together the last time we had some. He'd never canned but is WAY familiar in the kitchen. So I kept sitting down when I had to but watching so he'd do the canning safely/correctly.

MtRider ....DH LOVES rhubarb pie! :yum3: ....I just love ANY pie!!! :cook:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Closed on a house and some acreage in the countryside in Wisconsin. Lots of places for gardens and DH can tinker away his retirement in his rather large garage. I get to design and build gardens for us and our honey bees. In my spare time, I can go fishing in our stocked pond. Every day is a gift from God. Will be so thankful when we finally settle there in several months. :hapydancsmil:

post-35-0-33742000-1469962799_thumb.jpg

:hapydancsmil::cheer: Congratulations, Homesteaders!

I would love to have that much storage/work space like that garage! Your new land looks grande too. God has blessed you.

MtRider :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider
typo

Been busy writing. Oh but it's quite a book.. trying to figure out each very complex scene takes hours and days..... it got more complex in these very last pages I'm trying to conclude than the whole book! Well, adding in all the dynamics I did, it is a great example of the human condition... I must say.

But oh the editing and second book....... I now have my life's work, just started....... well...... I am almost 57..... oh life's experiences. Heck, I am having fun. Wow.

Parts make your heart pound, parts will make you laugh and cry for the characters, in the middle of a crazy war on American soil...

( but I know Christy's over in Holland and Germany kicking the ISIS types out of course, ya all know she's a warrior spirit too,too, dontcha? ) Yea, they have their hands full...

I have just pulled off an allied unification between Trump and Putin, in person in this book.....but my fictional ( do they make them like this anymore?) hubby the Commander of the Arkansas Militia currently.... oh, spec ops , CIA extraordinaire....retired, or he thought he was.. For age 50, heck, he takes the cake still.... hey I did behave at first, really! ... six foot five.... serious hunk material , profound sensitive side.... well he can't help it....... i loved making up his character, women drool, but he's mine. Yes, I am single.( I can daydream if I want, lol.)

Actually there is so much to this character and his daughters character ... and I think through how to handle it... every step of the way. Im learning things I never knew!

This book is that 'Letter to my Father' too..... it's awesome. It really is. Yes, its very personal in certain ways so I won't post it in Fireside..... heck, I didn't even know I could write such 'details'.... um.... seriously just surprised myself.

Being Bold.... hmm. I can pat myself on the back. Actually it is fiction but I did use realistic family dynamics, emotional cruelty is one of the most common things one can go through and it often does take decades to overcome. Replacing it with love, support to each other, loyalty, acknowledging gifts and abilities and yes, God is in our home.......and how. I really do think he has a great sense of humor.. and yes, miracles do occur........

I think God gets a kick out of my un-orthodox ways.... so you have been warned. Hey, He made me the way I am, doggone it!

Honestly it also is about obedience to God too.. and sometimes, when you consciously do that , miracles really do occur... and that is also what this book is about.

Have I got you curious yet? I am having so much fun with it....yep its a generational story , it crosses several genres.

Edited by sassenach

Sounds like you're having fun, Sass. I decided to splurge and begin a new story. I tell myself to finish one of the other stories but.... :shrug: ...it's not like I'm writing for a deadline or publisher either. I just enjoy word-crafting and setting up stories. Making up characters. And it's something those of us dealing with disabilities can safely do. Unless some thunderstorm comes along and I have to unplug my laptop. No battery working so then I have to find something else to do. Can't keep all your eggs [projects] in one basket and of course there is always :dusting::dishes::cook::clothesline:

MtRider :lol: