MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's been a while

I finally have my down time, this year has been incredibly hard as I worked most days, evenings and weekends just to make a living wage.

The good news in our family is that DD2 is expecting a baby boy in December. Many of you prayed for her when she had fibroid surgery. This is a miracle for her, as the surgeon nearly removed her uterus during that surgery. It is a high risk pregnancy due to the earlier surgery and we expect that she will have a caesarean earlier than the due date.

The bad news is that DH has been told that there are no further treatments to help him and that the cancer is progressing. So the known tumours are growing again, a new tumour behind a rib has pushed through and is quite large quite quickly and the left lung which previously had no cancer now has several cancer lesions. To top a horrible visit to oncology they told us that the girls February visit should happen in the next 1 - 2 months and that his care would now be with hospice and that we should accept a hospital bed from them as soon as he needs it. I had been planning to buy an electrical bed in the new year so that our home stayed as a home and did not turn into a hospital. While this is something we are slowly coming to terms with, we are struggling because he is still doing really well. It is a really difficult time for our youngest daughter as her boyfriend is now under palliative care for cancer.

While this has been a long time coming, it still is a struggle, but then we realise that he has already defied the doctors several times and maybe it will be the same this time.

so how do we deal with it? We believe that God numbers our days, and that science, disease and doctors do not give us that number. If this is his time then we will deal with it, but in the mean time as we have been saying since March 2009 - we are too busy living to have time to think about dying!

The positive side is that the church is going to come and see what they can do to help do some of the small jobs around the place. 

• Sad 3

((((((((SueC and family))))))))

Hard news to hear.....after all the years of struggle.  Yes, God has given you more time with your dh these past years....definitely HIS work.  And we'll all pray again...for more time.  The same happened to my aunt.  Eventually....we all go.  And if this is that time for your dh, we will pray for all of you thru that too.  We're all too far away to do the face to face things.  I'm glad to hear your church will be active.  But PRAYER is not little thing.....it is the biggest thing.  :amen: Through the marvel of modern technology, we can pray from a half a globe away....and effectively 'stand' with you all.  I have tears for your pain right now, dear friend.  But I know you have the right of it.  God decides and He knows and will uphold you.  And your youngest dd....also dealing with cancer for her boyfriend.  So very sad.   :(  I hope she and boyfriend also knows how to cling to God's comfort.

We will also rejoice and pray for this new little boy due in a few months.  ......God, this little one needs Your special attention.  This would be such a miracle and a comfort while this family struggles.  Give SueC's dd2 the strength and health to bring this son into the world healthy....beating all the odds.  We know YOU are the author of all life and we pray this little life will cause tears of joy.....  :wub:

Try to rest when you can, friend.  Bearing the financial burden is a huge responsibility and I pray God's strength for you too.

MtRider  ....keep us informed as you can..  :pray:  :pray:  :pray: 

• 1 month later...

thanks for all your thoughts prayers and love. we are getting more in touch with what is happening or could be happening. At the moment we are looking forward to the girls all visiting. The first ones arrive next week, the last ones leave late October. We are really blessed as he is still doing most things - like mowing the lawn! and then something might have lose his breath, like standing in church! There is no knowing when he will have energy or not and he just keeps on doing what he can. 

The church had a working bee, and got rid of all the rubbish, dug out ugly useless poles and stumps, removed the old wood stove (it didn't work) mowed the lawn and left us with a manageable yard. This means that we can manage the rest of what is needed in the garden. And we are slowly getting the house to the point it is manageable until such time we do the renos. My biggest jobs were that I wanted the bathroom and kitchen to be looking fresh and to be able to clean easily. I am not worried about the age of them! So a plumber in about 10 days to sort out the bathroom, and the kitchen needs a coat of paint. then both rooms will get new vinyl flooring. 

Work has started again, and while I didn't get any sewing done, I feel that I have gone back to work fresher than last year and with strategies to keep a good work life balance.

love you all - so many times your prayers and thoughts are just at the right time and when I need them. 

Sue

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...