MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Been enjoying our four day Thanksgiving in the woods.  Set up the "room" and put our canvas chairs inside, so during the day when it was warm enough we sat in there and Abby was a good girl about not trying to go under the bottom.  We didn't push the issue by leaving her in it while we were cooking outside on the picnic table...LOL

Loved cooking on the Blackstone.  For breakfast, put a couple of potato patty's, some sausage and eggs...breakfast was done shortly.  Even fixed cheese burgers and grilled the buns all at the same time.  Thanksgiving meal was thick slices of turkey breast grilled on the Blackstone.  We dug out our ancient Turbo Cooker and took it with us.  So used one of it's grates on the Blackstone, fixed the green bean casserole in a foil pan and put the "dome" over it.  Mashed potatoes and gravy came from the microwave though! LOL  Pumpkin pie was dessert.  When the weather turned off too cool to eat outside, I just cooked the meal and we ate inside the camper. We have a single burner electric hot plate that is resident in the van, so I just set it on top of the camper's stove and used it to boil water for our oatmeal. 

We were really surprised at the number of campers that were at the campground!  Lots of family units with children.  One was a Mennonite family in a huge bus.  They were having a ball riding their bicycles etc.  Other's were double sites with both rigs parked side by side, and had children.  There were a few "loners" like us but everybody just said "hi...good morning" and kept on walking.  The vault toilets are pretty cold! :frozen:  But we used our portable potty in the van at night.  We're winterized so didn't use any inside water other than what we had in jugs and when a jug went dry, hubby went to the frost free and re-filled it.  For us we took and drank bottled water for cooking etc.  Hubby turned the passenger seat around and grabbed his book, Abby-girl found her bed between the front seats quit comfy when she could tuck her nose under her human daddy's fuzzy flannel pj's!  Me...I was very comfy on the bed, with a body pillow for a back rest...and my Kindle reader.  Did have to start the van's engine a couple of times to re-charge the house battery, but that only took about 10 minutes or so.  We ran a lot of our lighting that was not 110.  Came home, unloaded the camper and yes...it felt good to be back home!  Now it's catch up time with laundry etc.

Was very disappointed though that our camera went toes up and we lost all of the pictures except these three. 

Hubby's still delivering flowers (except they closed for the Thanksgiving holiday) and the weather hasn't been to formidable.  It's not been warm enough for me to wash and hang out clothes for a couple of days, so hubby does the ritual...hauls the basket over to the homestead when he goes there to work...and hauls them back here. :D

Today I vacuum sealed more of my summer t's and un-vacuum my sweat shirts...yep...I found them! LOL

Hubby's putting down the bathroom floor molding at the homestead and then he'll set the toilet.  Then hang the chest mirror and lights over the vanity and we can live with it while he finishes towel racks etc.  

Been browsing through all the posts, and it sounds like everybody's got the lives in some sort of control.  Blessings to each of you.  Stay safe, stay healthy and stay warm!

128548864_1183510372179336_7585717676228646633_o.jpg

128584109_1183510418845998_4929457782458141506_o.jpg

128646540_1183510832179290_1788078704067880565_o.jpg

• Like 7

Busy, busy, busy.

Got all our travel clothing washed, cleaned house.  Washed the blinds, very dusty after the roof replacement.  So is everything else, it seems.  The shed is the worst, because they had to replace several boards.  :buttercup:  I’m working my way through the little things before I tackle the shed.

While in TX, we went to Sam’s.  Got some extra, long term, supplies, which I’ve finally put up.  DH got me another 40 lbs. of unbleached flour & another lb. of yeast.  That should last til spring.  

WM was fully stocked!  Two large sections of TP and paper towels.  Picked up only one large package of each, to replace what we’ve used.  Some of the cleaning products were still a bit low.  They had a sale on vacuum sealing bags, thankfully.  A few 1/2 pint jar cases left, a couple boxes of Kerr rings & lids, large mouth.  That was about it for canning supplies.  I’m good to go on those, for now, anyway.

Got one of the last 10 turkeys they had, the smallest one, 17.96 lbs. at .48 cents/lb.  $8.62.  Yikes!! It’s huge!!  Lol. It’s on the thaw now, then, it will be smoked, like the one for Thanksgiving.  MIL , who doesn’t like turkey, ate quite a bit of it, saying it tasted like ham.  :grinning-smiley-044:

The winter garden seems to be doing fairly well. The 3 tomato plants have over a dozen tomatoes, the tomatillos are flourishing with around 75 or more tomatillos and a plethora of flowers. The beets that sprouted are being nipped by the birds.  Hopefully, they will transplant well.

It’s been chilly here, 35-40° at night, 60’s during the day, but breezy, making it feel colder.  I’m used to the heat, makes me bundle up and shiver.  Lol

Time to get back at it.  Today I have to figure out how our state tax system works online.  They made it mandatory to use, as of the first of the year.  No more paper submissions.  Last month, I was unable to figure it out and when I called the help line, it gave me two options, leave a message or hold.  I chose holding, but, they hung up on me a couple of times.  Hopefully, this month, I can get my questions answered.   

• Like 5

Glad you're home and kind of caught up, Ann!

Just another day in paradise here!

This morning, DH asked the jailor to put our friend into their roster since he has been there since Monday and not found. We can't do anything for him except to contact his kids up North and let them know. So we keep the dog until something changes.

The chest freezer I ordered yesterday (that was supposed to be in store) was cancelled a couple of hours later. I did finally get a refund today, for the first one I ordered that Fed Ex lost. So, no freezer yet.

DH's 86 year old dad had his ankle surgery and is doing well!

I went and bought peppermint ice cream because I wanted it! Still not doing as long a walk, but I am eating a bit less and am losing weight at a good clip.

Going to start a crock pot of chili in a few minutes. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 4

WE2 Glad your camping trip went well. Sounds like you had a great time.

Annarchy, Glad to hear you are back home. And yes lots of cleaning to do after having a roof put on. No fun at all. 

Miki I am glad to hear your FIL did well from surgery.  Hope he continues to do better each day.  Keeping him and your family in prayer during these rough times. 

Took DH to doctor today and he got all the stitches out. Still has to be careful with that leg and not bump it. Bandages are now off the other two places. he is healing nicely.  He was released to go back to therapy as long as he doesn't jar that leg. But he wants to wait a bit longer. I think a lot of his issues with not wanting to do anything is that he is scared he might hit that leg. He hasn't done anything but either sit in den in chair or stay in bed and watch TV all day. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can get him going again and get those leg muscles built up again. Doctor will fully release him in 2 more weeks. 

Dug out the Christmas cards this afternoon, so I can get those started. Want to get an early start on them so I can get other things done later. We have decided to just put up the small table top Christmas tree and the wreath on door. That is about all I will be able to handle this year. We have always decorated the whole house but this year has just been to much.  And now with DD and her DH moving away this month along with grandson, We are all in a mess this year. The Corona Virus is just an added pain on top of what we are going through right now. I for one will be so glad when this year is over. Though I am wondering if 2021 will be a repeat of this year with all the mess still going on in this world. But it is what it is. 

After the first as I am going to take a long rest right after Christmas until after New Years. I am going through everything in this house and start pitching stuff. I am tired of either cleaning around it or having to move it from one place to another. I am going to go through the books as I have about 15 or more tomato box size boxes full of books. I don't think I would ever finish reading all of them. Though some I have read and just decided to hold on to those. I love books and just can't seem to get rid of them. This time they are going. I have cook books I don't think I will ever use again. I don't do the big meals anymore as it is just the 2 of us and DH just doesn't eat much anymore. 

All the old class stuff I have taken over the years both medical school and Bible classes, I think most of that can go. Dishes, pots and pans and so much more that is packed up in shed.  I have decided that if I haven't used it in a year, I never will. It is past time to declutter  this house. I have a lot of camping gear and fishing gear I need to go through and make decisions on what to keep and what to pitch.  Will be a busy few months with a big decision on pitching all of it or having a big yard sell. 

• Like 6

Glad you had a good time We2 and that you are home safe and sound. 

Glad you are home safe and sound too Annarchy. 

Miki, glad your FIL is doing so well. Hope your friend can get out of jail soon and be on his merry way. With his dog. 

Also glad your DH is on the mend too Littlesister. Would he do some exercising at home? My PT showed me how to do some so I could do them at home. Maybe he would get motivated if you did them along with him? 

I need to get some Christmas cards out too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WE2....that looks like so much fun...camping with the van.  Cooking out on the picnic table and all the nature around.  Snug inside for cold and night time.  Ack, it's been a LOONG time since we've camped.  Probably cuz we live surrounded by woods in a log cabin, by a creek and pond.  AND the last time we camped, we nearly froze to death sleeping in the back of a pickup truck with just an aluminum topper.  :frozen:   We're definitely at the age for a camper or at least a heater in a big tent with cots.  :lol:  Reminded me of many good times tho.  :happy0203:

Glad you're home safe, Annarchy.  Is MIL coming to stay with you part of the winter?  We had roof redone.....WHAT A MESSSS!  No one warned me of the hammering...didn't have a chance to cover anything.  :0327: 

Miki.... :pray:  for all your situations.  Glad FIL is doing well.  Hope his foot heals well and can rehab back to walking normal. 

LittleSister.... :pray: for your DH ....and for you!  Pace yourself....[hmmm, like me  :blush:  as I will tell of today]  And I can hardly ever get rid of books either!!!!!  :reading:

TheCG....don't be gone too long!  :wave: 

So....we took my mom grocery shopping yesterday but I was fighting fatigue.  We'd grabbed Wendy's burgers/Frosties and ate with my folks.  I was trying to hurry things along but my mom had brought up the key for their P.O. Box from their truck.....and then couldn't find it.  We were all searching and my dad was not helping with his insistence that THIS is the key.  No...that's door keys.  Finally left without it. 

Went to store first.  :frozen:  Damp, cold!  And I was tired.  Got inside and it was the smaller store she prefers but it was CROWDED.  Ack!  She went to fill heart med 'script and I discovered the only 2 disability scooters were already taken.  Told DH ...I cannot do this.  I got the keys and fled the NOISE/MOTION/CROWDED and returned to the car.  Sat in the driver's seat and turned on car heater and seat warmer.  [bun warmers]  Finally got the chill off. 

DH returned to unload our groceries....I can't find your mom.  :rolleyes:  So I went in as she was just checking out.  I pushed her heavy....VERY HEAVY cart up that danged hill in their parking lot.  She should NOT be shopping there if they park up that hill.  We told her to buy all the heavy stuff....milk, juice, soda, canned goods, etc and she loaded up!  Good, cuz that's what they can NOT do by themselves anymore.  WE will carry up to their back door right off the kitchen. 

Then went to Post Office where she had to purchase a second key for $12....$6 is refundable.  :buttercup:  Had their box for 40 yrs and were never given a second key.  Then went back to their place.

Unfortunately, DH still has trouble with his knee so guess who was carrying all the VERY HEAVY stuff up the flights of stairs?  :faint3:  I was shaking but trying not to let my mom see it.  Went home quick after that.  Still carrying things up our stairs....sheeeeeeesh, what a day.  I really didn't start out this day well but thot Thurs is better for shopping than waiting to see if I'd feel better on Friday.  Slept well.

Today........REST DAY!  DH has BAD spasms in his back.  What now????  {don't ask that question}  About 12:30pm, we get a call from my mom.  She thinks my dad might be having a heart attack.  Has severe pain in L side..up into shoulder and in the back too.  He says wait and see.  She calls back in half hour....he says he'd better go over to ER.  So I shove a bunch of clothes and pills and such for me to stay with my mom if they admit my dad to hospital.  [Hmmmmm......I think I just did this 6 wks ago...]  :pray:  

Off we go.  His pain had significantly decreased but we thot he should go get checked anyway.  My mom didn't want to get near COVID at hospital so she stayed and DH drove us over.  I'm going in with my dad...only one allowed with patient.  I didn't even have a coat....only tank top, jeans, sweatshirt tied at my waist.  And it IS cold out.  But I'm overheating.  We say 'chest pains' and they whisk him in.  I check him in with the insurance cards/medicare cards that my mom handed me.  And the bag of all his meds.  Good move on her part.  That whole area has been changed...no longer a waiting room.  Security desk and check in person behind a clear panel. 

They drew blood to test for an enzyme that will show heart attack.  Did that twice over a 4 hour period.  Negative both times means not a heart attack.  He can't remember and I'm telling them what my mom told me....so they also called her.  By 4pm we're both starved....getting shaky.  I ate breakfast at 10:30am and we both tend towards hypoglycemic.  After the 2nd blood draw, nurse gave us a few crackers/cheese.  Stave off the shakes.  He also had CAT scan to check for blood clot...none. 

So it was concluded that the fall he took on Wednesday was probably the issue.  He fell on his left side when he tried to use a chair to pull himself up off the floor where he'd been sorting papers.  The chair tipped with him; crashing down to floor again.  Well, in his 90's...need to be sure of these things.  By now he was feeling achy yet but not like earlier, so he was discharged.  Dan had gone back to their house ....so as not to freeze in the car since only one allowed inside.  Came back to pick us up and stopped at Wendy's again to pick up supper.  Wendy is our new cook...  :cook: 

Ate with my folks and then went home in the dark again.  Unload all the unneeded overnight stuff and my normal haul-around stuff.  But DH can't do much cuz still having severe muscle spasms in his back...tho the knee is improving.  Seriously, what is going on?  Used arnica gel on his back and my shoulders this morning before this all began.  Planned a quiet day.....  :shrug: 

Tonite I'm okay but will likely be :faint3: tomorrow.  DH has spasms in back pretty bad.  Hope he can sleep.  Weird but it seems like all of our decades-ago injuries are flaring up!  :shakinghead:  Possibly because of this sudden cold and moisture from snow earlier this week???????  Dunno.  We are still in CO for my folks so........

MtRider  ....think I will take the next 3 days off?  :rolleyes:   Stay tuned cuz who knows what happens next?  :pray: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack your dad was having, Mt. Rider!  I will pray for all of you!  Sounds like a lot of individual issues that snowballed.

I put too much garlic (I didn't know that was possible) in my chili, so will be diluting it with more tomatoes and beans, then adding a little brown sugar.  Hope it works!

Going to help a friend today and then take it easy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow Mt. Rider. What a mess. It's hard when we are all aging at the same time and no new younger, stronger bodies stepping in to help. Add on to that our own individual illnesses and weaknesses... Sigh. But you are such a blessing to them. 

I have nothing special planned for today. Hopefully I can get that blasted pantry organized, again. I think I have all the prep food bought for it so I can stop reorganizing it. It's so funny, I emptied all of my kitchen cabinets except for three and got them packed up and moved. They are pretty big cabinets. They are sitting there empty! I could have been putting food in there. I'm going to take some boxes or totes and put some food in them. Then store them in the cabinets. That way they will be packed up and out of the way ready to move. Grab a box and put it in the Jeep when I'm ready. Beats sitting all over the dinning room table and floor and hallway etc! :misc-smiley-231:

Last month I ordered 100 Mylar bags that came with oxygen absorbers. They are just the gallon size but will be nice for smaller type servings of food. I have some noodles and rice and things like that I want to use the Food Saver on then seal in the small Mylar bag. Between the Food Saver, Mylar and a bucket they 'should' be fairly rodent proof. Over kill?  :shrug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was up off and on with DH last night. He had a rough night and hit his leg where the cancer was and made it start bleeding. So I had to deal with that. He had just gotten the stitches out yesterday. So was not closed up that good yet.  He needed to take Tylenol for pain as it started hurting him. I wanted to wash sheets this morning but he decided to stay in bed. So that didn't get done today. Will see how tomorrow goes. He just now got out of bed and went to the den. I am to tired to be washing sheets this late in the day and will be starting supper in about  an hour or so.

Went to Harris Teeter to pick up his prescriptions and picked up a few sale items. Not much but they had canned great northern beans on sale and though I use the dried beans, I thought this would be a fast lunch or something. I really need to get some of the dried beans canned. Just haven't been able to get back to canning for a while. 

I did find 2 more cases of wide mouth pint jars. I grabbed both. Though there were no lids to be found. Was glad to get those as that gives me 4 cases of the 6 that I needed. I still have the 6 on back order that won't be here before sometime in March. Going to keep those on the back order as you never know about the shortages of things anymore. 

Have an issue with Alexa.  My granddaughter bought us an Alexa for Christmas. It came today. From what I hear they record anything you say on them. Government prying ears. I really didn't want one but she is clueless as to all this tech stuff. Can't make her understand a lot of what is going on. So will hook it up and talk with her as we would be able to see each other. She lives in Washington state and us in VA. So I understand why she wanted it. So I figure when we are not on it chatting, I will just unplug it. 

Haven't done anything much in house today. I really need to get my energy back. When talking with doctor he said my thyroid was off but is not going to do anything till he gets the next lab work in. The nurse hasn't called nor have they set up the next appt. as this was done by telephone. I think I am going to try to get DH in bed early so I can go to bed and get some much needed sleep.  He doesn't go to bed till after midnight and I can't keep that up. I can't go to bed till he does as I have to help him into bed. I think it is time for a talk. He just doesn't do much for himself and I am tired of him not trying to do for himself. I am stating to think a bit of either depression or just filling sorry for himself. Either way, I am going back to the days of when he had the stroke. He was depressed because he thought he would not be able to go back to work. Got him through that. But how do you make an 83 year old understand he has lots of things he likes to do and he needs to try to get better if he wants to do those things again. 

• Sad 5

I don't know much about Alexa but I have heard you can turn them off and only use it when you want to communicate with it. I have it on the Kindle Fires and it started answering the radio. There is a place on the Kindle where it says to turn off the hands free option. That fixed it. Now it only responds if I push a button and say "Alexa" before I ask it something. The only thing I ask is what day, time or date is it. 

I ended up at the grocery store. It was pretty well stocked up especially for a Saturday night. About the only thing low was the cleaning supplies. Plenty of paper products and canned goods. I got a few more of the big bowls so the brand of Ramen noodles I like. I like them because the bowls are wrapped in plastic. Also I eat right from the bowl. No clean up except a fork. And they were only $.85. I only eat one bowl about every other month. So, with what I already had, I'm pretty well set on those. Campbell's soup is getting stocked back up and they had a bunch more in the aisle ready to put on the shelf. 

They had the Brussel sprouts I like. I got five packs of those. I don't know why I crave them so much. Of all things. They had the blue jello. I also found the sandwich size pepperoni. It was in the case by the containers of cole slaw and potato salad things. Of all places. It could have been there all along. It's a different brand but I'm fine with that. It might have come sliced from the deli. Don't know. I see a pepperoni, onion, mustard sandwich (or two) in my future. 

The only thing I haven't been able to get anywhere since March is Vanilla Coke. Burger King has them though and they are as good. They just don't keep as long in the fridge. 

Out Of The Ordinary, I checked on the carrots and Giant Eagle has plenty. In bags, out of bags with the top on, full size, baby and organic. Might have been a glitch at your store. Or a late truck? 

Prices have really gone up again here.  :(

The only thing cheap is gas. And there is no where to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Between the Food Saver, Mylar and a bucket they 'should' be fairly rodent proof. Over kill?  

Probably not overkill, Jeepers.  The Mylar isn't rodent proof.  Vacuum seals "should" be odor proof unless there is any residual smell on the outside....which frankly is quite likely.  Rodents have good sniffers!  Buckets can be gnawed thru but any smell would be unlikely to carry on thru the bucket and the Mylar and the food saver bag.  Will all our rodent problems, even the occasional Ratfink in the basement/garage, the only time they gnawed thru something was to get to the dog food inside a rolling trash can.  It isn't food storage if it's not edible by the time you need it! 

DH got a bag of carrots this week so that's the only thing I know of our area.  He/my mom didn't mention any shortage they saw.  I didn't go inside this time.

LittleSister....oh, so sorry your dh's healing wound was bleeding.  Ouch!  More mess for you and pain for him.  :pray:  that it will heal up quickly.  You do need to take care of yourself and he can be a part of caring for you ...if only by helping you get more rest.  :hug3:  

We had a normal, quiet day.  It was warm enough in early afternoon to leave door open....for an hour.  Sunshine was nice.  Still have snow everywhere except the roads.  So it wasn't all THAT warm.  DH's back let him sleep fine last nite but was aggravated when he walked the dog this morning.  So he mostly was laying and watching movie or on computer today.  But he made a pudding/chocolate bits pie tonite.  :yum3:  It's feeling better.  Should be easing off since he took the injection Thurs nite and it only causes muscle spasms for a couple days. 

MtRider  ....I took 2 naps today and did very little...as was recommended.  :lol: 

• Like 3
  1. Still trying to stay off most of my online "fun" so I can get things done.  Working on some goal-planning stuff for 2021.
  2. I always call the seat warmers in the car "toasty buns".  Probably from a Saved by the Bell episode where Lisa is working at a diner and tells someone that if they want toasted buns, they should go sit on a toaster.
  3. I have a 5 pound bag of very tasty coffee that I bought on Black Friday.  Haven't opened yet. Can I just vacuum seal in smaller packages and keep in the freezer?
  4. I followed directions when I made my coffee this morning.  I use either a drip filter or an Aeropress.  I looked up the "flip" method for the Aeropress, and my coffee was even smoother and tastier than usual.
  5. Hubby made me get a bigger ice cream maker, as apparently we'll never be able to build up a stash in the freezer if I only make it with the 1.5 quart one.  Apparently...keto ice cream is a hit.
  • Like 5

Littlesister, I understand about your DH not taking your work and caregiving seriously.  Just expecting things to be done for him.  I have that problem with DH occasionally.  We do have a talk!  I get to feeling like the maid and that doesn't end well!  Then, he decides that he can make his own cup of tea and get his own bowl of cereal, etc.  I know your DH can't do those things, but he can go to bed so you can rest.  I will be praying for you!

Mt. Rider, any update on your dad?

Today, I have to set up my vitamins for the next month.
Make rice for the dog's food.
Find a chicken recipe to PC on Tuesday.
Do some online activity for my health insurance.

Tomorrow, we will drive 70 miles one way for a doc appt. for DH. stop at a thrift shop on the way back and a salvage grocery.

We still have extra dog, still have not heard from "friend" in jail. Only difference is his car is missing from his house. Towed or stolen?

Here's some good news, I hope!  My original ordered chest freezer just showed up!  Bottom of box is damaged, but we will get it unloaded and see if it is good!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 5

Jeepers, I do the same thing, Mylar bags, buckets, and the Food saver bags.  I also have added Bay leaves in bottom of buckets as an added precaution. Might be over kill. But when that food is needed, you don't want to open the bucket to find little creepy crawlies. Though with all the air out of the mylar bags. There shouldn't be any issues.

CG, I need to do the same thing.  I have 3 books I am in process of reading at different times of day as well as being on computer. The only way I am going to get the house back together is to stay out of books and off computer. Only thing is, I am so tired from having to get up 3 or 4 times a night lately, it is wearing me down. Had to change bandage on DH's leg again last night. Doctor may have to catherize it again.

• Like 4

:wave:  Miki.  Other than being sore on L side from his Wed. fall while getting up off the floor [sorting papers on the floor, I think] ...my dad is as fine as usual.  :amen:  

I'm on Day Two after big energy expenditure  - usually significant for MS Fatigue.  Usually a lot worse than the first day after physical exertion.  So far, not bad.  I'm taking things slow.  I took two naps yesterday...not really meaning to.  Couldn't keep my eyes open.  Felt sleepy last nite...went to bed...couldn't sleep even with a whole sleep aid pill.  At 3:30AM I took another half....rarely have to resort to that.  Then slept from 4AM - 11:30AM.  OK...I'll take it.  :shrug:  Went out to porch at 1:20pm to get sunshine in my eyes [not staring directly] for the seasonal affective thing.  So far I haven't had that or the MS Fall Fatigue.  {snort}   Been having too many crisis [plural...how do you spell?] to fall into Fall Fatigue Thing this year.  :wacko:  

It's only 2:30pm and I think I could nap again.  Gaah!  I'm seeking a more productive life and....here I am sleeping at all the wrong times.  [can ya relate, Jeepers?]  Old Lady Issues.  Just get rid of one "lady issue" and ya get the sleep issues. 

And why do we still have fulllllll snow cover when we've had more than a week of warm weather?  I figured it out while watching DH chop the packed snow on driveway into hard "tiles"....then shovel them to the side.  Our trees have grown more than we notice.  More of the driveway is now cloaked in shade than a couple decades ago.  Aaaaah, that's why we have more trouble now.  This part used to have sunshine most of the day and now is shaded.  Enlightening but ....the snowpack remains.  Fortunes lost in snow removal costs.  :yar: 

MtRider  ...... :offtobed:   

• Like 5

I sure can relate to your sleeping woes Mt. Rider. Nearly every day I have to ask Alexa what time it is. With the time change and shorter days, 5 o'clock could just as easily be AM or PM when I wake up. Half of the time I don't know whether to order a Big Breakfast or a Big Mac. 

TheCG and Littlesister, I need to shut the computer down too. Between the computer and the Kindle it seems like I'm always plugged in to something. And the time slips by before I even realize it.

Miki, hope your freezer works perfectly! I'd love to have one. But if I can't then I'm glad you can. Very glad. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is my computer time for now.  Will be fixing some soup for dinner tonight. It has been rainy and cold today. High of 43.

Took DH to get his drivers lic. renewed this morning. He got the real ID. I couldn't find his birth cert. as it was in safe last time I saw it but not there now. So it cost $14 to get a new one. We filled out paper at DMV and they got it just like that. So he is all set. I was hoping to get my real ID while I was there with him but no, I had to make an appt. So it will be Feb. 2021 before I can get it. I think the dead line is Dec. 2021 last I heard. Still don't see the point to have it yet. 

DH went to bed at 10 pm last night on my orders. I was not playing. Told him he was to rise and shine at 7 am this morning to get his meds, wash up, have breakfast and get dressed to be out of house by 9:15.  It worked. Though by the time we got done and back home he was so out of breath. I hate seeing him like that. But this is what CHF does to you and we have to deal with it as best we can. The rain and cold did not help that any.  Got him home and settled and his breathing calmed down. He took a nap in his chair and I laid on couch and took a nap. That nap felt so good. I woke up just after 3 pm. A wasted day, but sure felt good to get that nap. 

Got the Alexa hooked up but still need to get the families phone numbers on it so I can use it to call them. Just don't want to mess with it today. The smart tecknology does not work for us. It is a special plug that you plug into wall and plug the Alexa into that. I don't have all that smart stuff nor a smart phone. So I will continue to turn off the lights myself and turn the stove on and off myself. Don't need Alexa to do that for me anyway. I'm not a cripple yet. 

Going to do some reading this evening and have a cup of coffee while I am reading. I have some Bible verses that I need to read pertaining to the end times. 

If anyone is interested in having those verses, I will be happy to post them on here. Just let me know.

• Like 5

Took DH to doc appt. 70 miles away this morning.  Stopped briefly at a new thrift shop on the way back and the salvage grocery.  Glad to be home!

My new phone came today.  Will take it to Verizon tomorrow so they can change all data over to new phone.

Tomorrow, I hope to start walking again.  Have missed it with all the stress and things going on in our lives.

