MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Starting to feel more like myself again - still cant lift, but don't want to push things too much.  Helped Mary sort, fold and pack mountains of clothing & linens washed prior to packing.  Now they are packed.  Then we spend some 'we' time discussing what things to plant on our new place.  She wants magnolias, and was a little disappointed that she cant transplant the one we have here (they don't do well).  I told her to get a couple, we'd plant them where we could see them from inside the house!  Talked over what other things we wanted (peaches, apples, pear, tea, raspberries, strawberries, and rhubarb) right away; what we wanted to experiment with: pomegranates, figs, pawpaws (I keep hearing that old song calling "pick yourself a paw-paw, put it in your pocket"), blueberries, bay laurel and rosemary, green seedless bunch grapes and concords for her, and at least one muscadine to try (she does not like them, Ive never had them.  Maybe I should order some muscadine juice or jam from the nursery that sells them to see what they taste like?).  Don't forget the 'wild' things: Chickasaw plums, chinquapin nuts, and persimmons!  Filberts and pecans (her favorite).  

Things we decided we could live without?  Cherries (too much trouble to beat the birds for them), kiwi, mulberries, dogwoods (edible or not - she is allergic to them), pine nuts, citrus or bananas.  Even 'ginko biloboa'  we do not have any real use for.  Cacti fruits (have to taste those first; dragon fruit seemed insipid though).  

We do like to talk about gardening.....ordered a new paper catalog from www.ediblelandscaping.com since the one I am using is a little old, and they have bigger selections now.  I like them because they are not a "chain" nursery, and take donations from locals of investigation-worthy cultivars for their south-eastern customer base.  I love the idea of planting a pear discovered by someone down in Louisiana as opposed to a clone from New York.  Just me though; I like my nursery stock from close to home!

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 2

I was going to suggest pool noodles for the top of the fencing, but your way sounds like it worked fine, Mt. Rider!  Our power was out for a couple of hours yesterday evening.  Showing me I need new batteries and more lighters.  I know I have plenty of lighters, just don't know where!  I read and dh was on his computer with the battery.  I do like candlelight!  Elderberries grow wild in that area, Kappydell!

Edited by snapshotmiki

I seriously see that part of MrsS goal/purpose is to bring up great ideas and potential dangers as we battle thru this life.  And even tho many of us have been here a long time .....and around the block in life many MANY times....there are a lot of folks who read here and we never get to 'see' them.  I assume some of them might be young adults who have not heard some of these things and.....since in real life I don't have many young people in my life, I pass on things here.  :shrug: 

To any who fit the category.....  :wave:  ....and you all are very welcome to join us in the conversations we have.  Don't worry, we're nice.  And we all act like the class genius :hi: and give answers when someone asks a question.  Even if the question has been around the MrsS block many times.  We like to get data out to folks new to prepping or just a more home-made lifestyle.  

MtRider  ....."we now return to our regularly scheduled program"....  [do they even say that on TV anymore?]  :)

• Like 1

I had my first ever physical therapy session today. All went well. I could do all of the things he did at home except for the massage. Lawsy, it was heavenly. It hurt in a few places but I bit my lip and kept quiet. I want it to be thorough. He gave me some exercises to do. They are the same ones I used to do when I did the Richard Simmons (I know, I know) exercise DVD's.

He brought out one of those big TENS machines for my neck. I told him I had one at home and he said to use it! Mine is pocket transistor radio size but it is stronger and can use a wave motion. Theirs might do that too. Don't know. He used it with heat. Ahhhh. I would use mine more but I was never sure where to properly place the electrodes. Guess I'll buy some more pads if they are still in business. Every time I get on to something I like, it's discontinued.

He said my shoulder problems might be originating from my neck issues. He drew a diagram explaining how it could happen. He said he couldn't cure my neck but hopefully he could make it feel better. I liked his honesty, even though I knew that.

One thing I'm not too happy about is I haven't seen my x-ray. I waited to say something because I thought maybe it would be at the therapist's office. As it is, I'm not real sure where it is. I don't feel like making another o$$ice call just to see them. $$$$$  Sigh. 

