MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Documentaries And Movies

These are mostly documentaries from the BBC and a couple of period movies I've saved. I can't 100% verify the rating since it's been a while since I saw most of them. I'll gladly remove any of them that have a "surprise" in them. I hate when that happens!

I didn’t put the links in because after a while the links don’t work any more and it says the video has been removed. If that happens, usually if you type in the name of the show in the Youtube search box, it will work unless the original poster removed it. I don't know why that happens.

1900 House
A Tudor Feast
British High Street In WW2
Coal House
Coal House At War
Colonial House
Cranford

Frontier House
Iron Age – Reality Living In The Past
Manor House
Regency House
Regency House Party
Tales Of The Green Valley
Texas Ranch House
Tudor Monastery
Tudor Monastery Farm Christmas
Turn Back Time
Victorian Farm
Victorian House
Victorian Pharmacy
Wartime Farm
Wartime Kitchen & Garden
WW2 Home Front Briton

On some of these if you type in the subject there will be a lot to choose from.

Ancient Egypt 2015: The Alternative Story Of Mankind's Origins
Documentary About Royal Diseases
I, Claudius
Lost Kingdoms Of…
Siberia
Slum Futures" India South Asia

The Black Death
The Caesars

The Dust Bowl
The Great Depression
The Pallisters
The Plague
The Way We Live Now

I'm sure I missed some. Please add yours!

I had no idea where to put this. Mods feel free to move.

We were blessed with two tickets to go watch the preview of the next season (6) of Dowtain (sp?) Abby. PBS was having the previosu at our local Theatre (not a movie house....this has live plays etc.) and a friend had two tickets and wanted us to join them. Printed these out Jeeps. Some we've watched but some not :-) Having access to good stuff to watch is good, and we don't have cable tv etc.

I get Downton (sp) Abby at the library when each season comes out and watch it all at once.

I do the same with Call The Midwife. I like that series too.Talk about poverty in the 50's East End of London. I just returned season 4. I'm waiting for season 5 and I read where season 6 will be made.

I wonder, if shows that are put on a thumb/external drive, will you still need to use your internet connection? I'm thinking you would since most of them are on Youtube.

:blink::o:faint3: I HAD NO IDEA.....that there were so MANY of these. I've not had TV for most of the past ...um, three decades, I guess.

Long ago I saw a pioneer one....had a couple of families and a single man who was later joined by his fiance...and they filmed their pioneer wedding. Then she joined him. They were all in a contest to get ready for winter. One couple with her two children had a horse named Snowball and the girl LOVED that horse. That couple divorced sometime after doing that show tho. Heard the rich family downsized after doing the show. Have no idea the name of it but I so enjoyed watching the modern folks deal with pioneer realities.

MtRider :pc_coffee:

I'm downloading them from the internet onto my computer. We'll move them over to an external hard drive soon. The youtube programs will not need internet connection, just some popcorn and hot chocolate. :woohoo:

There is also one called Edwardian Farm. Has the same folks as Wartime Farm and Victorian Farm. I really really like those - the 'actors' are actually educated historians (I can't really think of the right word, so historian will have to do), not 'reality' actors.

Started watching the Victorian Farm Christmas. May have seen it already, but watching it anyhoo! I love watching how things were done in the kitchen and garden by the "old timers" wherever they may be!

Mt Rider, I don't remember any of these being on TV. I've only seen them on Youtube. The one you are talking about SOUNDS like The Frontier House. Two of the 3 families ended up divorced. I don't know about how the newlyweds ended up.

How do you download them from Youtube to your computer? I'd do that too and then transfer them to the external drive if I knew how.

Umm... The Wartime Kitchen and Garden is a series, not two. I think you were also thinking of The Wartime Farm series. And while I like Ruth, and respect the research, there were some inaccuracies. But then again, there always will be with any reenactment.

Sarah

I downloaded the majority of the list above for Mt_Rider. There were a few that I haven't seen yet. :grinning-smiley-044: Maybe later in the wintertime when the snow is up to the windows. Then I'll have an excuse to stay home, drink hot chocolate and watch some programs. :woohoo:

Umm... The Wartime Kitchen and Garden is a series, not two. I think you were also thinking of The Wartime Farm series. And while I like Ruth, and respect the research, there were some inaccuracies. But then again, there always will be with any reenactment.

Sarah

Both...War Time Kitchen and War Time Farm, and probably a couple other "War Time....".

I downloaded the majority of the list above for Mt_Rider. There were a few that I haven't seen yet. :grinning-smiley-044: Maybe later in the wintertime when the snow is up to the windows. Then I'll have an excuse to stay home, drink hot chocolate and watch some programs. :woohoo:

:hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil:

MtRider ...can't wait! Better than having TV! (which we also don't have, of course) :sSig_thankyou:

• 3 weeks later...