• Like 4

I think...mebbe...Koa is out of her heat cycle so I took up all the newspapers from the floor.  Vacuumed!  Yay.  Before even catching my breath or my body could give out....took shower/wash hair.  Yes, that is counted as an energy-consuming event!  Then.....  :0327:   Wow.....I feel nearly sick and edging towards sparkly vision [as in passing out].  So I haven't done anything but :frozen:   freeze since those two activities.  Did eat lunch.  Just not getting back energy after last week's marathon.  :yar:  

DH/dog are 'in town' today but not related to my folks so I'm not needed.  I guess I did sent down laundry with him and went down to switch clothes to dryer and :clothesline:   Sun-warmed thermometer says 60* but it's not really melting the snow on driveway.  :grinning-smiley-044:   I'm bundled up, under blankets, down vest, furnace on..... and STILL FREEZING!  Not feverish tho.  :amen:  Just outta energy, I guess.  

Mebbe DH will pick up a bake-yourself pizza for supper?

MtRider  :frozen: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

:bounce:   THANK YOU, TheCG!  I had read and appreciated the Spoon Theory loooong ago.  Maybe more than 20 yrs?  Maybe not....time is rather elastic for me.  :buttercup:    I probably ....well, most assuredly....saved it back maybe 5 laptops ago?  Pffft...gone.  I'm very glad to get it back.  

Fork [and knife...ouch!]  Theory is good too.  It's an elaboration of the "economy" of the spoons.  The things that take the 'spoons' right out of your hands without permission or even your knowledge....until you find yourself short.  A very good addition. 

I actually developed a 'language' for energy [and lack thereof] too.  I call mine the Energy Bank Account.  By sleeping well - you add to this account.  By eating regularly ...decent food...you add.  Slacking on either of these will cause withdrawals from your Energy Bank Account.  Sometimes the most minor of things can cause an withdrawal too.  People new to a disability/disease must learn exactly what will cause these automatic withdrawals so they are keeping a good record of what they have left to work with! 

Like being outside in the WIND.  Ugh, I hate wind....batters at my sensory net  [vision, hearing, tactile ] and depletes the Bank Account rapidly.  Then I get cranky and helpless cuz.....if I'm in a situation where I can't choose to get out of the wind, I can almost SEE every minute how much energy withdrawal is happening.  :gaah:  STOP!  

And.....of course....you look like a raving IDIOT for getting upset with the wind.....  :whistling:   But that's not it.  It's panic....cuz if you can't get out of the wind, you're gonna collapse eventually.  And that is to be avoided, of course.  It's like the battering of the wind is stealing my energy and the ability to even THINK.  It does become the enemy and getting into shelter is paramount. 

Even if that WIND incident was merely walking to the car from a store on a BLUSTERY January day.  Just that fast, it can drain me further than I can 'afford' to be drained, thankyouverymuch!  Just stop! 

When we finally do move back near the kids/Grkids on Maui, I think I'll have them all read about spoons and forks and even knives.  You don't have to have a disability or some other challenge to comprehend this.  Anyone can relate to 'knives', unfortunately. 

MtRider  ....yes, I have a depleted Energy Bank Account but for a worthy cause.  My folks know what it does to me and appreciate ...but hate to deplete me.  :shrug: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
15 hours ago, Littlesister said:

DH went to bed at 10 pm last night on my orders. I was not playing. Told him he was to rise and shine at 7 am this morning to get his meds, wash up, have breakfast and get dressed to be out of house by 9:15.  It worked. Though by the time we got done and back home he was so out of breath. I hate seeing him like that. But this is what CHF does to you and we have to deal with it as best we can. The rain and cold did not help that any.  Got him home and settled and his breathing calmed down. He took a nap in his chair and I laid on couch and took a nap. That nap felt so good. I woke up just after 3 pm. A wasted day, but sure felt good to get that nap. 

My mom's doc put her on Isosorbide Mononitrate, one at bedtime, several months ago. It helps with her angina and CHF. Doc explained to her that it was like a 'cousin' to the nitro. She understands as she takes several times a week. It seems to work for her as she's not out of breath by the time I get her from the chair to the bathroom to the bedroom.  :hug3:

• Like 4