I have to go 2 times a week for at least a month. I'm going to stick with it if nothing else for the massages. The only issue I had is they don't speak up. I kept telling him I couldn't hear him. I'm not deaf enough for hearing aides but I do have quite a bit of hearing loss. Humor me people....sheeesh.

One thing I did notice though. I'm not real comfortable mentioning it because I don't want to come across as petty BUT...about four out of five of the therapists there were overweight. A couple of them were way overweight. Not obese just pretty chubby. Well, so am I but I'm not trying to set an example. Maybe I'm wrong to feel that way.  But I was just surprised.  :shrug:

Well, this sounds like a gripe session but it really was a positive experience and I'm glad I started going.

17 hours ago, kappydell said:

Starting to feel more like myself again - still cant lift, but don't want to push things too much.  Helped Mary sort, fold and pack mountains of clothing & linens washed prior to packing.  Now they are packed.  Then we spend some 'we' time discussing what things to plant on our new place.  She wants magnolias, and was a little disappointed that she cant transplant the one we have here (they don't do well).  I told her to get a couple, we'd plant them where we could see them from inside the house!  Talked over what other things we wanted (peaches, apples, pear, tea, raspberries, strawberries, and rhubarb) right away; what we wanted to experiment with: pomegranates, figs, pawpaws (I keep hearing that old song calling "pick yourself a paw-paw, put it in your pocket"), blueberries, bay laurel and rosemary, green seedless bunch grapes and concords for her, and at least one muscadine to try (she does not like them, Ive never had them.  Maybe I should order some muscadine juice or jam from the nursery that sells them to see what they taste like?).  Don't forget the 'wild' things: Chickasaw plums, chinquapin nuts, and persimmons!  Filberts and pecans (her favorite).  

Things we decided we could live without?  Cherries (too much trouble to beat the birds for them), kiwi, mulberries, dogwoods (edible or not - she is allergic to them), pine nuts, citrus or bananas.  Even 'ginko biloboa'  we do not have any real use for.  Cacti fruits (have to taste those first; dragon fruit seemed insipid though).  

We do like to talk about gardening.....ordered a new paper catalog from www.ediblelandscaping.com since the one I am using is a little old, and they have bigger selections now.  I like them because they are not a "chain" nursery, and take donations from locals of investigation-worthy cultivars for their south-eastern customer base.  I love the idea of planting a pear discovered by someone down in Louisiana as opposed to a clone from New York.  Just me though; I like my nursery stock from close to home!

http://www.justfruitsandexotics.com/JFE/  There are muscadines with much thinner skins now.

We sang "picking up pawpaws, put em in my pocket."

Hmph....did it again.  Responded to Jeepers post  and popped me in the middle of the next page.  I seem to be functioning at a lower level during these days of fatigue.  :sassing: 

Rested today.  DH was at work and is coming home now.  Couldn't call my folks today...."All circuits are presently busy...try your call later"  :scratchhead:  But....one call was at 12:30 pm and one was at 10pm.  It was much later and still couldn't.  So I called DH at work [same town] and he could hear me and I couldn't hear him except distant and garbled.  He called me 3X today and that was fine.  Sheeeeeeesh....do we have yet ANOTHER techno problem.  Perhaps we'd be better off with :campfire:       and living in caves. 

Jeepers, your PT sounds like it was a good idea.  Neck bone connected to the shoulder bone.....  And Xrays now are on the computer, aren't they?  They are in the dentist office and the mamogram.  Meaning it would make sense that the PT would have access to them....and show you?  :shrug:  Mebbe?

All y'all southerners are making my mouth water....listing off all the fruit you can grow!!!!!!  :yum3:

Oooo....pool noodles!  Good idea.  I don't have any but that would be an idea to keep in mind, Miki.

MtRider  .....slept 2am to noon-thirty last "night".  Still tired.  Cat purrrrrring is putting me to sleep and DH isn't quite home yet...  :offtobed: 

I have limequats, kaki (japanese persimmon), and pomelo (ancient wild giant grapefruit) ripening now.

My cats are better than a tranquilizer prescription.

• Like 3

RE: medical records on-line.  These computers have to be good for something....for all the bother they are at times.  And if we have to endure being forced to have all of our medical stuff being on-line.....then we'd better have some advantage too! 

Oooooooohhhh......it was a HEAVY LABOR day again.  DH was home and we got the tarp over the dog playpen.  Dog is wondering WHAT we're doing to her playpen.  :)  Pallets inside and started hauling stuff out of garage/basement.  I really HATE RODENTS!  So far we have had to clean/sanitize EVERYTHING coming out.  Fouled on everything.  :motz_6:    

My hands were in cold well water, scrub brush all day.  Good thing the weather has been PERFECT!  [ thank YOU, God!]     :amen:   DH would have to take breaks and I take short breaks frequently.  Have my lawn chair...kept moving it to the shade.  A stool holds all my tools:  branch loppers, saw, hammer, DUCT TAPE, scissors, etc.  So far, the design has been working just fine.  Need to add side panels with much smaller [CHEAPER] tarps.  The best part is that we can both stand up inside without bending over.  NICE!  Hafta dodge under the rafter poles I rigged tho.  Just a little.  I hung red thingies from those poles so we'd remember. 

I am getting super......tired, yes.  But excited.  If only the next new thing in our lives happens before the ROTTEN RODENTS get our stuff all FOULED again.  We have nearly all  stuff in either buckets or totes.  So we're MERELY washing off the outside of the containers.  The inside is safe.....no rodent has penetrated any bucket/tote.  They certainly could, but we haven't found any thus far.  ALL THIS would be necessary if we moved anyway.  Doing it so electrician can get our wires figured out and up to safety standards ....is a good thing too.  We don't have any choice.  :shrug: 

Hoy!  It's a LOT of HEAVY LABOR tho....  We've only got a week to finish.  Now that the tarp is on, I can continue on the days DH is working .......if I can.  :imoksmiley:

:bathbaby:     .....off for a shower/wash hair.  Had a real tangle with some sappy pine branches today so I hope it all comes out of my hair.  

MtRider  ....God help us with the energy expenditure... :pray:

• Like 1

To the tune of 'rawhide".....

Packin, packin, packin.  Though my backs a crackin.  And my brain is rackin, to find....

Where did I put that marker.....is it here or over yonder....I'll find it at the end of the ride.

Pack it in, tape it up, run it out, stack it up, get a box and go and do it agaaaaain.

Do it over, and over, until we call the movers, Soon we'll be stacking things inside.......

We want it to be over, but our time is growing shorter, Who knew it would be such a ride! 

Pack it in, tape it up, run it out, stack it up, get a box and go and do it agaaaaain.

Move it out, pack it up, tape it in, stack it up, get a box, pack it up, move it out, stack it up, crack that whip, Lets go FASTER next time!

(don't strangle me, drill sgt!)

When I get tired, I make up songs. Weird.  But it helps morale.  Since I cant yet lift things, I try to help wherever I can.  Mostly on the (seated) wrap, pack and make more boxes team.  We are making a visible dent!

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

:008Laughing:That's worthy of a prize, Kappy.  Read it to DH.  Cuz even if we aren't moving [YET] ......we're doing all that too!  :0327:

MtRider  .....BTW....the magic marker is in the back pocket!  Always!  Roll of tape is on the wrist. 

Yesterday was wood splitting day for me.  Plum wore myself out!  Got a lot split (thank you Lord for that hydraulic splitter!)  Today was Orthopedic visit day, involving a 3hr drive round trip.  Diagnosis?  Tendonitis in my foot.  Pred pack for 6 days and reassess.

I'm feeling for anyone with sore foot/feet too.  I just stepped in a blasted pasture-varmint hole tonite.....

Today I was solo on the 'Move half the stuff out of basement' fun....  :grinning-smiley-044:   I rested in the morning and went down after I finished a library book [Mitford series] due back Fri.  When DH and I are both working on a this project like yesterday, our combined pace is much faster!  Today I kept switching from hauling stuff out ...to hauling more boards over to cover old broken pallets....to washing the NASTY mouse foulness off of things.  It's easier on muscles to keep changing up.  I got a fair amount done. 

