MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

15 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Today marks one year of DH's passing

Yeah....  :hug3:  LittleSister.  I'm sure it's been a tough year but you've endured this far.  You're still on your feet and participating in life.  And you're taking new steps forward.  Prayers for you on this day.  :pray:  

DH and I can't seem to sleep enough.  Both of us are sleeping but then seem to need a LOT more.  He did 4 hrs work today at the clients house.  Came home and ate and then tried to go nap.  Phone rang 3X.  So I unplugged it.  Got dressed for cold/snow....and took the dog down to the pasture.  She spends most of the time with her nose under the snow...sniffing and tracking the rodents.  By the time she'd made tracks all over , her tongue was hanging half outta her mouth.  I wasn't doing much but walking a few steps in deep snow till she'd scoured everything within leash length....then move to another area.  Then we had to climb the driveway hill...and steps.  :0327:    Exercise!  DH had gotten up by that time but HappyDog was ready for a nap.  LOL 

I slept from 4am to noon ...."last nite" tho none of it was officially night.  :buttercup:  Haven't had nap today.  Had outdoor air and exercise.  I'm looking for a correct sleep schedule tonite. 

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sleep is certainly more important to me as I age.  Keeps my immune system up when I get enough of it.

Got a crock pot of navy beans and ham on.
Cut extra carrots for dog treats.
Walk and see if City Hall has adjusted my bill yet.  They did.
Try making the custard that I never got to last week.
Do a few ebay drafts.
Prune an elderberry bush this afternoon later when it is warmest.

• Like 2

Mt. Rider, I think I am starting to need more sleep. All this construction and me just sitting around because I can't do much in house right now is tiring me out. Painter came today to put the second coat on the trim and finish up with the other painting. He was here all day. I really like the white trim over the stained brown trim. It is so much brighter. I am getting things done in a way so it will work into phase 2 of getting the whole house painted and bedroom and living room floors done. Haven't decided if I want to carpet those rooms or have the hardwood floors sanded and restained. So now I am free till Monday. But don't want to do any canning because of all the dust. Might go off somewhere tomorrow. Maybe visiting or just to walk around the mall and eat lunch out. 

• Like 2

Going to be at work until late tonight...and tomorrow night...then half the day on Saturday.  That's just to record someone who's doing some trainings - we're also starting the actual construction part and working on getting portables cleared out.  Plus they're talking about not hiring a replacement for my assistant.  Plus the person who does our social media is leaving.  Guess what's going to get added into my job description again?  I need to come up with cumulative list and ask them what they DON'T want to get down, 'cause I'm not going to work 60 hours a week every week.

• Sad 6

The CG, sorry to see they are going to make it hard on you again. Hope and pray all work out and you don't start back to be working those 60-hour weeks again. The money is nice, I'm sure but that is a lot to deal with on a weekly basis. 

My granddaughter in Washington state called and told me she got laid off. They laid off several people and is getting ready to lay off a lot more. Seems they are getting ready to fold.  They went to people's houses to bath dogs. They drove vans that were fully set up for bathing, trimming nails and all the other things. She might decide to get her own business set up again. She had just started it before Corvid hit and was just starting to build up on it when she was forced to shut it down. But she also will only be there for another one and a half years before they get transferred again. (Military). Though he is thinking about getting out once he has to sign up again. He has one and a half years from when he gets back from Cuba. Praying all goes well for them. 

Waiting for temps to rise. It is now up to 56* Will go for walk through neighborhood in a while. I really need to get out and walk. 

