MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SCORCHY SUMMER!

The last 3 days, every storm swirled around us. Hot and extremely humid.

This morning, it rained around 4 to 4:30 am, then picked back up again around 7..... :cele:

God's rain is so much better than our water. :happy0203:

I think it got up in the high 80's today. I forgot to check. We had really bad storms all around me today. Lots of trees and power lines down. About 60,000 without power in my county. There were heavy winds and rain. At my house it got so dark the outside light came on. Really scary looking. I didn't get a drop of rain or a puff of wind here. Go figure. This town sits on a hilltop and for some reason we miss a lot of bad summer storms. I'd think it would be the other way around. Not complaining mind you.

I'm really thankful the power stayed on in my town. It's too hot to mess with no air conditioning or fans.

In the upper 90's today but heat index made it wayyyyy up there :-( Cloudy with a bit of breeze so much easier to bear. MrWE2 worked scraping paint off the window glass today (the window calk was really bad and they didn't want it replaced) since he tried to seal the bad places as best he could with paint. Not sure if they'll want him to do any other paint yet.

Congrats on another Grchild coming, Sass! :wub:

Constant 'green Doppler blobs'. It went on clear into the night past moonset. I was out on the porch, watching the Perseid meteor shower last night around midnight. WOW :cheer: It's a good show this year. Lots of them. Many looong streaks. Like watching fireworks....well not that frequent but so much more magnificent! :amen: But now and then I could still see far off blooms of lightning too.

MtRider ......God's fireworks! :hapydancsmil: Still visible tonite too.

Congrats on your next grand baby Sass! I'm going back to see mine again next Tuesday. He is finally just over 5 pounds.

It got up into the high 80's here today. We had storms again tonight. Not bad at my house but I did get a LOT of rain.

Storms cells have been missing our house the past few days. Today....gully-washers....make deep gorges in the driveway AGAIN. Keep filling them in. Can get a tire stuck in them. And HAIL.....X2. Chips. Pea-sized. Larger than pea-sized. :amen: that it wasn't golfball, or baseball sized. One cell sat on top of us right when I'd usually be down feeding. I got dressed for feeding and waited. As soon as it looked clear of lightning/hail....I dashed out. I have some quick ways to hurry the process in these cases. Was getting pretty dark cuz it was later but the clouds made dark come faster.

The most frustrating is that I lost the Dopper pic right when I needed to see if anything else was coming. So I hurried as if it was only a short respite. Turned out to be the last cell of the evening tho.

MtRider ...we're nicely soaked again. :hapydancsmil:

It sounds like this has been a really lousy summer for you to do any gardening at all Mt. Rider... but yes, getting some decent moisture out there is good to help repair overall drought affects and cut fire danger.

Its stormy here, warnings for occasional flash floods of creeks, bridges and such so drivers and any really low sitting dwellings and businesses might need to be prepared, I am ok, its not solid rain up here, this storm system.

Kudos to all in SE US putting up with constant rain..... Miki! I hope local damage is not too bad.

Stay safe!

:hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil: Rain! for Mt. Rider.... :hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil:

Edited by sassenach

:happy0203:Jeepers!!!!!!! woot woot on your grandbaby doing so well on weight gain! Good to hear that!

My grandson, now 13 months is going gangbusters at baby gym, saw a video of him , already on the rings, like guys in olympic gymnastics, ha! ( he did awesome but they should have baby safety harnesses, not how they spotted him.... )

Still, he was having a blast..... one of those teach this kid no fear things??? hey, now... still, it was cute seeing the video of that experience but if I had been there.... oh, one of those " What were you thinking???" questions would have popped out of my mouth on that one..... still... he survived. :tapfoot: DGS was just chortling, as usual.... enjoying the heck out of it. Flynn does have a gusto for life...

:shakinghead:

The rings were meant for 3 year olds probably.. :puzzledsmile: :blink: :o

The rest of the apparatus is just fine for toddlers and such.... they do videos and pictures a lot of that regular activity. He loves going there.

Obviously weather in Hawaii has been nicer this week than here.... I did just see some petroglyphs were just discovered down by a shore line in Hawaii. Not sure what island though... article in science section of Fox news articles online ..... was checking news.

I think it was an Oahu beach, Sass. The sand covers them and then uncovers. I was shown some petroglyphs by a Hawaiian "uncle" while I was there. I hope someone saved them cuz Maui has been SO much more overgrown by now. :unsure:

Whopping storms scheduled again today....later. :shrug:

But Miki's rain totals are completely mind-numbing! Around here, we measure in TENTHS OF AN INCH......not 14+ inches! :bathbaby: I think if we got that much, the Rocky Mountains would erode out and fill up the Grand Canyon. :blink:

MtRider B)

Edited by Mt_Rider
clarity

Yes, Mt. Rider, they did put them under protection. The Army actually has a program that protects and maintains those finds, it is legit, and approved with the environmental and historical, archaeological organizations and such, a special department specific for Hawaii. There were quite a lot of them, under the shifting sands beach, like you said, some were about a foot long and a few were up to 4-5 long.

Was just thinking of DGS sitting on a surf board at some beach in or near Koneohe, with a big trippy birthday cake, probably feeds four persons, very tropical decorating on it. just saw that pic today.. nice to think about with such dark set of storms..... had a really heavy deluge that went on for over 30 minutes early evening.... ropes of water running off the roof... looked like scenes out of the African rain forest or something..... with lightning....

oops, speaking of lightning..... wow, lit up the sky and still took 7 seconds.

yeah, this was out of the rain gutters over one side door to our hall way in the building! ropes of water coming down. it was incredible.

I think tomorrow has rain potential, not sure about flash flood watch/warning level,no warnings yet about it. 60% rain so it possible some rain.

It did break up some today, not any real rain all day which was fine and less humidity. Most of us stuck with window fans , so lower humidity is mucho bettah!