MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Sounds like a rough week for you, Mt. Rider!  I'm just packing, put in jeep, drive 12 miles, unpack, bring boxes back and repeat.  Over and over!  DH is working on getting part of the back yard fenced and a back door put in.  So I do the busy work.  Will be glad when this part is done!

I watered the garden and let Abby play in the water (I turn the hose on mist, and she loves it!).  Garden is beginning to yield.  Picked some bell peppers, jalapenos, a few green beans and some romaine.  Lettuce didn't do good at all, and we've got our 3rd try at carrots...this time in containers...coming up...again.

• Like 2

I went out around noon to mow. I got a couple of rows cut and I started to feel a couple of rain drops. Uh-oh. So I really got the lead out and finished the entire yard. I made a quick trip to the library drop box and dumped a huge load of paper and cut up boxes at the recycle bin. Swung by Wendy's for a salad and a tropical tea and headed for home. By then the sky was getting very dark. I got home and about 5 minutes later the thunder, lightning and rain poured from the sky. Whew.  

I'm relieved I got the yard cut. I usually mow it with the mower deck down to 2 and last time I mowed it down to a 3. It looked nicer but then it turned very hot and no rain so it sort of burned and looked yellow. It looked really bad. But a lot of other yards around here looked the same. So, I didn't mow it for about a week and a half on purpose to let it recover. It was really shaggy but green. I moved the blades back up and after I mowed it rained on it so it should be lookin' spiffy again. I should be good for another week now.

• Like 1

Started a new round with the chiro today.  Me and my son both.  He felt okay after the accident, but this morning his back hurt so much it took half an hour to get out of bed.  This evening he's groaning and cussing at every movement, just like me.  Chiro is taking him in too.  

I like getting back to function, but it just takes soooo muuuuch tiiiiiimmme.  Especially sharing a car.  At least we have the car, though.

Is the new innertube in yet?

No, Jeepers....I don't think anyone can be on our Internet.  Who would want to...LOL  It's slow and meager.  Only 2 neighbors near enough to pick it up anyway....and we're "secured".  For what that's worth.  :sigh:   Down to 85.4%   And we went to the library to use their Internet today.

:hapydancsmil:  This is Day 9 of injury and the first time I've left the house....and property.  I nearly tried to go down to the ducks last nite.  Koa was barking her head off but IF they stayed on the pond, they're safe til DH gets home late from work to let them into the duckhouse.  Well.....he counted 8 instead of 9 when he got home.  :(  Unless one is setting eggs somewhere in the bushes....and they usually don't survive that idea....we lost a female. 

But today I managed to get ready and we took my computer to library.  With high usage, I kept "buying" free ebooks but not downloading them.  And we had to download a free program to 'clean out' the computer of things slowing it down.  Last trip to library, we got the one you have to pay for.  WIN10 is trying to download something but .....I have no idea how/what  <_<  

But it was amazing to get out and see the world...so to speak.  Not that I get out much anyway but I DO get outside a lot.  With the foot, I've been on my porch and twice out to let goat into her pen next to house...with crutches.  Heavy labor!

And yes, Ambergris.  DH worked on Thurs and got into town early enough to get innertube.  Installed on Fri morning.  SOOOO much easier but still doing push-ups on the arm rests as I scoot the wheelchair around tiny house.  At library today....it's a small building in a tiny town.  Yet I could unstrap the wheelchair and SIT DOWN to wheel myself around.  With just one toe (the good one) I can push off and sail across the room leisurely.  THAT's what I need to do this bad foot thing without the rest of me feeling like it's in boot camp.  OW!  Hurts way more than my foot. 

Foot is increasing in grey/dark grey/yellowish color.  It has slowly spread from outside of foot up to my big toe.  Color curls around my ankle bone.  Odd.  It's been painful/uncomfortable sleeping the past two nites.  I have blankets propped up so they don't weigh down on my foot.  But it's hurting when I lay on my side.....and I ONLY sleep on my sides.  Early this morning, I finally lay on my back and pushed the button to lift the foot of bed.  And fell back into sleep for another hour.  Foot was happier when I woke.  :shrug:  First I've had this trouble.

Ambergris....was your son just in an accident?  I haven't read as much as usual here so I've missed something?  :(  Hope chiro can help both of you!!!!  Yes, it does take a long time...to go for appointments and for the healing to occur.  :pray:

Jeepers is good at guessing weather too!  Got everything done and back home to enjoy the shower!  :thumbs:   No grass to grow here.  Horses just switched to 'other side' and are munching away.  This rain today will help the previous side to grow again.  We switch between 2 pastures all season and works well with just 2 horses....and lone goat.

Miki......are you done yet????????  I love moving in and getting settled.....but it's a LOT of work! 

WE2....wow, you've had a lot of interference in your garden this year!  Hope container carrots will help.  My gardening friend finally gave up on voles and planted her carrots in a big, round stock tank.  Like 6' diameter.  Set it up a foot or so...has bunnies too.  She got a bumper crop last year!  :cheer: 

MtRider  .....gimping along  :amen:

• Like 2

Good morning!  I'm glad you are feeling and getting around a bit better, Mt. Rider!  Sorry about your duck, though.  I'm glad your big dog was on the job though! 

Ambergris, I hope you and your son feel better soon! 

And no, I am not done moving by a long shot!  Annual doc appt. yesterday but still did one run of packing and unpacking.  Hope to do more today and tomorrow they will finally start on the fence for back yard.  Friday, they will start on the back door and deck, God willing.  Until then, I just keep moving small stuff that is not used every day.  When fence and door is in, we can actually move.  Then just goat shed to contend with and that shouldn't be high dollar. 

We are having to have both places mowed now.  Need to get moved soon!!!

Ahhh.....just saw the Shout post by Ambergris.  She was rear-ended.....  Why do people keep hitting your car, Ambergris!  :(  So both your son and you are injured AGAIN?  Soooo sorry to hear that.  :pray:  you're both feeling better soon. 

So today.......I got out of the house again!  :woohoo:  Actually ....it was ONLY because we probably have a predator after our ducks, and DH worked late tonite.  So Koa and I made it down the 14 steps [raining again] with crutches.  Then put duck food into a grocery bag attached to one crutch.  Then across our parking area to my truck.  [moved truck closer when I parked again]  Dropped tailgate to put dog in back and I managed to PULL myself high enough to get into cab of truck.  [I'm SHORT and it's a chore to get in with 2 good feet!  ]  Drove down to barnyard and turned around so the drivers door was closest to the level path to duckhouse....without hitting any of the excited, congregating dumb-ducks!  No....they hadn't missed me.  :lol: They always do that.  Used crutches to lead the pack to duckhouse.  Managed to crutch inside....NOT hitting my head on low rafters....and pour their food out of sack.  Retreat to door and shut them safely inside.  Zero chance of maneuvering the 3 gal water jug over to pour....  :shakinghead:   Not happening but at least DH can take it from there when he gets home.  Horses were quite disappointed that their dinner had not arrived.  Valley full of green, lush grass will have to do for now.  :rolleyes: 

After driving back up to house....parking truck ....and getting confused/disappointed dog out of back [she's saying WHERE'S MY WALK???]  she and I followed goat up into her pen and closed her in pen and goathouse.  Probably the most ambitious part of the trek....cuz of the HILL.  Carefully....using our 'sort of' steps.  Let Koa sit on goat hillside while I sat on the bench outside back door.....resting, cooling off.  Then a thot came to me  :wacko:  Is the back door LOCKED?  Yeppers, it was.  But my panic lasted only a minute....cuz I remembered the hidden key.  And I was SURE HOPING that it was the BACK door key and not the front.  :amen:   It was....cuz I wasn't sure I could realistically go back down the hill and then UP the stairs.  Aiiieee.  I usually ALWAYS unlock that back door before going down to feed!  I'm SO out of sync!  :sassing:

Koa was so good....coming when I called.  Repositioning so I could reach to get collar/leash on.  Did a 'UNwrap' from pole and 'shake' {lift paw} X2 when she managed to get leash tangled.  All with verbal commands only....cuz I couldn't get to her.  :cheer:

Since that work made me overheated, :knary:   I dragged the chair into shower and managed that too.  :0327: 

After resting between each of these exertions, I also chopped, boiled, and fried a ham, tater, etc hot skillet meal for us before DH came home.  :cook:

Maybe my arms are getting stronger.  I'm able to lightly put the heel down on bad foot.  Helps with balance but not to stand on.  But whooooeee, I'm TIRED!

