MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

Is Prepping Dead?

A timely and important blog post from Patriot Nurse:

Did The Donald Kill Prepping?Now hear me out on this one. I am breathing the same sigh of relief that the Hildabeast didn’t become POTUS as much as you, but I’ve noticed a somewhat disturbing trend as of late. It seems that some folks have closed the chapter on prepping in light of President-elect Trump’s recent win. Don’t do it.

Here’s why:

Firstly, the President, while powerful, is not in charge of monetary policy. That’s the Federal Reserve’s job.

Secondly, our nation is irreconcilably divided. Strong words? You betcha, but they are accurate. These great United States have vast chasms of difference in the way they view gun rights, taxation, moral issues, and the appropriate role of government in the lives of its citizens.

My friends, money issues and family squabbles will likely be on the forefront of many a Thanksgiving table this week, as they were during the Revolution and the War Between the States. The Donald’s election was merely a blood-transfusion to a failing body. It bought us time, but we are still on the transplant list.

Be prepared.
This is a very truncated synopsis of her post. Read it in its entirety here: http://thepatriotnurse.com/blogs/the-brazen-truth/did-the-donald-kill-prepping

Agree with everything Patriot Nurse wrote. Luckily, the people I'm working with had already declared that no matter who won, we were moving forward with our various plans and preps. In discussing matters beforehand, we all pretty much agreed that no matter who won, all that did was adjust maybe what exactly would happen, and exactly when, but not the urgent need for prepping. So we're all continuing on full steam. I thank God everyday that he brought us all together. I've felt His Hand frequently in the past three weeks, and am grateful for His watchful Eye.

Since economic issues [or political issues] are only ONE disaster that could happen, I doubt anyone here would bring their prepping to a close.

---- 7.8 earthquake in New Zealand and other significant earthquakes all over the place are in the news.

---- Wildfires are always with us. :behindsofa:

---- Personal disasters....$$, family break-ups, house fires, job loss, etc

---- Weather : winter storms, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, etc

----Solar EMP

Endless potential for our personal little worlds to be rocked. :imoksmiley:

MtRider ....And hey! Pre-Thanksgiving sales and Pre-Christmas baking sales are the best sales of the whole year for stocking basics!!! :shopping:

I did the pre-Thanksgiving buying of a ham on sale at Aldis. I cooked the dried beans and fresh ham until time to can them. We now have 13 quarts of ham and bean soup. :hapydancsmil:

It's not dead, but gone quiet. There are still prepping classes out where I live, but it's not as vocal anymore.

I think the public eye is looking at other things this day, letting us get by with our lives.

Seeing as how we are portrayed in the lame stream media (i.e. doomsday preppers, anti government militias etc.), who wants to put up with that?

ROBIE

It's not dead, but gone quiet. There are still prepping classes out where I live, but it's not as vocal anymore.

I think the public eye is looking at other things this day, letting us get by with our lives.

Seeing as how we are portrayed in the lame stream media (i.e. doomsday preppers, anti government militias etc.), who wants to put up with that?

ROBIE

:hi: Robie, nice to see you again.

I think you are right. All the bad publicity has caused preppers to become more discrete.

Hi Robie :wave:

It's not dead at my house! I think you right. In uncertain times no one wants to broadcast it anymore except maybe places like here where you can be as anonymous as you want to be and around like-minded people.

Some of the 'survivalist' type shows gave real 'preppers' a bad name. But then again, we knew they would. I think many of us just want to be able to feed our family and be as comfortable in our own home as possible in case of inclement weather, sickness, job loss etc. And not have to be a millionaire (or thousandaire) to do it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.