MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sassenach

Did some windows update the last 48 hrs and now, suddenly , all sound doesnt work!

Did some windows up dates and now sound died , its a dead zone, cant hear videos or dvds

Can I try a restore before that date?

I do a restore quite often. I have to say I've never lost anything by doing that but I keep it backed up just incase!

On a PC I click on the 'start' button in the toolbar and where it says 'search programs and files' I type in 'restore'. Then I click on where it says 'restore your computer to an earlier time'. Then click on the 'open system restore' button. Then click on the 'next' button. It should show you a list of dates you want to restore back to. Click on the one you want, then click on the 'scan for affected programs and drivers' button. I usually click on the one that has the date I messed up so I don't go back too far Then click 'next' and it should start resetting.

Avast antivirus program wanted to speed up my computer. Listed bunch of what it deemed 'useless' file and other things. 'Course listing file names does nothing to enlighten me. :scratchhead: So....I chose not to let it do that. I'm certain I have tons of useless stuff clogging up the laptop. But a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't fill me with confidence. And I won't pay someone cuz this laptop is OLD.

Funny tho...in the past week, it's stopped making all that horrible growling noises it's make for years. :scratchhead: Now I just hear the loud hissing of my own ears. [probably Meneres disease like my mom]

Sure hope you get sound back, Sass!!

MtRider .....don't wanna push too many buttons! :grinning-smiley-044:

ok Jeepers, thanks. I need to do that tomorrow.

Me too, MT Rider.

i hope I can sleep tonight. gotta get in under my covers though, first.

um the sound came back on it own, I havent had the concentration ability to do a restore but the sound is back now... hope it stays! which is good, I want to head to netflix about now.

Computers are great......until they're not!

MtRider ....that's my story and I'm sticking with it cuz I don't even TRY to understand them! :curtsey:

I have a love/hate relationship with computers...well, to honest, all electronics.

Glad your sound is back, Sass.

yeah, just too broke to go buy a brand new one, you know? sucks! just trying to get my story written and it should be going into ending phase rapidly, sticking it on flash drive each 'save' click so I wont lose that.

I seriously need even a healthy partial win on a single quick pick lottery ticket, lol. I only buy em every once in a while, its not an addiction, though.

:grinning-smiley-044:

I had Windows 10 trying to do a forced download on my poor ancient laptop. I DON'T THINK SO!!!! I unplugged it and ripped out the battery.

MtRider .....how can they DO that? :motz_6:

I haven't had them bug me about Windows 10 in a long time. But it's still hidden on my toolbar waiting. It irked me when they started trying to get me to take it...for free. Something's aren't worth it even free. I can't even remove the icon. It just made me wonder how many more back doors were installed before I bought this computer.

"They" really really need to understand that there are a lot of baby boomers and seniors out here who want to use their products but when they drastically change the looks and operating procedures some of us don't want the change and some of us can't figure it out on our own. We weren't brought up on this technology and it doesn't come natural to us. I think they could offer it both ways if they would. Old and steady or new and improved. Choices people. We can't even go ask the sales clerk for help. We can always call India and spend an hour trying to figure out what they are saying. Having old hearing doesn't help either. More frustrations. Maybe that's been the plan all along with Obama Care. Just get us all fired up and stroke out and then we're off of his system. :blah:

Oh Lordy, don't get me started on insurance. It has been an albatross around my neck since I got divorced. I comply and comply with everything they want me to do and it's still never good enough. Just today I got a 'final notice' that I haven't sent in a copy of my tax returns. Dang, I did it last month and some woman walked me through the procedure and then she told me she received it. It would have been nice if they had some offices where you could take the proof in and actually show them. I want the 1950's again.

At my age I sure don't want to have my insurance cut off. Especially when I'm paying nearly $500.00 a month...on time every month. I had decided that I'm not going to get a mammogram this month. It's due. I know it's stupid of me but to honest, if something is wrong I don't want to deal with it this year. Being laid up here by myself is not something I'm ready to do. I know there is hospice and visiting angels etc. and I could always go to sons house in Indy but...I don't want to. But now thinking about how much I already have to pay and how inept they are...I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. They pay for the whole thing so the heck with em. I read where they will pay for that breast cancer gene testing too. I might go for that too. :pout:

Woooosh, how's that for a thread hi-jack. Well, I do feel a little bit better now. Cheap therapy! :bev: