MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SCORCHY SUMMER!

Looks like Newton's knocking on your door, Annarchy. Any nice rain in your area?

MtRider .......and Hermine disappeared....

:icon19:

Very light sprinkles. At this point, I will need to water the yard and garden tonight. Of course, any amount of rain we get, however small, is a reason to rejoice. :amen:

The Superstition Mountains to the north, east and south, funnel the clouds around our desert valley. Tucson and northern AZ usually receives the brunt of the rain.

I am still hopeful we might get more before the storm moves on.

After our vehicle exchange, Koa and I made a leisurely trip home via the back way. I stopped in at a small grocery that has outrageous prices EXCEPT for produce sales. 5# onions -$1. Other decent prices. The topper windows on the side and between the cab and topper were open and Koa had a nice breeze. But I let a cashier know that big dog was mine and I kept coming to the front windows to check her. Then we stopped for a little sniff and walk thru forest land. Shady and breezy kept us cool. Perfect day. We're both sacked out after our adventure.

MtRider.....glad for such a mild day today :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider

DH got up and asked where Grrr was. I'd let him out and he didn't want back in.

DH looked at me with a straight face and said, "You threw the dog out in a hurricane?!?"

The rain misted off and on some of the day, with an occasional light breeze. My rain bucket kept drying out.

We went out around 3 pm, the cement was dry and the clouds were thinning. DH asked if I had my phone, I handed it to him and he took a pic.

image.jpeg

Then says, "Hurricane Newton, we will rebuild."

We did get about 10 minutes of real rain around 5.

Good thing you were prepared. Will your insurance cover the damage! :24:

:grinning-smiley-044: We're covered, but IDK if they could handle the loss. :grinning-smiley-044:

Today is absolutely gorgeous, so far. The sun is just starting to come up, 70 degrees, crystal clear skies - except around the distant mountains, and dew on everything. * Big Sigh * It smells so good. Too bad the forecast is back to 105 by tomorrow, with humidity. :knary:

Absolutely beautiful day! Decided to visit some garage sales and truly found some good bargains. Bought four denim dresses for 50 cents each (in winter I wear thermal tops under them), a beautiful "bling" short jacket for the Christmas parties (it will look terrific with a black tank and my black velvet (or black satin) pants...or maybe a skirt? It's got red so it will go with red also :-) Bought two brand new cast iron (Camp Chef) pie pans for $15, two really cute t-light candle holders that will look great on the Homestead's fireplace mantle, and several other goodies :-)

• 9 months later...

July is when our "monsoon season" begins.  But to get those rains started....it's like an old pull-cord lawn mower.  Ya pull and pull and seems like it will...almost...start.  We've gotten dark with clouds daily this past week.  FINE WITH ME!  It's cooler!  But no rain.  Or just enough to spatter the stairs.  Finally today....we were hurrying to finish at library cuz [weather person that I am] I was watching the west and it was WHITE!  Definitely something coming in.  It was raining when we got into the car  [complicated by using and loading wheelchair].  But not raining at the moment I was sitting and hoisting my way up our wet stairs.  Complicated by a plastic feed sack I was lifting up to each stair before I hoisted up to the next one.  [beige shorts and dirty wet stairs...wasn't sitting on those!]  Finally, gasping for air and burning muscles, I got to #14 step and onto porch. 

About 20 min later, the real rain hit.  Lots of nice good rain for a couple hours!  :hapydancsmil:  ....no, I didn't go dance in it.  But I sure was thankful for it!  :amen:

So tonite...10pm.....it's now 42 degrees outside.  Yep....gonna sleep cool tonite.  I even had to shut windows....cuz wind was blowing rain hard!  Now it's just moist, cold air.  Cozy inside.

MtRider  :happy0203:

MONSOON season.  It's really called that here in our arid region.  Raining every day.....long, lovely rain.  Not always with thunder/lightning...which is a rare thing.  No wildfire in this time period.  :amen:

MtRider ...and it's very cool  :frozen:  ...in 40's at nite.  :)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

I would love the 40's at night here!!!  Upper 70's and very humid.  Yuck!  Rains most afternoons here also but doesn't cool it off.

Oh boo, is it like that all year around?

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, Christy said:

Oh boo, is it like that all year around?

Just summer!  By October it should be 60s at night.  70 or 80s during day.  We have good air conditioning!  I will check with city hall and see if there are any blues festivals around that time or what there is anyway. 

• Like 1