MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

20 hours ago, Jeepers said:

A busy day tomorrow. Shopping, errands, pay some bills, dump some trash, med pick up, gas up the Jeep and put gas in the gas cans for winter (if I can get the lids off), mow the yard, swing by DR. to see how to get on line views and go to physical therapy at 2:30.

^Snip^

I went to P.T.  That's it.  Big plans.  Fail.  :008Laughing:

It poured down rain all day and I didn't get anything done. I did call in my med refill but it won't be ready until tomorrow. My Dr. office said I could get a copy of my x-rays at the hospital where I had them done. I called for them but the office was closed...at 4:00. Nice hours. So, tomorrow will be another day...if it doesn't rain.  :D

7 hours ago, Ambergris said:

Don't forget golden milk as an anti-inflammatory.

'golden milk'' ????

LOL...Jeepers.  Some days just simply refuse to go as scheduled!

I was FLATTENED today.  Got a bit done later.  DH had to adjust me...jaw canker sore was SORE...ACHING...PAIN.  Got that calmed down and just rested...nap...  Felt pretty normal by the time I had to do evening feeding.  Did a little in basement/garage....just cleaning and found some stuff that needs to be Somewhere Known To Me.  :rolleyes:

MtRider ...................

Yesterday was spent spinning our wheels, You know the kind of day where Lowe's is out of stock..can't get any help.  Dh got frustrated and it seems like everything else we tried to get done had some sort of snag. Frustrating. If I hear "sorry about that" one more time..grrr. It was also my dead Mom's bday and it makes me think about her all day long.  On the good side, my Aunt (Moms sister) called and we chatted for 2 hours.  She is my only "normal" relative so I enjoy talking to her. We talk about once a month and it is always fun.

It is finally cooling down but we still have all our leaves on the trees. DH and I are trying to get alot done outside while it is so nice. I don't think we'll ever get caught up.  I told DH he'll need to live to 100 to get his chore list completed.

I hope all of us struggling with pain and chronic conditions have a painfree day!

• Like 1

I’ve been busy preparing for my trip tomorrow. We have strong winds and mid 80’s. Whoosh!

Put in a request with IPS about the sig lines. 

Refilled the chicken feeder, that way DH doesn’t have to worry about it while I am gone. Yesterday we saw a white & black rat in the shed, I set the trap and DH will keep an eye on it.  I’ll be prepping the ferret supplies later and packing my suitcase later today. I still need to run some errands and wash the layers of dust off the car. MIL has me chauffeuring some of the Ladies to the CoC meeting Thursday and I want the car to look sorta nice. 

Time for me to get back at it. 

Sounds like a lot of us had a frustrating day yesterday.

It's chilly and raining here again today. No matter, I still have to go get the errands done which includes med pick up and dropping off the bills at the post office. Might as well get the rest of the stuff on the list done too.

I called about seeing my neck x-rays. Crimony. What an ordeal to see something already mine. First the radiology office hours are 8:00 to 3:30. I would have thought 9:00 to 5:00 would benefit more people. Shows what I know. Anyway....

After calling three different places I finally get the recording I need. I never did get a real person. I know I'm going to be in a foul mood right off the bat when I'm prompted to press #1 for English. It turns out there is a process hoops you need to go through to see them. My doctor has to request them in written form and has to send the signed letter to them to get a copy. If I want a copy (I do) I ALSO have to send a signed letter and pay an additional $8.00 for shipping. In other words...no pick-ups. Everything has to go through the mail. Even the doctors request to see them.

And why would my doctor send me for neck x-rays and prescribe an anti-inflammatory and physical therapy and not want to see the actual x-rays? I think of these things too late to ask.  

So, I called my doctor’s office, again, and told them what they need to do. I told them to have the x-rays sent to their office and I'd pick them up there because otherwise I'd have to draft a letter, have both the doctor and I sign it and pay an additional $8.00 to get them sent to me. She asked me If I've tried calling them (her) about this. Yes ma'am.....YESTERDAY.  She said she'd have someone get back to me by Thursday.

Have they never had their patients x-rays sent to them before? Don't they know their own procedure? I didn't go out of their health care system. It is their affiliation. And, I would have had them done right there in their office if they hadn't let the battery to the machine die...for going on two weeks, according to the doctor. They have known it's been dead for two weeks? Does an x-ray machine even use a battery?  Don't know.

I have to go back to the doctor in three months to get my meds refilled so I'll see about getting my info online then. If not before. I know I'm going to have an ordeal with them and my pharmacy then too. I want all of my meds due at the same date!!! I have 4 different dates now and it's confusing. Not to mention the extra trips. The trouble is mostly with the pharmacy. When the refills run out they call my doctor for an extra refill but that keeps throwing the whole thing off. It's a nice gesture but one I don't want.

I want to see my x-rays for obvious reasons. They are mine. I want to see what shape my neck is really in and I want to be able to track the rate of degeneration through the years myself. Also, if/when I move I'd like to take them with me.

Sorry about the rant but health care issues seem to be my trigger this year.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:56 AM, Momo said:

I told DH he'll need to live to 100 to get his chore list completed.

LOL Momo.....  Same here!!!! 

Wow, Jeepers.  Frankly ....all that process is baloney.  In a digital age, NO WAY that should be that hard.  Someone needs to get a clue.  ......course I've yet to see ANYONE 'get a clue' at my suggestion or demand.  :sigh:  Good luck with that.  Meanwhile, watch out you don't strain something in your neck just from being irritated with insanity....  :(

The electrician starts tomorrow and we're ready.  Basement/garage area is clear enough for him to work in many areas.  I tried to clear wherever I could see Romex or under light bulbs or near both  [and in: we have only TWO] outlets.  I hope it's done in one day and not day after day .  Sure hope we don't have to go with power turned off.....possibility of snow tommorrow.  Pond is beginning to freeze partially during the night.  :frozen: 

Once the electric is done, DH and I will continue to Purge and Sanitize the rest of the garage.  That will be about the 5th time in two decades.  THEN TOO....I hope the sonic rodent repellers will work....once we have an outlet to plug into down there.

MtRider .....very tired but feeling good about things... :amen:

• Like 1

Rats!  

DH & I saw this rat near the edge of our yard. The dogs chased it away (back into the neighbors yard), then, I saw it heading down the alley.  A couple of days later, Gunny & I were looking at the stars around 4am and I saw it run right at Gunny. He freaked out and jumped up, they both went in different directions. :)

3 days ago, DH left the shed door open and Gunny chased it into the shed. I set the trap. The next day, the bird seed was gone, but the trap wasn’t tripped. I cleaned it up, oiled the moving parts and reset it, using a small piece of cinnamon roll. TaDa!  Got “her” this morning. She looked like she has been recently nursing. Darn!  

I took her out into the desert and released her, came home and finished packing. 

The trip went well, strong winds, but no dust, thank God!  A lot of 18 wheelers and motor homes. 

It was 85 when I left and 75 when I got here. The forcast is saying Friday’s high is supposed to be 65 and possibly a freeze warning. Wow, I am glad I brought a sweater. 

Jeepers, I had to walk into my Dr office and request my med records. Since they were preparing to move into another building, they printed them out for me. I used the excuse that I travel every month and needed them, just in case something happened. 

Hope you get all the rat/mouse stuff cleaned up, MtR.  When I get home, I have to make sure ‘she’ didn’t leave babies in our shed.  :shakinghead:

Time to get some sleep.  

214154A9-2C97-40C9-9CDC-AD67BD9712D5.jpeg

Doctors office called today and said my x-rays were ready for pick-up. WOW! That was fast! Great job doctor's office! So I go over to get them and....it was only the results, that I already knew were there. Only a piece of paper. O.M.G. I had to fill out a form requesting them and it will be sent in tomorrow or Friday. My money is on Friday. I THINK they are sending a CD but I'm not sure. I kept my cool but I was talking loud. I reminded her to send them to their office so I didn't have to pay an extra charge. In other words no x-rays for me today.

I do carry stress in my shoulders. The second therapist said she wanted to get my ears off of my shoulders with massage and exercises, I want to find one of those shiatsu shoulder massagers.

At least with the written out paper I can read what all is wrong. Sort of eye opening. I'm definitely going to have to look up some new long words on Google. It said there was no soft tissue damage and I'm not sure I agree with that. Probably pain and damage isn't the same thing. I can understand that but I wasn't aware that x-rays could see soft tissue.  

So, I did what every self respecting crazy mad woman would do. I did some more therapy. Retail Therapy. I went to The Dollar Tree Store. I got some chip clips and scouring pads. Also some Ike and Mikes candy and some sour cream and some bar-b-q corn nuts. Oh and somehow a box of chocolate twinkies jumped into my cart unnoticed by me and ended up coming in my house.  :-)

I ended up buying about a dozen sets of flash cards for my g'dson. They are the basic sizes and shapes and colors, etc. I think numbers and A B C's. Bigger or smaller  what's the difference and all that stuff. They should be useful in a year or so and were only a dollar a set. I saw a lady on a canning show channel who is doing home schooling and she took a bunch of flashcards too. She laminated hers and made a hole through one corner of her the card and used a key ring to hold them together. Sounded like a fun thing to do. I still have plenty of time to get them ready. If I can't use the laminator cards I suppose I'll have to get a laminator. I get myself in more fixes.