• Like 3

We are hunkering down...again.  Another snow storm headed our way.  Got all the laundrt done, folded and put away.  Floors taken care if.  Truck backed in for easier access out.  Yesterday we went Mennonite shopping.  Needed to pick up a bag og taters to jar up.  It's that time.  Also picked up some fresh but frozen berries to jar up later.  We enjoy our berry desserts! LOL  

Will share with you all...if you enjoy rolled oats.  I soak them with raisins for a bit.  Then I add 2 Tablespoons of real pumpkin, some honey, some cinnamon, and a bit of Almond milk  Wow...what a tasty way to eat our oats!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

So, my ‘baby’ twin brothers came down from MT to go to a school friends wedding in Phoenix.  They spent the night, along with DH’s adopted son.  They went out, came back with a couple friends they hadn’t seen in 20 years.  We had a fire pit, while I cooked home made scratch pizza.  They left in the morning for the wedding, meeting up with my other brother in Phoenix.  Brat, didn’t even drive an hour to visit..  it’s all good.  Pay backs..  lol. 

Then, DH’s friend came to visit..  oh my!  He has a “sleeper” car…. He’s the friend we went shooting with and I hit the 1,000 yard range target…. His car is so sweet!  Trust me, it isn’t what it seems…

7711E8BE-1B5B-45E5-B968-03912A1C0C7C.jpeg

Want to see what’s under the hood?

2B034A26-2DE6-45A0-80AA-B5F2C0676432.jpeg

Now, want to see why that’s a big deal?  

But, “Grandpa” is one of our best friends, for so many years. He likes his toys.   Prayers are requested for 2/21.  

• Like 4

Also, transferred all my mulch to the garden, dug it in, 16’ x 8’, 2’ deep, and planted.  Trimmed trees, queens wreath, bushes, & roses, filled 12 garbage bags of debris and bundled 20 bundles of yard & tree trimmings, for bulk pickup, for last Monday’s pickup.  Then, prepped DH for the monthly trip to TX.  Replaced his windshield wipers, this morning, because it was raining.  

He hit rain, strong winds, and dust storms along the way.  
B152D5BD-AEED-49D8-870B-8B64056EDEAB.jpeg

Forgot to mention, cleaning house, and giving the dogs a thorough bath, they were smelling quite ripe.  Tomorrow, is brushing them…. I can foresee a couple garbage bags of fur in my future.  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 4

Swaa-weet!  

D-ex had a Forrester but it sure didn't run like that!  LOL. It did do that auto shifting thing though. I grew up with Chargers, Goats (GTO) Cameros, Trans Ams, Mustangs, Corvettes etc.  Ex still has a burgundy T-Top Vette that he drives on occasions. He loves that car. Mostly because his BFF had one and he always wanted one in the 60's but couldn't even afford one of the tires for it back then. His other BFF had a GTO. I spend many weekends in the back seat of that Goat...double dating!!! Ex drove my moms Malibu most of the time. Looked good on the outside but under the hood, meh. Of course gas was about .30 a gallon back then too. 

I was so excited when the new Cameros came out. My dream car! I dated a guy who had a 68 convertible Camero. RIP James 'Keith' Merrell (Nam). But by then my body had become a little older and bigger and slower and a grand baby came along and the little 4 2 door car had lost some of its appeal.  :sigh:  Glory Daze. Boomers still have a twinkle in their eye for a muscle car. Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane Annarchy. 

Edited by Jeepers
I gave a Camero 4 doors. Sacrilege.
  • Like 3

SNOWING.....lots........Dr appt. tomorrow aft. so I hope the driveway is ok.   Need to call snowplow guy tomorrow morning.  Supposed to quit snowing thru the night sometime.  Then it's heading east.......yeah, toward MO and WE2s!  :wave:  I think it's gonna build up more power on the way east so be careful y'all. 

MtRider ....was awake all day.  :offtobed: 

• Like 2

Snow everywhere this year it seems. This has been one of the coldest winters we have had here in a long time. Makes me wonder if we will have a very hot summer. I need to get the well worked on soon. I put it off because of everything going on in house, but don't think I can hold off too much longer. I will need it when the garden goes in. 

