MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

7 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

This has been a weird year!!!! 

Do you get flu shots? My various docs are pushing the flu shot this year. I can't remember what the specialty pharmacist said yesterday, but it was something like, "with Covid around, the flu could potentially get much worse."  I thought they cured the flu last year since they didn't track much except C-19.  :scratchhead:  I'm on the fence with the flu shot this year.  :blush:

• Like 3

Mt. Rider it has been a weird 2 years when you think about it. Hope the horse riding goes well. 

I glued my weight gage for pressure cooker together and it worked perfect. So was able to use both canners. :) 

Hoping to get to B'J's this afternoon after the barbeque is all done. If not I will go tomorrow. Need to get the gas cans out of shed and get those filled up as well as the car. B'J's gas is usually cheaper there and I can fill up propane tanks cheaper there as well. Going to buy 2 more tanks to keep in shed. That gives me 6 or 7 of them so should be good. need to check the one on the grill now to see how empty it is. But I am thinking it is almost full. It was changed out early on last year and I didn't get to use it at all.  Need to buy more of the small green tanks also for my small grill. Making a list and checking it twice. :laughkick:Going to be a huge shopping trip for me this time. Stock, Stock, Stock.  On all the things I use a lot of. Might buy more meat at the wholesale club for canning. Need to get the soups made and canned as well. Gee I have already run out of room. But with winter on the way, I can store some things in garage that I won't store in summer.  Need to take a trip to the feed and seed. As well as Lowe's or Home Depot. Got to get started on getting the raised bed boxes together. Need the garden soil, peat moss and other things.  Still have those 40 lb. bags of top soil in shed that Dh had bought. 6 bags of it. I really wish I knew what Dh was going to do with that. Thinking he was going to use it in the garden between the 2 sheds but now it is to shady there. Need to get those trees trimmed back so I can use it. Will now have to plow all that up again as grass has already grown over it. Need to make time to get those blueberry plants in the ground as well. So much to do.

Fridge got pushed back again to Nov. 3ed  On Nov. 2ed I go to the showroom to pick out my stuff for the fireplace and other things I am having done. Trying now to get electrician here to finish out the larger awning. It takes forever to roll that in and out manually. With the price of natural gas and oil going way up now. I will really get a good use out of the wood burning insert for fireplace. From what he said I am wondering about fixing it so I can heat the whole house with it. Going to ask about a price for that, but might not have enough money to put in the vents to do that. But will see how that goes. Not a big thing on my to do list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Homesteader that is a choice we all have to make. Now they have a new one that is a 2 part flu vaccine. I will not get that one as I am not trusting the pharm. company on that yet.  Didn't get a flu shot last year and not going to get it this year either. Around here flu season is not bad until around Jan. and Feb.  So for those months I will not be going anywhere. I will as I always have use the precautions to keep from getting it. 

But again this is a choice each of us has to make.  

• Like 4

No flu shot here.  Haven't had one (or the flu) since I worked at the Health Dept. in FL in the early 90's.

Kappy, I  am storing all broken limbs from hurricanes in my old goat shed (that does not mean DH's shed)  LOL.

Glad you got your canner weight to work, Littlesister!

Sorry about the snow, Mt Rider.  We are looking forward to days in the 70's starting tomorrow.  Welcome break from upper 80s to 90s!

I've already walked and getting ready to walk dogs.
Will water rose garden.
Call about streetlight out (again).
Get tote of jeans that were too small into bedroom. The ones I'm wearing are falling off. 8 pounds from my final goal of 135! Yay!!!

• Like 5

Yikes!  DH said he found me sleep walking last night!  I do NOT remember, at all.  He said I was holding up the wall, saying my water bottle needed to be filled. Sigh, I haven’t done that since I was a teenager!  

WM run, most everything was stocked. Low on paper towels, but we have enough for now.  Ducked & dodged a slew of people for Country Thunder.  You can tell, when their carts are full of beer, ice, water, ice chests BBQ stuff  and folding chairs, oh and blankets. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Music in town, we can hear it.  I don’t mind country music, if it is the old stuff, like, Sons of the Pioneers. But, this cross over music, modern, I can’t understand.  Our town is over run, with out of town people, the poor market, they will need to restock daily!  DH said their shelves were scarce!  Typical small town.  Lol. 

