MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

2 hours ago, Momo said:

The next am I woke up and looked out the window and the trap was upside down on the porch railing with the little mouse swaying upside down by his tail. What a picture.

:008Laughing:That's the type of picture to see, Momo.  No mercy for the varmints!     :fryingpan:

Hope you get the septic figured out without paying an arm and leg!

I have a harsh week coming up.  I think I need to see a dentist [at my clinic that irritates us so much] about this jaw PAIN.  Something isn't right.  :scratchhead:  Then on Wed, DH takes me up and down the mountain to city.  Out patient surgery on my face for basal cancer cell removal.  They warn me it will be a long procedure with running samples to the lab in between chopping.  <_<    DH will be there.  Local anesthetic only  but aiiiiieeee.  I am SO way beyond my last nerve with all that's been going on....and then WIND. And now the jaw nerve pain......   Have no idea when dentist is up here in our mountain clinic.  But can't cancel other surgery. 

:sassing:

MtRider  ...prayer appreciated.....  Help, God!  :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Sad 1

The weather this past week has been "bleary"?  Foggy, cloudy, misty, chilly...does that sound like "bleary" to you?  Went to the city Friday and Saturday and bought several of the Foxfire books at Half Price Books, but had to drive to several different ones (2 across the state line) to find the ones we got.  Stopped at the Restore Store (Habitate For Humanity...donation store) and found my much wanted bathroom med cabinet.  Very pretty wood finish with all the hardware for the interior wood shelves...3-panel type with mirror on each panel...saved over a hundred bucks!  So the only thing left to buy for the bathroom remodel at the homestead will be the step in shower.  Right now it's a big gapping hole...until Mr. runs the new pex plumbing, insulates the floor and walls etc., then comes the flooring.  Today I opened the spikets on the rain catchment barrels and let them start draining.  Will have to start pulling the dead garden plants.  We'll be taking them all to the city composting plant (their compost gets hot enough to kill everything) since we had such a battle with the bugs this year.  Don't want to re-introduce that into next year's garden. 

• Like 1

A week or so ago, we took the travel trailer out for a few days.  Filled 8 water jugs so and left the TT winterized.  Since they stole both house batteries we had to stay at a campground for sure...for the electricity.  Found out out 3-way frig does NOT work without house batteries, even though it's capable of cooling on propane.  Guess it has something to do with the alarms etc.  Anyway...we enjoyed the rest and relaxation.  Visited Books A Million and found a couple more canning/preserving books by Ball to add to my library.  Also picked up an old copy of Putting Food By this past weekend at Half Price Books! It was quite chilly but we still had a lot of fun.  When the forecast say the night would be 37, we hitched up and headed home!

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

• Like 3

Nice size 'pie'  pumpkins. The smaller the better. Your broccoli looks yummy too. I wish I had more freezer space.

Looks like you had a great mini vaca too! Loved looking at the horses work. I wish we had the Books-A-Million or a Half Price book store around here. Then again, it's probably a good thing I don't $$$$.

Holy Cow. It's been raining all day. About an hour ago the wind started and it sounded like a tornado was going through. The rain was coming down fast and furious and blowing sideways so hard I couldn't see across the street. I actually felt the house shake at one time. More fence fell down with a bang.

It took me by surprise. I ran to the front of the house to look outside and forgot I had a big box sitting on the floor. I fell over it and went sprawling. My leg, butt and arm looks like I've been beaten. Not to mention my hand is still bruised in two places from the IV's I got last week. I'm okay but I always think about blood clots when I bang myself around. 

I need to learn to start turning on the lights when I go in a room. Or better yet, keep stuff picked up off of the floor.  :busted:

• Sad 1

Aaack, Jeepers!  I think that WIND I've been talking about has arrived in your region.  Nasty stuff!  Be careful you aren't under something that might fall....

And speaking of falling... aiieee...  You've been having a bad time lately.  Take it easy, friend.

Still WIND here today....but I think, not so much.  DH went up the hill on neighbor's land....to collect some of our junk that's blown up there.  Every BIG WIND we have to do that....even when we haven't had thing all over everywhere like right now.  This kind of wind is buffeting...keeps slamming against things till it gives or breaks or rips.  :(

I'm feeling a bit better...

Nice pic, WE2

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

• Like 1

Well, fall certainly fell last night. The crash I heard was one of my mature trees falling. Of course it fell on the back part of my nasty neighbors workshop. It was a huge tree too! Like the one Miki posted a week or so ago. Sigh. There are trees and part of trees down all over the town. It's a mess around here. I went over to my insurance guy and he confirmed that the neighbor was responsible for the damage to his property and I to mine. I knew that but needed to confirm before the neighbor comes knocking...and he will. I need to get the tree service guy out here to remove the tree from my yard and cut the rest of it down. I know they will be busy so I'll wait a day or two so the more damaging trees can be taken care of first. There is a stump about 5 ft. tall left. At least it looks like it from my window and it's very jagged and looks dangerous. I need it sawed off straight.

Power is out in 3 counties around me including my county. For some reason mine stayed on. I'm thankful because if I have no power I can't get my garage door open and I have P.T. today. I can't believe how fast that storm blew up. It was pretty fierce too.

I have a call into a guy who is supposed to do fence removal so hopefully he can get this blasted fence out of here once and for all this week. I have two numbers and if he doesn't call back today I'll try the other guy.

Thanks Miki. I was out and about today and there is so much damage. Some trees are down and a lot of trees were split down the middle. Some on houses. I heard on the news that a tornado went through in a town just east of me. I wouldn't be surprised if we had one too.

I was gone most of the day so I don't know if he was over or not. Probably. They have a huge pine tree down in their front side yard of their house. I couldn't tell if it hit their house or their neighbor on the other side. It about had to hit one or the other or both. It is a huge tree and it split in half and then it uprooted. Or vice-a-versa. The root ball is massive. I'll call about getting the tree out of my back yard tomorrow.

The fence guy didn't call back today so I'll call the other guy tomorrow. I'm not messing around with it. First come gets the job.

• Like 1

:o   Good heavens, Jeepers!  I do remember those mid-western storms.  Hiding down in the basement.....dirt floor.... limestone walls.... :animal0017:   Ick!  One storm was so strong the rain water was squirting in between the limestones.  Might have been the time a small twister took our wooden corn crib down  :twister3:

Glad you and neighbors seem to be ok.  Sawyers are going to be busy.  Maybe your neighbor's pine tree will keep him so busy he stays off your case.  :pray:

MtRider  .....our wind was finally just wind today.  Finally! 

The news said 9 tornados went through N.E. Ohio Sunday.

The neighbor is having his part of the damage to his property done today. The tree removal guys are there now. They are using my yard for their equipment. I could be a poop-head like he is and raise a stink but I'm letting it go. I really don't care but I know he would handle it differently if the tables were turned. He doesn't know it but I'm waiting until he gets his property done before I call the tree removal for my side because he has more damage than I do. God knows though.  I need to call another fence company today. Sigh. 

I'm thinking because one of his trees fell onto his other neighbors property, he is laying off of me. It would be a pot/kettle situation.

We are supposed to vote today too. They have alerted people that some of the polling areas may have moved because of damage. Mine is a local school and thankfully (for the school) there is minimal damage. Just a few large branches behind the parking lot.

• Like 2

I got ahold of a regular fence company and they are going to do an estimate Thurs. afternoon. I'll be so glad to get rid of that albatross. It's been a thorn in my side for a long time now.

I suppose it was a good thing the other 2 places didn't call back. They were contractors that Home Depot recommended. I thought I read online where Home Depot did fence removal. Anyway, just thinking about it, I might have had to pay for the contractor and the removal guys so it's probably just as well.

4 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I'm thinking because one of his trees fell onto his other neighbors property, he is laying off of me. It would be a pot/kettle situation.

:lol:  :thumbs:

God has your back on this one! 

Odd time for tornadoes....tho they can happen most of the year. 

I'm trying to be totally ready to walk out the door to travel and hour and half to surgery tomorrow.  I get all hyper about being ready/packed up.  When one travels that far....with as many ISSUES as I have.....and with how brainless I can get if I'm rushed......  :sassing:    It's just best to get it all out of the way ahead of time. 

I'm thinking of wearing shorts so I'm cool enough in the exam/surgery room.  But since :frozen:  is visiting right now....mebbe I'll bring shorts to change into if the room proves to be toooo hot.  :knary: 

MtRider  ...No WIND today... :amen:

• Like 2

Did our volunteer work Monday and they had pallet after pallet full of zuchinni, take as much as you wanted.  We took about 30# so I made zoodle and vacuum sealed about 15 bags for the freezer and now have 10 trays of zoodles on the dehydrator.  Still have about 10# more to do tomorrow.

veggetti machine.jpg

zoodles 11-2017 on dehydrator tray.jpg

zoodles 11-2017.jpg

zuchinni 11-2017 trimmed.jpg

zuchinni 11-2017.jpg

• Like 2

Jeepers Jeepers, (I have always wanted to say that, :happy0203:), I am glad you weren’t hurt and that you are getting it taken care of. 

Balmy my day here overcast and 80*. A lot of humidity, I watered the lawn today and the ground is still wet. Yeah!  

Went to the doctor yesterday. They moved into a new building. It felt so clean!  Not like the small historical adobe building they were in before. 

Saw a NP who figures I have a major sinus infection that is causing my headache. Better than something I picked up from catching those rats. On the safe side, he said if I don’t feel better soon, go back in. 

All my accounting is done for the month. Now, I have to start preparing for Thanksgiving. Taking our whole household, the next two months. I need to arrange an house sitter and prep food for the animals. 

WE2, dehydrated zucchini? Zuddles?  How do you use them?

Deep breath, Mt_Rider. You’ll do just fine. :pray:

• Like 1

Could have straight winds at my house. It was fast and furious. Very smart 'new' way to put up your bulk zukes! I need to do some more cherry tomatoes this winter too.

Hee-Hee Anarchy.  Annarchy is causing anarchy. :008Laughing:

Hope your sinus' get cleared up F-A-S-T. I agree,  although a sinus infection sucks, it's better than rodent 'dust.' 

Prayers for Mt. Rider tomorrow! Maybe wear shorts and take a small throw? 

I tried to take pictures from my upstairs window but I couldn't get a good view because of my spruce tree and the window screen. Looks like I have a few more hanging branches back in the woods I need to have taken care of too when I get them out here. They have a chain link fence where the tree fell that probably got smashed too.

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

I just got a spiralizer  and didn't even think about dehydrating them.  Great idea!  

Praying for you tomorrow, Mt. Rider and Mr. of course!  

That is a big tree down, Jeepers!  I really dislike straight line winds!

I went and played bingo with the seniors at Church today.  Even won a game!  Got a cute Christmas kitchen towel!  We took in something that we had at home for gifts (no gambling, thank you).  I took a pint of Muscadine jelly I made and it was the first gift snatched up!  

Tomorrow I clean and then in the afternoon, I go to my health insurance agent (affordable care).  I tried to renew online and when I was finished I was told that they would start taking out $946 a month on Dec 26th.  Just for me!  I really shouldn't mess with their website as I seem to end up with the short end of the stick every time!  Thank God for Ms. Hattie who gets me out of trouble!  

I did a tiny bit of Christmas decorating in the house today.  No tree or outside decorations yet.  I just smile when I see them!  I got vintage decos from the thrift stores this year.  Kind of look forward to doing more!  

Pixie those pumpkin seeds look delicious!  I always loved that part of pumpkin carving - saving the seeds - though I have had to teach first my husband, then my room mate about it! One taste though, then they are hooked!

Got a 'port' put in my body for chemo today.  Definitely an experience - not bad necessarily, just unusual.  I wish they had put me under completely instead of part-way though, I missed my nap time (rueful laugh) and I was darn hungry and thirsty (fasted 15 hrs) before they were finished.  Then headed home for a long nap, and to make dinner (room mate chose SOS).  

• Sad 1