MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Thanks, Jeepers! I have the rack from my Presto for a 2nd rack. And I could use the rack from my water bath if I wanted to run both pc's at once. Water bath has a flexible rack that I made years ago.

Praying for you and yours, Sass and Momo!

Almost forgot, we are going to a goat auction tomorrow! DH wants mini goats and as long as they are female (or 1 is) I am happy! I want to breed and have milk!

Edited by snapshotmiki

:gaah:

I forgot to Ctrl A & Ctrl C and lost my post, when I hit the back button to read everyone's posts...

:shakinghead:

:hi:

Congrats on the new baby and computer Sass.

Miki, I hope you enjoy your little goat. Sounds wonderful.

CG, I am happy your bread is beginning to come out well.

Keeping you & your DH in my prayers, Momo.

Yesterday was a busy day. Got my truck back, the U joint and shocks were bad, I am very grateful it was not the bearings like one mechanic had said. Fixing it is/was still better than making a new car payment. I missed it. DH took a friend out target practicing while I stayed home and built a new chicken coop. The girls seem OK with it and gave me 5 eggs today.

Today, I couldn't find my glasses. Apparently, I had hooked them on my shirt while working on the coop and they fell off when I went out to the dumpster. DH found them in the dirt about an hour ago. :shakinghead: I searched the house and had to use my sunglasses to read and do the paperwork that couldn't wait. :blink:

Tonight I am making corned beef and cabbage and finishing up on the laundry.

Hoping everyone is having a great day.

Granddaughter born at 9am Hawaii time. She was good and healthy and sassy. Her momma is doing well. Thanks for the well wishing!

I have my new laptop set up well enough til pay day when I can get the Office Key paid for....

Going to be exploring the Microsoft and Google drives for 'cloud' storage.

Congratulations Sass!!!

Glad DH found your glasses, Annarchy!

No mini goats at the sale today. I posted on some facebook groups and one lady has some mommas about to pop. I am in line!

Today, I have 2 crockpots of Strawberry applesauce going to can this afternoon. Making an applesauce pie for dessert (fish, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner). Think I am going to work on cleaning out a closet next!

Hoping to get back to "normal" after DH being in the hospital last week.

I crashed last night. It was the best sleep I have had in two weeks. Today I have to schedule and reshcedule a bunch of DH's Dr. appts.

Tonight I am making a nice real meal. Hubby's appetite is back to normal so it will be a meat and three again.

Have a great week all!

:thumbs:

Cough-cough-cough...but did get some more work done on the homestead's bathroom...gutting it...literally! There wasn't one piece of insulation in the ceiling or in the walls. It's a wonder the pipes didn't freeze continually! While ...cough-cough-cough...Mr worked in the bathroom I sorted through and did some de-cluttering. I'll bet the trash haulers wonder "where does all this stuff come from!" Mr did get the angle changed on the game cam, but still needs some more adjustment to pick up the area we want it to pick up. Abby-girl had to stay inside with us at the homestead because it stormed very bad last night, and all the yard is wet and some areas muddy. Just didn't want to deal with a wet and muddy lab-brat! She thinks she's pretty hot stuff "tapping" around the homestead...(cough, cough, cough) on the wood floors :24: We're still fighting the stupid coughing spells. But at least we're beginning to get rid of some of the junk. We've tried everything and nothing seems to help very much. If anything works best, it's probably the Yarrow tincture mixed with cinnamon, honey and lemon juice. I did notice some reduction in the arthritic pain in my thumbs when taking the yarrow "tea" ... stopped for a couple of days, and the pain seems to be back. Guess we'll get back on it.

All applesauce done! Finishing up case of apples this afternoon with quarts of apples in medium syrup and dehydrating the last of them. I have a gallon and a pint bag in the freezer stuffed with peels and cores for jelly and pectin later.

We are going for a ride (with pups) today looking again for mini goats and at houses in the same area. Also listing on eBay at some point.

((((((WE2's))))) We still have that stupid cough. It's really annoying.

Congrats on processing all the apples. Mmmmm..... Around here, apples are shipped in, so you usually don't find bulk. During Christmas, I bought a bag for apple pies. I took a core and planted it. 3 little trees sprouted in the spot. :hapydancsmil: Now comes the hard part, keeping them alive through the summer heat. I can hope. :happy0203:

Sounds like you had a productive day Cecilia. I'm thinking, after loosing my glasses the other day, I should get a new pair.

Today, I cut up the cardboard box the coop came in, into target backings for our stands. Planning on cleaning DH's printer/copy/scan/fax machine and getting it working again. If all goes well, it will connect via Wi-Fi and we both will be able to use it. We have to have the fax and when we went to look of a replacement, they didn't have any. So, are faxes going out of style?

Then, I have to get our monthly reports done. Hoping to work a little on de-cluttering my office. :shrug:

Time to get back to my chore list and scratch some more things off it. :rolleyes:

Hoping everyone has a blessed day.

That reminds me, I need to make a Wal-Mart appointment for new glasses too. I've been putting it off because I'm still thinking about the eye surgery again. With son in another state now it isn't as convenient to get thing done; especially when I need a ride to and from.

Congrats Granny Sass! Do we have a name yet?

Yesterday was my bday and Dh forgot. I wasn't mad with him though since he was just getting out of the hospital and all. He took me out for a nice lunch in town. It has been awhile since we had done something like that. He is doing so much better but is still getting real tired.

It is gonna be 32 degrees tonight after a few weeks of very warm weather. What a crazy winter.

WE2 we are both still coughing too but it is getting better!

Got all the apples finished except the frozen cores for jeally later and 4 apples to dehydrate. Maybe Sat morning before I go help my friend at her store. No goats today, but we have 2 more leads to follow. Listed 3 items on eBay and now am pooped! Ready to relax the rest of the day. Oh yes, I made an Applesauce pie that is wonderful! Used less sugar than recipe. Found recipe on Pinterest. Just search for applesauce pie.

I hope everyone gets well! My elderly friend has been sick for a month and finally went to the doc last Friday. She still isn't well but finally feeling better.

Edited by snapshotmiki

I started my tractor, AKA lawn mower, up today. I'm glad I kept starting it this winter. It's got a full tank of gas and will start when I need it. I always worry about that because if it won't start I'm lost. Son could always mess with the engine and get stuff going.

Way to go on your apples Miki.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up a few things. I noticed Ball had a book that I don't think I have. It says 2014 but I didn't recognize the picture. I picked it up anyway. If I can't use it Salvation Army will. I need to start carrying a book list with me.

I also picked up a cute wire basket with a cream colored cloth insert snapped in it. It has a metal square on the end so you can write (chalk?) what's in the basket. I'm going to use it up in the hall coat closet for hats and gloves. It was on sale. I probably should have bought two. They were that cute. At least better than the cardboard box I'm using now. :rolleyes:

Still a bit chilly, so we didn't go to the homestead today to do any work. Did take a quick jaunt to Menards. They had 6-packs of Irish Spring (large bars) on sale for about $5.00 with a $3 rebate (I think?) Anyway, we picked up two packages. I keep them hidden everywhere at the homestead where rodents might want to sniff. Also put a couple bars in some knee hi hose and hung them outside the front door and on the porch swing. Hoping it will repel mosquitos? Worth a try! Other than that we stayed hukered down. Tomorrow we plan to visit some Amish stores to pick up some Cliff bars and see what else they've got on sale.

Yesterday, I had my eye appointment (not much has changed) and an appointment with my chiro (allergies suck).

I also picked up a dehydrator (a LEM 1152, big 5-tray square one, on clearance at Academy for $80).

Today: Stay home, replace door knob going into our bedroom, make bread, cook up the bacon for camping over Spring Break (we take an electric griddle, but cooking bacon from raw overflows the grease trap, so I'm pre-cooking), clean up the house some, and work on stuff for my classes.

If I get bored, I'll see if the zucchini and yellow squash in the bottom of the fridge is still good and toss it in the dehydrator, but that's low on the priority list. There's also an apple that nobody has eaten yet...

Yesterday, I had my eye appointment (not much has changed) and an appointment with my chiro (allergies suck).

I also picked up a dehydrator (a LEM 1152, big 5-tray square one, on clearance at Academy for $80).

Today: Stay home, replace door knob going into our bedroom, make bread, cook up the bacon for camping over Spring Break (we take an electric griddle, but cooking bacon from raw overflows the grease trap, so I'm pre-cooking), clean up the house some, and work on stuff for my classes.

If I get bored, I'll see if the zucchini and yellow squash in the bottom of the fridge is still good and toss it in the dehydrator, but that's low on the priority list. There's also an apple that nobody has eaten yet...

:thumbs:

Made our "rounds" to the various Amish stores...it's an all day trip to visit them all. They're in two different towns. Picked up some more Yarrow flowers, some Arnica oil, some shaker bottles, 4 cases of gingerbread Cliff bars, a dozen packages of Uncle Ben's pre-cooked rice (70 cents each) a dozen instant potato packages (50 cents each), summer sausage, 5# packages of hash brown potatoes, 2# packages of bell pepper and onion mix ($2.99) and you'll think we're crazy but 15 dozen eggs for $5.99! We just break them (will do that shortly) 4 eggs to a baggie (double bagged) and put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer so they'll lay flat and freeze them. We did that last year when eggs were on sale and it was sure nice to just go to the freezer, open the baggies, and put them in the skillet on low heat...and we had scrambled eggs. When egg prices were sky high we ate 59 cent a dozen eggs for a LONG time :-) We just save so much money buying bulk. Also picked up some nice 1 1/2# packages of Wrights thick sliced bacon for $3.99 a pkg. Picked up a container of slippery elm bark, some DHA 500 for Mr., a jar of local honey, and a jar of coconut oil. We're going back tomorrow because they're having a sale on bell peppers (all colors) , a case for $5...and some onions too. We'll hook up the dehydrators at the homestead and dry some bell peppers and some onions! Let the onions smell up the homestead's kitchen. Don't have room here anyway because my clothes-lines occupy the enclosed back porch now :-( The coughing is getting less and less. Put some eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender and rosemary essential oils into a bottle with some liquid coconut oil, and put a few drops in our little diffuser-type machine and we turn it on, and put our faces into the face shield and breath deep. Still mixing up our yarrow tea though. Guess that's about it for today ... da, da, da, dat's all folks! LOL

We had such a hectic week last week. I had an appointment with Social Security on Tuesday at 9 am so we had to leave home at 7:30 am. to get there on time. Then we visited some friends in another town. They are part of our church family but since he had a stroke a couple years ago, they don't come often. We had a good visit, then went to yet another town to visit a church member in the hospital. So we didn't get home until after 5 pm.

As usually happens the night after sitting in the car all day, my back hurt and I couldn't sleep. I only slept from 9:30 pm to 12:40 am. I could feel it too the next day! I was falling asleep at prayer meeting Wed night and DH kept elbowing me to wake me. Finally I whispered to him, "In three hours, I will have been awake 24 hours. Let me sleep!" He stopped poking me but by then I sort of woke up.

We had a funeral to go to Wed afternoon. The 30 yo mom of 7 yo twin boys. It was so sad. My parents were lifelong friends of her grandparents and I went to school with her dad. She had Lupus and it had affected her heart and kidneys but it was still a shock. Her husband was away on a business trip and the boys found her in the bedroom floor. They called grandma and told her they couldn't wake her up.

DH's cousin had died on Sunday and that funeral was Friday. We loved him dearly. DH did the eulogy and our family sang two songs. Our pastor developed a migraine just before the funeral. We and others prayed for him and he was able to do the service and sing a duet with his wife. God certainly answered our prayers!

DS had a sermon to write and give at a church two hours away. I am SO glad we hadn't planned to sing because after the funeral Friday I got a terrible stomachache and wasn't able to go to the dinner for the family and friends. I just sat in one of the big recliners in the church foyer and rested. I didn't feel a whole lot better until the next morning. I figured it was stress because I tend to do that. But I sure didn't feel like getting up early and driving two hours to that church.

So all in all, a very stressful week for us. Lots of work to do to catch up on all we didn't get done last week. It's time to get out the plant light stands and get eggplant and pepper seeds started. Tomatoes soon too. We haven't even inventoried our seed stash and ordered any. So...I'd better get to work! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Wow Daylily, that was a stressful week. And a sad one too. :hug3:

I got off to a slow start today. I'm tired of cold weather. I stay warm enough in the house but only because I stay bundled up. Can't get much done that way. :sigh:

I wasn't aware that those little bitty ants could bite or sting or what ever they do. Or maybe I just forgot. One just got me on the arm. The soft part like where you'd get blood drawn. He gave me a nice stingy itchy welt. Suppose I shouldn't complain too much though. I've gotten 'rid' of many of his kind recently. :ph34r:

Sorry you had such a rough week, Daylily! I hope this week is much better!

I went to Walmart and other stores this morning. This afternoon, we went and put a deposit down on two baby pygmy girl goats! They are about 6" tall right now and so sweet! The folks with the goats live 2 miles away and will be glad to help with any questions. We will get them in a few weeks when they are weaned. Now for names. I think Thelma and Louise but DH is not sold on those names yet. They are so darling! Willpost photos when I can!