MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Waiting....waiting....waiting more......   For more of DH's meds.....and while the part for the O2 concentrater came today.....  :gaah:   I ordered the wrong size.  So I hurried to send it back while HELPFUL lady from company got permission for that return.  It was in my house for an hour....while talking to the company.  She sent in the order for the correct size part for our machine as we talked.  Then I zipped into the village to Post Office.  I arrived back at our house JUST as the snow began to fall.  And did it POUR DOWN!  Three inches in less than an hour.  This was why I popped that box into the P.O. quickly!  Cuz we're set for 2+ days of snow.  :groooansmileyf:  Lot of the last snow melted...didn't call snowplow guy.  Will for this one....not sure how much we are getting.  

DH has not been feeling well since the meds ran out.  Obviously he needs another round.  :fever:    Shipment to the pharmacy was delayed from Fri to Monday. So they're shipping out to us and will arrive maybe tomorrow....{can they get it here by UPS?}  Or Thurs.....when snowplow guy does our driveway.  DH is not taking this set-back well.  Thot he was on the mend and now...night sweats and nasal congestion.....again.  BUT his O2 Saturation numbers are back to normal.  

:motz_6:  Good thing since we didn't order the right part for the O2 machine...  :banghead:

I tell ya........this has been UPHILL and convoluted twists and turns.....  :0327:     I'm so tired, I keep thinking I'm getting the plague.  But I feel fine right now.  :scratchhead:  

MtRider  ...gotta go call my mom.....who's probably bored without us coming in to party with her.  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I sure hope you two can get back to "normal" soon, Mt Rider!  It's been a long road!

Good morning!
Walked first, fed dogs and will walk them next as it will be wet, cold, windy for a few days going forward.
Inside chores rest of day--cut carrots for dog treats and cut sweet potatoes to make dog treats.
Probably do ebay photos later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TheCG,  stay safe, I saw on news where weather was going to be bad all through the middle states up to New York.  And for everyone else in path of the storm stay safe and keep warm. 

Mt. Rider, I hope the meds get to you soon.  I thought your DH was on the mend. So, praying the second round of meds clears him up from this virus. Praying you don't come down with it. 

Painters were here again today. they will be here half a day tomorrow to finish up the painting in bedroom and bath. They are ready to start tiling now. I think they will be putting in the new floor in den, kitchen and foyer soon. I let the owner pick the color for the bathroom and bedroom and it turned out really good. It's a real light gray, but when the light hits it, it's a pretty shade of blue. And that is before the second coat. That gets done tomorrow.   Thinking I will have a full crew here tomorrow. 

They painted the back of the built-in bookcase in den white. I got the shelves back in this evening and things really show up now instead of blending in with the oak color back. Going to be a lot brighter and so much better in the den and kitchen. Never has been a bright room with all that paneling. Glad it is all gone now. Should have done this years ago. 

Chimney passed inspection for the wood stove. I do need a new cap though. That's why all the rain kept coming in. So now I have a printout of everything. Chimney is cleaned out and ready to go.  

Now I need to sit down and figure out how to get pictures from phone to computer. Never done it before, but one of the kids will talk me through it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and got the shock of my life. I couldn't believe how empty the shelves were. I mean seriously shocked. I took some pictures but who knows where they are. If I find them I'll post them. I kept thinking that if I had little kids at home to feed I'd probably be in a panic right now.  There was one pack of mashed up buns in the bread aisle and the only milk they had was a bout a dozen of the little single size bottles, some pints of butter milk and a few gallons of chocolate drink. That was it.

It's pouring down rain but I went over to Meijers any way. They were only a little bit better supplied. But only a little bit. They did have some milk and a few loaves of bread. though.

