MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Momo

Check out drug prices

DH was released from hospital yesterday with 3 new prescriptions.  I have already checked out the prices with and without insurance at various pharms and have found ways to save alot of money.  It is not always cheapest to use insurance.  It pays to shop around.  I also have the Doctor write 3 separate prescriptions (instead of 3 on one sheet) which makes it easier to use different pharmacies.

• Like 3

DH and I found that it was to our great advantage to hide my Medicare status!!!!! 

But of course, things change without notice so I suppose one has to keep checking....keep checking....  :shrug:

MtRider  ....good reminder, Momo  :pray: for MrMomo

I posted this in the Pinching Pennies Forum..I don't know how it got here and I can't figure out how to move it with this new forum set up.  Grrrr

Very true MtnRIder..places like WalMart sell some 3 month maintenance drugs for $10 which is alot less than using your Medicare Part D insurance.

3 hours ago, Momo said:

I posted this in the Pinching Pennies Forum..I don't know how it got here and I can't figure out how to move it with this new forum set up.  Grrrr

I'm on my phone so I don't know how to move it, I will see if I can. 

WM had cheaper prices for DH's meds too. 

ETA:  Figured out how to move this thread on my phone. :hapydancsmil:

Edited by Annarchy
Moved

Publix has some for free.

CVS gave me a choice of using insurance for one scrip, meaning $7, or doing without--$2.13!

DH's most $$$$$ drug is $425/month co-pay.  We paid that once so far....and will probably get reimbursed.  The company has options for folks without co-pay insurance.  But of course, you work for that $$$ by filling out forms to qualify and putting up with nasty folks at the counter.  [well....ONE nasty lady at the counter who lied and said he doesn't get that co-pay discount despite getting the card from the company]  :buttercup: 

Our whole deal with prescriptions has been a nightmare ....I think it's due to that now-gone doc who never finished writing out his script orders.  :motz_6: Now we've got scripts coming from TWO pharmacies at the same time.  .....I give up!  We bought both of them.  A rare opportunity to get a month ahead on meds vital for his pulmonary embolism.  A month ahead is FAR BETTER THAN DAYS BEHIND ...as it has been running.  So...... :amen: 

MtRider  ......yanno?  The world of Western medical health care is one we like to stay FAR.....FAR away from as much as possible!  Sheeesh!  [but vital iffen you DO need it] 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.