MtRider ....you'd think I'd have lost weight by now but nooooooooo...... Hmph!

Mt. Rider, your whole life sounds like a challenge and Ambergris's also right now!  I just keep moving stuff (so much stuff) every day and unpacking when I get to new place.  I think we may get everything moved by Monday and have Dish hook us up Tuesday.  It will be a big relief.  We are having problems getting the fence guy to do what he says he will.  Twice has not shown up, then has reason, but why not let us know?  Hopefully tomorrow.  Raining again right now so I'm off!

• Like 1

I have had a frustrating day but it could have been worse.  I need to see my Doctor but he is out of town.  My insurance only covers a pre-approved Dr. on their list. I can't switch Doc's without a hassle. It irks me since I usually only go once a year to get my drugs refilled so I don't cost them much money.

It has been hot as heck for 2 weeks now.  DH and I are both miserable and hanging inside as much as possible.

A friend of ours died yesterday.  This is the third friend/neighbor of ours who died since April.  None of them were expected. This last poor guy was stung to death by yellow jackets or wasps.  He was only around 50 and in great shape. We never know when it will be us or a loved one.  His poor wife just had breast cancer surgery a few weeks ago and is undergoing chemo right now.  She has way too much to deal with.  I can't imagine.

We are up to our ears in gorgeous juicy tomatoes.  Hope it lasts all summer long.  I love making BT sammies for breakfast. Yummy.

I hope everyone is feeling healthier! It stinks when your body is not working right.

Son gifted me with a plastic bag of Roma tomatoes.  Put them in the freezer to freeze, and when I dump them into hot water, they'll be easier to peel for canning.  Holding off watering, it's supposed to rain this afternoon.  Yesterday I picked the eggplant that was the size I like them...no seeds when they're smaller.  Picked the green beans I could find and several bell peppers.  So last night's supper was eggplant parmesan, green beans, a small tomato, an Anaheim pepper and a hamburger.

101_0489.JPG

101_0490.JPG

101_0491.JPG

• Like 3

Wow....yummy, WE2!

Sheeesh, Momo!  A third friend....and a horrible way to go.  :pray: for the poor wife.  Cancer and now this shock!  Life's difficult for you two right now, for sure!  :(

The past two days I sat up in hospital bed for periods of time and typed on one of my stories.....and remembered why I can't be a writer.  The PAIN of shoulder/neck muscles bound from one position ....aieeee!  I love writing my stories and have dozens of them.  Some have a good start and some are just outlines and 'tell' what happens.  Good stories are 'show' and that requires ....well, writing.  So when I have an idea...I "tell" the idea to get it down on paper [or computer].  Then later I can pick it up and actually write story line.  I have one that I'd dearly love to write.  I have lots of 'tell'....more outline of where it's going and even where it's going to end up.  [usually I have no idea how to end....just how to begin]  Thing is....I just love the process myself, even if I never finish [or ...publish?]  And oddly, I LOVE editing...over and over.  Watching it become smoother and more comprehensible.  That's possible thru the magic of computers and the delete key.  And the copy/paste...rearrange whole paragraphs! :hapydancsmil:   ......but it makes me take too much Nuprin to be able to even sleep.  OW!  :sigh:

Foot is coming along.  DH and I noted the first signs of the bruising/discoloration starting to recede.  :happy0203:  I can wiggle all 5 toes.  I can put some light weight on heel.  Still a long ways to acheive full healing. 

