MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Kappy and Mary, that was the sweetest thing to give that person his freedom to do things he couldn't do otherwise.  I know he will never forget you guys for helping him like that.  I am sure you will both be in his heart forevermore. 

Never would have thought about car parts. That is not good news. Now we may all start having issues when we need a part.  Or is this just a coy to force us to buy electric cars.  Sorry, I just don't trust the government. 

Granddaughter and her boyfriend came over for dinner tonight.  The baked ziti with sausage was a big hit. They went back for seconds and also took some home with them.  They put the microwave cart together for me. And it turned out perfect. Now I have my small oven on it instead of the kitchen counter. it took up way to much counter space and I don't have that much counter room. Now I can also put my slow cooker in the bottom of the cabinet when I am not using it and get that off the counter as well.  The top part has glass doors which I like. So that will give me much needed storage space.  Later I will buy a kitchen island. It would be a small one, but would give me much needed prep area.  DH and I had talked about getting the microwave stand and an island,  but he got sick before we could do it. So that all got put on the back burner for a couple of years.  At least for now I have one of them taken care of.  At least doing these things and cleaning house is keeping my mind off of things. That does help. And next Friday I go to granddaughter's Apt. for dinner. I like the taking turns cooking every other Friday as I was afraid I would just not want to cook a meal any longer with it just being me. So it keeps me going and I have Fridays to look forward to.  

Got the office half way done. Still a lot to go through, but at least I can see the floor and have the 2 folding tables out of there now.  Going to clean out the bookcases that I want to put in the living room. They match the living room tables, so that would be a better place for them and would give me much needed room in that front bedroom/office.  Going to start taking some of the store bought food to the church food ministry as I am afraid it would go bad before I could eat it all. I will keep some of it, with just me now it is way to much food. 

• Like 5

Kappy/Chainsaw Mary.......being of the disabled community myself, I know how important it is to treat us all with frank honesty.  Of course most of our disabilities are not invisible [parts of mine are].  But especially a newly disabled or one who has take a larger step into disability.....they do wonder how their new form will alter the attitudes of others.  And....of course it should not. 

I handle my disability by ignoring - not the disability - but the fact that it makes me different.  I think it helps others to know how to proceed.  I talk frankly about it...if it's pertinent to the conversation.  I open that discussion sometimes....kinda teach people how to talk with a disabled person ABOUT disability.  I like to talk to newly diagnosed MS folks....assure them that they can still live life with boldness.  :shrug:   Or....whatever fits their usual personality.  

Well done, you two!  :thumbs:

MtRider ....and kindness translates to everyone!  :) 

• Like 4

We're getting bits and pieces of snow.  Maybe this will mostly miss us??   :lol:   I think it's a bit early in the game to be optimistic. 

All set for something huge......which would be defined by me as Electric Outage.  Anything else is doable without too much trauma. 

Ahhh.....if only the rest of life was as straightforward as a spring snowstorm....

MtRider   .....will survive "interesting" for the next couple days...  :tinfoilhatsmile:

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Littlesister said:

And next Friday I go to granddaughter's Apt. for dinner. I like the taking turns cooking every other Friday as I was afraid I would just not want to cook a meal any longer with it just being me

The "secret" to not wanting to cook just for yourself is to make enough to put some of it aside for another meal or two or three.....................

If you do this you can still take advantage of meat sales and/or bulk packaging of meats. When you get your groceries home you can either break the bigger packages down into "meal sized" portions and freeze it, OR, you can cook up the whole mess of it and freeze meal ready meat for whenever you don't have the time, the energy, or the desire to cook a meal for "just you." :thumbs: :cook: :feedme:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got clothes washed today and cleaned up some more in house.  I am going to go back to church tomorrow. It has been a year since I have been able to go. So will be glad to get back. I have really missed it.  I have talked with several of my Sunday school classmates but just not the same as being able to see them all again.  Just hope I can sleep tonight. That is still a problem for me. I guess after a year of getting up and down to care for Dh when he needed help during the night has messed me up. Thinking about taking melatonin before bed to see if that will help me to get back into a sleeping routine. 

I have decided that the tools I can't use, I will give to my granddaughter and her boyfriend. They have both been a huge help to me the past several months. And he doesn't have much in the line of tools.  I have some things for my grandson but with him going in military now, I will pack all that up with his name on it and take to N.C. to store in one of the 3 garages that my daughter has. Then he will have those tools when he is ready for them. My son in law does not need anymore tools as he has what he bought for himself, all the tools from my daughter's grandfather and a relative of his. So he is good on tools.  It will be a while before I can go through all of that though. The house is first.  Granddaughter from Washington state will be coming in on Wed. Can't wait to see her.  I just hope she doesn't run into snow going back home. I heard there are several states that might have anywhere from 20 to 40 feet of snow. I think someone made a mistake on that amount. I am thinking inches but it said feet. They are also saying we might get some snow tomorrow night or early Monday morning but not much. 

I am thinking after next week as I have several things to do next week. I am going to start canning from the freezer again. I don't want the meat that is in there to stay in there much longer. So I will be canning meat and making more soups and stews to can. I was looking at my tomato situation, I really need to get the tomatoes planted and have enough to can tomatoes. I have really been through those. Got to go to Lowe's to get the parts to repair the grill before my son in law comes down in a few weeks. He said he was going to fix it rather than me buying a new one. 

• Like 4
On 3/6/2021 at 5:42 PM, Littlesister said:

Just trying to keep my mind off of things

When my first husband passed, I found work of any kind my therapy.  I was at that time working part time so that was a tremendous help.  Then I found lots of other things to do to keep myself busy. 

Edited by The WE2's
  • Like 5
On 3/7/2021 at 12:25 AM, Littlesister said:

Midnightmom, Being a free state isn't the issue. I am up in age and my family is moving away. Therefore making it harder for me to have the help I might need down the road with no family around here. My granddaughter that is getting married will in about a year and a half will be moving maybe to S. Carolina for medical school. My move is to be closer to family.  My son in law said he is not going to do another corporate move. They are not spring chickens either and he is 53. So he said he will not be taken another promotion if he has to move to do it.  And even if he did, I could put a tiny house on their 2.33 acers of land and just have it moved to where they are going next. They were here for over 10 years before he got this promotion, so I doubt I would be alive by that time. 

Here it is amost 1:30 and I am wide awake. Nights are my worst. So I couldn't sleep so here I am on computer.  I did put a dent in the office today. So that was a good thing. Still got a long way to go.  Trying to figure out what I want to do is the hard part. Plans in my head but trying to carry those plans out is tough.  

Kappy, Love the greenhouse.

A nice Class A Motorhome would be perfect for you...go to any family member you want to and do what they call "Driveway Camp" and stay as long as they'll have you! and no longer than 30 ft.and you must have room to keep your preps! ...LOL

Edited by The WE2's
  • Like 3

Busy busy busy here!  But boy have we accomplished much!  Hubby re-did our closet shelves and clothes rod in our bedroom at the homestead.  The antique head and foot boards are attached to the new bed frame and they aren't going anywhere!  Today he hung my spice shelf on the wall near my stove and the extended pantry.  It will be so nice to have it right there and not have to search through a cabinet.  He's going to build me more shelving next to it for me to put my half gallon jars of flour, sugar, pasta's etc.  I won't need to holler "I need somebody taller than me" to get my pasta, rice and other goodies down from the shelf here...LOL

We just about cleared the kitchen floor ... again ... LOL  He did the final caulking around the bathroom sink.  I even got to dust off my rocking chair and sat for almost a half hour while he worked on the spice rack...loved it!  I love my rocking chair I do, I do...LOL

We'll be focusing on clearing out the dining room next.  It has an exit door just like the one on the front of the house...and we don't plan to use it so I'm going to just put a large piece of furniture that I have in front of it.  That will free up a lot of space in that room.  I can even see my sewing machine now!  

It rained off an on most of last night and this morning so we didn't get to the homestead until after lunch.  They say we've got a lot more rain moving in.  

Hubby checked the rain catchment barrels and made sure the faucets were open so they'd get another good flush tomorrow.  When we feel sure they're flushed out good, we'll turn the faucets back off and let the rain start collecting.  

• Like 5

Jeepers, I agree with the others.  Do what you can, when you can and how you can.  When hubby and I got married he had a house full of "stuff" and I had this little place full of stuff.  I had lived in it 32+ years and it was paid off and comfy for me.  A small yard, on a snow route and close to most shopping if I needed to walk (not to WM though!). Hubby didn't seem to have any problems moving in here with me since he had no family there.  I'm not having any current "withdrawals" of moving from here maybe because I'm doing it gradually.  BUT...when I sign the title work and deed over to someone else I know I'm going to face reality that I'm never going to live here again.  Having hubby with me I am sure will help me.  I know when I traded off my sporty little Olds with the sunroof for the van I really went through some serious withdrawals!  I still do.  Then when we traded the mini-van for the camper van I again look back and say "I sure miss my van".  I guess we all have transformations in our lives that make us very uncomfortable sometimes.  Having others who understand and encourage helps!  That's what I'm trying to do...encourage you!  Hugs!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The WE2's said:

Jeepers, I agree with the others.  Do what you can, when you can and how you can.  When hubby and I got married he had a house full of "stuff" and I had this little place full of stuff.  I had lived in it 32+ years and it was paid off and comfy for me.  A small yard, on a snow route and close to most shopping if I needed to walk (not to WM though!). Hubby didn't seem to have any problems moving in here with me since he had no family there.  I'm not having any current "withdrawals" of moving from here maybe because I'm doing it gradually.  BUT...when I sign the title work and deed over to someone else I know I'm going to face reality that I'm never going to live here again.  Having hubby with me I am sure will help me.  I know when I traded off my sporty little Olds with the sunroof for the van I really went through some serious withdrawals!  I still do.  Then when we traded the mini-van for the camper van I again look back and say "I sure miss my van".  I guess we all have transformations in our lives that make us very uncomfortable sometimes.  Having others who understand and encourage helps!  That's what I'm trying to do...encourage you!  Hugs!

Thank you We2.  I just love your face off. 

Seems our big storm has been somewhat delayed.  We are getting snow but it arrived later than expected.  ??  :shrug:  The whole state is expecting the heaviest snow tomorrow.....some mebbe tonite.  :shrug:  

Talked on phone to a nearby friend today.  She's also hunkered down with no intention of going out until this passes....and the roads are cleared.  So....we had a nice chat as tho we're visiting at one or the other's house.  :gathering:

Maui 'ohana was up in the night bailing and pumping rain out of their garage.  I thot that system had passed them but maybe this is a new one?  Not a pleasant way to spend one's sleeping hours.  I've always said 'you don't have to shovel rain' ....but then, rain is quite a bit more wily as you try get it where you want it.  

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

:scratchhead:    Sometimes the news reporting of the event is a bit .....unreliable.  I think some of the snow-this-hour totals are coming in now.  This storm was predicted to come in about 24 hrs before it eventually DID arrive.  Late but ....a potent storm as they predicted.  They predicted Denver and north to get slammed.  Wellllllll....the snow area is far more extensive.  Affecting more of the state.  The entire "Front Range"  [the land that begins to rise sharply in elevation from the eastern plains] from WY border to New Mexico border.  It's extending further into the western areas too.  There is a bit of snowstorm action over many parts of the state....including mine.  In some sections close around Denver, it's just qualified officially as a BLIZZARD.   Weather person that I am, I didn't know there was an actual criteria until listening about this one. 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Blizzard Criteria

WIND at least 40 mph [gusts or sustained]  [some say 35 mph]

quarter mile visibility [snow or blowing snow] for 3 straight hours

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

That Square Mile I live in?  Yeah, doing the Deep Snow Dance here!  Hope other local areas are not so deep.  Still snowing ...expected to slack off some time in the night.  We've had dog out the back door...I had to push the snow to get the door open.  Fortunately it's still light/fluffy.  She liked romping around in it ....briefly.  :lol:   Keeping an eye on that door to keep it cleared. 

We've had a good amount of wind at the cabin but down in barnyard/road....it's MUCH stronger.  When snowplow guy calls again, I'll tell him to come after it stops.  Our Plan A.....plow some before it gets deep...is cancelled.  Will not work due to drifting from that wind.  I think our barnyard meets blizzard criteria.  So....safer to just wait til it quits to plow us out.  My truck is parked in barnyard, near the road.  After they finally do begin plowing our smaller roads, we'll be able to get out if we had to.  Short of a medical emergency, not any reason to get out.  Even if we lose electric, I've got all those back-ups I previously listed.  We'd lose water, light, heat, Internet but still have ground line phone!  :)  

MtRider  ....and it's in the 20's so not even that cold...if you're not in the WIND. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Some links:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/03/14/interstate-70-closes-colorado-i70-foothills-mountains-eastern-plains/

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/03/08/colorado-2003-march-blizzard/

I remember the 2003 Blizzard......and I hope these snow totals will seriously help our drought!!! 

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

Glad you're prepped up and safe MR.  That's what this forum is pretty much about. 

We've just had rain and high winds ... so far.  2021  Farmers Almanac says snow sometime these next 10 days...we'll see.  Oppenheimer Ranch is also predicting some major snow across Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri but again, we'll wait and see.

Today we just pretty much chilled out.  Took some laundry to the homestead to put in dryer, took a large bag of vacuum sealed extra clothing, then made a run to Aldi's to pick up a few items that we haven't stocked in the freezers...ie...hamburger buns!  Was also out of refried beans so just bought a flat for the extended pantry.  Then came home and we just chilled out, reading and relaxing. 

Did get a bit of a surprise when at the homestead though.  The tarp had blown loose on the electric stove that we moved out of the kitchen onto the front porch for the time being.  Pulled out the bottom drawer (we hadn't done that!) and found several really nice skillets etc., that my mom had evidently just bought and stored in the bottom drawer.  Nice find!  I think several of them might have magnetic bottoms which means they'll work on my single burner induction burner!  I need to look online and see if I can find and download an instruction manual for the microwave/induction that was mom's and was part of the purchase price when we bought it from her trust.  i know there's a metal rack in it and that's where I set my coffee cup (as did she) to heat up water if I want a cup while I'm working there at the homestead, but I don't want to stick a metal pan in it without knowing more about it!  I can easily use my corning ware and pyrex ware until I know more about it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Are you still getting it, Mt. Rider?  Stay safe and warm!

Sunday, was Sunday School and Church, then Kroger for local sales.

Came home and set up my vitamins for the month.

Today was doc appointment at 8 AM
H&R Block at 10 AM
Dropped off donations at thrift shop
Checked bread store, but none of my bread there.
Walked dogs.
Hard boiled some eggs.
Cooking some steak tenders and french fries.
Also, got info on probate (or in our case - Small estate affadavit) for brother's affairs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went to see Lawyer this morning about disbanding Dh's father's trust for the money to be given to the 2 grandchildren. That will end Dh's father's trust. Got the changes made on my trust.  So I now have my daughter as my power of attorney and granddaughter is second if a power of attorney if needed. Made some other changes as well to bring the trust Dh and I had made years ago all bought up to date.  Then came home and called the postmaster general about my taxes being lost in mail and post office refusing to trace certified mail. It is now being traced and sent to the CPA. It has been 10 days. now. So complaint was put in place. 

Had a couple of calls to make and then started working on the office again.  Going to get ready to move the 2 bookcases into the living room. Then I am going to get that rug out of there. That is another rug that just stirs up dust no matter how many times you clean it. Then I will get rid of the rug in my bedroom for the same reason.  After I got rid of the one in hall and den the dust in  den is not near as bad. This house is bad for dust. I can dust today and you would never no it tomorrow. 

I actually slept last night through the night for the first time in over a year. Hope that continues.  

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Littlesister said:

called the postmaster general about my taxes being lost in mail and post office refusing to trace certified mail. It is now being traced and sent to the CPA. It has been 10 days. now. So complaint was put in place. 

Good for you, Little Sister!  Enough of the nonsense!  :pray:  it needs to be found!   Glad to hear you slept through the night. 

THANKS for prayers and concern, everyone!!  :grouphug:   Storm is over, finally.  Due to our high altitude location....and that special One Square Mile, we got 2 feet of snow over a 24 hour period.  Yep, an inch an hour.  :0327:  Sun came out today and it's melting/compressing.  The sun is eating the  "wedding cake" formed on the round picnic table.  But there is SO MUCH to melt.  Good thing we left one vehicle near the road....cuz I'm not seeing the snowplow guy.  Road is nicely plowed now tho.  SO thankful we kept power...and folks did too.  So much easier.

I got a tremendous amount of snow shoved off each of the steps.  Then under the porch.  Away from the big garage door....or it melts and runs under it.  Away from the small people door to garage too.  But need to scrape down the hillside around the corner from that door.  Got snow off two tarps covering things under the porch.  :faint3:  Then 'died' on my bed all afternoon/evening.  Took nap. 

MtRider .....I loved watching the snow coming down but ....today, I really hate snow.  :buttercup: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 5

Its been a bit hectic lately.  The kids are driving me on a trip around crazytown.  Workers were in last week replacing the insulation under the house.  We sold the RV and are trying to decide if we want to replace my van or the roof with the proceeds.  The roof was original from 98 and my van was purchased new in 2003.   My husband has ambitious plans for yard projects that I am dreading.  

I skipped a week on getting school food for the kids so we could catch up on our perishables.  They are pretty much funding school meals for all kids forever including dinner now.  It reminds me of that old government cheese and shelf stable eggs they passed out when I was a child.  Now they hand out WIC cards.  I wish they would do the same with the school food.  Give a set amount of $$ on a card to every enrolled student household.  It would save the environment if nothing else.  The excessive amount of packaging involved is insane.  The food waste in my household is truly sad; I cannot imagine how bad it is in houses who don't care about food waste to start with.  Our tax dollars at work.  

• Sad 5

Big hugs & prayers for everyone.  Stay safe.

I have been busy trying to get everything in order for MIL.  Still need to put some hooks on the ceiling in her bedroom, for her hanging plants.  She will be here until after Mother’s Day, and doesn’t want them to die.  

Increased the size of the water closet, got it painted.  Found a bathtub shower chair at WM, so I don’t have to bring in the cast iron patio chair every day.  It was the last one they had.  Made room in my closet and dresser drawers for her.  Turned the living room chair sideways, so she will be able to have the ottoman to put her feet up on and set up a small table beside it for her to use.  Storm doesn’t like change, turning the chair, gave him anxiety.... just wait till Mom gets here on Friday....  he will have to deal with it.    It has been a challenge, but I think I have done as much as I can.

The weather certainly hasn’t been helpful.  It has been lightly raining, off & on a few days last week, halting laundry, and dealing with muddy paw prints.  And... it’s raining very lightly again this morning.  More like light sleet around 4am.  DH was shining his flashlight and you could see flakes flittering around.  Haven’t seen flakes, here at the house, in over 15 years, and certainly not in March.  Then, it’s supposed to be 80°F by Friday?  Expecting a LOT of wind from the temperature change.

I have been harvesting the fava beans, so far, about 2-3-4 pounds that need to be processed, but, that job will wait until I get back home.  I’m hoping we get a couple processed pounds, and that the plants keep producing.

Oddly enough, the tomatoes, on the vines since January, still haven’t ripened. I picked a green one, that is still green in the window, over 2 weeks ago.  IDK, only about 2 cups worth have ripened, but the insides are green.  Tangy.  I picked them when they were yellow, because the birds were picking at them.

Finished making the replacement upholstery for our living room furniture.  Used the same material to replace the material on the desk chair and kitchen chairs.  (Custom. Lol). Longest zipper I have ever done, it runs around 3 sides!  Only two sides on the matching chair and ottoman.  9 yards.  The covers are washable.  Yes, they are futons.  The couch is a double bed and the chair & ottoman are a single bed.  We had them custom made, back in the early 80’s.  The cushions are filled with raw cotton & have to be fluffed annually.  Made the pillow cases, sewn by hand, before I got a used sewing machine, out of the same material I made our Travis curtains.  Now everything matches.
60F326C7-3680-4215-B9CE-050E3DE20677.jpeg

Keeping my friend in constant prayers as she is on the road, moving to a new house.  

I need to catch UPS, when they drive through the neighborhood, to ship out 3 packages.  Calling in for a pickup incurs an additional charge, I don’t want to pay.  

Morning is here, the birds are singing, waiting for their seed, and I still have a lot to do before I go get Mom from TX tomorrow.

:pray:

• Like 9
28 minutes ago, Annarchy said:

Calling in for a pickup incurs an additional charge, I don’t want to pay.  

I have a system for pick ups since much of what we do sells overnight.  I have a small piece of cardboard which has printed on it "please pick up mail on porch".  We put that in the mail box, put the flag up and they come right up to porch for pick up.  

Today is supposed to be rainy, so it will be laundry day.
Do video.
Will fry up some turkey sausage, bell peppers and onions to add to eggs for breakfasts.
Have to mail a package at the Post Office and then get my hair cut at 1 pm,
Walk dogs if we have a clear time in the day.
Have to start calling yard fellows as our guy stopped doing lawns.

• Like 4

I love the new upholstery, Anarchy.  You have been busy for sure.    I was wondering about using your green tomatoes to make Green tomato pie.  It really is almost like apple pie.  

Stay safe on your trip. 

Hugs all. 

• Like 5

This morning was consumed with getting mama to take some nitro for her chest pains. She wanted me to Google signs of heart attacks. She already knows all of them but wanted them reread to her. She is a medical encyclopedia. She scoffs at my lack of medical symptom knowledge. Sometimes people live out their symptoms if they dwell on them too long.  :thumbs:  The last place I want to be right now is at an ER. I feel our medical world has basically failed my family and church. So many of my friends and church leadership have died due to lack of medical intervention due to paranoia at the local hospitals/clinics. None of it was covid.  I put little faith in them anymore, which is probably as it should be. My childhood was without clinic appts. I barely knew our doctor's name. If it wasn't broke, it didn't need fixing.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Homesteader I :pray: your mom is ok. And the nitro will take care of her chest pain.  Hope the Angina is mild and will not cause any heart issues other than what is already there.  I agree about the hospitals and the lack of care for non corvid patients. I have been through it with DH and I know he didn't get the care he would have 3 years ago. The medical field has also killed off many of our church members as well. 

It will be up to us to be sure to take care of ourselves as much as possible.  Checking our own blood pressures, and anything else we can do for ourselves medically.  My blood pressure went way up and I needed to get it down after Dh passed. I knew it was nothing more than stress. So since Dh and I both took the same B/p meds. and his was 1/2 of what I took. I took mine in the morning and his at night. Blood pressure is now back in normal range. So yes we really need to do a lot to keep fit.  Though there will be times we need to go to a doctor, after what I went through with Dh, I want to stay away from doctors as much as possible.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Been working on office this morning. Got one bookcase emptied and ready to move to the living room. Need to go to store for a couple of things as granddaughter will be coming in tomorrow and staying with me. We are going to my other granddaughter's house for dinner as she has a friend coming in from Alaska that will be staying also. I haven't seen her in a long while either. So would be nice to see them all again together. 

Started raining last night and early morning.  Just cloudy and not much sunshine. I hate days like this.  Ready for warmer weather and sunshine. 

I am doing a bit better, but still have my days. Just trying to keep as busy as I can to keep my mind off of things. 

They still have not found my tax papers yet. They still have not moved since the 8th. Wondering if they are really looking for that package.  Thinking of calling my CPA to find out what I should do. Thinking I am going to have to call to get all new 1099's etc. and start over again.  I am going to give it one more day and then call the CPA.  Since Dh's father's trust will be done with soon. I will start doing my own taxes. Hoping they won't be as complicated next year. Will see how that goes. 

I am becoming overwhelmed with the amount of food in house. With it just being me, it won't get eating near as fast. One side says to take some of it to the food ministry and the other half says hold on to it as the economy is going to tank and fall off the cliff. For now I will just hold on to it and see what might happen.  At least I could help some neighbors out with the extra food. 

Ann that couch and throw look wonderful. you did a great job on that. I like the colors. 

WE2, I do agree that keeping busy helps to keep your mind off of things. Just wish getting this house fixed like I want it to really be, would go much easier. Moving furniture by myself is no fun. But I am getting it done.  The microwave hutch I bought is working out better than I thought it would. It is tall and has lots of room for storage. 

• Like 4