MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rain again this morning so no walking...but it will clear up.  Nice afternoon though.  Tomorrow we'll head out to see my Dad and Stepmum...she's having a "yard party" for friends and kin to bring a lawn chair and rake and get her yard cleaned up.  She'll furnish hot dogs and chips.  Should be fun, and she wants hubby to measure her screened in deck to put on new screening for her...and she's got an odor coming from somewhere in her laundry room that he needs to check out.

Major thunder & lightning happened almost instantaneously, around midnight Wednesday night. CRACK/BOOM/CRACK/BOOM!!!! several times. Then, a down pour, for a bit. 

Yesterday was windy, around 50 in the morning & warmed up to the mid 70’s. 

Sounds like no wind, so far today. Birds are singing as dawn breaks. Not very cold out. I open my window at night, close & cover the vent, because MIL has the heater set at 78* :knary:

Yesterday was a beauty.  Today started off very nice.  Took a walk in our favorite park.  Started raining later this afternoon but had quit by supper time...60's here mostly during days but cooler at night.  Turned off oil heater in the patio room and lowered our furnace to 60.

Nice day...but a bit cloudy.  Reminded hubby that we need to spread our "p-ant" granules along the south side of this house and along the east side of the homestead to get ahead of them durned critters.  We have to do this every year.  Last year we used DE on the outside and a dish of borax/sugar on the back counter near the sinks but this year we're going to put down the granules.  They carry it back to their nests to feed their larvae to never be seen any more. Both work, but we have the granules left over (didn't know we had them) so we'll just get them used up.

I made a quick trip to the store this evening. It was pouring down rain but I had the umbrella and was in the mood to go.

About 2 hours later I walked by my window and thought, "Hum, its awfully foggy out there." I took a better look and it was snow! Lots of snow coming down. It looks like there is already 3 inches on the cars next door. That was a surprise.

I wish I would have taken my bills over to the mailbox while I was out. Hope it melts soon.

How can I get about 4 four inches of very light fluffy snow in the middle of the night and wake up the next morning to a mail box leaning on its side nearly touching the ground?. Because the snow plow drivers only know one gear. Fast! 

I just hope they didn't break off the post holding it in the ground..

• Sad 2

Drug my thermal jammies back out last night and pulled the fleece comforter back up from the foot of the bed.  :frozen:Good thing I hadn't put all my long sleeved shirts away!  Today was cold when we got up but it had warmed up quite a bit by 3pm and the sun was shining. :D  Next 2 days are supposed to be nice...then more rain.  Lots of flooding in the midwest states.:(