Burgers tonight.  He’s making ‘Western bacon cheeseburgers’ (Carl’sJr. type), mine are just a simple bacon cheeseburger.

Puppies will get the grease mixed into their food as a treat.

Tomorrow is house cleaning, again.  Between the massive dust storm and de-oh-geeze running through the sprinkler mud… yeah, it needs to be cleaned, again…. Lol. 

Preparing to go to Mom’s house next week. Visit a friend, and… pick up some more beef… if it isn’t too expensive. God willing, it will be within our budget. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Homesteader said:

Do you get flu shots?

Nope, don't get those ....  Tried one year and got the flu.  Haven't had flu in past 30 yrs except twice.  :cheer: 

:frozen:   It was 16* early this morning.  Auuuugh!  It was fall weather last week.  No snow sticking except on the high peaks.  But today was COLD for the horse ride.  DH and I rode into 'town' together with senior transport....him to our doc to work on his back.  Me to the ranch.  I brought an assortment of clothes to decide when I got there.  There is enough geography between our house and the ranch to be different weather.  Heavy leather/lined gloves or light leather gloves?  Just jeans or covered with insulated snow pants?  Down vest with coat or just coat.  I went with the lighter in each case and stayed warm.  :)  

So....y'all ready for The Next Adventure With Therapeutic Horse-Riding:buttercup:   The horses are used to the ranch dogs.  But just as we started out, a couple of independent riders were coming in....but were still back up the other hill.   Our line-up was 2 children, 2 parents, R leading in the front....me bringing up the tail.   The independent riders had a loose dog which the Ranch dog ran off.  It was a pup and wanted to play with everything...including the horses.  Ranch dog thot his job was done and returned to run next to R.  The dad's horse ignored the returning pup's antics.  MY dear horse did not.  The pup was trying to jump up at T.  So he started bucking...several times.  I was on-guard so stayed seated.  But it was definitely. overly. exciting!   Reins in R hand....my left grabbed for the saddle horn  I'm not to proud to HANG ON!  :grinning-smiley-044:   But my hand was jerked off due to intense motion going on.  I grabbed again and was able to keep hold.  Did not come off.

When T settled, we were going up the hill to catch up and he kept jolting to a stop.  I looked down to see if T was kicking at the pup again....??  OH, when my hand slipped off the saddle horn, it dragged the knotted loop of the lead rope off too.  As it was dragging on the ground, T was stepping on it!  Oh for pete's sake!  Hollered out to R.  Normally I would have turned T's head to me and leaned forward to grab it.  But in the current state of horse's EXCITEMENT....and mine.....  :grinning-smiley-044:   Nah, I'll let R handle it.  He'd missed the show cuz of the terrain...he was just over the rise when mypersonal rodeo began so I told him.  My hands were still shaking as tho I had a bad case of hypothermia.  Told him...ach, never mind.  It's just my wacko nervous system.  It will settle.  

It did take me 2/3rds of the ride to really settle and 'find my seat'.  Hard to explain but that's when you're really relaxed and moving with the horse as one.  Usually, I can do that easily.  Rough ride....but still enjoyable.  Didn't get cold.  Views of near and far mountains; all snow-capped.  Pure blue sky.  :happy0203: 

Senior transport took DH and I back home.  Starving....ate up the leftovers.  DH baked more bacon.....BLT's tonite.  Now I'm SUPER worn out.  :0327:   Spent more than usual amount of energy today.  But.....all's well that ends well....  [ Ma Ingalls ]

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anarchy, Hope you are able to find some good prices on beef. It is getting high here already. Though when I went to Food Lion to buy the sale on chuck roast, they only had one left. But did have some beef reduced by half price. I canned that yesterday. Got 8 pints and they had their Boston butts on sell for 99 cents and I canned that today. Also got 8 pints out of that. I was so tired from canning and other things I was doing, and it was my turn to cook for granddaughter and her Dh that when she texted me about dinner tonight rather we were still on, I said no, we are going to Applebee's. So we had dinner there tonight. No cooking or cleaning it up. I don't go out to eat often so it was a lot of fun and I was able to relax and get some energy back. Granddaughter's Dh only has one request for when they move in with me and that is can he have a place to set up his computer. Don't think that will be an issue. I am sure I can fix him a place up for that.  Granddaughter wanted to know if I would be able to go with them to my daughter's house end of month and I said yes. She got all excited. So we are leaving on the 29th and coming back on the 31st. This will be my first time getting away since Dh passed. I think I am ready for it.  I really do need to get out and just relax and forget things for a while. Trying to move on has not been easy. So working on getting things fixed around here and then trying to get out and away from it all for just a couple of days will be a good thing. I am ready. 

• Like 3

Mt. Rider I am glad your horse riding went well, despite the rougher ride.  But you held on and didn't fall off. So that was great.  It's really getting colder out your way. We are in the high 70's right now. Still have air condition going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Little Sister, It will be great for you to go visiting with the younger generations.  I think you've done well this past difficult year.  :hug3:  I really wonder how my mom will do ...when/if my dad passes first.  Not sure how I will do when they're both gone.  :sigh:   Trying to spend time with my mom....call my dad.  Clock seems to be in count-down. 

Sleepwalking, Annarchy?  Oye....don't go outside.  It's been a long time since I got any further than the light switch.  I have a reoccurring dream ....tho hasn't occurred in years.  I dream a spider is dropping down on me in the bed.  I see it and slide out of bed sideways.....run to turn on the light.  THEN I stand there blinking and trying to discern if it was a dream or not.  Eventually I logic it out --- of COURSE  I can't see the spider with the light out so........I was dreaming.  Go back to bed.  Sheeeesh! 

13 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

in my old goat shed (that does not mean DH's shed)  LOL.

:lol:    :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider  :offtobed:     [......no spiders allowed! ]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Walked first, this morning. First cool day! 57 this morning and up to 70 today!
Have cauliflower (potato) salad prepped.
Will be grilling out this afternoon.
Next I will kill ants and sweep up glass where some nimrod broke a bottle on the road in front of house.
Pull out my electric blanket so I can sleep with the window open and still be warm! Yay!
Water roses. Nice day!

10 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

I have a reoccurring dream ....tho hasn't occurred in years.  I dream a spider is dropping down on me in the bed.  I see it and slide out of bed sideways.....run to turn on the light.  THEN I stand there blinking and trying to discern if it was a dream or not.  Eventually I logic it out --- of COURSE  I can't see the spider with the light out so........I was dreaming.  Go back to bed.  Sheeeesh! 

That happened to me all the time when I took more than one zyrtec or atarax.  I moved fast when waking up.  Not awake until I was standing by the bed.  Then I read that nightmares or night terrors were a side effect of taking more than one.  But when I had hives, it was kind of neccessary.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I did cardio this morning. I ran into a spider web when I was outside. 

I have gotten nothing done today. Grandson kept on texting me to the point I had to start ingoring him. He just can't seem to save money nor get his act together in order to live on his own. He has a lot of growing up to do, And in this day and age it is going to be so hard for kids like him to get on there feet. I really do feel for all these kids just trying to start out in this world. It will not be easy. It's sure not like it used to be. And it's going to get worse. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

Was the former the result of the latter??? :24:

I'm guessing, definitely yes!

Already made jello and pudding this morning.
Next Sunday school and Church.
Take bag of elderberries off stems and repackage and re-freeze.
Look through some photos for my sister's quilt project.
Start typing up my travel updates from 2003 to 2011. That should be interesting!
Other than that, just hang out with DH!

• Like 3

Getting back to it today. I was sick and in bed all day yesterday. It really sucked. My oldest had a football game and we were supposed to go to a cousins wedding reception after. Needless to say I missed both of the events. Glad I had some leftover prescription nausea meds and some warm 7up to help with the throwing up. Much better today. Cleaning up the house today. DH is not one for cleaning or having the kids pick up after themselves. On my second load of clothes and the dishwasher is running. Need to clean my bathroom, vacuum and dry mop. I have the week off coming up, so I made a list of what I need to get done and things I need to purchase and order online. I also need to get my haircut and see the chiropractor again. 

• Sad 5

Hope you are feeling better, Jayceef!

Walked first this morning and walked dogs.
Watered rose garden.
Picked up car from mechanics. May know what the problem is. Taking it back tomorrow after DH runs around some.
Did ebay photos for DH.
Am re-canning salsa, tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce.
Will do pedicure tonight and relax.