Finishing up taxes to get them sent out.  Took friend to doctor this afternoon as her DS was sick with sinus infection. He usually takes her. Then took her to bank and then took her home. Came home and did a little cleaning around house.  Turned on Fox news to hear that Russia is supposedly planning to shut down power grid, water, online banking, etc. Seems he is planning a cyber-attack on us. Hoping and praying it's not true. But this chicken game Biden is playing with them, anything goes. Seems we are running out of time to get things in place. I have come to the conclusion that I am about as ready as I can be. So, trusting in the Lord to guide me in what I need to do and praying that nothing happens. I am really getting tired and over this mess with this administration. And then there is Russia, China and N. Korea. What else can go wrong. 

Rain tomorrow. It was 72* today. Went for a walk this morning. Can't wait for spring. Still warm outside now at 65*. I am really enjoying this weather, even if it is only for one day.

• Like 1

COMPUTER TROUBLES.....  :groooansmileyf:

OK...for the past several months DH and I have been sharing this tiny {probably child's} laptop.  It's old and limited.  Mine needs to go to the shop to see IF it can be repaired.  Soon we'll have a bit of $ to buy DH a newer laptop and hopefully repair mine.  But we've been putting a big strain on this bitty thing. 

Last night it kept dropping out....closing down ....whenever I'd get more than 2 windows up.  So I just kept one window and could work.  This morning, even one window at a time didn't work.  So we dug out a thumb drive and I dumped some files out of this and onto the thumb drive.  Evidently it was just barely enough to work One Window Up At A Time.  :sigh: 

Well, since I'm waiting on the C-test I did yesterday at the doc's.....I NEED to get into my Doctor's site and check.  Nothing up so far.  Doc put me on some stuff for increase in MS symptoms - likely agitated by taking care of DH for 3 wks while he had the C.   I'm not feeling much but a cough and fatigue but  ...test will tell.  Doc is being duly cautious.  Now I'm just hoping the computer will allow me to SEE THE RESULTS when they do come in....24 - 48 hrs.   Always something up when we're going into a weekend. 

So if I "disappear" .....it's likely not the C.   More likely the other "c" = Computer problems!!  <_< 

MtRider    :pc_coffee:    :pray: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It was 72* early this morning.  So washed clothes and went for a walk. By noon the temps started dropping fast. Now it is 46* and still dropping. We didn't get the rain like I thought we were going to get. Just a little over night. Made a salad and deviled eggs this afternoon. Had some eggs I needed to get used up. Talked with GD in Washington. She is wanting to get her garden started indoors now as they have a short growing season. I need to get my raised bed garden going. But don't have anyone yet to help me put the boxes together. They weigh about 200lbs each when put together. I have the area planned where I want to put them. Just have to figure some things out. But I will get there.

• Like 1

Still feeling down over having to put down one of our dogs (cancer).  He was my little shadow...whever I went he followed and guarded me (heaven knows from whatk LOL) then laid beside me as I tyoed on the laptop in the evenings.  He had a little ged bsdie mine, lower so he couild get into it easily, and he loved sleeping there.  I will miss my little min-pin.  But I am grateful forthe time we had.  We never knew his age or entire history, just that he had been abused, and when he came he did not know how to be a dog (bark, play, run, etc because he had been caged most of the time and I suspect alone.)  He enjoyed playing with us and the other dogs, adored the kitties, and was very snuggly.  Duke, I will miss you.  But I am glad you came and lived with us for a couple years, and I know you loved us in return.  Sleep well, little buddy.  :sad-smiley-012:

Edited by kappydell
  • Sad 5
4 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Now I'm just hoping the computer will allow me to SEE THE RESULTS when they do come in....24 - 48 hrs.   Always something up when we're going into a weekend

In case you don't remember, Monday (21st) is President's Day and is a Federal Holiday. I hope this doesn't interfere with you getting timely results. :bounce:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made a quick trip to Meijers tonight. Their shelves didn't look too bad. I've seen them look worse. They still have limits on a lot of canned goods and paper products. Canning supplies looked decent. I didn't look around much because son called while I was in there and I lost interest in shopping. 

I was very pleased to see where Meijers has some benches in their store for old folks now. Just backless seats but sooo helpful for folks like me who loses their energy half way through the store. I mentioned it to Wal-Mart about the time I was really struggling because of the mask mandate but it fell on deaf ears. Think I'll call tomorrow and thank them. It's appreciated.