I need to go down to rescue ducks again tonite.  DH working and that hoohah the other nite has dropped our egg production from 7 to 3 or 4 per day.  Only one female got 'et.....but the other ladies are all in a tizzy and not laying well.  So dog and I will do the voyage to barnyard again. 

Cat ate greens and puked on my bed again this morning.  { ?? change cat food ...again?? }   But.....since she's in this 'unsettled innards'  pattern right now, I've been making SURE I haul the top light comforter over everything before I even leave the bed.  It's easy to throw in washer....which DH did as he headed out for work.  I'll switch to dryer when I voyage down the stairs for ducks.  He'll bring it up from dryer when he gets home. 

Yanno.....life is done with a 'playbook' now!  :0327:

XXL dog is shedding .....so when I crawl or walk on my knees....my pants pick up her hair.  OYE!  :o  Don't want to vacuum [use energy] before I get back up here from duck voyage.  :sigh:   Poor DH is about flat wore out.  But I like his cooking!  :cook:  He's better than me in most things. 

Reading the Mitford series before bed.  Light and funny.  Also deep and thot-provoking but not enough to keep me awake, generally...

MtRider  ...lotsa rain and such over CO today  :amen:   .....no wildfire!

Edited by Mt_Rider

So tired today.  Still moving stuff.  Today reserved box truck to move big stuff for Saturday.  Guy has been no show 3 times to put in fence, so he's out.  The guy putting the door in will probably do the fence also.  That starts tomorrow while I am moving the pantry and everything else not tied down.  Satellite hook up set for Tuesday.  We will see what happens next.

• Like 1

It is our season to be 'shut-ins'. It's hot and humid, 110+ by noon, a cool 80 in the early morning. 

I've been watering the yard every morning to try to keep it semi-green.  So far so good, hoping that the rain comes soon. It's been swirling around our area all month, and manages to miss us. 

This year, to add to the small rodent population, rabbits have multiplied in the vacant lots across the road. It is amazing to see how easy it is for them to go through a chain link fence with no effort. Pesky wabbits.... stay outta my garden!

I made cole slaw using the cabbage and carrot from the garden. Need to finish harvesting the last of the carrots and beets. Seeds galore, amen. 

DH took me out to dinner last night, all you can eat crab....numnumnum. He's such a sweetheart. 

I have been trying to work with our phone/internet provider for months. One person will tell me one thing and another will say that info was wrong. :shakinghead:  Arg!  Hopefully, there will be no more issues for a while. 

Now, I have to work with Apple. I had to close my email, on short notice, and need to change our ID to the new one. What a nightmare. You have to call them, (hold time), then verify who you are, then, they send a code to your new email within 24 hours, and then, you have 3 hours to call them again and verify your identity again. I missed the time deadline last time and have to do it all over. Crud. 

Because we have water dishes for the birds, we've been watching a plethora of baby birds hanging out in the yard.  Whenever the parents are nearby, they sound off, 'feed me'. One grackle parent landed on the fence, with the child on the ground whining, she dropped the food and flew away. I guess she was trying to wean it. It's fun to watch. Nature in real life. We have very few bugs in the yard. :)

Time to get to work. 

• Like 2

Bad evening.  Was tired from the trek down to barnyard to save the ducks.  :imoksmiley:   Then making my way thru house slowly....catching a rest at every couch/bed/bench.  Called my mom while sitting on bench outside back door, trying to cool off before going into house.  Breathing hard while trying to haul self and stuff to front door.  Just so exhausting to 'walk' when you can't.  Changed out of barn clothes and dropped on couch to rest again...so talking to my mom in the inbetweens helps pass time. 

