MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

The WE2's

Ack... :imoksmiley:  I wasn't even reading our stuff correctly.  Yes, the nurse said to take 4 a day.....2 every 12 hrs. 

Hopefully he won't need all that he's taking for very long.  It is getting better. 

But....that just shows how brain-addled I am right now.  Aiieeee..

Anyway, if he cuts down, I'll be sure to let him know that Aleve would be a good candidate for cutting in half.  :thumbs:

MtRider   :offtobed:

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeepers

• Mt_Rider

• The WE2's

• Annarchy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test results are in.  No COVID!

Every day, you guys. Every. Single. Day. We’ve had 2 days of clear air in the last four weeks. Today this is what my car looked like while sitting overnight under the carport. It’s on the windowsills

When you think you are prepared.... the unexpected happens.   DH lost 1/2 of a filled molar.  The dentist took him, which was a blessing, however, he called me..  the cost to repair it was a

Posted Images

Sure hope he's feeling a lot better pretty soon, Mt. Rider!

Never found my list so I started another one.  I'm not even going to tell friends that I will be down as I won't have any transportation.  My stepmom is still away so I will stay with my friend and just help move.  Today will be a "list on eBay day".  Hope everyone has a great day!

3 hours ago, Ambergris said:

I love the three-day sale option on eBay.

I'm not sure what you mean?  We have a 48 hours to pay option and a store.  I will have to check on that

I see!  We do all buy it now or best offer sales.  For the people who want a good deal but hate to wait.  LOL  We sell a lot of items by best offer (unless they're ridiculous).  I haven't looked at any auctions lately, but I probably should. 

I try so hard to improve my eyesight, take the steroids and eat anti-inflammatory food.

Left eye uveitis is active-ish but the right eye, free of uveitis, has seen a raise in IOP since october. We thought it a fluke, reaction to the drops in the other eye but nope.

Turns out glaucoma runs strong in our family and I'm off to hospital again in 15 minutes.

I had surgery on the left eye, a trabeculectomy, in january cos the side effects of the meds are unbearable.

Now the whole drama starts again and I really don't know what to do anymore.

Either side effects or a second surgery which drs don't like to do if there are meds available.

*slams head to the wall*

Got all the personal laundry washed and on the line.  Will do towels etc tomorrow and change out bedding Wednesday.  Many of you may know that we both volunteer at a local pantry 3 hours each per week...and today they gave us 6 WM bags of green beans, guess who will be jarring up beans tomorrow!  Gonna change some clothes and finish mowing this front yard.  Mr takes care of the Roost and most of the homestead yard.

• Like 1

Aww, Christy.  That's so hard to fight and then ......  :pray: that all will begin to go much better. 

Does this affect your trip then?  :( 

DH and I went on a voyage into town today.  Had to get his recent paycheck and deposit it for an upcoming bill.  My parent's wanted to meet with us so we picked them up and went to Wendy's for lunch.  Wendy's little 50 cent Frosty isn't half bad.  :yum3:  I do love my ice cream.  This is like a cup of thick soft-serve.  Chocolate, of course!

Then while DH talked to folks at his work, I took my dad to store where we get LED light bulbs.  I've been telling them of our success with LED....lasts years.  Taught him to look for NON-dimmable [have heard you shouldn't mix dimmable in a non-dimmable fixture].  Then decide wattage desired.  Then look at the cool/warm chart ...they want warm not green/blue light.  He got 10 bulbs for less than $4/bulb.  We went to their house and installed one.  It's brighter than the regular bulbs but a match for 'warm' light.  Will use a lot less electricity too.  I think that was a success....to be there in person and SHOW him what I've been TELLING him. 

Just a note of interest.....has anyone had their bank HOLD a Cashier's Check?  They have always been considered like cash.  But I guess our technology now allows SOME PEOPLE  to fake them.  :sigh:  What a world.... 

DH is now cutting down on the meds for the back spasm/pain.  He's off the Valium.  Cutting back on the OTC.  The rest is ongoing till he absorbs the blood clot.  He was fit to drive today.....which is a realllly good thing.  Me driving highway is only done with great energy-expenditure and severe concentration.  But I am glad I've had to chance to get used to the car.  Between my folks and us...DH is really the only full-time driver.  ..... :unsure:  Hmm....

He is annoyed that there is only a "small part" of his lung affected and yet he's REALLY puffing with the loss of breath capacity.  He's got another week off work....and is going to need it!  But he's doing MUCH better than even a couple days ago. 

We were both EXHAUSTED by the time we tootled our way home.  2 hrs rest before feeding tonite.  Tho streamlined....it only means opening duck door and filling the water bucket with water fetched earlier in a lighter-weight bucket.  And...walk dog.  Summer is SO EASY!  Winter...not so much.  :buttercup:

MtRider  .....keeping on.....  :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Christy :hug3:. Hope it won't interfere with your trip.

