MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dogmom4

Cataract surgery

I'm going to be having surgery to remove cataracts from both of my eyes Wednesday morning at 9:30 am. The timing is not exactly the best but it was scheduled months ago. I know it's supposed to be a fairly simple surgery but I'm battling some nerves. I really don't like hospitals...Would really appreciate some prayers.

Dogmum Have added your name to my prayer list in church we pray on Wednesday Friday and Sunday.

There is 30 women in our circle so lots of prayers coming your way. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

The surgery went well! I don't have to wear glasses 24/7 anymore...only for reading. Very different for me since I've been wearing them since I was 10 and always took them off to read. I have drops to use for several more weeks. One of them leaves a really bitter taste at the back of throat after taking the eye drops but it is what it is. I got a cheap pair of reading glasses to use because I can't get a prescription pair until the eyes are completely healed. It's pretty amazing to see without glasses on...and incredible how sharp everything is....

Late in seeing this, but glad everything went well for you. I know I'll be facing this same surgery sometime in my future.

The surgery went well! I don't have to wear glasses 24/7 anymore...only for reading. Very different for me since I've been wearing them since I was 10 and always took them off to read. I have drops to use for several more weeks. One of them leaves a really bitter taste at the back of throat after taking the eye drops but it is what it is. I got a cheap pair of reading glasses to use because I can't get a prescription pair until the eyes are completely healed. It's pretty amazing to see without glasses on...and incredible how sharp everything is....

Yay! My FIL says he can now see colors he never knew existed after getting his done.

Congrats on the good results! Cataracts run in my family, too. So happy for you, brave one.

Congrats dogmom! I know what you mean about seeing without glasses. I had them or contacts for over 20 yrs before my late husband told me I was having laser surgery because he felt sorry for me. It's amazing isn't it!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.