• Like 3

jayceef, Hope you are feeling much better.

Yes Cardio was cause of walking into spider web. Yuk. 

Went to BJ's this morning.  Got another propane tank so am now good on those. Found out those small greens one I bought in store for small grill are refillable, just need to get an adaptor and they can be filled from the big tank. 

Bought mostly non food items.  Couple of queen size blankets for 14.99 and they were nice blankets. Also a couple of fire extinguisher on sale.  Not the big one I have now but will do for smaller fires.  Rice, chicken breast on sale to put up tomorrow. Some canned corn, and peas. That was all the food I got. Got more computer paper as I need to start printing out some things off computer and a few other things for cleaning. Lysol was on sale in a 3 pack, so jumped on that also. 

Came home, unpacked car and then cleaned kitchen. 

Taken a break for now. Me tired.  

• Like 3

Feeling much better. I think it had something to do with the new meds I am on for my migraines. UGH! I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy! Did a bunch of cleaning today. Yesterday was a run to Costco. Yikes it was crazy! We only have one, so I think that it is always that way. We got quite a few things. I would have liked to go back in for a another cart load, but DH was with me and his patience wears thin. So, when we got home, I ordered the rest online to be delivered. Probably not as good of a deal, but that is ok. I also ordered the battery deal from Office Depot today and ordered the max limit on the dawn dish soap. It was a great price and because I got the max, I got free shipping. Should be set for awhile. Getting my hair cut tomorrow. Looking for a few things, but mostly just fun shopping and to see what the temperament is like and how people are acting. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Yes Cardio was cause of walking into spider web. Yuk. 

I thought the cardio was the result of running as fast as you could away from the spider webs. At any rate, Miss Muffet, I'm glad you didn't wind up with any injuries from the experience.

this vid is on FB: https://www.facebook.com/simonscatcrunchtime/videos/175803131375493

This version is a clip of a longer video compilation, but it is hosted on YT so it should post here with no problems.

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Haha 4

I'm so glad there was no spider, but I'm not afraid of a spider. Just hate when I don't see a spider web and walk into it and it is all over me. No injuries think goodness. 

Thank you Midnightmom. That was a funny video. 

• Like 2

Walked first and then walked dogs.
Just started prep for colonoscopy tomorrow (preventative, not for problems). I think I will stay close to the house today. Have to be there with DH at 6 am tomorrow.
Today, I will take elderberries off stems and bag up to re-freeze.
Will make out some Christmas cards. Just got off phone with Shutterfly. They are reprinting some 4X6's that turned out too dark to use.
That's really all for today. Tomorrow should be interesting. maybe wrong word.

• Like 2

We are coming to the end of our mortgage in September and are in a position, given the increase in the value of our property, we have approximately £100k in equity.

We want to release some of this do build either a 1 or 2 storey extension when we remortgage. However, if we did this, which would add value to our property, our mortgage would still be based on the valuation pre-improvements.

How does it work with regards to the valuation of the house after these improvements? Can you get a valuation on what the property would be worth after the improvements for our remortgage or would we just have to stick with the pre-improvements valuation until we come to remortgage again?

• Confused 2
11 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

Tomorrow should be interesting. maybe wrong word

:pray:  for Miki tomorrow.  Hopefully all goes normally and all is found to be quite normal! 

David Austin.....I think those are specialty questions for experts.  Especially since it would involve ways and means and laws wherever the property is located.  Your location says USA but you haven't mentioned dollars.  It sounds like looking at the options from all angles is very wise tho. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CO is moving into much colder nights.  Furnace running.  Hoping to have fuel to heat our house this winter.....or go stay with the kids.....ALOHA!   :rolleyes:   A bit concerned about this winter's heating bills. 

I rode today.....very nice sunshine but chilly enough for a coat.  No more riding in shorts and tank top. 

I have been unhappy about my fatigue levels lately.  Am I doing so much?  :0327:    THEN DH reminded me:  MS Fall Fatigue Thing.  Oh Drat!  I'd forgotten all about that.  I think it hit me last week.  :sigh:   Well, we are nearly at the end of October.  

MtRider  .....some days I do wonder what happened to my memory???????   :o 

• Like 4