MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just thought some of you might like to know

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Last Friday I had my in the hospital pace maker check-up. From the looks of it, I have 8 months to 34 months life on this pace maker yet. She said it would probably be around 1 ½ to 2 years before I need a new one. So, after being told this one would last 5 – 7 years, this is good news as it has been 8 years since I got this one.

HUGS34.gif haveahappydaymouse.jpg

:hug3: Ya know, we don't talk that much anymore, but you are still one of my sweetest, most loving online friends, and I love you. :wub:

Glad things are continuing to work. ;)

Good news. :)

I have Bradycardia (slow heartbeat) and my cardiologist tells me that I will eventually need a pacemaker. :( Not really looking forward to that idea at all. Hoping that weight loss will change that. I have lost 70 lbs thus far, but that only puts me back to where I was 3 years ago before I started taking insulin. Still have quite a bit to lose, but I hope it will make a difference.

Good news. :)

I have Bradycardia (slow heartbeat) and my cardiologist tells me that I will eventually need a pacemaker. :( Not really looking forward to that idea at all. Hoping that weight loss will change that. I have lost 70 lbs thus far, but that only puts me back to where I was 3 years ago before I started taking insulin. Still have quite a bit to lose, but I hope it will make a difference.

Don't give up, my friend. Stay strong, and you continue to be in my prayers. :hug3:

goodmorningfriends-1.jpg

I want to say THANKYOUHAT.gif to you all for your comments, PrayersLavenderRose.gif and for reading my post.

I know Cat, it seems that no one come in here like they use to. I come in maybe one time a week other than to post. Sometimes not even that. There are weeks I don’t get in here at all.

Midnightmom, I had no choice about my pace maker, I was flat lining every couple minutes or so. The surgery takes only a short time and then they kept me in the hospital a three days with the first one as I have 2 wires, one for the top and one for the bottom of my heart. It sounds like most of the time it is just one wire. The second time I was in for the day is all, went in in the morning and was out in the afternoon. When you first get the pace maker, you can’t lift your arm above a certain level as you might pull the wires out, but, other than that, it really is not bad. I am so thankful that they have something that helps people like us. You are doing really good on losing weight. I have gained back what it took me 6 -8 years to lose. I really have to start walking on the treadmill and riding the bike again. So yes, CONGRATULATIONS13.jpg

To everyone out there, take good care of yourselves and if you are told you need a pace maker, get one. I'm not sure what they do for the tachycardia, could be a pace maker could help there too.

THANKYOUCOMPUTER-1.gif all again.

HUGS%20ANIMALS_zpsakpfgfi7.gif thPrayingForYou15.gif FALLHAVEAGOODDAYPUMPKINS.gif

Snowmom, "flat-lining" sounds like what happens to people with sleep apnea (like me) except you were doing it while you were awake! Thank you for the information and the encouragement....ANY type of heart surgery is scary to me. Actually, any type of surgery is dangerous to someone who is as obese as moi. :(

Thanks also everyone for the congrats on the weight loss. I have lost 70 lbs so far by diet modifications ONLY. :cook:

I am following a LCHF (low-carb/high-fat) ketogenic diet. It is lower carb than Atkins, and totally eliminates the carbs from wheat and grains. But.....I get to eat lots of bacon and butter. :feedme: (It is a lot harder to "prep" for though.) :canning:

Good for you, Midnight. DH and I lose on the Low Carb forms of diet too. ....unfortunately I do love my baked goods and chocolate. :sigh:

And yes.....not only is it a far more EXPENSIVE diet. Protein is higher priced than carbs!!! But it's harder to follow in preps. But.....since it's only weight loss for us and not a specific allergy/health risk, we figure we'll be far more active and have far less sweets and .....the higher carb ratio during a Post-Hooey-Hits-Fan will be ok. :shrug:

MtRider .... :feedme:

In the middle of a scolding I didn't need, I heard something that has been tickling my mind for a while. Exercise has little (or nothing) to do with weight loss. It's all the food. The amount of running or whatever required to actually burn off a can of soda is amazing. But the flip side is that just not drinking one soda per day can have an amazing effect on weight.

Pacemakers can be used to control Tachycardia. Thankfully I'm not at that level yet. It's funny they say to cut down on smoking and drinking and caffeine. I don't smoke or drink and about 95% of my drinks are decaf.

"They" say to drink coffee to help prevent dementia and red wine for heart health. Sigh. And to take calcium to prevent osteoporosis but calcium deposits can build up in your brain and arteries. I had my bone analysis done a few months back and it came back great. Doc told me to keep taking those calcium tablets because they are working! Uh doc, I don't take calcium tabs. Just an occasional multi vitamin. I kept quiet though. I didn't want to hurt her feelings or add another pill to my daily intake.

I have a little sleep apnea too. I say little because it only happens when I'm sleeping on my back which isn't often. That's the only time I snore too...with my mouth hanging open. When I stop breathing I wake up. That or the loud snoring wakes me. :blush:

• 8 months later...
On 10/24/2016 at 1:17 PM, Mt_Rider said:

Good for you, Midnight. DH and I lose on the Low Carb forms of diet too. ....unfortunately I do love my baked goods and chocolate. :sigh:

And yes.....not only is it a far more EXPENSIVE diet. Protein is higher priced than carbs!!! But it's harder to follow in preps. But.....since it's only weight loss for us and not a specific allergy/health risk, we figure we'll be far more active and have far less sweets and .....the higher carb ratio during a Post-Hooey-Hits-Fan will be ok. :shrug:

MtRider .... :feedme:

I am happy for you that you will actually be able to consume some carbs in a SHTF situation, but I don't think I could. :(

Wheat and corn cause significant edema for me as well as elevating my blood sugars into very unsafe levels. And, as unusual as it may sound, these grains (corn in particular) exacerbate my incontinence (sorry if that's TMI) into being uncontrollable, even with my medication.

I recently moved, and since this apt has less storage than I had before, I decided to give away all of those types of storage foods to the local mission: flour, sugar, corn meal, oats, cream of wheat, etc. They were happy to get it, and I was happy to get rid of it. Only wish I had decided to do it BEFORE I moved it all to the new place!!!

I have a prepper friend who has come to the conclusion that much of her preps CANNOT be eaten by her.  :(  She's got some of the worst allergies...serious/deadly results with some things.  So I do understand that aspect and I'm sorry you also must totally forego those things.  BUT...she has daughters and GrKids.  So she'll be able to feed all her stuff to them. 

If you would have had room to store.....keeping what's already purchased could be used for barter in a post-hooey.  [when it becomes safe to barter]

MtRider  .....the older we get, the more these issues will affect us, it seems.  :(

The preps we went through a few years ago were full of things I couldn't eat.  Now it goes in the prep room only if both DS1 and I can eat it.  DS2 does not live at the house, and DDIL can't eat for example turmeric or nightshades (except at Taco Bell) so I don't plan around their diets.