MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SCORCHY SUMMER!

Went out today to look at properties with a friend. I know local stuff in this area. But....had to have A/C full blast till I cooled down from getting ready and loading up her car. It was hard for her to 'get it'. But she finally just blasted the air and finally my body cooled so we could start cutting it back little by little. She got an overview of different areas....lot's of differences within a square mile. It was fun to GET OUTTA THE HOUSE for a while. Same for her...get outta the office for the day. :happy0203:

We're not in the scorcher bubble that a lot of you are in....but it's still way too hot for me. Now I'm sitting directly in swamp cooler air to get core body temp. down before I need to go out and feed. I'll wait till the barnyard is shaded by the western ridge before I'll stick my nose out. :knary:

MtRider ....sheesh, toes and fingers freeze while I cool the core! :frozen:

Lawsy, it is hot here today. So far it's 94 degrees. :knary:

I'm staying put inside. I ran all of my errands yesterday including a run to the fruit market so I'm set for the weekend and then some. Supposed to be as hot tomorrow.

I'm getting ready to sort through junk drawers on the floor with a fan on me. I have the central air on but I do love a fan.

Everything is really starting to look brown and dead around here. Even the grass is getting crunchy. I'm glad we aren't in any fire zones up here but one careless idiot could cause localized havoc. Luckily the fire department is about 2 miles from me and there is a hydrant 2 doors down.

Y'all stay safe in this HEAT bubble or whatever they're calling it. It's even 85 here ...high in the mts. :knary:

DH decided it was good time to give dog a bath. She's shedding and getting into pine sap and digging all the time and....filthy. Now she's clean, wet, and not hot.

MtRider ....me, I'm staying in the swamp cooler room! :frozen:

It's 90's and 100 degrees in some places and John Kerry thinks air conditioners and refrigerators are more dangerous than ISIS. Bet he has air conditioning and a cool refrigerator in his 'little' house though. Hope you don't have to use an evil inhaler too. :sigh:

John Kerry warns your refrigerator is as dangerous as ISIS
Jul 24th 2016 8:14PM

It's been a hot summer with sweltering temperatures from the midwest to the Middle East, which means an increased use of air conditioners, but no so fast says John Kerry who is a long time advocate for climate change.

The Secretary of State warns the chemicals inside common items like air conditioners, refrigerators, and inhalers are as dangerous as the ongoing threat of ISIS,

According to Kerry the use of hydrofluorocarbons or HFCs in these everyday items are emitting a gigaton of carbon dioxide equivalent pollution into the atmosphere annually. He adds "if this sounds like a lot, my friends, its because it is."

Kerry also said the coolant is a thousand times more potent than CO2 and he hopes to phase out the use of HFC entirely.

To be fair Kerry isn't exactly comparing the need to stay cool to the Islamic State but warns the discussion around HFC and other pollutants are essential to even having a planet to live on at all.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/24/john-kerry-warns-your-refrigerator-is-as-dangerous-as-isis/21438096/

Yeah....like it was so very important to ruin the light bulbs so they only last 2.5 weeks and therefore increase landfill sites? :motz_6:

"New and Improved" has not been my favorite slogan. :behindsofa:

Broadcasts are all warning people to stay in your air conditioning. :knary::faint3::knary:

AT THE VERY LEAST.....this was not timed well nor stated with any sort of common sense diplomacy. Makes him sound like an idiot...even to people who believe HFC is a real/immediate threat to humankind.

MtRider <_<

Edited by Mt_Rider

I'm switching to LED. They've gotten them priced a little more reasonably.....considering how long they last and how little electric they use. Also they are manufacturing ones that look and operate like the light bulbs we're used to. And fit in existing light fixtures. Much better than the early ones. Not buying the CFL bulbs any more! Have a whole waste basket full of dead ones....and where do you get rid of them???? :shakinghead:

As for scorchy summer....LED does not heat up at all. :)

And finally.....we've begun the switch by putting them in places that jiggle [breaks the filament when I close the duckhouse door] or where it's a real pain to get a ladder to change a bulb. Need another one for the garage lite that just blew. <_<

We had mid-80's when sunny and nearly down to 60 when the clouds came over. Chilly tonite....we go down in the low 40's. Zero rain.....tho nearby got a good dousing. :yar:

With such a great growing year, I'm wading thru grass that's past waist high. Don't remember it ever being like that. Wish I had a scythe!!! I'd harvest the grass along the ditches. My one goat can't eat it all. The horses can't even eat their pasture down. The other pasture waits for them ....tho I think we'll move them for a couple weeks then move them back. Try to keep that one high for their fall/winter.

......it's still all green grass but other plants are already going to seed. Not even Aug and I see signs of fall. :sigh: And if we got a fire in THIS much vegetation....yikes! One swipe thru the roadside with a sickle-bar and then a baler.... HAY for winter!

MtRider ....If those machines are even around any more. :unsure:

It's been in the upper 90's with heat indexes in 100s for the past week. We had some rain move in last Friday and Saturday morning came a gully washer. Lost power twice. Now it's so humid, I have not been able to see out my windows for several days because of all the condensation.

I feel like this dog in the pic every time I have to go outside.

post-13105-0-52203300-1469539312_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daelith

:knary: WE even got up to 93 in the sun today. Aiiiiieeeeeee.....

....thankful for the swamp cooler and I also washed my hair and left it wet for a while! :blink: We almost never hit 90 in our corner of the universe! Can't even visit my folks till it cools down. Their house is too hot!

MtRider B)

Edited by Mt_Rider
basic English fail....

A good day for napping. It was in the 70's and it rained most of the day. We had some rolling thunder that sounded nice too. I like that but not the sudden sharp crack kind that scares the stuffin' out me when I'm not expecting it. Everything has greened up nicely. Supposed to be the same tomorrow.