Eventually I got returned to back door to pick up muddy [we're in Monsoon Season yea!]  boot and Croc-type shoe for bad foot.  That bedroom is so narrow, can't fit even my squinched up wheelchair.  So I was sit-sliding along edge of waterbed frame......  and somehow FELL OFF!  :scratchhead:  

OWWWW!   Did NOT injure foot.  But fell on my back and scraped thigh on edge of frame board.  And my L thumb got into the mess somewhere.  And my L shoulder.  Just wanted to crawl into bed and never get up!!!!  :gaah:

THANKFULLY I seem to be ok this morning.  Slept well.  But.....now I'm very very edgy about attempting my various ways of motion.  All are risking fall except when I knee-walk.  So that's all I've been doing.  Even did up some dishes :dishes:  from my knees last nite.  See....the figure only has head barely sticking up above the edge of the sink?  That's me.  :rolleyes:

I had a HUGE difficulty getting up into the truck last nite .....to go get ducks inside.  Wasn't sure I was going to be able to hoist up there.  I usually have problem but now is much more risky and difficult.  I positioned a upside-down wheelbarrow next to truck for next time [Sunday nite] but....I need a box I can stand on and then have an attached cord to bring it up into cab with me.  Another adaption and my brain seems to be all dried up on adaption ideas.  Blech!  Falling again, tho no damage apparently, has me a bit freaked. :wacko: I verrrrry much do NOT want to start this foot healing process all over again.  I've gotten all manner of bumps and bruises and scrapes anyway.  Just trying to do things without standing on two feet.  Have a dark bruise on my hand where the crutch fell over on it and the wingnut hit right there, for instance.  ....tired of owies....big and small.   :buttercup:   Honestly, I'm just tired! 

MtRider  ....Day Thirteen.  Am able to apply slight pressure to heel when walking with crutches.  Progress noted with :amen: even if I'm TIRED and freaked.

Companies sure don't make it easy to do business with them huh, Annarchy.

Lovely WE2. I can't do any hot peppers but I'll bet the juice from them would be good to season with too?

Mt. Rider :hug3:.  I know that feeling of anticipating a fall might be around the corner. It isn't fun. I've found myself touching the walls here more often. Sigh.

I need to get our new icemaker making ice!  Good job, WE2!  The back door is in and the steps and deck are in pretty much.  Hopefully, the fence will get started today or tomorrow.  Until then, we are a house divided.  Me and Peanut at the new place and DH, Molly and goats at the old one.  We should be getting our new (to us) couch in a few minutes and family stopping to visit in about an hour and a half.  Almost got all moved from the old house, except what DH needs.  Have a great day, you all!

Oh, and we got satellite hooked up and working yesterday.  Today it doesn't work  oh well

:woohoo:  The first day in forever that I could actually load a MrsS page.  Something with our Internet again cuz DH has same blockade with all his sites and email too.  Painfully...with dogged determination...I could get my church [for prayer requests] and personal email open - most of the time.  But very few other sites.  :motz_6:   I love computers/Internet ......when it works! 

We're in 'monsoon' season so it's cool with rain/storms.  Nice for me.  Could do without the storms and have just cool with occasional rain but hey!  At least we aren't baking like ceramics in a kiln.  :knary:   

My foot is coming along nicely.  With great care I can put the whole foot down while walking....but pretty much all the weight is still on the heel.  It's getting more flexibility back.  Carefuly!  I'm using the crutches more since I don't have to LEAN on them so hard while not putting L foot down.  That gets painful fast.  And it's quite risky....MS impaired balance.  Right after I get up and late at night, everything gets too tired and sore to do much.  I  go back to my "knee scooter" or even knee walking.  But knees are thankful that they are not called upon for such heavy duty now.  Everything is getting easier!  Just need to still be so verrrrrry careful not to fall again or otherwise re-injure.   I have NEVER been so careful in all my life!!!!  Injury at this age and stage in MS ....IS NO FUN AT ALL! 

And it's put too great a strain on DH.  He's having increase in his health issue BECAUSE of having to take over  what I do and keep up his stuff too.  Pray for him too, please!  :pray:

Even mostly stuck in bed those first days, I'm still fairly self-sufficient.  Being full-time mobility-impaired, I'm already set up with what I need around the hospital bed I use...and the recliner chair in living room that I use.  Water bottles, Kleenex, trash bag, books, reading glasses, snacks [protien-beef jerky and other], mints and mint gum for sinus clearing, Nuprin, extra sox, extra sweater, extra short [for getting too hot/too cold]....    I'm listing some of these things in case some of you haven't ever been mobility-impaired or taken care of someone who is.....as prepping suggestions .  Having all that within reach BEFORE I ever injured the foot helped a great deal when this happened. 