Then I went down to feed.  It's beginning to be a LOT more laborious to feed.  The horses need hay now and they hang out and leave their "deposits"  .....for which I must make "withdrawls".  <_<    Thankfully, after getting down to nearly zero a few wks ago, it's been warm.....and the ducks are still on the pond.   Happy for them, less mess for me.  

So it was getting pretty dusky out by the time I took walk with dog in our pasture.  I'd left my headlamp [  I ALWAYS HAVE THAT WITH ME!] up at the house.  We'd done the rounds, did the business, and were coming back.  I was thinking of how well my formerly injured foot has been doing!!  :amen:   Then the neighbor dog across road and over small ridge began barking.  After a few minutes, Koa suddenly stopped, faced that direction and roared her own bark.  The type of barking that lifts up their front feet from the ground.  :o 

Of course I'm thinking ...it's still bear season....we're OUTTA HERE!  So I took the next step, intending a much faster pace...a run if possible.  Yelled 'LET'S GO!' to Koa.....  

And that's when I stepped in a hole.  Seemed deep enough that I was about to say 'hi' to Alice....tho it's varmint hole not a rabbit's.  I did a tuck N roll....tho badly.  Better than slamming straight down in a 'face-plant'.  Definite OWW tho.  Got to my feet and still limp-hurried back to the truck w/o wasting more time.  No....didn't see whatever the dogs were talking about.  But it was getting darker by the minute.  We're outta here, indeed!

MtRider ....might need my chiro by tomorrow, but it isn't feeling too bad right now.  :amen:

It sprinkled a couple of times this morning.  :D  Now, it is in the mid 80's and rising.

My :scratchhead:Garden,

No parsnips sprouted or carrots.  3 black-eyed peas sprouted and died.  One spinach and one tomato sprouted.  Only a dozen radishes sprouted and maybe a dozen beets.  The zucchini seeds all sprouted and are slowly growing, IDK if all 5 plants will make it, a couple of them are looking frail.  The fava beans all sprouted, however 1/2 look like they are growing well and the other 1/2 are miniatures.  Oddly enough, the transplanted celery is showing new growth and it seems all of the seeds I scattered around it, are growing like a weed.  Of the 5 chili piquin plants, two are hanging in there.  I'd planted onion seeds all around the edge of the garden and maybe a dozen of all the seeds are growing.

Sometimes, I think it isn't worth the cost of water, to try to grow a garden.  :shakinghead:

• Sad 1

It turned out to be a pretty nice day today considering it was down in the 30's last night. About  8:00am some tree trimmers were across the street and down a couple of houses. It sounded like they were in my yard. I had planned to sleep in. Didn't happen.

I had my second therapy session this afternoon. My regular guy was out for personal reasons so I got his substitute. She really put me through the paces. I liked it though. I couldn't do one of the exercises because of my shoulder. She started me out on an exercise type of bike that I loved. I don't know what it's called but you sit down and the pedals are kind of like an elliptical machine. Your legs are straight out in front of you instead of pointing downwards. Also it had those arm things that move back and forth. Wish I had one of those. Probably end up as a clothes rack like the other exercise stuff I've bought. Sigh. It's funny how you like to do that stuff in a gym but not at home.

I mentioned to her when I was doing those stretch bands today that I sort of had a fear of one of the bands snapping and hitting me in the face. She gave me a thing that looks like a very long deflated balloon with a piece of plastic on the end of it to bring home. It's folded in half. You put the hard end in a door and close the door on it and it's supposed to stay there while you use it as a stretch band. It's kind of like a loop. It was nice of her so I didn't mention that I already had some cloth ones.

I thought I was supposed to go Tue. and Thurs. but it's Mon. and Thursday.

I also saw a small-ish pool there too. There was a woman and a therapist in there doing water exercises with a pool noodle. Bet my back would love that.

