MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Chaos settling down

Euphrasyne, one thing I can say for this group is they all pray. I am praying for you and baby as well as others on here. These folks prayed for my DH and though he is not over his issues, I know those prayers were answered and they will be answered for you as well. Keep the faith, You will get there. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Things are going ok.  My cat died on Monday so we're a bit sad.  The baby was well at the last appointment and I have another next week to keep a close check on it.  

• Like 5

euphrasyne,.   Glad to hear things are going better for you. So glad to know baby and you are both doing well. 

So sorry to hear about the passing of your kitty.. He or She is now in kitty heaven watching over things. 

• Like 1

blockquote widget

Ignore the mess up above. Sigh. I still don't know how to get rid of that box when I accidentally hit it. And like an idiot I hit it again thinking it will go away.  Every. Single. Time. 

I'm glad you and your babe are doing well! I've been thinking about you. So sorry to hear about your cat though. It's always hard when we lose them. Been there. :hug3:

• Like 1

LOL Jeepers.  For the same reason, I no longer try to use the quote/unquote cuz it kept messing up in weird ways.  :shrug:  Computers are great...until they're not.

Euphrasyne....adding my prayers for you and your family....esp. little one coming!  That you and yours will not have too many additional stressors  :( besides loss of beloved kitty.  That you and yours will be able handle any stressors that do come along.

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

Ignore the mess up above. Sigh. I still don't know how to get rid of that box when I accidentally hit it. And like an idiot I hit it again thinking it will go away.  Every. Single. Time. 

When you hover over the top left corner of the quote box a square with arrows in it will appear. Click on it then you can delete it. If you click on the outermost box it will also delete all boxes within it, :D

• Like 1

I don't do it on purpose. Fat fingers + tiny keyboard = boxes. Those quote thingies are right beside the smilie face dude. At least they are on this little Kindle. One little hair to the left and I'm all boxed in. Wish I could delete the darn things when they happen. But no, I just hit it again hoping, this time, it will go away. Isn't that a sign of insanity or something? Repeating the same thing expecting different results. If the shoe fits...

Another stupid thing I do is I get out of the Jeep, walk around the front of it and then click the door lock, which beeps the horn right beside me, nearly deafening myself. I pull that stunt every time too. Why? :groooansmileyf:

• Haha 2

blockquote widget

Well crap. What do I hit after I hit the arrow? 

quote  Like that, Jeepers.   Cursor over the 4-way arrow and click....THEN hit delete.  MtRider typing on Jeepers'.  /quote 

:lol:   ...I forgot how to do quote box.  We're a pair!  

Edited by Mt_Rider

When that happens to me I just get cancel the message I was going to send, then go back and then (at least on my pc) on the lower left under the quote, it says I have the option to "clear text" and that's what works for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry we took over your thread, Euphrasyne.  It's temporary and then we'll return to original topic.  ;) 

MtRider wondering .....how do you do quote box.....????  Testing....

la la la 

testing....

Ah....I remembered.  These things: [  ]  square brackets.  Jeepers ...try click the 4-direction arrows on mine here...THEN hit DELETE.  You're a mod...you can enter my post like I did yours...  :curtsey: 

Edited by Mt_Rider

I don't know where the delete button is.  :24:

We're a great pair. I didn't even realize you typed in my post. To think they made us mods!  Pffft, I'll just keep saying 'ignore the boxes'. Y'all know I'm half nuts anyway. :girlneener:

• Haha 1

:coffeescreen: 

Dear Friend.....get your new computer out of the box!  You can find the DELETE button on that!  :lol:   I can barely bring a book thru the Internet to my Kindle so...you're way ahead of me on that one. 

Yeah...they might have made us Mods...  :hug3:  ....but they REALLLY don't want us playing with too many buttons!  :whistling: 

Okay, hope you all enjoyed this sidetrack into the ridiculous.  :rolleyes:  Now back to our ORIGINAL THREAD TOPIC....

MtRider  :pc_coffee:   .....I'll have to clean off that screen sometimes, dontcha know...

• Haha 1

DH flew home to this crazy quarantine yesterday after being sent to work up a boat in CA for a month.  He is exhausted and the air quality was terrible so he has a bad cough along with a few other guys who were there.  They all have bronchial infections--no corona thank goodness.   He is going to take some sick days next week to recover from the trip and then see if he can  possibly telecommute for a bit.  We went out and got a few comfort items and some extra ammo today just in case of people being crazy. 

I had a slight scare at the OB last week, but the ultrasound shows that everything is right on target with the baby.  I've lost 5 pounds, but all of my pants are too small.   The older children are thrilled and worried about being out of school, but I have some ideas in the back of my head. The kids and I spent the afternoon reorganizing some things to be less visible.   I had to have a 'gray man' talk with them today.  We practiced saying "we don't have much.  I'm worried"  --just like all their friends keep saying.  My middle child was amused that someone showing his 'hoarding' in an online video had less than we have on say...a random Tuesday in winter.  This led to an excellent math lesson and some algebra on calculating usage and need per person in a given time period.  E=Mc^2 goes over her head, but by gosh she can tell you how many cans of green beans you will need for a given number of people for 7 months.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 5

Euphrasyne, Glad to hear that baby is doing good. Don't need those scares and you need to be extra careful right now. The older children can be a big help cleaning and helping around the house to keep their minds off of what is going on as well as other things to do.  I am trying to get things organized and stuffed packed up for granddaughter. That will lesson my supplies but she needs it more than I do. We will still have plenty. I am only sending mostly the dehydrated and freeze dried as it would be lighter and cost less to mail. 

We are prepared for protection as well and hope and pray it doesn't come to that. But in this day and age there are some crazy ones out there. 

Praying for baby and you still to do fine and now for your DH to get well also. You don't need to catch his cold. 

You have the right mind set on the gray man and we don't have much.  That is very important. Also everything out of sight and out of mind as they say. 

• Like 2

I don't mind the staying home, it is usually my favorite thing.  I did homeschool for a year a long time ago, but we are in a great school district now and my DD16 definitely does better in a classroom setting with special ed support.  I'm fine on all my food, medical, and cleaning preps, but I hope it settles down in time for me to stock for this baby we're having in September. My youngest is currently 11, so I'm basically starting over.  I may put in a garden this year if we can get the supplies and DH is telecommuting.  Life has been a roller coaster since I moved up here and we just haven't bothered with anything but a few containers on the deck.   

DH had to go to work today, but he had a text from his boss about doing some things this morning that indicate he should be on telework within the next week or so.  80% of his job is autocad on the computer so that should be fairly easy to do here.  I will need to implement quiet hours with the kids so he can work in peace.  I am really blessed that he is such a great provider with a strong work ethic.  

I gave DH some Rx from my stash and he is feeling a little better.  They were welding without any ventilation on the boat along with several other major health issues and my husband busted them on it.  It gave several of his team bronchial infections.   I'm not sure if I have what he had or I have my own sinus infection, but here is coughing and MUCUS everywhere.  OOF.  draining down the back of my throat and there is a very limited amount of things I can take because of the GI surgery and the baby.  Benadryl to the rescue.  My hands are feeling a bit better now that the weather is warming, and I have rather a lot of yarn on hand so I'm going to crochet a baby blanket for winter and a fillet wall hanging for the nursery.  I'm thinking maybe a woodland animal theme.  Squirrel!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

It was a trying day today.  I worked on moving a few things around, but I started feeling terrible in the middle of it and had to sit down.  Checked and my blood sugar was 43.  Husband fed me fruit snacks and I took a break for a few hours and had a carby lunch.   I started feeling better later in the afternoon, so I made up a big batch of apple butter with all the apples that needed using up.  I should get about 10 pints out of the batch, but I started feeling horrible towards the end of cooking it down and had to take a break.  DD12 put the pulp away in the fridge for me to finish tomorrow.   I had been 'tasting' the apple sauce,  but I went ahead and ate a snack and checked my  sugar which was normal.  So we checked my pressure and it was down to 113/58.  I was tired, confused, dizzy, lightheaded, freezing, and had shallow breathing so I got them to give me some salt and green tea.  I felt much better after I ate a small spoonful of salt--which is extremely nasty to eat by itself.  

Tomorrow I'm going to  finish making and canning the apple butter and otherwise sit on my butt all day.  I have an appointment with the OB on Tuesday and I'll bring up the recurrent low blood sugar then.   I seem to be having numbers under 50 about 4 or 5 times a week lately.  I'm stuffing my face every 2 hours, so it isn't that I'm not eating frequently enough.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Since my GI surgery a few years back, I mostly stick to a low carb diet.  I usually only push heavy carbs when I'm having low blood sugar. Usually everything runs fairly smoothly and I've been off medication for about 4 years now.  This pregnancy has it plummeting frequently though--its been under 50 3x in the last week alone.  I was worried it might be dumping --spike then drop, but I'm not getting any spikes....just drops.    I've gained a lot of inches for how far along I am, but I've only gained 2 pounds so I don't think it is gestational diabetes, but I have no idea what else it could be.  

ETA: Back to the "off" topic of unwanted text boxes.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, Jeepers said:

Wish I could delete the darn things when they happen. 

Does CTRL + Z  (undo) work on your device? :pc_coffee:

(Hold down the CTRL key and then hit the "Z" key.)

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 1
Just now, euphrasyne said:

Since my GI surgery a few years back, I mostly stick to a low carb diet.  I usually only push heavy carbs when I'm having low blood sugar.

Eating carby food when you are low can be a hit or miss solution. You might get too much and spike your glucose, or you might not get enough to get you out of the slump. On top of that it takes food at least 20 minutes to get digested enough to add glucose to your bloodstream. You should really use Glucose Tablets instead. Each tab is fast acting and has a measured amount of glucose in each one. Take one (or two) to start with then check your levels in about 10 mins to decide if you are okay or need to take more. 

When are glucose tablets used?
If you feel like you have low blood sugar or a check shows it’s low, you need a quick source of glucose. Most foods and even candy can take too long to get glucose into your blood. In a pinch, things like sugar, honey or juice will do. However, glucose tablets and other glucose products are designed for your body to absorb glucose rapidly.

Another advantage of glucose tablets is that they come in a precise dose. The standard recommended amount of glucose to treat low blood sugar episodes is 15 grams. If you use foods, candy or beverages, you need to know how much you need to consume in order to get 15 grams of glucose. For example, you need about 1 tablespoon of honey or 4 ounces of juice. Using a glucose product gives you confidence you are getting the right amount. Typically, you need to chew four glucose tablets to get enough glucose.

Once you take glucose tablets, recheck your blood sugar in 15 minutes. A simple rule—15 and 15—makes this easy to remember. You need 15 grams of glucose then wait 15 minutes. If your level is still low, repeat the glucose dose.

https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care/diabetes/what-to-know-about-glucose-tablets