MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SCORCHY SUMMER!

had intermittent rain yesterday, quite nice, distant thunder , to our south, today is finally a lot cooler than the weekend i think was.... mucho bettah.

3 cousins and 1 cousin's hubby all in Hesperia, Blue Cut Fire situation, not a good place to be. Not sure how it will go now... bad bad fast moving fire.

Yep, cooler here and the storms broke up good now, took a couple days but we did get some good rain which we all needed in the East too. Very sorry for the flooding affects in the South. What a big mess that is.

At least inside it's more comfortable and maybe I can get out and get some sunshine soon, today.

But cloud cover may still be around, yes, its a bit dim again. Sigh.

At least its not super hot and humid. Oh well. Good enough to bust out some necessary chores.

A relief to get done, to tell the truth.

Edited by sassenach

:frozen: Brrrr.... since our 'monsoon' rainy season finally arrived, the rainy days like this have been soooo cold. Weeds and grasses are going to seed. Feels more like fall weather.

:runcirclsmiley2:

and the propane guy came today.....WHAT? DOES EVERYONE THINK THIS IS WINTER? Our only propane appliance is the furnace!

According to the calendar, August.... B):knary: beaches....sunshine.....sweltering days......

MtRider .....but of course I don't LIKE sweltering days but .....I don't like winter either. :yar:

:sigh: We've been around 40 degrees all day. HAD to turn on the furnace. Pellet stove would make living room too hot too quickly. But have needed to take the chill/damp off allllll day! :blink: I checked the calendar AGAIN....yep! It's still August.

MtRider ......I really hate to start paying WINTER BILLS in August. :yar:

Another hot and humid day here. About 5:00 or so we got a loud clap of thunder...no rain though. Guess it bypassed us...again. May have to use some rain catchment water if we don't see some rain soon. Don't like to use the city water if we don't need to.

Mosquitos are bad this year as well as horse flies. Guess we'll have to pull out the power washer and give the Homestead's covered front porch a good washing down. Those things love to hang around under porches...and carports too...ugh! Mixed up some liquid Dawn and vegetable oil with a few drops of peppermint essential oil, and took it to the Roost and sprayed around the back door where wasp like to hang out. I'll mix up some more for here and some for the Homestead also.

Thanks for the tip on Newton, Annarchy. :happy0203: Tomorrow, DH, my dad, and I have to do a vehicle juggle. I end up going into town [DH driving] and ME driving back out to our place on the back roads right about noon. The danger is that my vehicle does not have a working air-conditioner and I'm running ZERO tolerance for heat. :blink:

If Newton is already sending moisture/CLOUDS up our way, it will be doing even more so tomorrow. :amen: In summer, clouds are my FRIENDS!

DH had his truck's coolant system break down on the way to work on Sat. We had to do a similar switch that night to get him home. In actuality, he's the only fully capable driver among the 4 of us. [us and my folks] My dad can't drive after dark. I can't drive highway speeds and require coooool temperatures. My mom drives very little. :sigh: This makes things complicated when our vehicle broke down on my folks' end of the route. Our mechanic is out here.

MtRider ....glad most of summer weather is gone. Not glad winter cometh... :grinning-smiley-044: