MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

<snip>

Oh...she came to the computer just a minute ago, and when she sat down to put her head on my arm...she "dusted" (we call it tweeting) :24: Flatulina fairy at work!

Lol. Grrr does that early in the mornings, when we go out to watch the sun rise. :D

MIL had stuffed bell peppers for our dinner then she/we watched Law & Order episodes the rest of the evening.

I need to check my truck in the morning to see if all is OK. It made some "clunking" noises in Lordsburg after gassing up. Might be the struts or just the lift kits springs settling in. IDK. Left me slightly unnerved getting back on I-10. We had some work done and I need to check to make sure the work they did hasn't failed. Yuck.

Homesteader, I hope you're move is swift and safe. And you are able to come back here quickly to let us know how things are going. :pray:

Time to get some sleep.

I hope all is well with your truck. I think I heard my breaks squeak yesterday. Sigh. I'll have to wait in the lobby to get stuff fixed now because I don't have a ride home. I hate car trouble.

I just got the yard mowed...again and called son to wish him a happy birthday. His dad is there visiting the baby. Hope he buys him some diapers. My charge card is screaming. That kid is a real poop machine. Hee-Hee. J/K

P.S.

I mean diapers for Jr. not Sr. :icon19:

Hung out with my Abby-girl and watched some youtube stuff. Then over to the Homestead to ...yes...pick more Okra. We'll check tomorrow to see which three we want to let grow for seed. Once they got started they really produced. We bought the seed from Baker Creek. Pulled the squash plants, the squash bugs killed all the vines. Had two squash I brouht home, had to throw 2 away. Picked a basket full of green tomatoes so I'll jar up some more green salsa. I still have onions to go with them. I'll be pulling all the frozen Okra (maybe Sunday?) and get it jarred up. The Eggplant is looking good...for right now, and the bell peppers are doing good.

Thanks Jeepers. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to be driving fine.

Pulled tons of bull head weeds and cleared her asparagus patch of grass-again.

She wants to go see "Storks" in 3D today and then nothing else is planned yet.

Had to get a bar of Neutrogena 'cause my allergies are making me itch all over. Perfumes, Swiffer, and mothballs. Mmmmm, what a combo. Lol.

Hope your harvest keeps going WE2. :D

It's been a sort of stuff hitting the fan couple of days. The water heater's "brain" (yeah, it's one of those new ones that doesn't use a thermal couple etc.) threw in the towel night before last sometime, so we have no hot water. It's auto ignition and the pilot will light but won't stay on. The BIG problem is we can't find a control box replacement! Lowe's nor Menard's carries them and the ones on Ebay etc., are nearly $200 without shipping :-( So, my kitchen is a mess right now. Had to move everything out of the way (the water heater is in a corner behind a portable lattice wall) including the microwave chest/cabinetry. So, I've got my hot pot plugge in and pour hot water into my sink & add cool to wash dishes. Put portable shower into bathtub with a small plastic stool to sit on, and will just add warm water (it holds 5 gallons) for us to take a shower....until we can locate the part. A new water heater will cost an arm and a leg and an on-demand will really cost a bundle (which is what we wanted to do eventually at the homestead house).

ps...so what did we do after we made some provisions for no hot water? I boiled myself a strong cup of chammomile tea and MrWE2 went for pizza for supper :thumbs:

Edited by The WE2's

DS had caught a cold last week, so Friday evening DH came down with it, Saturday morning, DD and I came down with it. Boo. So much work to do. It's supposed to rain Monday and we have ten varieties of beans to pick. Eight are to be saved for seed and two are 3 50' beds and 2 50' beds. The popcorn is ready to pick too. DS has been working on it as he has time between his job and and his cold.

Low temps for the next few days are supposed to be 46 and 44. Also need to pick okra, tomatoes and maybe some peppers.

Hope y'all get over your colds, Daylily.

I had a weird thing happen this morning. Some of you who attended the gathering at Darlene's a few times ago might remember my episode with my legs "giving out". Specifically, sometimes they just go "numb" neurologically. I cannot "find them" to move them. It's within my MS "normal" and will go away with rest. But until the legs "come back" ....I am essentially paraplegic. Not really cuz I can feel touch on my legs and all....but they will not move. This happens now and then. Not often.

This morning it happened to my right arm. OK, that's never happened. At first I thot it was just numb from me laying on it. But no painful tingle so I finally concluded that it was an episode of what happens to my legs. :shrug: 'Nother one for the books, I guess. Anyway, gradually I was able to use my fingers with great concentration. I could move my arm around with my left hand....it wasn't locked in place. Limp. Moves just fine if I place it with the other hand. :shakinghead: DH works today and had to leave early. Making breakfast with left [not my dominate hand] hand was challenging. I was able to kinda use the right hand to hold things but the arm wouldn't respond to position the hand....so usefulness was limited. It helped in cracking the eggs tho. LOL Sheesh, I have cracked eggs one-handed but....not with my left hand! :grinning-smiley-044:

DH adjusted my back to relieve any spinal cord tension, but then had to run to work. There is no pain.... :cheer: After a 5 hr headache :imoksmiley: yesterday, that's GOOD! Gradually, I'm able to use it more. I AM typing with both hands ....but the right hand it a little slumped onto the keyboard. Arm is now moving but it takes great focus to lift it. Right hand and arm feel heavy and very tired from the little motion they have done.

I hope this doesn't happen very often....... :unsure:

Goooood news....our Internet usage is down from 93.8% .....to 83.6% today. :cele: That's getting out of the danger-of-getting-unplugged range. Normally we're in the 70's somewhere. So I'm able to be on more.

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

MR, I hope that doesn't happen very often either!

Well, I got four of the eight seed bean varieties picked. It's not supposed to rain until after 11 am tomorrow so maybe I can pick more in the morning. I'm so tired now. Dd and DH both helped me at different times. DS still picking and shucking popcorn.

Thanks. My arm is pretty much normal again. Still feels a little....vague... in it's connection to my brain. [not sure if that explains it well] But it's been a rough couple days with the headache and this. LOL, Jeepers. Y'know....even tho I have MS...I could have a stroke too. But I never really consider it. I get so many weirdo things with MS, I'd never think of more common causes. Guess there is good and bad in that. :shrug:

Except feeding critters tonite/walking dog, I spent most of the day re-reading Anne of Green Gables series of books. About to start Anne of Windy Poplars. Managed to throw a big turkey breast into the oven. Beginning to smell it now. Be done when DH gets home later tonite.

MtRider :reading:

Edited by Mt_Rider

:hi:

Home safe. Roads were actually less congested than I expected. Winds were a bear. MIL warned me before I left, up to 75 mph was predicted by the morning news.

Today, I am recovering from the drive. "Arthur-bite-us" is making me ache, yuck, but it is what it is and I have a lot to do today on my 'never-ending' to do list.

Daylily, hope you all are feeling better. Mt_Rider, hoping you feel better soon too.. :pray:

We need to replace our water heater too, WE2 . It making way too much noise when it heats. :shakinghead:

Time to get going. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

We sure got blessed :cele: MrWE2 called the manufacturer to see if he could find the part through them, and they transferred him to tech, and the lady knew her stuff :cele: She told him it probably just needed to be re-set and how to do it. He did it and the water heater fired right up when he turned it from piilot to the hot setting. That little gal saved us at least $200 :hapydancsmil: . We moved everything back to it's rightful place and I just finished jarring up four more pints of green tomatoes and onions. Heard all four of them sing their song.

Yesterday we went out for breakfast and then went to the homestead and worked on the upstairs apartment again, stripped out the remaining carpet in the livingroom and sorted through "stuff" in the bedroom. When we get it emptie, we strip the carpet from it also. The trash pickup here won't pick up the remnants even though we cut them in 3' strips and bagged them in contractor bags, so...we'll have to take them a few at a time to the Roost. They're really good about picking up "whatever" in that little town. The city here also notified everybody that beginning Nov 1st we'll only have pickup once a week. Ours will be midweek. Guess they're reducing employees (by not replacing those who retire) by attrition, as well as gasoline for the trucks.

Woohoo, WE2's on the water heater tech gal! Wasn't it nice that she was willing to reveal the tech secrets and save time, money and hassle!

I'm feeling mostly normal today. Got bad muscle spasms in my hand last night which is undoubtedly related to the numb incident. We'll see how it goes on.