The only thing I didn't set up....and nearly did....is the bedside commode.  Have one....at storage.  Not handy like the suddenly-needed crutches.  :amen:  :amen:   So we didn't ever go get it.  I passed the true need for it once I was a couple days into this challenge.  Just things to keep in mind if you or one of yours ever is down due to injury or illness.

A method of communication [out of cell range here] would still be nice.  So I can tell DH to bring up the *whatever* before he gets up the stairs.

Did I see that VIC stopped by?  I couldn't respond and don't know which thread she said a 'hello' but HELLO, MISS YOU, back to her!!!!  :hug3:

I hear thunder so have to unplug. 

MtRider  :wave:  hope my Internet will work now..... 

27 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

Even mostly stuck in bed those first days, I'm still fairly self-sufficient.  Being full-time mobility-impaired, I'm already set up with what I need around the hospital bed I use...and the recliner chair in living room that I use.  Water bottles, Kleenex, trash bag, books, reading glasses, snacks [protien-beef jerky and other], mints and mint gum for sinus clearing, Nuprin, extra sox, extra sweater, extra short [for getting too hot/too cold]....    I'm listing some of these things in case some of you haven't ever been mobility-impaired or taken care of someone who is.....as prepping suggestions .  Having all that within reach BEFORE I ever injured the foot helped a great deal when this happened. 

SNIP

YES! That is exactly what my main prepping journey is all about. Having things handy now incase a time comes when I can't go out and get it myself.

• Like 1

I'm so glad you are recovering well, Mt. Rider!  Our family came and went today.  Stayed about an hour and a half but they are on a mission--FL to Seattle!  So they are on their way again!  Fence is started.  Yay!!!  By Friday we should have goats here!  Satellite for tv won't get fixed again until Friday but we recorded a couple of movies so we are good if we have time to watch them.  It's just a whirlwind around here with dogs not eating because of stress and changes I think.  But we are having fun and it is definitely not boring!!!  I'm off to clean a couple of items and then watch a movie with Peanut, maybe!

• Like 2

Y'all are NOT gonna believe what happened to DH this evening.  :runcirclsmiley2:He went down to get ducks in duckhouse and feed Old Horse her extra rations.  To do that, we put a halter on the other Idiot Horse and tie him to the fence post.  Else he'll eat all her yummies. 

Let me describe that portion at the gate.  We have two wooden posts and two lengths of HEAVY chain for the actual gate.  To support this corner, there is an additional wooden post on each side.  These are wired together with an X of wires to stabilized each section.  Then two strands of 'smooth wire' [as in: NOT barbed wire with dumb horses!]  extend out in either direction.  These wires goes around the pasture are supported with metal T-posts.

When Old horse was almost done, DH stepped into the horse pen thru the "chain-gate" ...between the top and bottom chains.  Simple, right?  Somehow he caught his trailing foot and tripped.  Unfortunately, the ground drops away about a foot on the inside from erosion thru the years.   As he went down, he was close to Idiot horse who was tied to the second post on the left side.  He made a grab for his halter, hoping to stop his fall.  ..........but he missed.  :blink:   Kind wonked Idiot on his horsey cheek. 

THIS is the horse I've been trying to avoid riding.  He's beautiful but his head is nuts.  He jumps and over-reacts to EVERYthing.  As he's aged, he is settling somewhat, but he's not a young horse anyway.  Basically.....HE'S WAAAAY OVERLY DRAMATIC.  

Y'all know where this is going but the end result is astounding!  :o   Idiot is startled, naturally, and YANKS BACKWARD......A LOT !!  We've had a lot of rain for the past week and we have sandy/rocky "soil".  So he yanks back and the post he's tied to PULLS OUT OF THE GROUND

<_<  Which probably startles him further and he keeps going....  The next post, attached to one side of the chains, pulled out next........

