MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

10 hours ago, Ambergris said:

Maybe you could dump it at the Goodwill donation site instead.

That's a thot.  They USED TO take not-working electronic stuff and their 'sheltered workshop' folks would dismantle and salvage stuff.  I'll definitely see if they still do that.  It's such a different world where salvage and reuse is disappearing.

Jeepers....I wanna come dump stuff on your curb!!!  :lol:   And your XDH...Awww!  It has always seemed that you both have a respectful relationship with each other.  It's been nice to hear now and then, thru the years.

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 1

We went diving yesterday.  Or, you could say, we took the dogs to the river to play. 

While I was doing my dive, DH took a picture of Gunner having a burst of overwhelming energy.

Gunny1.jpg

I caught one trout, found another 25' piece of rope cord, 3 beach towels, a t-shirt, a compact umbrella and a pair of cheap sunglasses.  I left 2 old worn-out towels and 2 tank tops in a pile for the trash pick-up people.  For me, rope is the theme so far this year.  I didn't pull the rest of the ropes I found wrapped around rocks, out of the water, because there were too many for me to waste my energy on, in 20 foot of water.  I may work on those as the year progresses, and remove the sheet I found wrapped around a submerged tree trunk.  I am still working on increasing my ability to hold my breath and exercise at the same time.  I can hold it for 2 minutes without moving, but fighting the current, reduces my time down to less than a minute.   

• Like 2

Indeed, Jeepers. DH asked me today if I thought he liked his forever home. Possibly. Lol

Until we started taking him to the lakes & rivers, he would stop at the car door and it was a fight to get him in. Now, he doesn't hesitate to jump in, with excitement. Poor Grrr needs assistance getting in, his mind works just fine, but he doesn't have the strength to jump up any more. 

I was just thinking ....that does not look like the same sad dog in some kennel far away.  :wub:   

NICE river!  Horse is cool too.

MtRider  .....if the electricty goes out in summer, the Annarchys are gonna be camping right there! 

It's a slow day here today. It only got up to 60 degrees and very overcast. After a couple of 80 degree days 60 seems down right chilly. If it was Feb. it would seem warm. Sigh...people.

I had planned (mistake #1) to do a before and after on my hall closet today. But, my camera battery is dead. I had it plugged into the computer for a couple of hours last night. Come to find out plugging it into my computer doesn't charge it up. It only allows you to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer. Sheesh. Now I have to find the charger to juice up the camera at which time it will probably be too dark to take a picture.

Ignorance truly is bliss...but only for awhile. :cheeky-smiley-067:

• Like 1

You are right, Jeepers.  DH tapped the thermometer and said, wow 90* feels cool.  :008Laughing:

That was after 2 weeks of heat above 105. 

Today, I set up a canvas tarp over the chicken coop and put the hose on it, dripping, giving them a make shift swamp cooler.  They look like they are feeling a little cooler.  Poor babies, and summer around here has just started.

• Like 1

Very good idea, Annarchy, for your ladies...

We had RAIN.....full white sheets of RAIN!  With some hail to go with it, tho not as much as yesterday.

Needless to say, the temperatures are still quite cool.

MtRider  ....fine by me but our pond is going to flood over the driveway one of these days... 

Well, shucks.

I went out to my tomato plants to check the large tomato that has turned orange.  Ick! Squishy!  It fermented on the vine, and so did a couple of other tomatoes.

I guess this IS a year for seeds here.

Bank did some disclosures today.  Supposedly one more time of disclosures and a few days later we will close.  They had the interest rate wrong and they went with a different type of loan than they implied before.  All is good now.  And we wait....

I pc'd 12 pints of dog food and 1 pint of kidney beans yesterday.  Am picking string beans almost every day now.  That's about all and that's enough for me!

Have a calm and relaxing evening!

• Like 1

Spent most of the morning copying CD's of pictures to my Win 10.  Unfortunately, a LOT of the pictures were the same.  Now, I am going through them all and removing/deleting the duplicates.  Very time consuming.  I am very pleased, I found some pictures I thought I had lost, of loved ones long gone.  :sigh:

After I am done consolidating and re-organizing all of them, I'll create a complete backup of everything. 

I thought I still had a 3x5 drive.  I am thinking some of the 50 discs I have, may contain some of the other pics that are missing.  IDK.  I think I'll do a net search to see if I can find a reader for those discs.  Ancient technology....   :rolleyes:

The phone company came out and replaced our box with a "non-furbished" brand new modem.  :hapydancsmil: And I didn't have to do anything at all.  He said the way we had it set up was perfect and we should not have had any trouble with it.  He also said, the "new" refurbished box they sent us, was "old" technology.  I'm pleased the internet is working properly now.

One thing I am learning....this keyboard on the Win 10 desktop.  I keep hitting "pg up" instead of "backspace".  LOL   I miss my touch pad and my apple, but I do have to use the Mac for certain tasks. 

Tomorrow, I hope to set up the new printer/fax we got.    :yuk:  It's gotta connect to all our computers and fax.  I told DH, don't expect much because I'll be in my 'engineer' mode.  LOL

Time to cook dinner. 

Congrats, Miki, on the paperwork.  I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new place and hearing how you make it yours.

• Like 1

Will you have access to your garden after you move, Miki?  Sounds like it's bountiful!  :canning:  :lois:

Annarchy, when I switched to Win 10, the lap top was black on black.  I can barely see where the keys are.  I'm not used to having a whole numerical pad on the L side.....wasted space for me and makes me off-center.  So that threw everything off from my reflexive motions.  I used white First Aid tape and marked where the 'delete' and 'backspace' keys are.  Also marked the side edges of the touch pad.  Being off-center, I kept missing it.  I've adjusted now but the white patches in the sea of black keys still help to orient me.  .....I don't always have the best lighting either.

Today was the least of the rain storms.  A bit with no hail or gropel.  In a span of sunshine, it got hot. :knary: So I washed my hair.  Then clouds came back and I dried it quick!  Brrrr!  :frozen:  I've shut off everything [fans/swamp cooler] and closed doors/windows.  In the 50's so we're not freezing but I'm in no danger of overheating......which is a LOT LESS STRESS for me.  :amen:

MtRider ....I don't think I'd mind the Pacific NW with cloudy days.  Tho...I really don't like mud. 

Edited by Mt_Rider

We are getting excited a bit, now!  Shouldn't be too much longer.  Original closing date was June 30, so we will see. 

I will have t leave my garden when we go.  It is in lick tubs and a cattle water tank.  Too heavy to move!  It's bountiful, but tiny, so I will start again in the Fall.  Quiet night here so far.  Goats are in bed and dogs are ready to go out for the last time.  Life pretty much revolves around the animals and garden!

I got a new printer because my son needed to print in color for class.  Oh, I hate it.  It's wireless but can't be assigned a password, meaning it is a hack waiting to happen.  So it's turned off and unplugged all the time.  So to print anything I have to get him to lift it into place, warm it up, hope my computer will recognize it this time (it will about one time in three) and print.  My old printer, I just plugged in to the back of the laptop and hit a key and watched it work. :( 

On 6/8/2017 at 6:56 PM, Annarchy said:

Spent most of the morning copying CD's of pictures to my Win 10.  Unfortunately, a LOT of the pictures were the same.  Now, I am going through them all and removing/deleting the duplicates.  Very time consuming.  I am very pleased, I found some pictures I thought I had lost, of loved ones long gone.  :sigh:

Have you looked at PhotoSort?  I think there is a demo/trial version.  photosort.net.  I am sure there are others, but that is what we use to detect duplicates in our digitization work.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Ambergris said:

I got a new printer because my son needed to print in color for class.  Oh, I hate it.  It's wireless but can't be assigned a password, meaning it is a hack waiting to happen.  So it's turned off and unplugged all the time.  So to print anything I have to get him to lift it into place, warm it up, hope my computer will recognize it this time (it will about one time in three) and print.  My old printer, I just plugged in to the back of the laptop and hit a key and watched it work. :( 

I had the same problem with the other 2 printers we had.  Half the time, I just plug them into my computer to save me the aggravation of waiting, and waiting for the computer to find the printer, then, once it found it, waiting and waiting for it to finally print what I wanted. 

Maybe using a printer cord and connecting directly, might solve the issue?

15 hours ago, Annarchy said:

What brand is it, Ambergris?

Actually, I don't know what my son's is, but it's got such a big footprint it won't fit on the bookshelf like my old Samsung.  I'm getting a new Samsung, next paycheck. 

2 hours ago, Annarchy said:

I had the same problem with the other 2 printers we had.  Half the time, I just plug them into my computer to save me the aggravation of waiting, and waiting for the computer to find the printer, then, once it found it, waiting and waiting for it to finally print what I wanted. 

Maybe using a printer cord and connecting directly, might solve the issue?

Didn't for me.

Well....snow, sleet, hail, gropel, and clouds have deserted me.  It's HOT [for me....everyone else in the state is sighing with pleasure at the warm, sunny days] 

As for me, the battle to keep the house cool enough to support life [mine, in particular] has begun.  Just trying to keep me at 98.6 without proper internal regulation is .....consuming.  :yar:

MtRider  ...and nothing else gets done.  yucko!