I watched the video We2 and you do have a governor to be proud of. Such accomplishments at a young age!

Glad to read that Mr. Mt. Rider is on the upward swing.

Glad to hear your DH is feeling better, Mt_Rider. 

The beet harvest filled a 5 gallon bucket. One beet was the size of a volleyball!  Netted 11 pints of beets. 

Cooking today for company this evening. 2 batches of Mexican cornbread, coleslaw, refried beens, Mexican rice, and pineapple upside down cake. Company is bringing the meat to cook on my barbecue. DH said, at least 6 people. 

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

• Like 4

:yum3:

We're both wiped out today.  I tried to go down to feed with DH and dog....but I was geting light-headed.  :imoksmiley: Went back upstairs and left it to them.  I then tried to vacuum all that shedding doggie hair that's making me think she's related to sheep!  After an hour, I only had a square yard done....   :motz_6:  First the vacuum wasn't picking up and OHHHH YESSS, the bag  was full.  A tunnel of dog hair backing up the pipe, for pete's sake!  Took a good amount of time and effort to dig out  our very last vacuum bag [thank You, God!]  Then changing the bag....washing hands every few minutes cuz I do get itchy with dust.  Got it going again and immediately.......partially sucked up a plastic bag  [of rocks...huh?].  And yes, it knocked the belt off the post ....so I had to get a screwdriver and dismantle enough to get the belt back on again.  :0327:   Wash hands again and ....rest for a while.  Getting up and down from the floor was really knocking my breath/energy out.  We all need to get down in altitude.

Made French Toast and ham ....then went to bed to do computer for a while. 

MtRider  .....I think I need a nap today.  Yesterday was ....ambitious! 

Wow!  That all looks great Annarchy!  Have fun tonight!

I got my hair cut today, doing laundry, cleaning and puttering.  Brought up my suitcase to pack Thursday.  I will be going to Church with a friend I haven't seen in 11 years.  That will be fun!  We are babysitting brother in laws puppy for 2 days and I'm not sure I'm will make it.  Yikes!  No discipline or training apparently.  Makes our quiet home chaotic!  Hoping this too shall pass.  LOL

Laundry done, packing for Thursday's trip to Flowery Branch, hopefully with DS2 (who has never met anyone on my father's side of the family) and his SO.  Bread Becker's is an hour or so to the west, so might be able to spend a bit of time at the store there.

Edited by Ambergris

Until you mention about the thin air up there I forget how it can affect your breathing and energy level. Could it be an issue with your DH blood clot? I really don't know about high altitude issues.

You should take up spinning and knitting. You have a natural resource right there in your own home!  Koa is old enough to start pulling her own weight around there. Get that puppy a J-O-B.  :grinning-smiley-044:

Annarchy, your dinner looks DE-vine!   :feedme:

Pray your trip is safe and a good time, Ambergris! 

That is a question, Jeepers.  We have not gotten any reason ...any 'how it happened' ....'what caused it'.....'can it happen again' answered.  :shrug:  Has a first visit to a primary care doc mid-month so we'll see if he has any ideas.  The usual causes they look for with blood clots is: lot of surgeries, flying in planes, .... ??  His last surgeries were when he was eight!  

It's too bad the birds are always done with their nests by the time Koa sheds.  There is floating drifts of it all around the deck where we regularlly shed her out daily.  You'd think it could be used for something besides filling my vacuum bags, huh?  The things we use for shedding her out DO resemble the tools used when carding wool......  :rolleyes:

MtRider  ....rested a lot today....NEEDED that! 

• Like 1

I went to Wal-Mart...again. It seems like every time I post here I've just been there. I really don't go as often as it seems. I needed a wooden yard stick and couldn't find one there. Guess I'll have to go to Lowes or Home Depot.

I picked up 2 more of those insulated cups. A couple of other items I had on my running list. Tomorrow I have to wash the Jeep and fill it up. I was going to get gas today but I forgot my lawn mower gas cans. Every thing needs gas around here. Tomorrow I'll mow if it doesn't rain. It won't hurt my feelings if it does. If it rains I'll pull the Jeep out of the garage and call it washed.

Tonight I have to Youtube a video on how to open the gas can spout. I can't figure it out. There is a black ring that has be pushed or adjusted some way to get the spout off. I got some of the old fashion spouts where you don't have to push down when you pour but I used the same ring that came with the jug. Sigh. I've had nothing but trouble with gas cans for a couple of years now. I wish 'they' would just stop.

• Like 1

I'll probably be here sporadically for the next week.  Leave for FL in the morning and taking my kindle and phone and that's it except for everything else, of course!  You all have a great week!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 1
On 8/2/2017 at 10:34 PM, Jeepers said:

Tonight I have to Youtube a video on how to open the gas can spout. I can't figure it out. 

YouTube and Google. How did we ever get along without them??? :24:

Edited by Midnightmom