They didn't have my x-rays there so if I think of it in time I'll call my doctor and see what's up and if I can see them online. 

The only thing I don't like is the stuff they use on their hands when they touch you. I don't know if it's massage lotion or hand sanitizer but it smells bad. I take a shower before I go over there and one when I get home to get the smell off.

AND...my #$%^ printer is on the fritz again. I'm going to try to realign the heads, or whatever it's called and clean the heads to see if that helps. It prints faded and about every 3rd. line is so smudged you can't read it. If it doesn't shape up tonight, it's out the door tomorrow. I'm not playing any more.  :D

Sounds like you had a busy day, Jeepers. Lol, "....cloths line.. " that's what happens to my inversion table when I'm not using it. :whistling:

Sorry you have tendinitis, Vic. Oww. Hope it gets better soon. 

Did I'd you get your packing done, kappydell?

Today was interesting. It would have been much better if I didn't have a nasty headache... all day long.... it's messing with my train of thought. I've had it, now, off and on for a month. Very aggravating, especially when I need to get work done. 

DH & I got our business a Sams club membership and he decided to get the company 2 iPads. (Just what I needed, another "techy" thing to learn.)  We walked the whole store, checking out all the things they offer. We only got a few items. I had to keep a check on him, or he would have gotten a lot more. I have to save for my monthly trip to TX, next week. 

My my trip was postponed for a week, because the CoC meeting was moved to next Thursday. We are having a fashion show, by Stein Mart, and a silent auction. It should be a good time. I enjoy seeing and taking with all the Ladies. 

I hope everyone has a good evening. 

LOL....Jeepers threatening her printer.  Hers and mine will be hanging out on skid row together, commiserating that their people expected them to actually...PRINT THINGS.  :tapfoot:   DH has patience with ours....I  DO  NOT!    :motz_6:

Drive safe, Annarchy.  Ack...your gardening was going so well.... :(

DH was home today and we reallllllly tried to power out a lot of stuff.  If we didn't have to waste so much time SANITIZING EVERYTHING due to rodent foulness....this would be going a LOT faster.  But we stayed at it till after dark.  OHHHH, my aching body.  God, help us endure!  At one point, my arms felt like they were dangling ropes attached to my shoulders.  We have made progress but tomorrow will be taken up mostly with DH's doc visit...find out recent lab results.  AND going to get different tarps for the sides of the temporary shelter for our stuff.  .....mebbe we should just call a moving van before the rodents get their turn at it all AGAIN?  :rolleyes:  This is about the 5 or 6th time I've sanitized the whole area down there....but usually it takes me 8-12 months to do the whole thing...not a week.  :banghead:

I'm asking everyone on our Prayer Concerns group from church....to pray that no one gets Hanta Virus or anything else from the rodent 'dust'....and sheet rock dust if they have to break up the ceiling.  :o

We opened the big garage door today ...first time in about 2 yrs.  Once sealed well, I'm afraid to open in but there's no choice.  Ugh....soooooo verrrrry nasty down in that area.  Gonna have to steal electric outlet from the freezer and use the washer SOON.  First no water and then no electric outlet on washer side of basement.  Long extension cord will do it...but can't forget to plug freezer back in!!!!!!!! 

MtRider  :0327:

Well, my hands are so stiff that I'm hoping typing a bit will loosen them.  Hmm, 6 typos in just one sentence doesn't bode well.... :rolleyes: 

We went into town yesterday....exchanged the tarps which only took about 15 min, then went to DH's doc appt.  Report on recent labs shows that...he's not a young man anymore.  Kinda bummed him out.  "But....I was always....I never had...." he protested.   Nothing too earth-shattering but ....  :sigh:  we're old.  Things to watch.  Meds to buy.  He's already thinking of herbal/nutritional stuff to get his system in balance again.  He brought me home and went back in to work. 

Aaack!  So much to do......  I put the side panel tarps on our "Circus Tent" late last nite......trying to beat out the change in weather forecasted for today.  I was talking to a friend on the phone while I went inside/outside the chain link to fasten the side tarps under the overhang of the roof tarp.  Koa kept me company from inside her greatly-transformed dog playpen.

