MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Way to go Miki! Helps on saving a doctor visit too. $$$$$$

I had all kinds of things I wanted to do today but just couldn't get going. I did go pick up my canning jars from Wal-mart though. Didn't want them to get sent back especially since they were paid for. Tomorrow is another day.

Ugh. Can't sleep. The wind was so fierce tonight it kept me awake. I was in the basement for awhile. It took out about half of my fence. I have no idea how I'll get it back up again. I miss my son's help. Probably more damage I'll find when the sun comes up. It's a lousy night. Sigh.

It was a hard day for me too. One of the puppies on the site I watch had to be put to sleep today. He was having uncontrollable seizures. Really bad ones and many times a day. He would also cry. He got so much love and care it the short time (27 days) he was here. Probably more than a lot of children. Medicine didn't help at all. He just kept getting worse. I'm glad he isn't suffering any longer but I sure do miss the sweet little boy. I was used to checking on him during the night about this time. If tears are cleansing to the soul then mine must be spotless tonight. :sad-smiley-012:

I wish I'd toughen up.

Good Morning, :hi:

My bags are packed, mostly, and I am finishing up my list of things that need to be taken care of before I get on the road. Hopefully, traffic will be light and the trip will be uneventful. God willing. If all goes as hoped, I should reach MIL's house before rush hour.

Congratulations on your 45 anniversary Daylily. That is awesome!

Good to hear you are doing well Miki. Sounds like you did a lot of cooking. DH wanted home made pepperoni & mushroom pizza last night.

WE2 & Jeepers, I didn't do much either yesterday.

Hoping everyone has a productive and blessed day.

Hope you have a safe and speedy drive today, Ann! Can hardly wait til you meet your new friend!

Jeepers! Dogs with seizures are heartbreaking! Buddy, my schnauzer had them and died from them. I will pray for peace for you!

CG, hope you are feeling better today!

I'm off for a haircut and a few groceries

Thank you ladies. I'm better today. It was just a tough night. I was really worried the wind was going to bring a tree down on the house and now I have to think about what to do with the remaining fence. I was just having a moment and wanted to be here. As awful as it was losing a puppy, we still have a dozen more to raise. It's still hard but onward and upward. Those wee wee pads aren't going to buy themselves.

Another service dog, Finn, was placed with a little girl last week. So far so good. She is 8 years old and a 'little person' with a multitude of balance and walking issues. Cute as a button and her daddy is a fireman.

LOL .....on the phone with my mom and she just asked me that too, Homesteader. I do remember having the oil pan heaters when I lived in MN. But haven't heard or thot of them for a long time. Might be a consideration if the insane change in weather up here keeps on.

J. C. Whitney. They still carry the in-freeze-plug and the magnetic mount ones. Please don't ask me how I know. <_<:rolleyes:

Good Evening everyone.

Made it here safe & sound. Mil made us beef tips on egg noodles. Not bad for packaged food. We chatted for some time, she's not happy about the new dog. Rather upset at us. If she had her way, she would have us sell everything, get rid of all the animals and live with her here in the middle of this huge city. * Sigh *. And she refused to come live with us in our little hick town. * Sigh *. It's a rock & a hard place. Then, she put a guilt trip on me, by saying she's not feeling well anymore. * Sigh *

Enough of that. Tomorrow is a board meeting for the CoC, and I'm not going. I was supposed to go next Thursday on my normal schedule but things change. She's miffed about that too. It is what it is.

Sarah, that's good they still sell those.

Time to get some sleep, it has been a long day.

We are having printer issues and I hate that! DH will work on it later as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer 4 times now with varying success and sometimes not.

Going to clean bathrooms this mmorning and then make bread and try a lava cake again. First time was in slowcooker and mine is not so slow. Burnt all around edges. Found one in a 9X13 pan to try today

and bread from Pateras Appalachiashomestead

Today I found out cash is not always king.

My ATT bill comes at a strange time each month. All of my other bills come within a few days of each other. I often forget about ATT. This month I paid it on time but it should have arrived on the day it was due. With the holidays and all I wasn't sure that was going to happen. Totally my fault. So, I went ahead and paid for the following month at the same time. I've done that before. This week I got a bill saying I owed $0.20. Whatever, I'm not going to argue about it. I thought I'd just let it roll over to the next months bill. It's only 20 cents.

Tonight I knew I was going to be driving by the ATT store so what the heck, I might as well stop in and pay it. Don't want that 20 cents hanging over my head. I go in with my bill and 2 dimes to get that 20 cents off of my back.

The guy told me if I pay with cash they will charge $5.98 extra but if I pay with a credit card it's free. I thought he was joking. He wasn't. I told him I'd be better off just letting it roll over to next month. He said if I do that there will be a $5.98 late fee...on 20 cents.

I put $0.20 on my credit card to save the $5.98. Then I got home and thought...I paid this months bill ahead so they should owe me $5.98. I have no idea how they came up with 20 cents. I'm not even going to ask.

Then I thought...scammers often put small charges on a stolen credit card just to see if they can use the card and if it works, they will make a large purchase. I expect I'll be hearing from my bank soon or worse, the card will be denied next time I try to use it until they can verify it's really me.

It's a complicated world.

Patera...ahhh...watch her just about every day :-) Hey Jeepers...when mother passed we tried to take the modem (ATT) she had for her U-verse to the store here in our city, and they wouldn't take it! Said it had to be mailed and we had to box it up. Brother who is successor trustee had to come here, pick it up, and then MAIL IT TO THE STORE IN THE BIG CITY (and they have several)...figure? As far as cash, they told us here also, that they are not equipped to "receive cash payments on accounts"...again...figure. Are they hiring a bunch of thieves?

Was "gifted" with 30 40 pounds of red potatoes. Yesterday I baked 10# and vacuum sealed them and they're in the deep freezer. Today another 20# are cooling on the counter...and 10# are on top of the deep freeze to keep cool...we'll eat them. Put the 20# I baked today in baggies and they're in the 5-day cooler, sitting outside...our "off grid" freezer! LOL I love having them mostly cooked, and all I have to do is grab a bag (usually 4-6 'taters), thaw them and have them ready for nuking, heating and mashing, frying or ??? without much ado :-) Was going to can some of them but baking them is so much more versatile in use. The weather is supposed to turn off bad throughout the midwest, so we won't be going to the city. We wanted to buy some moving blankets that are on sale at Harbor Freight, but it's much to far to drive when ice, snow or sleet is going on from here to there and everywhere :-(

Edited by The WE2's

Stay safe in the storms WE2. Oh, and Jeepers I am glad that tree didn't fall in those winds. Sounds like you got Mt_Riders Mach 5 wind.

Monday DH and I were preparing the fire pit and a cloud passed by and dropped large rain drops and hail for 2 minutes and then it was gone. Odd.

40# of potatoes is awesome!

I went to pay in cash one time and the cashier didn't know what to do, she had to call a manager to take it. I was shocked, but I wasn't going to use plastic.

Today has been a nice day. While MIL got ready to go to her meeting, I started taking down and boxing up all her Christmas decorations. Finally finished after she was gone.

Took a ride to find a convenient place to meet the driver who will be bringing Gunny from Dallas. Semper Fi Dog rescue will be leaving tomorrow morning from KY headed to Dallas. They are dropping off another rescue dog there.

I may have to stay here until Monday or Tuesday. We shall see.

Dinner was Golden Corral. I got my salad fix. :D

Spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching TV with her, while she worked on CoC correspondence.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night.

So far we've dodged any of the bad weather. Got a little freezing mist while we were at Aldi's but it only lasted about 5 minutes. Just wanted to replenish some things...and the weather wasn't bad enough for us to "hunker" down...LOL What really surprised us though was the cashier at $Tree (I needed a file box for 2017's receipts etc.) told us WM was sold out of bread and everybody was coming there to buy bread etc. Aldi's had bread but you could tell it was on it's way to being depleted. Aldi's was also out of toilet paper except the cheapy 65 cent 4-roll packs and had very little paper towels. Just shows what happens when people think something is going to happen and they can't get out...bread and toilet paper? Filled the truck up with gas (we use a WM gift card so we can save a few cents on each gallon) so we'll have enough to go to Harbor Freight tomorrow for the moving blankets...the weather is supposed to move on out. Had a friend call and said another friend was iced in at her daughters place...about 60 miles away from us. Another friend is in hospital...not good at this point, and another friend is in NM on a ski trip. Friends are all scattered around :-(

I hope those in the ice storm make it okay. We have had a few of them and it can be a real disaster.

It has been warm here for about a week and they predict at least another week of warm weather. That will sure help on the gas heat bill!

DH and I were both lazy today. We had no excuse..the weather was nice and no one was sick or aching. I feel guilty, like I wasted a day. All I did was cook and dishes. I took a bath too..lol..does that count?

I hope everyone in the path of that storm stays safe.

The wind is picking up here and they say it will be stormy tomorrow and Sunday when I am scheduled to go home.

In yesterday's news paper there was a Macy's sale page. They had 800 thread count 4 piece set sheets, king size too , for $39.99. Since the store is fairly close I decided it was worth it to get a set.

I brought the flyer with and asked the cashier if they still had them. She told me they were not honoring the add because the store was going out of business. But if I still wanted a set, they were $200. Really?!?! We walked out. No wonder they are going out of business.

So we came home and watched TV the rest of the day.

Yes, Momo, it counts in my books. :)

Was able to get to the city and pick up those much wanted moving blankets :-) Sunday and today we worked our tails off at the homestead. Mr tore out most of the walls of the bathroom and was totally surprised there wasn't a bit of insulation between the interior paneling and the outside walls! No wonder mother had to keep the bathroom vanity doors open to keep the pipes from freezing up! While he was tearing out walls I sorted through things, putting some things away and pitching other stuff. The weather was very warm today so we left the front door open to let the warm air inside! LOL This coming week, it's supposed to be quite warm so while Mr is finishing off a few more jobs, I'll probably take Miss B and Abby-girl over to continue sorting and putting things where I want them. This is turning out to be a MAJOR move for us, so we're moving gradually.

Not going to be a good day. Multi semi truck shipment incoming. Pallet loads of materials from another library that is no more. :sad-smiley-012:

All that sorting and cataloging, salvage and 'disposal'. An emotional issue for me. Especially as I remember many of these from my childhood. For example: a complete set of the 'Campfire Girls' series (forerunner of the Girl Scouts). :sigh:

Time to put on my 'big girl panties'.