MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Suddenly I was in tears

Guest Guest

This afternoon was hot so I took the dogs out the the lake to walk. My walk starts right along I-90 and just south of my town, Ellensburg, is a large Army training facility. We see a lot of military traffic on the interstate and often our homes tremble with the after shocks of bombing.

Anyway, as I began my walk I spotted about a dozen miltary tanks heading along the interstate my arm shoots up like a kid in grade school and I begin to wave and wave. And then I begin to cry. I feel so foolish standing there bawling like a baby and waving to our troops.

My own sons are 21 and 25, and each driver of those tanks was someone's son. I still hold a lot of emotions after 911 and at times it all just come rushing out.

God bless thos sons in those tanks. If anyone ever writes home about a middle aged woman with dogs who stood along the interstate waving like a fool and bawling her eyes out. that was me.

Oh JoanN I know what you mean. It's so hard to see these young men and women and know their lives might be in danger soon and then thinking of all of them already in danger overseas.....it's just too sad!

Something I heard today that broke my heart was a 54(?) year old soilder, I think from NJ, that had a fatal heart attack 3 hours after he got home. Another teary moment.

It has to be rough being a mother, or father of someone going off to fight. I know even just thinking about my son maybe going to fight was hard.

Our $1 son has is in the Army National Guards and when things started happening, he didn't know if he would have to go fight or not.

There are others on this site who have sons, daughters, nieces, nephews or other relatives who are fighting someplace.

One of my nephews was in Iraq, and he is back in the states now for a while. Then he may be sent someplace again.

Our pastors son is still over in Iraq, and I don't know when he will be getting back to the states.

I have a feeling those men and women thought it was great to see someone waving at them.

Oh, Dee, that was very sad, just getting home and then having that happen.

On the day Saddam's two sons were killed, I went to a little country store near here. There was a man in a wheelchair and his wife who were there, and when I left she was helping him get into their van with a lift.

In casual conversation, I mentioned that they thought they had killed Saddam's sons. They said they sure hoped so; their sons were in the service, and one was in Iraq.

I told them that I've been praying for all our soldiers, and I thanked them for raising sons who were willing to go into the service.

I think we were all in tears as we drove off...

• 2 weeks later...

Joan,

Thank you for waving. My son is a 2nd LT in the Army. He is Airborne and Armor. He is stationed in Korea. He is a Platoon Leader for tanks. I live every single day of my life in terror now. I don't know if I will ever see my son again. If that nutcase in Korea has a bad day, that will be the end of everything and my son is right there at the DMZ. Please keep up your mission in the war. Please keep waving. The men and women need that so much. Once again, thank you.

Joan there's no shame in feeling emotions. I see alot of military personnel here in NJ and it makes me so sad that they cant be home with their families. LCM... good to see you again! Your DS is in my heart and my prayers ... Keep your heart full and your faith unyielding, I feel in my heart that he will be home again! Twi