:o  and I missed something....

At 2AM this morning, I was in bed....reading...getting ready to turn off the light when  WHAMMMO!!!  :twister3:

That expected storm front slammed us.  Felt it from inside the log cabin!  Thot I'd just better check out the window and see how Circus Tent is faring....since adding side tarps added to wind resistance on this WINDY mountain side....   Aiiiieeeeeee.....everything was blowing like crazy.  The roof tarp was lifting up like an inflated children's jump cage.  Worse....the N side of tarp was lifting up and curling back.  Loose side SNAPPING in the gale. 

:groooansmileyf: I'm gonna lose it!

Quickly changed clothes and dressed for cold/wind/moisture flying/darkness ....  Dang...how dumb is my fatigued brain getting, to forget to refasten the roof tarp after getting the wall tarp finished???  I grabbed up some good cordage and scissors and set to making loops and knots.  Only took two tie-downs to bring the roof under control again.  Did a third for good measure.  Then did a good scan, inside and out, to see how this structure of mine was going to react to REAL WIND.  Had to pound the long stakes to anchor roof tarp on the W side...as I'd planned to do.  Adjusted here and there.  Fiddled. Watching....

Filling up the structure before I'd actually completed it was now causing me problems.   So there I was pounding in short fencing stakes at 2am in a storm that fortunately had just a bit of rain spitting.  Cold tho....trying to be ice.  Asking God to watch my back without Koa beside me..... {lions and tigers and bears.....oh my!}    At one point I began to be concerned that this structure is not ANCHORED!  Being a chain link dog kennel.....didn't need to be.  Now......ahhhh?   Does have some braces against the windy south side.  :shrug::shrug:  

So I watched it for a while as the blasts of wind tried to batter it.  The front section of chain link and about 4' on each side are still flow-thru ...no tarp.  Probably good.  I did have to move a couple things sitting inside ther, that I didn't want getting wet.  Finally decided it would hold and went to secure an old battered tarp over other stuff we're emptying out of garage/basement.  I'd tucked things under porch in case of rain.  Ahhhhh......not WIND like this tho.  So I tucked in a bit better.  Tied more supports there too. 

.......................and then it stopped.  The wind died.  The light rain ceased.  :blink:   Just......  QUIET  .....where there had been roar.

:happy0203:

"This has been a test of the EMERGENCY CIRCUS TENT....had this been the real thing, you would have seen continued wind, precipitation, and mayhem...."   :lol: 

I went back upstairs, calmed the worried dog, and went to bed.  :offtobed:   Today....it's sunny.  :scratchhead: 

MtRider  ....anyone else have a just plain WEIRD life?  :rolleyes: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3

We are beginning to see our packing efforts literally piling up.  Brother George (I'm gonna miss him soooooooo much) came by and Mary & he went to the land fill with two loads of refuse.

True to our upbringing he found stuff to bring back for his prepper-stash.....an uncut 3/4 inch plywood flat (new, pristine condition) and a canvas tool holder (to replace one he totally wore out at work).  We have to minimize our trips there too.  Last time Mary & I went (sev yrs ago) we ended up bringing home a cord of fresh cut maple wood that a tree cutting business had just dropped off!  It is so true for us, that one man's trash is another's' treasure.  Our back neighbor (who was so kind as to bring his gas wood splitter over to help us split wood several times) came over and picked up 3 cords of dry seasoned wood.  We won't need it, and he burns wood in the winter.  He was happy to find our wood was all seasoned & dry maple - burns nicely.

We dug up lily bulbs and flower bulbs for his wife, who admired the flowers, and she dug up a plug of old fashioned yarrow for me to take along for my 'wild herb' collection down in Ga.  We are also swapping peonies (roots) for rhubarb (crowns) so I can put rhubarb in right away.  

Went to see  both my surgeons this week; got chewed out for not eating enough to rebuild my red blood cells.  Good thing I like liver & onions and liver sausage!  We did take some Jerusalem artichokes to the Kidney doc, we mentioned picking them and he thought we meant regular artichokes - he was fascinated by the tubers and says he will try them out, as well as share them with his physician's assistant, who does know about food foraging, it is a hobby of hers.  The kidney cancer was benign; however, upon examination of the ovaries that were removed, there think they might have found a few uterine cells, so off to the Mayo clinic for a closer look, before we determine any further treatment needs.  Hopefully just monitoring (CT scan every 6 months), but they will need the further exam before they will know for sure.  I feel much better, but the lifting/activity restrictions are chafing.  So I dug out my crochet hooks and am making potholders & dish cloths for the new kitchen.

Dr Nick is interesting to talk with; I learned from him that when a cancer spreads, it spreads with the same kind of cells as the original...for example, a lung cancer that goes to the uterus, for example, would show up as lung cells in the wrong place!  Weird, but interesting.  So the uterine cells in an ovary is an anamoly they need to check on.  

I had a good day today. Hope everyone else did too. I got up kind of early and got some stuff done inside the house. I got that printer working again. I did the head realigning and cleaning and it works like a new one...again. Looks like the threat worked.

My neck is no better and my shoulder is worse. But, I'm continuing with my exercises to help strengthen and relax my neck/shoulder muscles. Advil seems to work as well as the anti-inflammatory Dr. prescribed plus doesn't hurt my stomach. I'll give it another week though. It doesn't hurt all that bad. The stomach I mean.

A busy day tomorrow. Shopping, errands, pay some bills, dump some trash, med pick up, gas up the Jeep and put gas in the gas cans for winter (if I can get the lids off), mow the yard, swing by DR. to see how to get on line views and go to physical therapy at 2:30.

I have a list made out or else I'd never remember half of it.  :rolleyes:

I wonder...do they make really small eraser boards? Kind of like a big sticky note. I could take that with me and just rub out what I already did. My phone isn't on line so I have zero Apps. for list making. Phone is never charged anyway. I'd be lost without my sticky notes. I buy them in bulk. But they are wasteful.

We had a storm this morning!  Got a tornado warning, then hail and them the lights went off.  Turns out a huge tree took out (completely) an unoccupied house catty cornered to us.  About 3 foot across, the tree was so big, you couldn't see the house underneath it!  We heard lightening and hail, but that was it.  I put a photo on facebook but don't know how to downsize it to put it on MrsS.  

Aside from that, I can't sleep!  6 hours is the most I've gotten in a few weeks, usually 3-5.  Dr. gave me 50 mg. amytriptaline a year ago or more and I always cut them in half as I didn't want to take more than needed, but I will start taking the whole pill and see if that helps.  I don't like taking them at all because since I am not depressed they tend to make me weepy and whiney.  No naps either!  But I got to get some sleep!!!

Ugh Miki. I hope you get some good sleep real soon! I know how that goes.  :hug3:

I got some generic Ambien (Zolpidem 10 mg.) from my doctor for when I have those spells. I only take it 3-4 times a month but it really helps me fall asleep at night and get my sleep pattern back in order. No strangeness like I've seen on TV and no groggy after effects. It just allows me to fall asleep when I go to bed.

That's frightening about your neighbors house. Good thing it is empty! Not to be mean or anything but I'm glad it wasn't your house.

If you have Windows it comes with a program called Paint. I send my pictures there and resize them.  

• Like 1

Whoa...Miki!  Glad it wasn't your house...and it wasn't occupied!  Good luck with sleep.  I just take a half....and sometimes another half each nite.  MS totally screws up sleeping...since I was a kid.

LOL Jeepers....looks like you told that printer a thing or two.  Wanna talk to mine?  :lol:

Mostly a rest day...just a bit while waiting on the dryer to finish so I could put in 2nd load.  4 loads done [lot of DIRTY DUSTY clothes from cleaning] in the past 2 days and remembered to give the chest freezer the working outlet when washer was done.  :buttercup: 

J called and they're going to start the electric search Thurs...not tomorrow.  That's fine....can fiddle with making access a bit better.  Maybe get some rest for the over-used muscles.

MtRider  :offtobed: