MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

I hope you can avoid the computer issues, Annarchy.  Don't people have better things to do in life than mess up the lives [and computers] of others???  {rhetorical question, of course:mad: 

DH was up and about a little more today....but is back to feeling rotten now this evening.  That's not unusual.  However, I've been feeling very wiped out-fatigue-uneasy since yesterday.  This morning I was having some bronchial tightness.  :runcirclsmiley2: Bronchial......my weakest link!  ...But...but I'm not scheduled to get sick for another 7 or 8 years!!!  My record shows I get sick, then get bronchitis every 9 to 11 years.  :tapfoot:  Used the percussion tool to thump my chest area .....loosen any crud that thinks it's found a home there!!!  But I'm still so very wiped out - fatigued. 

DH and I are eating everything with garlic and ginger.  Apples, oranges, onions, bananas, mushrooms, peppers too.  All the other herbal/nutritional stuff.  C and D3 and zinc and .....   Been doing all that since 2020. 

Well, we're both resting.  That's another cure.  My poor mom had to try for 3 days to get a taxi to get to the grocery.  We're helpless to help her right now.  But she finally got it done.  She's been stocked with the long term but needed bread, milk, etc. 

.....and the 3" of snow from yesterday is gonna hafta just melt.  Neither of us can risk going out and exerting that kind of energy.  :0327: 

MtRider  ..... :pray:   that I'm ok to ride Monday.  Need the input!!  

• Like 3

Mt_Rider, I saw a recipe… grapefruit & lemon peals, bring to boil, then simmer for an hour or so, with a tight lid.  Let cool completely before removing the lid.  It is the actual ingredients in hydroxychloroquine.  Even tho everyone (news) says it doesn’t work…. When we get feeling, the crud… too many customers in & out, colds, flu, whatever, I make a pint or two, frig it in canning jars & we drink a swig or two a couple times a day.  Hoopla, on the net & news, says it doesn’t work, but, we’ve noticed our health improve almost within the day.  Three to four days later, we don’t remember feeling ill.  

Oh, Jeepers… FYI, Microsoft just updated their spell check, to be more ‘woke’… so if you type anything like “mankind” it will change it to “humankind”…..  :sigh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was having laptop issues a couple of days ago. Any key I hit would kick me off of the site. Either that or the Microsoft Edge screen would pop up. Sometimes the screen would just go blank. Even off line I couldn't type anything. The next morning It was back to normal. They keep trying to get me to go to Microsoft 11. Everything is going woke these days. I hate to hear about so many companies going down that route. Carhart was the latest one I heard about. 

Hope you get more energy back Mt. Rider. I haven't been sick but not really well either. I'm so tired all the time. I force myself to try to stay active by doing a little shopping and running errands but its a chore to do. If I'm out in the store more than 20 minutes my back, knee, hip and ankle starts hurting really badly. I can only imagine what I look like walking. Plus I'm not sleeping at all. I seemed to have developed a lot of acid in my stomach. Sometimes it startles me awake burning my throat like...acid. I asked the pharmacist about it, bless him, and he recommended Tums and Prilosec.  I got the generic Prilosec as it was the same ingredients and dosage for a whole lot less. We'll see. I always forget to ask the pharmacist questions. He was happy to help.  I've also been having leg/foot cramps. Those cramps in the calf (charlie horse) are murder. Dang they hurt and burn like crazy. All I can do is hold it, cuss and wait it out. I said some words I didn't even know the meaning of. Another perk of living alone. I can let er rip. I don't smoke or drink but I can cuss like a sailor. Hummm, wonder if that's politically incorrect to say these days? Too bad if it is. Wow those hurt like a #$%&@+.  I've also noticed I've become a mouth breather lately. Not good with all the crud out there. Even with a mask on.

My phone system is out again. I have a couple of bills due and now I can't pay by phone. So I wrote a check. It was in the wee hours of the morning so I decided to take a little nap until the sun came up before going to the post office drop box. Long story short, I can't find them anywhere. I have a small clear plastic makeup bag that I keep my checkbook, register, stamps, address labels, charge card for online purchases and a pen in. It is missing too. I don't get it. None of the stuff including me, has left this bed. I'm assuming I'll find them. Where in the world could they have gone. :sigh:

• Sad 4
6 hours ago, Annarchy said:

grapefruit & lemon peals, bring to boil, then simmer for an hour or so, with a tight lid.  Let cool completely before removing the lid.  It is the actual ingredients in hydroxychloroquine.

Wow!  That would be worth a try!  Not that we have any grapefruit or lemon peels right now.  DH does have the quercetin [not sure of spelling] and has been taking some of that.  But I'll definitely keep it in mind.  He had a rough time this evening.  His nose, etc kept drying out and felt like he couldn't breathe.  I set the humidifier on high in the main bedroom.  [he and dog are using that room but not me....I'm staying away!  ]  Hope it will keep our arid air more comfortable for him tonite.  Needs good rest and sleep. 

Thinking of that, I think I'll tiptoe in and refill the tank.  It uses a lot of water when it's on high.  We're really dry cuz furnace is running in this cold spell.  Dried out sinus, etc never helps a cold or flu or whatever he has. 

Also went to basement to get some licorice for him.  [I detest the black stuff but had one too.  Some element in there  [starts with a 'g' ]  is supposed to  keep the C virus from replicating.  :shrug:   Plus, it kept his mouth/throat moist...for a while.  He was very uncomfortable for a hour and then...either it passed or the air got less arid or....  Anyway, he was feeling much better....breathing well and went to sleep. 

I've been mixing a rather strong bit of raw, grated ginger [in the jars....not fresh from root]  :knary:  And lemon juice.  And honey to make it taste good.  I add some hot water to melt the honey.  I use a spoon to pour it further back toward the back of my throat if it's feeling raw or throat glands feel swollen.  I've done that the past couple nights cuz I'm probably on the verge of catching IT.  Whatever 'IT' is. 

:blink:  ........So here I am typing this and all of the sudden I heard such a CLATTER*BANG* :twister3: * THUMPITY*BUMP....that I sprang to the door to see WHAT was the matter.  [no, it wasn't Santa Claus! ]      I bolted out of one bedroom and a black dog, barely discernible in the dark, rushed out of the main bedroom and past me.  I grabbed the spot light and directed it at the ceiling of that bedroom.  "What happened?" I'm asking DH who's peering over the edge of the bed.  Then HappyDog scootles back in the room and leaps up on the bed! 

:lol:  He says:  "She fell off the bed!"  What?  Indeed, she fell off the side with books stacked ....now scattered.  Waste basket overturned.  ....and the alarm clock on the floor is talking to us.  It's quite a narrow fit down in that hole so most of the scrabbling I heard was her trying to get outta there.  Our poor goofy darling wanted a lot of :wub: for a while.  I was trying not to laugh at her but sheeeesh!  We've got a 3 yr old still falling out of a great big bed, for pete's sake!  She loves it when I evacuate in the case where  either I'm sick or DH is and we don't want to pass things along.  Her 70# self takes up 3/4th of the bed!  :rolleyes:  

Okay, likely those two are asleep again already and I need to follow their excellent example. 

MtRider  ..... :offtobed: 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

P.S.  Annarchy?  Do you know if the grapefruit and lemon peels have to be fresh?  Or could they be dehydrated for later use?

Dr. MtRider needs to know.  :sSig_thankyou:

Fresh… :sigh:  I use 2 lemons to one grapefruit in about 2-4 cups of water…(I cheat by using the pressure cooker, just to steaming, quickly turn the fire off,   two times.  I don’t have any other tight fitting lids.)

Had to get a bag of lemons, this time, they didn’t have any singles.  But, within 3 days, a couple were beginning to mold…. Quality control isn’t what it used to be.  So, they turned into fresh lemon juice.  

A friend sent the link to me, in 2021, I tried to find the post again, but it seems it’s no longer there, but, I did keep a screen shot of part of the article.  Quinine… :ph34r:

7EB83BD8-4D52-4BFF-A7D8-25BFD6AA10FC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wonder how long you can store the "tea" from the lemon and grapefruit in the fridge?  I would probably use it fairly quickly anyhow.

Will do a video shortly as it is 19 degrees outside. Brrr
Sunday School and Church.
Walk dogs since it should warm up to 55 degrees today.
Try again to get the driver to install for the Rollo thermal printer. It just doesn't want to finish installing.
Staying home and resting for most of the day.

• Like 1

We got another 9 inches of snow over night with 2-3 more to go. Highs in the teens and lows in the single digits.  :frozen:  We got 14 inches last week. I might get another Jeep full of wood this week. I'm just hoping the power stays on. It usually does. Usually. 

I found the bills that I made out yesterday. They had fallen on the floor. On the other side of the bed.  I can't imagine how that happened. My queen size bed was loaded down with stuff and I was clear on the other side. Must have been one heck of a nap I was having. 

