MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Free E-Books for October

Thanks Cat! I didn't have the Amish one from the other day and I also loaded the brain health and one of the Cozy Mystery books. I had some other Cozy Mystery series by the Dobbs author and really enjoyed them. So I'll see about this one. The other one was the 'Lexy Baker Bakery Series by Dobbs. I waited until I got them all free and then started reading. They are murder mysteries but very light on the murder part and heavy on the mystery. Actually they were a light enjoyable read and clean. A little romance but no s-e-x and I can't remember any bad language. If there was any it was something like h3ll or d4mn but I don't think even that.

I've been loading all of the free cozy mysteries I find because they seem to be clean and an easy read. Hope I don't get stung since I said that. I read a series from another cozy mystery author and it was good too. If I ever think of her name I'll post it.

I didn't remember the names of the other Cozy Mystery authors but I did recognize them when I saw them on the Kindle. I can't remember which of their books I read but I do remember they were pleasant reads. Sigh. I have almost 400 Cozy Mystery books set back for when I can get to them or can have a set in a series for free.

I've gotten so spoiled with Kindle. It's hard for me to even pay .99 for a book when so many are free now. Even the bad free ones are worth a try because it's easy to just delete them.

Hope Callaghn

S.Y. Robins

Yeah.....between FREE eBooks and thrift store prices on other stuff.....I'm afraid I do not contribute to the economy much. But it keeps my personal economy better balanced.

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I don't mind spending some money on books that I keep. Especially reference books but I've become more picky. There are so many Kindle books that are being pumped out by "authors" that would have never been published in the real world. Some are just a few pages and so many are written by people in third world countries obviously using an online translator. They can be amusing but not if I'm paying for them.

Some authors have a list of all the books they have written and suddenly they are experts on making money, health care, pet grooming, marriage repairs, auto repair, canning, Windows 98 through 10 and anything else they can glean info off of the internet overnight. Rant over. :D

And while I'm at it, (I lied about the rant being over) when we used to read a book we knew we were reading correct grammar because an editor checked it. The same thing with the news. If we heard Chet, David or Walter speaking they knew the correct tenses and used proper grammar. I don't always, but I'm not being paid to. AND this week Shep Smith came out. Sigh. I didn't want/need to know that.

I'm officially coming out as a straight woman. Just incase the world is interested in my private life. No? Didn't think so. :icon19:

Oh, and remember the hub-bub in the 60's over Winston cigarettes commercial? Teachers were all in a tizzy over the line, "Winston tastes good LIKE a cigarette should" Instead of AS a cigarette should. We've come a long way baby (Virginia Slims) but in which direction?

I'm done. :blush:

Jeepers, is it hard to delete books from the Kindle? I've been trying to figure it out for a while.

Jeepers, is it hard to delete books from the Kindle? I've been trying to figure it out for a while.

Can you find how to do it on your device here?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+delete+books+from+Kindle&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

If not, let us know what more info you need. :hug3:

:24::laughkick::008Laughing:

MtRider ...thanks for the laugh, Jeepers! ...and Hi Trudy! :hi:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Trudy, I park the ones I don't want in cloud and then delete them later. You have to do it online on the Amazon site to permanently get rid of them. Here is what I do:

Click on Amazon

Click on where it says "Your Account". It's right under your name at the top of the page

When the box drops down click on "Manage Your Content And Devices". It's kind of in the middle. A new screen will pop up.

Make sure the tab on the page says "Your Content"

All of your downloaded books should be listed.

Click on the little box saying "Select" in front of the book you want gone

The orange "Delete" sign should light up. Click on it

Another box will popup asking you if you're sure you want to delete it.

Click "Yes, delete permanently"

Then click "Okay"

The last two steps can take a couple of seconds to work. At least they do on my computer. You can delete 10 books at one time.

Thanks Cat and Jeepers! It was easy to figure out with instructions. Hi Mt_Rider. I've been sick a lot the past year, so I missed a lot, but I'm trying to catch up now. Missed all of you...

You're welcome. I need step by step instructions. I have a lot of Word document pages in the computer with various instructions. I have trouble remembering how to change an ink cartridge if I haven't done it for a few months. Cheat sheets. I haz a lot of em. :blush: