MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Awww...you are having some rough days, Annarchy!  :grouphug: 

So.....house might be a go, Miki.  Actual house isn't in the flood plain?  :pray:

I've had to run deep scans on my laptop twice in the past week.  Not sure what is found and cleared, but couldn't get on yesterday.  OK today. 

We got some of that sleet/snow/gropel/rain stuff.  Lots, in fact but it was melting very fast.  Roads and driveway melted clear. :hapydancsmil:  But wowie it's COLD! :frozen:  Got down to 18 degrees.  Brilliant sunshine now....glare on the eyes off the snow.  B)   Will warm up again soon.  Not unusual at all at this elevation in May.  Springtime in the Rockies.  Could be back up to 60 degrees in a couple days.  Sinus all plugged again....from running furnace.  Ack!

MtRider ....who has not ridden a horse in too long and hip REALLLLY hurts from not walking correctly with right leg.  Ow.  I think I still have a white horse amongst this white snow....  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY????

I finally got that %^&* mailbox upright. I didn't use any dirt. I just used the small-ish rocks around four sides. It's still a little wobbly but hopefully the rocks will settle in and hold it up better. I still have almost half a bag left to fill in. It isn't that big of a bag but it was so heavy I couldn't get it out of the Jeep. It's going to be a tussle getting the rest of the bag out. I had to use a cup and dip the rocks out of the bag. I knew I would. Unfortunately I thought I would use them all so I sliced the plastic bag right down the middle. I didn't think that one through.   :rolleyes:

I'd like to put 4 large nice rocks around the four sides of it (a little smaller than a cement block) but I know I'd never get them out of the Jeep after they were put in.

If the snow plow guy would just slow down...

Or if the city would fix what they tear up...

• Like 3

House is looking good right now.  We will see what Monday brings.  They pulled our credit finally.  Lender is waiting on a copy of the contract.  We are trying to get an inspection set up again.  And then we wait...

In other news, the mixer works great!  So glad I got that.  I saw it on facebook about 1 minute after the girl posted it.

Woohoo!  Home inspection set for Sunday afternoon! 

Edited by snapshotmiki
Add info
  • Like 3
37 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Looks like Annarchy might be busy later. We have 466  528  "guests" on right now.  :happy0203:

As long as the forum software is up to date, the anti spam is working overtime.

:cele:

• Like 2

Took library books to library and checked out some new ones.  I'm truly enjoying reading Kim Vogel Sawyer's books...they're Christian and each book is different so no need to try and keep track of which ones you're reading.  All different characters.  Then we came home, had lunch and headed for the garden...even though it's been raining off and on all day, the Lord held it off long enough for us to get the anchor poles and wire up for the pole beans and then planted them babies!  Been collecting egg shells for some time, so crushed them up and I put them in the little groove (after we pulled the leaves back) and then Mr WE2 added compost following behind me, then I planted seeds behind him, and then he covered them with potting soil on top, following me.  God did the watering in!

100_4683 Pole Beans-egg shells down 2017.JPG

100_4684 Pole Beans covered with compost-potting soil 2017.JPG

• Like 3

Yesterday we went to the cabinet maker shop and picked up another trailer load of sawdust and a truck bed full of wood "long strips" that they give us instead of burning.  I've got PLENTY of wood stakes for my tomatoes, bell peppers, egg plants, amd whatever else I want to stake up.  The weather was 102 so we came home, showered and relaxed!

100_4681 Lumber1.JPG

100_4682 Lumber2.JPG

• Like 1

All my herbs are doing great, even though the aloe plants aren't liking this hot humid weather...after being transplanted.  But, they'll snap out of it I think.  The Basil plants are doing better since I moved them to the little "green house" rack.

100_4661.JPG

100_4662 Herb-Basil & wifd flowers 2017.JPG

• Like 2

The tomato plants seem to be doing wonderful.  Several have blooms on them.  I'll need to take some photos :-)  The Egyptian walking onions are thriving.  The wild edible section is hanging in there.  I planted a beautiful Mullein plant and it's going through some shock, but perked up some after this rain.  Funny how gardens just love RAIN! LOL

Edited by The WE2's
spelling

Did take a morning off last Saturday to enjoy participating in a "wild flower" session with a State Park Naturalist, and she had us all plant some wild flowers in some little planters.  Was really fun.  They are sticking their little heads up big time, but I have to water them (as with all the herbs and hanging baskets) to keep them from drying out.

101_0441.JPG

101_0442.JPG

• Like 2

Took a week ago Tuesday for Mr WE2 to build my Dad a new safety ramp, and put a rail on it so his wife can hold on to something when she's carrying groceries in from their garage and cleats along the side to keep his walker or wheelchair from running off the edge. Even put a skirt around the bottom to keep chipmunks etc., from hiding under it and driving their little dog bonkers!

101_0443.JPG

Edited by The WE2's
added content
  • Like 3

I came up with this hair-brain idea to build raised beds to give us more privacy from the road. There are a few mounds around the pond that the utility company left us when they built the pond decades ago. They didn't want to run the township 3-phase power through a low marshy area, so they built a fishing pond with a dam. The power cables go through the dam. Now, I've talked hubby into bringing some of that good dirt into our front yard so I can start planting. Our honeybees will love my plan.  :happy0203: I've raised around 200 flowers from seeds and they are awaiting warmer weather so they can move out of the cramped hoophouse. :hapydancsmil:

P1030320.JPG

• Like 4

Absolutely love your yard and garden pictures We2! The guy next to me put out those solar lights around his little garden. I don't know if they help to keep nighttime marauders away or not. Two or four legged. They do look nice in the evening though. :shrug:

Looks like things are coming together for your house Miki.  :pray:

That is one serious piece of machinery there Homesteader!   :bow:

• Like 1

Wow!  You all are busy!  Love the pics!  

Mom had the plumber clear the tree roots out of her pipes. 

Then, went to Golden Corral for lunch, came home and watched a couple movies. 

I finally got some uninterrupted sleep last night. Hoping to do the same tonight. 

Y'all are making me go through my annual "I want a garden" phase.

If I follow through on the urge, I end up spending money on plants and such, then everything dies anyways 'cause 1) I live in a desert and 2) I suck at gardening thus far.

In other news, I have a basil plant inside that's doing pretty well!  I might add an aloe plant...

• Like 3

Your hair is getting longer WE2. Pretty shade...looks highlighted.

Two days ago I got a call from my doctors office saying I'm over due for my meds appointment. I told her I know but I'm waiting for my Medicare to start and it's only in a couple of weeks. I told her I had plenty of meds to get me through so it was not a worry. I told them I'll call after June 1st.  This morning I got a call from the pharmacy saying they had some meds filled for me. Doctor called them in again this month. Woo-hoo. This is the second month she has done that without me even asking. A preppers dream come true. LOL

• Like 2

Good job on the meds, Jeepers!  Wish my doc would do that.

Home inspection done, got insurance quotes yesterday, gathering substantiating paperwork today, and signing more papers tomorrow.  And then wait!

Today I did laundry and made 2 loaves of bread.  Tomorrow I am supposed to make apple scrap jelly, more deodorant and more toothpaste.  We will see after I get back from town.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:52 AM, TheCG said:

Y'all are making me go through my annual "I want a garden" phase.

If I follow through on the urge, I end up spending money on plants and such, then everything dies anyways 'cause 1) I live in a desert and 2) I suck at gardening thus far.

In other news, I have a basil plant inside that's doing pretty well!  I might add an aloe plant...

Have you considered container gardening under a shade cloth or canopy?