I'll probably mostly stay put today. Next time I'm out I want to pick up a spare heating pad. This one has been a lifesaver and my BFF. If my feet are warm then the rest of me stays comfortable with a blanket. Plus it's easing my back pain. If it goes out I'm skrewed.

I'm hoping they empty the recycle bin soon. I've got 6 grocery bags full of paper I'm carrying around. And probably that many more in the house. Somehow we lost 4 bin sites (8 bins) since last summer. I'm willing to do my part. Just give me the tools. :pout:

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend and stays safe and warm.

• Like 5

While, off here for a few days and lots to catch up on already. Haven't caught up from last time yet. 

Mt. Rider, hope things get better for you, and you can ride on Monday. Hope DH is better as well.  Poor happy dog. I think he was scared dog for a couple of minutes.

Jeepers, that is a lot of snow.  We got 5 or 6 inches. That was more than enough for me. I just couldn't get out and shovel all that snow. 

Annarchy, I thought I saw where you weren't feeling well. Hope you are ok also.

I have been cleaning up as much cement dust and sawdust as I can while they are not here working. Trying to keep it down as much as possible. And yes, went through this about 2 years ago with the driveway and walkway but the dust was outside, till they had to open the garage door to break out the driveway at door. What a mess then also. 

This time I have 4 rooms full of boxes and stuff from the rooms they are working on. I have a path to some places, but it is bad. House is starting to look like a horder's house with boxes and stuff everywhere. I still have to get the pots and pans out of the kitchen cabinet before they start that job. Don't know where I will put them. But will figure it out. They hopefully will have the small bathroom finished by end of the week. They have to just finish the electrical and then they can dry wall. from there the tiling and floor starts.   They started taking paneling down in den and now have the face of the fireplace down. That was a joke. It took 2 of them to hold it up so the 3ed person could get the mantle off. They still had to hold up in places as they took that marble off one piece at a time. It wanted to all just fall down on them. The 3 ft long marble was so heavy, it took 2 men to get it out of house. Now I know why the seat part of the fireplace cracked. The brick under it was not cemented in or nothing just brick laid in there with a marble seat on top. I now have 120 like new brick that I can use for a firepit or raised bed.  They stacked it up outside for me. I can't lift the marble so that they will be carting off for trash. No wonder this house has settled like it did. He said they removed over a thousand pounds from the small bathroom. It will be more than that when they start removing everything from main bathroom. And the marble on fireplace weighed a ton. I couldn't lift the smaller pieces that were about the size of 2 bricks side by side. All this should be finished in April but am hoping it will be sooner than that. 

Church was closed today do to snow. Haven't been back to stores yet, so hoping they are stocked up again. 

• Like 4

So…definitely just sinus headaches from it being so dry. I’ll pick up a small humidifier for my office tomorrow on my way in. 

my weighted blanket came in this weekend. Used it last night - I think I’m in love. I didn’t overheat, I didn’t freeze, and I slept.

• Like 5

TheCG,  Hope it is just sinus and you get over it fast. Seems air is dryer than normal lately.

I am living in sawdust, and cement dust.  Whole house has a layer of dust on it. Keeping as many doors closed as I can to keep as much dust out as possible.  They will be back at 7 am tomorrow. They almost have the small bathroom ready to tile. Can't wait to see how that will look. Linen closet is framed out in small bathroom now, so just needs to sheetrock it. More storage in both bathrooms will be great and much needed. :hapydancsmil: The den now has the sheetrock on it, and they have started mudding it. Still some work to do around the fireplace before they can start on that. But the whole face of fireplace is gone now. There was more water damage around the fireplace than I thought, but not too bad.  They should be coming tomorrow to make the template for the countertop in kitchen.  Living here in this mess is something else. Living room is piled up with all the stuff from kitchen and den and nowhere to sit in there. I do have the spare bedroom, but not comfortable to sit in there in bed all day. Tomorrow will be fun just trying to find a place to hide while they work to just sit and read. All I can say is that I will be so happy when it is all done, and I can put house back together again. 