Hope your electrical work goes smoothly and very fast. I also hope they stir up those nasty mice so much they won't want to stay! Enough with those gnawing buck toothed, fuzzy butted, bladder leaking, rodents.

Oh my Annarchy...Definitely another tame throw away. He is kinda cute though. If it wasn't for those bald tails.  Shudder.

Went to therapy today. Every time I go they keep adding more stuff. It's good though. That's what I'm going for... I keep telling myself.

I hate to say anything because I don't want to jinx it BUT I think my shoulder is starting to get better. I was able to do one stretching exercise today that I haven't been able to do since I started there.

Next Monday I'm going to ask for the next harder bands to pull. I hate those things though. I'm so afraid one will snap and put my eye out. They do wear thin and if they are going to break on someone we all know who will be on the other end. :hi:   I got the scare of my life today. I had to stand in front of the mirror and do the weights. Dang. I really didn't realize I looked that bad. Someone got old and chubby overnight.

I got my x-ray CD today. The image is about the size of a dime. Seriously. Unless I'm doing something wrong with my computer; figure those odds. All that fussing and I still can't see it. I'll mess with it some more but I don't hold out much hope.

A young man came over today and dug up the dead rose bushes for me today!  Yay!  I already planted the new ones and am getting blueberry bushes tomorrow, 2 or 3.   I went to a senior function at Church and it was interesting.  They are re-organizing everything and I hope we will do something of service part of the time.  Like visiting nursing homes.  Singing might not be of service if I am involved, more of a torture.  LOL  Maybe I can lip synch!  

I am so grateful for the cooler weather we are having now!  Hope it continues!

• Like 2

We went to the CoC Fashion show. The styles seemed to be more geared to our older age group. A few mini skirts for the young’uns.  

One of the Ladies was talking to several women next and behind my chair about the woes of watching late night shopping channels, then lifted her shirt to show off her new bra. :blink:  Her comment, when I blushed and looked away was, “Heck, I’m 70, what does it matter at my age.”  The other ladies laughed.   Now that put a new twist on our fashion show. 

The silent auction went well. I ended up getting a glass hanging bird feeder. It will make a nice Christmas gift for someone. Some of the things up for auction were jewelry, purses, paintings, gift baskets with soaps and lotions, cashmere sweaters and such.  This years proceeds go to promoting education and scholarships. 

We had two tables of women from the Juarez Women’s Department of the CoC. It was nice to see so many more (younger) Ladies there. 

I’m heading to bed. I didn’t sleep much last night and I have to take the car in for an oil change at 7am. First come first served at that dealership. 

I hope everyone has a restful evening. 

008B48C2-DB60-491F-AF09-7CF06E05AA5B.jpeg

• Like 3
On 10/26/2017 at 12:20 AM, Jeepers said:

Hope your electrical work goes smoothly and very fast. I also hope they stir up those nasty mice so much they won't want to stay! Enough with those gnawing buck toothed, fuzzy butted, bladder leaking, rodents.

Agree totally with  your rodent description!  :gaah:

:amen:  electric is done in 3 hrs :amen:    He decided to just disconnect the offending wire and place a new wire.  No destruction of sheet rock ceiling necessary.  :amen:   they were impressed with the clear spaces for him to work.... and he needed a good deal of it cuz electric wires go around the perimeter.  So does all the STUFF we have in basements... 

More things happening that might indicate God is preparing us for a major CHANGE.  So other things getting resolved.  :amen:

My one-year old laptop is now apparently unable to connect to Internet...even with Ethernet cord.  :gaah:  So I'm awkwardly using DH's.  Everhting is in different places. 

We got an inch of snow last nite and I need to make sure the Circus Tent roof is shedding the melt water.  Poke a broom up from withing to drain it. 

MtRider .....

Smooshed a cockroach the other day. Told the office. My apt. and the ones above me and next to me are now scheduled for a "Complete Cleanout Service." That means I have to empty ALL of the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and bathroom as well as clearing off the counter tops. Then, once they've treated, I have to leave with my dog for 4 hours, then wipe down all surfaces once I get back. Sounds exhausting. But I'm glad they're taking a nuclear bomb to this problem before it gets out of hand!!!

Gleened the garden today...supposed to get a hard freeze tonight so figured we'd just go ahead and pick it all.  Lots of green beans again so I just vacuum sealed them up and put them with the rest of my "stash".  I'll can them before too much longer.  Got lots of green bell peppers but they're small (probably lots of seeds?) and 2 small eggplant.  Anyway, I'll deal with them!  Just got back from a few days camping.  Just left the TT winterized and put several gallon jugs of water in the shower to use for washing etc., and plenty of drinking water for my coffee and for cooking.  Had planned to stay out a few more days but I was just tired and I think he and Abby-girl were also.  We took the extra $ and visited "Book-A-Million" and I got two new to me  Ball canning a preserving books (not the blue book) and a huge content book on medicial herbs etc.  Mr. got several carpentry related books.  Finally did turn on the heat here and at the homestead and will have to go to the Roost and turn the heat on there also  Took my Aloe plants and several of my herb pots upstairs at the homestead house and set them on my little green house rack, in front of a east side window.  It stays about 50 or so up there in the winter so hopefully they'll winter.

• Like 1

Added some additional nutrition to our mornings...smoothies made with bananas, blue berries, Beet powder, Hemp hearts, Chia seed and ground flax seed...in orange juice.  Yummy! We've also started taking Moringa caps to help with arthritis (some swear by it) and I do believe it's helped us...even though they say it takes 3-4 weeks to start noticing it.  We've been taking it 2 weeks.  He also started taking a suppliement specifically for arthritis and he says he really does feel better when he gets up in the mornings.  And Jeepers...we also have our little "massage mousies" and love them.  He had his and I have mine.  As for the gelatin pads, I'm pretty sure I can still get new ones but not sure if they'd work on his or yours?  Check out "Massage Mouse" and perhaps you'll find one like mine and maybe the pads will fit yours?  Sort of disappointed in the mechanic that's working on my van (Miss B).  Checked with him last weekend and he hasn't even started on it and has already bought parts so...we're stuck until he "gets around to it" I guess?   Grrrrr! Our only consolutation is that he's excellent at his work.  The problem is that he took on a 9 to 5 and is his garage has slowed to a crawl.  We're thinking he's burnt out on mechanical work (and the hours) ???

• Like 1

Woke up at 4am and rolled over and woke up at 5am. That gave me an hour and a half to get out the door. The wind was really blowing and it was cold.  I had opened the window last night and was chilled. About 6:30 I put on my watch and noticed it said it was only 6am!  Mom’s maids must have bumped the buttons. Waited the extra 1/2 hour and left the house. 

Got out to the dealership first in line. :lol:  Then, read their operating hours... 7:30am. Ok, I guess I was ment to be there early. Got the car scheduled and signed up for the curtesy ride home. All the signs said it would go at 8:10. Sat around until the service manager came in and said my car had a recall for the air bag around 9. Mom called to see if I was coming home. I didn’t know, cause the sign also said that if the service took less than 2 hours, the shuttle service was not available. Then, at 9:30 I got called to the service desk and was told the shuttle was coming. I went home and we waited until 11:30 when they called and said it was done. 

Mom drove me....to the funeral home she wants us to use for her, then we finally got my car. We got back to the house around 12:30. Then she decided we were going to go to Golden Corral. We left at 1:15. On the drive back home she INSISTED I go to the eye doctor. He said my eyes had changed a lot. So... I can see clearly again. We finally got home around 6pm. 

I sprayed the the wasp nest and covered her outdoor faucets. And..collapsed in the chair and did a little reading before DH sent me a picture of a spider web. He said, that was the reason he washed the vehicles yesterday. 

Long day. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.....and my headache will subside. 

2A5C868F-2672-4CB8-B494-8DB06F659BD3.jpeg

7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Glad the electrical work is finished!!!! Hopefully no more issues!

Ack...DH just got jury duty.  That would be fine except it's the day before he has to take me to the city for surgery to remove basal {sp} cells on my face.  It's in a couple wks.  I cannot drive...impossible and they wouldn't let me drive afterward anyway.  I'll be using wheelchair on the way outta there.  AND DH has to be there to make sure my MS stuff doesn't go wacko during the long ordeal of cutting......lab test....maybe more cutting to get it all.  Then sew it up. 

I know people get creative in trying to avoid jury duty but this is serious for me!  :pray:

Midnight....you have my sympathy, for sure.  Similar to our rodent clean-out.  But we also had to do that for roaches AND for termites [tent over the whole house] while we lived on Maui.  Since the termite stuff is a nerve toxin, we arranged to stay out 24 hrs for that one.  It gets the cockroaches too, if you have them.  And then all the clean up.  It's a big job.  But yes..... don't want those critters to get a start.  :shakinghead:

MtRider  :animal0017: