MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Daisy56

Getting ready for what might happen

On the 23th June we will have to vote either to leave the EU or stay.

I have been reading and listening to a lot of people and politicians on their views.

If the people vote to leave the EU they say there will be trouble.

If we vote to stay in it means lots more immigrants coming in.

The reason they want to come to the U.K. is.

They get a free house and benefits straight away and they dont have to work for it.

I have been preparing just in case,things take a turn for the worst.

I know people need to have a home and feel secure.

Most of the immigrants that have arrived in the U.K.are not mixing with people.

They are staying together wont learn English.

There are some towns in England that there are more immigrants than English people.

I just dont know how things are going to go.

So I am preparing and praying :pray: for whatever comes.

I am interested in what happens myself. This is definitely a very important decision and will have huge ramifications.

I'm interested in this too. I've watched a lot of Youtube videos about the 'welfare schemes' in Great Briton. I thought it was bad here in the States...

Stay safe and try to have enough food etc. stored up so you won't have to go out right away. :pray:

Drat I was just making a great comparison, ( and it went poof! )

Counsel housing probably . I saw very nice neighborhoods in Watford , England that were this type of housing and the backyards were huge, townhouse style housing on them. Very nice. NOT the typical projects like in the US for HUD /govt housing.

What got me was the Bed Tax issue you have over there. I really dont know the rules on that.... its quirky though.

Good luck, hon.

People are getting antsy, I hear about things in Netherlands and Germany too sometimes from Christy, on fb.....

We certainly have some major things developing by the day in the US.

Wow, Daisy. I hadn't heard anything about this! :blink: You're right...it is a HUGE deal. Glad you're prepared for whatever. Keep in touch cuz global events seem to be affecting everyone.

MtRider :pray:

Ambergris,

When immigrants arrive in the U.K. they are given a house and benefits they then pay a small amount for rent out of the benefits.

The houses belong to the government,

The people are really angry that the immigrants are being handed homes and benefits.

As they are a lot of U.K. people who are homeless yet they are not being looked after.

Jeepers,

We have been putting more by each week, I have been reading Mrs S for lots of ideas.

We will keep stocking up until the 22nd June and then we will stay in.

Just not sure how things are going to go.

Sass,

There seems to be lots of trouble in Germany.

Also Greece are really in a bad way, a friend who lives there says most people are running out of money.

She said her village as been using the barter system for months and it is really helping

The whole world seems to be in trouble. Which i find so sad :pray:

Yep, with our presidential election this year, major vote in early November, lots of candidate issues going on , their venues are plagued by some pretty radical folks and people are fed up , along with every other 'issue' that could have been improved on with a little common sense but just gets worse and worse, so it's not too pretty out there. Best to prep and stay safe as you can at this point. We are having riots over this.

Shoot, I have serous dangerous issues right here in the apartments , if stuff happens those perps will go completely nuts here. Im going out in the woods if I have to feel safe, then I get to contend with bears and raccoons after what food I might be able to get if things fall apart completely.... I have some of those skills , can do it primitively but Im not in my twenties, you know? Going to have to pace that out if this became a long emergency.

At this point no other option. Scary stuff and we have terrible winters here. But im a survivor, I will sure give it a good try.

We had an office in Bradford, England. I didn't like that really rough city. We were the minority and it wasn't good driving in the wrong part of town. The ethnic groups didn't mix. We never drove because we didn't know the roads.

We have 4 more months and then the moving truck comes to take us back to the countryside. Love the ministry here in the inner city. Also love the quiet life as we head into retirement. :hi:

Daisy I am also increasing the contents of our pantry for the same reason.

Homesteader I live in a small town just a few miles from a area that is nicknamed little Bradford, where the normal dress wear is a niquab/ full face veil and where the men leave the mosque and spit at the feet of lone women, there is no integration and few will speak English.

My niece and husband have been on the housing list for over 3 years and are not a priority even though they have a 1 year old, asylum seekers have priority on the social housing list, and there are few private rental homes because landlords know they can charge asylum seekers a jacked up price rent and the government will pay it.

When Asylum seekers first come into this country they are housed in hotels and bed and breakfast, Holiday Inn seem to have a contract with the government as the 4 hotels close to me all house asylum seekers. This has put a strain on local Doctors offices, Dentist And Emergency Rooms at local hospitals where they are demanding free health care. The National Health Service is not a free institution , it is paid for by the people who are working and is deducted from their wages and is called a National insurance tax.

Our government have told the general population that economic migrants [country's that have joined the EU] and asylum seekers are not getting more money from the benefits system than our own citizens who should be unfortunate to be unemployed, this is not quite true, what they haven't disclosed is that the local government's have to pay their utility bills [ domestic gas, electricity, water rates TV licence, Rent and council tax ] I know pensioners and the disabled would appreciate this help also but it is denied to UK citizens.

