MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

The WE2's

Here's a pic of the trap I use.

image.jpeg

Then, I put a cover over the back.

image.jpeg

Unfortunately, I will have to throw it away because the rat I caught today tore it up.

image.jpeg

He made a messy nest in the trap.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeepers

• Mt_Rider

• The WE2's

• Annarchy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test results are in.  No COVID!

I wanted to let you all know that DH pasted away early Sunday morning. He passing was quick and he was very much at peace. He knew the Lord and I know he is with him now singing and dancing with his p

Every day, you guys. Every. Single. Day. We’ve had 2 days of clear air in the last four weeks. Today this is what my car looked like while sitting overnight under the carport. It’s on the windowsills

Posted Images

Back home safe and sound...and there's some storms all around the area we were camping at :-( Glad we were able to get home, get the trailer unloaded, the okra picked (almost 2#!), some 'maters too :-) Love the B2E type gardening. It's pretty well taken care of itself for the month of August :-) Had some crook neck but want to leave them to grow a bit bigger. Also...ahah! I've got two speghetti squash growing!!! I'm so thrilled. We really enjoy that stuff :-) Abby-girl is really glad to be home :-) The horseflies were terrible around the lake areas etc., and she's petrified of them. Made her visits to do her biz really quick and any time she spent outside was later in the evenings :-( We'll probably take a few more camping trips this year...but after the horseflies go away. This was sort of a "working" camp trip and we worked in some very hot (100+ heat index) and humid weather as well as dodging rain...but the lady who needed the work done got most of the work done that she needed. We just flat ran out of time. The job just involved alot more than we had anticpated.

A LOT of thunderstorms thru MO yesterday, WE2. Glad you all are fine and back home.

MtRider ....yeah, Koa twirls round and round when the big flies get to pestering her. Then she wants IN! {me too!}

Odd. I have a bad sore throat and have been sneezing a lot today. I feel a migraine coming on too. Gonna be a fun weekend at my house. I don't think it's allergies because I haven't been outside. Don't think that would cause a sore throat. Whatever. Closer to bedtime I'll chug some Benadryl, call it a night and try again tomorrow. Four more hours...

My grass could use mowed again. I can't believe how fast it's growing this month. It really needs it twice a week. Either it's been raining at night when I'm asleep or someone is sprinkling Miracle-Gro on it. Would be just about like 'those' neighbors to my east. :icon19:

Welcome home We2's + 1 redhead. :D

Yes...the redhead is truly glad to be back to "life more normal"...:-) Today we took one of our day trips to plain people country to re-stock some things we've used up. She's much more comfy in "her back seat" with the windows down and a little fan blowing from the front :-) We have a little fan that clips on my sun visor and plugs into the thingy-majig in the truck and blows air back to her.

Stopped at the open air market while we were "on the road" and there was an Amish lady (?) selling pieces of yard goods but not enough for me to make anything. But...she had four little aprons for 50c each so they're now mine :-) I wear aprons to much. They really save my clothing. I even have two plastic ones...one to drape around MrWE2 when I'm cutting his hair and one for me too. Keeps it going to the floor where I can sweep it up :-)

Hope you feel better soon, Jeepers! Rain finally seems over here (for now).

We had company today! Yay! Friends from FL stopped on their way home. Made jambalaya and a pineapple sheet cake. We had a great visit and it makes me want to move sooner! But no.... Have to wait for the VA.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

MrWE2 worked at the Roost today, dismanteling the parts he wants to keep from the Tioga C-Class camper. Just a few more things and then the salvage man will come get it. Wore him to a frazzle being shut up in an RV :-( I was able to help him get the refrigerator pulled out though...using our wonderful forearm lifts. Bought these several years ago and we've moved things nobody thought we could move.

I've developed a dry cough. I'm pretty sure it's a cold now. I might be feeling a little warm. I can't ever remember having a summer cold. I probably did when I was a kid but that's too long ago to remember. Sheeesh. I feel lousy but I am grateful it isn't intestinal.

Worked at the Homestead today getting the mowing done. I cut all the corners and sprayed weed killer in the front ditch, and vinegar in some places in the yard. He does the weed eater stuff and handles the riding mower. Soooo hot and humid. Then it clouded up and rained about 10 drops :-( Picked two more gallon bags of Okra that I put in the deep freeze, and about a half gallon that I brought home. Picked 6 nice sized yellow necks and one Roma. We've decided we just don't have time to put in a winter garden. Tomorrow we'll head back to the Roost so MrWE2 can continue stripping out the old RV and I'll do a bit of mowing in the front yard. Did a quick fix supper of mac & cheese with some hamburger in it while he took the truck to fill it up.

I'm not sure what I've got. My throat is getting better. Last night I had a fever and chills. I keep coughing. I coughed all night long. It's a dry unproductive cough where if I don't cough it feels like I'm going to gag from dryness. Coughing hurts my head. Normally I rarely cough. I guess the best way to describe it is tightness in my chest. I'm still stuffy but at least the sneezing has stopped. I really feel lousy. Benadryl and Halls didn't do a thing.

I just looked up bronchitis and suppose it could be that.

We connected DD's awful, awful tantrums to mozzarella cheese. I was praying and praying. I couldn't figure out what was going on with her...my sweet-as-can-be-girl had a huge change in behavior! Even the tired, teething tantrums were nothing compared to this! Maybe now we can move forward in potty training.

I'm continuing to work on building our home library for homeschooling. With my chemical sensitivities, I react to books printed in Asia and I had to give up on used books as I sometimes react to those as well. And now Barnes and Noble has the same restroom policy as Target, so I am no longer buying from them. God is our Provider and I am confident He will provide safe books that we need. I've been able to get some good stuff already.

It seems like one thing gets better and another falls apart. Now it's my ears. My voice is shot but that could be a good thing...depending on who you ask. Grin. But, my chills and fever are gone along with the sneezing. The main issues are headache, throat, cough, tingly ears and fuzzy eyes. I wonder if I have the flu? Does that even happen in the summer? I am very thankful it wasn't stomach/intestinal. Yet. I rarely get sick so I feel like such a wimp.

So glad you figured out your daughters trigger!

I have problems with some used books too. Even books from the library can smell 'off'. Books from a smokers house...forget it. Of course the library can't control who takes out their books like smokers or animal hoarders or just dusty people. Good luck building your home library. Sounds like you have a good start.

I didn't know about B and N bathroom policy. Sigh. I miss Borders.