DH is flat on his face on the ground by this time.....and thankfully so!  :amen:  The first post probably went the the left of him.  The second post ...he felt it fly over his shoulder and buried himself as flat as possible.  As expected, the heavy linked chains flew over him as well as post #3 which was also lifted from the soggy ground.  Apparently the Idiot [tho at this point, he's not really over-reacting cuz hey---this stuff is CHASING HIM!  Aiiiieeeee!]  is still heading for Arizona!  :runcirclsmiley2:Post #4 actually got snapped off at ground level and followed the rest....all of which are attached to a freaked-out horse.  But he must have been far enough away or.......maybe God just stopped Idiot.  Cuz it was looking like the horse would yank out the entire fence line.  The wood corner posts are supposed to be an anchor for the less stable T-posts.  Six foot shanks of metal flying thru the air are not gonna be good either.  DH has no idea where old horse was during this chaos but likely she ran quick.  The fourth post would have been near her and her food dish. 

:faint3:

DH was a bit dazed but he staggered up.....not hit by any flying posts or chains.  He went over to Idiot who  :amen: held still for him to get the halter off of him.  Both horses went off to the pasture in high agitation!!  At first DH thot he needed to begin putting posts back into holes but it's nearing dusk.  After getting out the shovel and starting, his brain kicks in and he remembers he merely has to put the horses across the driveway to the other pasture....where fencing is still intact.  The horses have not really calmed down.  They come charging back thru the mess and old horse dodges past Koa and into the other pasture.  Koa is tied to the car and is VERY PLEASED TO HAVE EXCITEMENT!   :buttercup:  Let's bark at everything!  :bounce:

Idiot did not go automatically into other pasture.....of COURSE he didn't!  He ended up running out of our driveway....down the road to the neighboring horses in their pasture.  'I'll just have a chat with these guys about our excitement.'  DH and Koa get into car to go fetch him.  He dodges DH's attempt to put the halter/lead rope back on him.....which is frankly somewhat understandable.  He's in high excitement mode....snorting and prancing and flagging his tail.....sheesh!  He heads back down the road towards our place but when DH follows in the car, he returns to the neighbor's driveway.  DH drives back and blocks [mostly] their driveway with the car.  DH  S L O W L Y   approaches Idiot and gets halter on him again.  Walks horse all the way back to our place and gets him in the intact pasture with old horse.  Then has to walk all the way back to fetch car...and Koa inside car.  Dog has had a great time, of course.  :happy0203:  DH's energy/stamina is about shot...to say nothing of what he'll feel like tomorrow after that belly-flop.  Aiiieee!

Meanwhile, I happen out to kitchen and stir the spaghetti sauce and turn the burner down.  I'm wondering why he left it on if it's taking him this long to get back up here.......  First thing he did when he finally made it up to the house...bust inside and run for the stove.  All is well.  Supper was wonderful.....after I stopped gasping :o   and laughing  [since he's obviously okay:008Laughing:  at his adventure. 

Cuz this sounds waaaay too much like one of MY adventures, doesn't it? :busted: This is the sort of thing that happens to me!  "And then THIS HAPPENS....AND THEN THIS HAPPENS.....ETC."

MtRider  ...realllly thanking God....that DH didn't get SERIOUSLY INJURED or dead!  Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!  :0327:

• Like 1

Been for a long walk with next door's doggie already  this morning, been shopping and now some laptop time for myself.

Later on gather things I am taking to a family that is getting a house next week, they're in a shelter now and deep i ndebt. Need to start all over so trying to find them as much as possible from what they need.

Incredibly humid here, today not as hot but do one step and you sweat buckets.

Been to the Spakenburgse dagen yesterday and just spoke with my sister, we might go there next week wednesday together. 

Big step for both of us as we haven't been in contact for years and only since last december we're trying to establish a connection.

No fights or anything, just our very dysfunctional family's past that broke off contact between nearly everybody. So this is a good step forwards.Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 4