Glad you're home safe, Annarchy. Aren't winds so difficult to drive in? Then you get all tightened up and OW! :(

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Way to go on your water heater! :cele:

Son and his dad got his dryer working again. Turned out it wasn't a belt issue after all. There is a dead spot in the motor which is normal but when the dryer stopped the last time they used it, it just happened to stop there. They spun the dryer tub thingy by hand once and it took right off.

Appliances - 0 We2 and Son - 2

:woohoo: :woohoo:

It's such a gorgeous day here today. I took 3 bags of trash away and emptied my paper recycle box.

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a little shelf stand thing for my dish cabinet. Hopefully it will fit in there so I can stack some of the different size dishes neatly. If not, I'll return it. Actually, it's supposed to lie down and you stack lids in it or baking pans. I'm going to try to use it upright. Another wild idea that will probably go awry.

The Dairy Queen was on the way so I dropped in for some deep fried mushrooms for lunch. I don't get them very often but when I do I really savor them. The ranch dipping sauce really tops it off.

Ugh. The guy from India just called telling me how bad my Mac computer was infected. I never had a Mac. Sigh. He got the whistle.

Not doing much today. We went to bed at 9 pm last night and I coughed until midnight, then DH took over and coughed until about 2 am. I stated coughing about 3 am but came downstairs so I wouldn't wake him up. I was just falling asleep about 6:30 when he came downstairs. :sigh: Got to figure out some good natural remedies for a dry cough.

Not doing much today. We went to bed at 9 pm last night and I coughed until midnight, then DH took over and coughed until about 2 am. I stated coughing about 3 am but came downstairs so I wouldn't wake him up. I was just falling asleep about 6:30 when he came downstairs. :sigh: Got to figure out some good natural remedies for a dry cough.

If you crochet; chain stitch a "necklace" that will hang around your neck, and just below your chin, then double crochet a little "basket" to that chain and spritz it with eucalyptus, peppermint, or another aromatic essential oil. Lavender is also a very soothing essential oil. You'll breath a lot easier, and if you need to, just put the little "cup" over your nose for a second or two...:-) Also, I have two little wax warmers that you put T-lights in the bottom and a fragrance cube in the cup. I love eucalyptis and some chammomile essential oil drops added to a tablespoon of liquid coconut oil.

Edited by The WE2's

Jarred up 9 pints of Okra, baked a loaf of bread (added ground flax seed to this loaf) and got the whites laundered today. Still got some canning stuff I need to wash up in the morning though. Just ran out of steam :-) Got the important stuff washed, dried and put away though...water bath pot etc.

Just a note to share...I started taking Potassium tablets along with my cal/mag, vit.C, and other daily vitamins and I can't believe the difference the Potassium has made in my life! So much more energy! Thought I only needed it for night time leg cramps but found out that not only am I feeling so much more energetic but my hands aren't still and painful when I wake up in the morning. Figure? If it's working for me, I ain't changin' it!

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Daylily. I've had the sneezes for 3 days. I do NOT want a cold, I have way too much to do.

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping. When we got to the meat department, DH picked up an advertisement flyer from another store that was sitting on the meats and pointed out they had chuck roast for $1.77/lb. WM's price was over $5/lb. We were able to get 4 roasts for the advertised price. Totally blew my budget, but it was so worth it to be able to get some extra meat in the house. When we got home, we realized the dates on the sale flyer didn't start until today!?! Oops, at least they priced matched it anyway. What a BLESSING!!!

Learned how, not, to use the food saver, lol, and how it works. Skimping on the bag size was the wrong way to do it. Lesson learned. And, while we were at the store, they had the same FS, that DH got me, for $170. Another blessing realized.

Today, I am still trying to catch up on my ToDo list from being gone. Boiling up some eggs, to use some up. Need to mail off MIL's Birthday present, but I'll wait until after the lunch hour rush. Finishing laundry, putting away dry goods, and trying to see if I have time to de-clutter a little.

DH is on his final day of inspections for his customer. We were planning to go kayaking, but the weather is supposed to stay breezy and windy for the rest of the week. I don't care to be blown all over the lake and fight the wind, to try to get to where I want to fish. Hopefully, we'll be able to go sometime next week.

Time to get back at it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.