I'm cold and wet and exhausted so I'm hitting the sack. Will report more tomorrow if I can find the pictures. :offtobed:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Jeepers....I hope the empty shelves are simply the "hurricane syndrome"...... because this storm is targeting your area and many more states besides.  It's left here now.  Left us with over 6" of snow.  Not bad and makes it worth the $ to have S come with his 4-wheeler to plow us out.  He'll be here tomorrow afternoon.  Been spending $$ on meds and snowplowing and O2 machine parts and.....we haven't even left home for 2 wks.  :blink: 

DH is getting antsy about $$.  Wants to get well and get back to work with the nearby client.  Doesn't want the company to give him to someone else.  It's looking like he's beating this C back again even before the next round of Iver arrives.....{tomorrow, hopefully....give his systems another boost}  

Stay safe y'all...as this thing becomes worse as it travels east. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

• Like 4

Some of the empty shelves were from panic buying because of expected snow I'm sure. But this has been creeping up in my area for quite some time now. And other places from what I've been seeing too. What concerns me is where are they going to get the merchandise to restock? It was bad. There was one whole chicken in the entire poultry bin. And no beef. Only a little pork.  :(

Hope your hubby gets all better soon. I understand about more money going out than coming in. Boy do I understand that one!  Preps have hit me hard the last two months $$$.

I went to the ATM and it kept my card. I tried to use my charge card at Meijer's and it was rejected because it had expired. I knew that. They sent me a new one last week and I activated it online. Sigh. Now I have to go to the bank and we are getting a snow storm. At Wal-Mart there were no carts and I had to go back out in the rain and get one. I'm really tired of incompetence. Neither incident has to do with supply issues. Not earth shattering but I was already grumpy. And it's embarrassing when your card gets rejected. :rolleyes:

• Sad 4

Went to WM.  Most everything was stocked.  Except pasta.  They had 2 packages of angel hair pasta, I took both, it was on my list.  Found everything else on my list. Including 1 case -6- 1/2 gallon jars and 2 cases of pints.  I wanted wide mouth, but they didn’t have any.  Need to can up another 10 lbs of chicken and more bone broth.

Got a call from my baby twin brothers. They are coming down for a wedding in Phx.  They were planning to stop in Lake Havasu at my other brother’s house…but, his plumber caught their house on fire!  Just the shower stall, ceiling and part of the rafters above were damaged.  He said he went in and saw the worker using his garden hose to try to put it out, bro called the fire department and they flooded it.  Sooo… the twins will be here tonight… they left MT at 4am.  

DH suggested basic pepperoni pizza…. I always make too much, so that should work.

Time to get motivated… I have a lot to do, before they get here.

• Like 5

Hope things aren't too bad with this snow. Just stay safe and stay warm.  With ice storms, losing power can be a big issue. 

I have 2 free days this week. They are short 2 people. So, I Went to Spectrum and turned in my TV boxes.  I could not believe that just cutting off cable that I would save $111 a month. They went up on us 4 times last year, we lost channels and then again went up the 1st of Jan. Enough was enough. So, I dropped them.  I get 3 times more channels with the firestick. They were half price before Christmas, only $19. That is a one-time payment. So, I am now getting free TV. Then I went to Kroger for the first time in 2 years. Now I remember one of the reasons I quit going there. I have to go back tomorrow with my ticket Because they charged me full price on 7 items that was on sale. :gaah: I didn't want to have to go back in the morning, but that is a lot of savings I didn't get. Best to stick to my normal stores. Though they did have a couple of things I couldn't find at the other stores. So, might just go there for those things I can't get at other places and not worry with grocery shopping there. They are supposed to put in the new floor in on Saturday. I sure hope so. I am ready for all of this to be done and they still have the main bathroom to do. But the other stuff is coming along, but now is slowing down a bit. They have 2 people out, so they are shorthanded. But it gives me a chance to get some things done. Been cleaning up dust and tomorrow will be mopping floors. They will be taking out the kitchen counter next week, and I will be without a kitchen for 2 days. So bought things to eat that I can put in microwave and just use paper plates and plastic silverware. I would have a way to wash dishes, but this is just easier for that couple of days.

• Like 2

It's cold for our area today.  About 40 for a high and mid 20's tonight. 

Going to do a video in a few minutes.
Hard boil some eggs to add to my pickled beet juice.
Find pork chops in freezer to grill on Sunday.
Make Bell Pepper Casserole.
Going to a Women's Seminar with Church ladies this evening and tomorrow from 8-4. Probably will be awol until Sunday sometime.
Have a good weekend!

• Like 2

Well we sure got hammered with snow. I haven't heard exactly how much but a lot. Then the temp is going down in the minus degrees at night. I'm as prepared for it all as I can be. I usually forget something though. Seems like every time I can't get out to the stores, or they are closed for a holiday, that's when I get a hankering for something.  :008Laughing:

I heard the snow plow guy out there this morning so I can get out of the driveway now. But it's still coming down. Suppose I'll have to do my walkway later on. Ugh. At least I don't have any packages to be delivered for the foreseeable future so I'm not too concerned with the walkway. PffftIt will be melted in a couple of months anyway.  :D

Well h3ll. Just as I was typing that the PO-PO was banging at my door. I can't believe this. It seems the snow plow guy moved all of the snow from my driveway across the street to another neighbors yard and they called the police. I don't blame them. Not only does it block their view when they are pulling out of their driveway but when the city snowplow goes by, it plows that snow right back into their driveway. Crimony. It's just one embarrassment after another. She came out to walk her dog and I apologized profusely. She said it wasn't really my fault. We are good but...crimony. Think God is trying to tell me to get the lead out of my lazy A$$ and get moved already? Between the weeds in my yard in the summer, boxes of grain freezing on my porch in the winter and my snow on the neighbors yard... I'm sure I'm the talk of the neighborhood. And not in a good way.  

I still need to go to the bank and straighten out my credit card info and get my ATM card retrieved.  I wasn't going to go out but since the police car has already mess up the snow in the driveway I might as well go drive on it. Sigh. And now the walkway snow is packed down from heavy feet. My life sucks today. 

My day improved. The snow plow guy came and did my driveway again and removed some of the snow from neighbors yard. That helped smooth over some hurt feelers. I hope. At least she was nice about it. He also shoveled my walkway again. I will tip him for that as it wasn't in our agreement this year. I did appreciate it. We ended up with 11 inches of snow. I just hope it doesn't ice up. And hope I can stay put for awhile now. 

I went to the bank and they activated my credit card and gave me a new ATM card. It still didn't work at the one I usually go to. But it did work at the bank ATM. Credit card worked at the grocery store. Our store looked a lot better than Wal-Mart!  Note to self, if disaster hits, go to the smaller stores first. Less people shopping. I'm not letting my guard down though. I picked up my Lasagna pasta to make sure the card worked. It did.

BTW, the teller said that if the ATM keeps your card it shreds it right there. At least it does up here. That's good to know. 

All's well that ends well. 

Edited by Jeepers
Added Stuff
  • Sad 4

Wow The CG, we got enough snow to make the weeds grow. I am going to have a lot of work to do in flower beds.

Jeepers, we got 4 to 5 inches both times and it melted fast. Hope it melts fast for you as well.  Glad you got your cards straight. That is aggravating to say the least. 

They delivered the flooring today and will be installed tomorrow. They will also be putting in tile as well in bathroom.  Everything for the main bathroom is almost here now. Tub was delivered today. So, all is moving along fast now. Ready for it to be over. Everything in house has a cover of dust. Anyone wanting to visit, I will just give them a dust rag and say have fun.  :laughkick: I can barely get through the living room and the guys that are working on house said they will move the couches from living room to the den for me. Problem is they need to be able to get to it.  

Now I need to figure out how to get pictures from phone to this computer. My old computer decided to quit on me, and this is more like a chrome book. Will be on phone with granddaughter to talk me through it as soon as I get the time. Then I will put pictures on here. :pray: That I can do it.

• Like 3

Sheeeeeesh, Jeepers!  And none of it was your fault but...you've been having some weird and unpleasant events!  Glad it all finally turned out okay.  Yeah....get over to INDY.  You know you want to see you-know-who more often!  :hug3: 

LittleSister...You'll soon be outta this mess and eager to fix everything back the way you want it.  :dusting: 

I guess we'll have to give Miki an "excused absence" for this one, eh?  :lol:   Enjoy the time with the ladies! 

Enjoyed talking to friends on the phone today.  Walked HappyD to the end of the property this evening.  DH drove us to mailbox to send off 2 bills and pick up our mail.  That was his big outing since the day we had to drive in to test for C. 

MtRider  ....tomorrow horse ride.  Hope energy stays up enough for an hour ride. 

• Like 4

So, my little baby twin brothers, came down from Montana, yesterday afternoon.  We had a wonderful visit.  DH’s son came in too, they know him, grew up with him.  I cooked, from scratch, two 16” pepperoni, thin crust pizzas, while they sat outside reminiscing… lol. I basically raised all 3 of them them from birth, my “babies”.   They went out, & ended up meeting some friends, they went to school with, and we had extra company for several hours.

Today, I have been washing bedding, to get the aftershave/perfume out of the house.  I’m extremely allergic to the smell.  Runny eyes & nose.  :yuk:  Love them to death, but, that funk racks my system.  No, I don’t say anything, I don’t want them to be offended….  

Everyone left this morning.  The twins are meeting up with my other brother in Phoenix, the one I visited in Lake Havasu, to go to a friends daughter’s wedding, then they are heading back to MT Monday morning.  While DH’s boy had to go home to take care of his new baby & kids.

I seriously doubt he will visit.  The twins were going to stop there first, but, his plumber caught his house on fire.  He gets a free remodel of their bathroom now..  :o

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, Annarchy said:

:008Laughing:  They are over 6’ tall, and grey haired already. :008Laughing:

The people we raise will always be our baby. My 6 tall, 51 year old son is still my baby. He goes along with it. No choice now.  :008Laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Son refers to 'other' people as "Not The Momma". If they try to tell him what to do or he doesn't agree with them he tells them. "Not the momma." It's a running joke in our family. In other words, the only one gonna boss me around is my momma. Sometimes I tell my D-ex he's "Not The Momma". It's all in fun.  But...

It's understood that I am da momma. :008Laughing:

All 5'1'' of me. I lost an inch. :pout:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The women's seminar I went to over the weekend was inspiring!
Will be going to Sunday School and Church this morning. Maybe out to lunch for a meeting also.
Home to walk dogs.
Grill pork steaks for breakfasts.
Find and thaw blueberries to can--maybe blueberry butter and blueberry custard. Not sure yet.

• Like 3

Went to Church this morning after being closed 2 Sundays in a row for snow. Then went to a friend's house to help her and have lunch with her. She is the one that fractured her back and she has an attic that has been turned into 2 bedrooms, but the steps are steep, and she has to use a walker. So, I helped her to take some things up stairs to be put away and bought some things down for her.  Last thing she needs is to try going up the steps and falling again.  Also have a friend who lost his wife, and this man cannot read or write, seems she didn't teach him how to deal with bills and she had dropped their life insurance as well, without him knowing about it. They have not had much money to live on and was getting food from food ministry. So, I took some money to him to help pay his car insurance and some of his utilities. He is trying to get on his feet and is learning. But some of us from church is trying to help him till he does get back on his feet. It has to be tough on someone that cannot read or write and then plunged into having to deal with how to handle financial situations.  

Miki, I really do wish our church would fully open. We now have Sunday school, but only in the sanctuary. Then Church for one hour. We still have not opened up for Sunday and Wednesday night service. Our church is small and mostly elderly people, very few children now as most of them have grown up now. So that might be why we are not fully open as a few of the members have come down with covid at one point or another. Hoping we will fully open in a few months.  I do miss a lot of the things we used to do at church. But it is what it is. I do understand being careful do to this pandemic. 

Edited by Littlesister
  • Like 3