My Dad died 2 months ago, I don't drive so I use the local transport and my daughter and I Have been encouraging my Mum to go out a few days a week, we decided to go into our nearest city centre for a meal, it is a 40 minute bus journey, on the approach to the centre I noticed a homeless camp with about 30 tents situated close to one of our University buildings, the city centre was unrecognisable there was beggars every where, there was litter strewn over the floor [this city has always been diverse and known to be quite cosmopolitan because of the many cultures there] I got my Mum and daughter to swap shoulders with their bags [purses] and to link arms and I walked behind them, I felt my head was on a swivel watching out for aggressive beggars, pickpockets and bag snatchers, Twice I had someone try to bump off my bag from my shoulder, it was not going to happen I am 6foot 2 and built like a summon wrestler, we even had a group of males try to push in between my Mum and daughter to get access to their bags. we went for our meal and left.

On of the reasons for all this crime is that Romania has cheap return flights to the UK, organised gangs fly into the UK to beg and steal each person can make between £300-£600 a day they will stay a couple of days, sleeping on the streets, money transfer their ill gotten gains each day and then fly back home.

My brother lives on one of the Greek islands [Corfu] it is an Island that is dependant on tourists in the summer and the sale of Olive Oil in the winter, he was telling us that many of the family tavern's have not opened this year, Family business that rely on their young people to help out are unable to open because there sons and daughter have had to leave and find jobs else where to support the family, My brother has worked for some years at an All Inclusive holiday resort, he is a baker by trade, last year it took 14 weeks before anyone got paid, he said it was very hard on some of the young Greeks as they were unable to send money home for their families. He will work from Mid march until end of October when the season ends and will be expected to work 7 days a week, anyone taking time off is sacked, The cost of food is high as everything is shipped over from the mainland.

He was also telling us all about the local Greek fishermen who patrol the coast line turning around refugee boats, people on the Island are very nervous about the island becoming another holding area for the so call asylum seekers clamouring for visas to get into Europe, they know if this happens then the tourist will stop coming and the Islands economy will die which has happened on several neighbouring Islands [ the majority coming on these boats are young single males or economic migrants from Pakistan Afghanistan Iraq and Africa, there are few women, elderly or children with them, sometimes orphaned. children are bought in the refugee camps and used as a prop to fast track a visa application, once successful these kids are abandoned].

Thanks to the German Prime Minister Mrs Merkel telling all asylum seekers are welcome in her country she has turned Europe into a cesspit with so many Young Men flooding across Europe it is a disaster in the making, these men should be fighting to regain the control of their country not fleeing, leaving their women, children and elderly unprotected instead they are in refuge centres demanding everything free complaining the wifi is too slow the food is not to their liking that they are not being given enough money to buy cigarettes or their are no women to serve their sexual needs, where ever the centres are there is an increase of rape, assaults and robbery's on local people you only have to look at Sweden to see how endemic the problem is there.

I truly hope the British public vote to Exit the EU in a few weeks, with the EU promising to fast track Turkeys application to join the EU along with many more Muslim country's this country can not afford any more migrants its public services are at breaking point.

There are 4 schools in the UK that have multiple interpreters in their employment as there are no children in that school that are able to speak English.

Please don't get me wrong this Country has always had economic migrants and they have been very welcomed, usually Polish who came over to help farmers gather in crops, students that come in during the vacation period and work in hotel, but these are hard working people who pay into this country and don't demand free everything. And like many civilised country's we have welcomed the genuine refugee, those who's lives are in genuine danger from there country's politics and it is only right that these people are offered refuge, for these people will generally assimilate into their new home country and not try to impose their views on their neighbours. It is not about a persons skin colour, or whatever they choose to pray too or not but about the people who are coming with their begging bowls and feel entitled to everything free and when they cant get it feel that is okay to destroy and steal from their host country.

I don't know what is going to happen over this referendum but have a strong feeling their will be rioting on the streets, if the vote out of the EU then the economic migrants from the EU states are not going to be happy as their handout are taken from them and they are told to leave, If the stay vote wins then there are going to be a lot of angry UK citizens protesting on the streets. I also worry about my brother and his wife in Greece they have lived their for 12 years will they have to return to the UK,

Wow, thanks for the awesome post ro2935. It's always interesting to hear what is going on in other parts of the world, first hand, without it being censored. Over here we get bombarded with information and then all at once the news is off chasing after another story. Our attention span is too short over here.

I know what you are talking about concerning the Romanian gypsies. I've watched quite a few Youtube videos showing how they operate in the U.K.

Excellent summary of whole situation, ro. Thanks for the input.

Today, America reels from another Terrorist attack at a nightclub in Orlando Florida last night. The radicalism started quite some time ago.

Decades, its been a long process and now they decided they will take over countries who never even had Caliphate issues through the modern EU/US histories , not good, eh?

We have all this stuff going on, our economics could have been improved at least some but we continue to get worse instead. NO proper applications to start fixing our debt nationally, we can now easily crumble economically.

Culturally we are simply under attack against the norm, the decent. There are so many thugs out there now , its perking badly. Its' sad and scary and people are fed up and reacting and the terror stuff is very very real.

All it took was one man with a few weapons to do in over 100 , 50 dead as of this morning and many still waiting for emergency surgery during this day after. Some folks, of course, screamed for gun control.... which is not the issue here at all. It was pure terrorism and this mans ideology, he was pledge to ISIS.

There is too much confirming it, just the facts.

You have guts walking in the neighborhood. I have a cesspool around me in what most think of as a nice small town. It seems to have stalkers galore here. Thats just the absolute locals. I can't wait to move. Regionally service personnel are corrupt and lazy but they have pay checks and insurance automatically. Medical professionals here are absolutely horrible and their attitude is atrocious. I am lucky to be still alive and have several very serious conditions. I am tired of the rabid abuses. But all I can do is walk out quietly.

There is no place easily reached to get legal help over this and they take advantage of it. MY ptsd is sky high these days. At least I have truly good friends I can go be with and do things to get caught up on once I leave.

Every day more aggression occurs especially at what should be civilized venues for our presidential election here and the regular folks are starting to push back, harder each day, its only a matter of time before the hammer hits too hard here I believe.

Russians and Chinese military air craft now fly right over our US ships , taunting them outright in the oceans and seas , its gone crazy and I am ashamed of how this country is being led, We need decent enough leadership with common sense applied . Several good countries need that, its not just us, it would be nicer for everyone if that was the case.

And these radical Islamists , yep they are out there in droves in some cases. But all it takes is one with a plan and a few guns in a gun free place normally. It's not what America is for. Or any western type country , its sure not about freedom in any real sense for human beings.

I know we all get along a lot better when there is simple respect, whether its individuals interacting or countries. I wish we would basically return to that but I don't know if we can without a real fight to settle the matter now. ( I keep thinking " I really didn't sign up for this, did I?" in this lifetime. )

Edited by Mt_Rider

Wow. Great look at what's going on. Scary. I'll be praying for y'all, and us.

ro2935 Thank you for your post.

I have a friend who lives in Manchester and she says there is parts she would not go into now.

Which is quite sad as she was born there.She said it is quite scary in places.

Well we only have just over a week to go before the vote.

I see in the newspapers they are saying that if the in vote wins they are between 1.5 million and 2 million Turkish people ready to move to the U.K.

They all will expect homes and benefits. :rolleyes:

Good grief. That is unreal. That cannot even be sustainable.

Good grief. That is unreal. That cannot even be sustainable.

[bold is mine]

Agree with that. Not in such a flood of numbers. Not when cultural/language differences are there. Not when the drive to adapt and intent to JOIN IN is not there.

Our early days in U.S. when we had floods of immigrants from everywhere....there were hard times. So many ghetto areas of immigrants. Poor sanitation, medical care, water, housing, education, pay... Insane fights/bigotry/abuse. YET...so many did climb out of that and JOIN IN tho. That works...eventually. Or........the lands can have a TAKE OVER. Or....a SPLIT OFF. Historically, that seems to be the only options. "Melting pot" is difficult and takes generations but has worked to the benefit of the U.S. Still are differences in cultural backgrounds and they can be celebrated and interesting. Just REALLLLLLLY wish they'd never allowed slavery here. Changed some things badly to the detriment of all of us.....hopefully not forever.

MtRider :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Exactly. MtRider. The U.S.'s early immigrants wanted to be American. Wanted to speak English. Wanted to be part of the melting pot. What is happening now is not that. #gettingready

:pray:

I'm really interested in this too. Either way it goes, one side is going to lose and be very unhappy.

We have been watching this with great curiosity as well since DDs online friends began to speak of it. Daisy, do you have long term plans for the UK staying in the EU? As in, do you think remaining where you are will be safe, and are you able to go anywhere else? I cannot imagine the stress of waiting for this vote. From the brief synopsis on our news (which did not speak of the situation until yesterday!), it appears to be a choice between short term suffering of a recession as you regain your independence, and long term suffering of mass immigration if you remain in the EU. I am sure it is much more complicated than that, though! Be safe!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.