Hope everyone is feeling better and doing well. Snow here is still melting but roads are clear, and stores are part way stocked again. At least they had bread and milk this time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Littlesister, it sounds like they are moving along pretty fast. Especially in this day and age. You are gonna love it when they are finished. Definitely worth the temporary hassle you are going through right now!  :dusting:

• Thanks 1

They had a full crew here today. Both bathroom and den is moving along. Once the small bathroom is done and I can use that bathroom, they will start on the main bathroom. cement dust. That is the worse. 4 inches to remove from floor and hoping it won't be 4 inches on the walls behind the tile. I have watched the shows of them gutting bathrooms, but they never show the mess it makes. I will be so busy when they are done. Washing curtains, windows, dusting and putting everything away again. My dining room and living room are piled up with stuff from kitchen, both bathrooms, and bedroom. Not to mention the pictures from walls, etc. The den looks so much bigger, it is unreal. Even the ceiling looks taller. And I have 8 ft. ceilings. But it looks like it added more hight to it. Paneling sure does close in a room.

• Like 4

I had a wonderful day riding.  Sunny, crisp breeze so I was dressed warm.  Not much snow on the ground....no slipping.  I went with a big family group of about a dozen.  All friendly.  We compared temperature here today with their Louisiana..... We were warmer in CO, oddly enough!  Told them my friend Miki in Mississippi has been colder too. 

Had to direct the Sr Transportation driver back down half our driveway when he picked me up....or tried to.  Cuz that's all the further he could get.  We haven't shoveled any of the 5" snowfall....cuz DH is sick and I dropped into heavy fatigue after being with my mom for 5 days.  I'd intended to get out there and walk down to meet driver but...was too late.  Driver was not familiar with backing that big van in SLIPPERY snow on a steep hill with curves.  So I talked him down....walking beside his drivers window.  I KNOW this driveway after all these years!  Told him to let me out on the road when he took me home.  He felt bad but I convinced him that even I might not be able to get that sissy van up our driveway.  The drop-off on one side isn't making any favored points with anyone either.  :blink:  Called our snowplow guy for the first time this year....he'll come after we get snow AGAIN on Tues/Wed.  Cuz neither DH or I is going to use a shovel much right now.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Then.....the evening was not so good.  DH is still sick.  Every evening he spikes a fever and sinus gets dried out and he can't breathe right.  If he opens the back door and cools off, then he can breathe again.  I can see he gets a bit panicky.  Lack of O2 can do that to you!!!!!!  :wacko:  It causes trouble for about an hour ....then he's worn out and goes to sleep.  He's gotten good sleep tho.  

Then....my dad had a bad day.  {other thread in Streams}

MtRider  :pray: 

• Sad 2

Praying for all of you, now!  Glad you had a good ride!

Did a video again this morning.
Washed my butcher's gloves--got my deer meat all cut and frozen yesterday.
Figured out how to adjust my glasses.
Made and have 7 quarts of Buffalo Chicken Chili in the PC now.
Done for the day!

• Thanks 1

Uh, let's see what did I today. Checked my student loan account since applying for temporary student loan forgiveness. I have a $0 balance. Can't believe it! I had to be really quiet about it as my boss doesn't like the idea of the forgiveness plan. Gees, I have only worked 20+ years in public service. Honestly I do believe in being responsible and paying off debt and what you owe, but I qualified and really didn't think I would. I tried years ago and was denied. Waiting on my letter in the mail for official confirmation, but I'm super excited. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Snowed 4" today so I've got snowplow guy coming tomorrow morning.....first time plowing driveway this winter.  :o  Walked the trash bag [on a sled] down driveway to road. 

Had telephone conference with Bro and Mom and I.  Trying to make medical choices that we're not fully informed about.  We have some anxiety that he might not be "suitable" for his current care home.  Hope we're reading too much into this.  :shrug:  We'll see.

DH is still sick and watching his O2 and heart beats on the oxy-pulse meter today, he decided we'll go tomorrow to get Coid test.  Doubt he'd be able to return to work without it.  AND we'll hopefully make our way to my mom's porch.  NOT getting near her....Covi or not.  But my folks have two portable O2 consentraters.  Asked my mom if DH could use one.  She keeps one cuz she may need it.  But DH feels he'll heal faster if his O2 saturation rate is higher.  Yeah....higher than 86-92%.  DON'T panic.  88% is really the lower range of acceptable AT OUR ALTITUDE.  But the low 90's are better.  95-97% is great......we produce more red blood cells to compensate our low O2 density. 

Anyway, he's borderline O2 and heart rate goes faster to try to shove that O2 around.  His heart does not need extra work. 

It seems bizarre to me that I'm not sick.....  :scratchhead:    :amen:  

Pray our snowplow guy is safe....ice under the snow.   :blink: 

Pray DH and I will have energy to get into town ....and we find the C tests......AND THE ANSWER IS ACCURATE!!!  :buttercup:  

Pray DH will get well.....and maybe we don't have Covd.  Some immunity might be nice tho..... 

Pray for my dad's entire situation cuz it could get complicated........he just wants to go Home.  :(

Pray that our family can come up with a plan to get us three from Colorado back to Iowa for the eventual burial....without undue physical strain.  :scratchhead: 

MtRider  ....thank you all for your prayers.  God will show us what we need to know/do....  :amen: 

Mt. Rider, have been praying for your family and will continue to do so. Too many things going on all at once. :hug3:

Hope your DH can find a test. There are signs posted everywhere up here that they are out of them. I guess they are tired of people asking the same question over and over. Do they still have the walk in testing sites? Or were they drive in sites? 

I plan to go down to Lehman's today. I'm going for a spare set of Berkey water filters and some kid size gardening tools. Maybe some bulk noodles. We'll see. 

• Like 1

DH is having a lot of issues with his foot.   He went to Dr. yesterday and has to go back in 2 weeks.   

For the last few weeks/months I keep smelling overcooked vanilla everywhere I go.  I thought it was something in the house at first so I got some of those scented plug ins.  Turns out it is me.  I'm the only one that smells it and it is in every place I go.  I am also getting daily migraines.   I've had them all my life but even at the worst it was only 2-3 a week.  Its been down to every other month or so the last few years then since the accident it is every day.  

I'm going to make stroganoff tonight.   I put the pot I'm making it in on the kitchen island and filled it with all the shelf ingredients that I'll need and the recipe card.  I'm hoping that helps me remember to start it early enough since it takes about 2.5-3hours to make.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had to stop a minute to post.
Did video.
Cleaned bathrooms.
Dusted house.
Got ham in the oven.
Paid electric bill.
Still have to walk dogs.
Put yesterday's chili away.
Soak lima beans to cook tomorrow.
Package the ham and put away.
Prayer meeting at 6:30
Busier day!

10 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Pray our snowplow guy is safe....ice under the snow.   :blink: 

Pray DH and I will have energy to get into town ....and we find the C tests......AND THE ANSWER IS ACCURATE!!!  :buttercup:  

Pray DH will get well.....and maybe we don't have Covd.  Some immunity might be nice tho..... 

Pray for my dad's entire situation cuz it could get complicated........he just wants to go Home.  :(

Pray that our family can come up with a plan to get us three from Colorado back to Iowa for the eventual burial....without undue physical strain.  :scratchhead: 

Praying for everything going on in your lives!

3 hours ago, euphrasyne said:

I'm the only one that smells it and it is in every place I go.  I am also getting daily migraines. 

Wonder if that is concussion related or maybe to do with covd?

• Thanks 1

Euphrasyne, that smelling issue is a real medical thing! A long time ago I was watching a woman on Youtube who had the same thing. She wasn't involved in an accident, as I remember. But sometimes she would smell garbage. It was horrible for her as you could imagine. She was the only one who smelled it and it gave her migraines at the time it was happening. It was very debilitating for her. There was a medical name for it but I don't recall what she said it was. For her it would come and go.   :hug3:

• Like 2

Mt. Rider, I have been praying for your dad and your whole family. I know this is hard on all of you, but the Lord is with you.  He will give you and your mom the strength you need to get through this.  Glad your horseback riding went well. Praying for your DH's back to get better as well. 

Euphrasyne,  praying for you that those migraines will go away, and the doctors can figure the issues out and get you back on the right track. That smelling issue is weird but have heard of people that that has happened to. Wish I knew what they could do for that. 

The CG,  Hoping your sinus issues are doing better now.

Today would have been mine and Dh's 27th anniversary. Been a very sad day for me. But with construction going on, it did keep my mind off of things. I miss him so much. But I do feel his presence every so often. I think that does help. 

I have coughed so much from this dust all over the house. I keep trying to keep it down but not easy with stuff all over the place. I will be glad when this is finished, and I can get things back together again. I will have so much to go through.  Got the recliner chair on street to be picked up and sold the couch and glider rocker. They just have to get the truck to pick it up. Hoping that will happen tomorrow. The small bathroom and den are coming together now. They should start tiling the bathroom next week and are getting ready to put new floor and lights in den. I think they plan on painting before the floor goes in but not sure. So much is going on so fast now. So, hoping it will be less than 4 months. Still have to get countertop and sink in and the main bathroom hasn't been started yet. That won't start till the small bathroom is done. Still working on the fireplace. They are almost ready to get the facing and mantle ready to go on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1