I picked up some canned chicken for seasoning and some little cans of smoked ham also for seasoning. I have some home canned chicken but they are pint jars and I wanted something smaller. Next time I can I want to do some half pints. Heads up on stocking up on chicken. Bird flu is running rampant and they have already started culling. Just saying... Cans of tuna was very plentiful. They had a couple of pallets full in the main aisle. 

I think I'm losing it though. I never stick my credit card in my pocket. I always put it back in my wallet and I put that in my purse. Always. After Meijers I went to gas up my car. No card. I checked my wallet, purse and coat pocket. No card and it's panic time. So I went back to Meijers. I had used the self check out lane and she remembered me because we spoke. No one turned it in. The girl asked if I checked my purse and pockets. Of course I did. :buttercup:.  I went to show her and started to empty my pocket (phone and glove) and there was that card. How could that happen? I had checked both pockets and purse several times.

I went to top off the gas tank and all was well again. I buzzed through Wendy's for a Frosty and happened to notice that card was missing from my wallet again. It was in my left coat pocket this time. And I 'always' return it to my wallet and then purse. Don't know how I came to do that twice within an hour. I'm nuts.

BTW, Barley. Would that be kept in the cereal aisle by the oats? I looked at the grocery store and Meijers and found none. :scratchhead:  I want to put together some more dried soup/meal mixes to stow away. 

• Like 2

Went to Walmart and co-op yesterday. Lots of holes at Walmart, but found what I needed.
Got Black Kow manure and and top soil at co-op. 3- 50# bags each.
Came home and made Cowboy Candy BBQ sauce and canned it. Sweet and spicy!

Already did ebay photos this morning.
Will walk next and walk dogs.
Then write some ebay drafts.
Unload 300 #s of Black Kow out of back of jeep.

• Like 1

Was on phone with GD from Washington State. My GS lives with her. She got laid off from work as the company seems to be either revamping or going out of business. So, she is down from a 2-income family to a 1 income family. Her DH is in Cuba, military. and they don't really have much of a savings account and what they have they need for the next move when he gets transferred again. My grandson does pay rent and that helps with house payments, and she buys food for him as well. We talked last night till 1 am for my time. She is very worried about how the food situation in stores are. Low on a lot of things and she doesn't have the money to fully stock.  Grandson is adding money to the groceries to help fill freezer with meat and to buy fresh veggies and fruit. I went to store today and loaded up on a lot of packaged soups, oatmeal, packaged meats and anything that would be easy to ship to her. She will have a lot of stuff coming her way. Also sent her yeast but she will need to buy the flour. I know she has about 10lbs now. So powdered milk and egg substitute for baking. Grandson loves sardines and jerky and that was on sale. So, got him plenty of that to hold him a while. Dried beans also as that will keep a long time. This will take the pressure off of them and she can buy the dog food, cat food and other things that would be hard for me to send her. Three big boxes off to the USPS and she gets it on Tuesday. Last time I had to do this was when she and her DH moved from Maryland to Washington in the middle of the pandemic and no toilet paper to be found anywhere and the stores were picked clean. I sure hope this is the last time I need to do this. It's a lot of work for us old folks. But would do anything to help out the kids. 

There was still a limit of 2 on chicken at the Food Lion but not on anything else that I saw. Stores were slim but did have food on shelves. Can goods were slim, paper goods were ok. meat was less than last time I went to store. I didn't buy much for me on this round at store as it was mostly for the kids. They did have ham slices for 2.99 a pound and I got me a couple of those. Makes for a quick meal. 

Now I can just sit back and do some more reading up on EMP's. GD is buying more batteries and the things to make a faraday cage with. GS is going to help her. They are going to put flashlights and batteries in it and just have it on the ready if an EMP does hit. She said she is working on bigger cages for other things she wants to protect. She is on well water and that will help her also but is going to start buying bottled water as well as filling up anything she has for water to be on the safe side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1