MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Andrea

Online Shopping

I did a quick search and didn't see any mention of this, but most of you are pro's at penny-pinching so you've probably already figured this out.  But, did you know that you can shop wal-mart.com and as long as you spend $35 your shipping is free?!?  And, if you have a swagbucks account and log in through there, you can save an additional 2-5% off the top.  So, once a month, I have all of our basics delivered (cat litter, cat food, laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo & conditioner, etc) and I don't have to worry about our local wal-mart not having an item in stock.  Or, if my knee is acting up, I don't have to waste my daily knee usage up on trudging through wal-mart.  Then, every 3-6 months, depending on how much I've stocked up, I go collect my swagbucks and I usually have around $25-$50 to apply to my Amazon account for items that Wal-Mart doesn't carry.  (Usually Advantage flea treatments for the cats).

Thought I'd give you all a heads up.  By the way, yes, I do know that by logging in through swagbucks my shopping patterns are heavily monitored.  But, I don't really care if people know how much cat litter and laundry soap I go through.  :D

• Like 3

I tried Wal Mart a few months back and ordered 3 items.  It took 2 weeks to get two items and the third one never showed up.  They did issue a refund easily though. I guess I should try again and give them another chance since it should be more convenient. I have heard that some older folks order the big 50 pound bags of dog food to help get it home.  Good idea!

• Like 1

DH & I were chatting about that the other day. I might check into it. It’s a 20 mile round trip to get to our local WM and they sometimes are sold out of some of the things on my list. 

Can an you use the coupon matching on-line?

I'm in Central California so I tend to get things within a few days.  But absolutely YES on the 50 lb bags of dog food.  I order the 25 pound bags of cat litter and food every month and it comes right to my door.  In fact, if I'm home, they'll bring them into the garage for me!  The last two times I've actually gone into the store, I've been told that the items I want have to be ordered online.  It takes a bit of advance planning sometimes, but for most of my purchases, I'm simply replacing items we've used and that I keep a 3-6 month supply of anyway.  And while some claim it's bad for the local economy to not purchase items from the stores themselves so that they have to employ cashiers and stock people, it's been extremely beneficial to my personal economy.  :D  

As for coupon matching, I"m not sure that works online.  Very little of what I buy has coupons.  

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1

Publix now delivers, which helps on days I can barely walk as far as the bathroom.  (There's this invisible midget following me around, see, and he keeps stabbing me.)  The lady who makes intelligent substitutions gets tipped a lot better than the lady who just leaves things out when she can't find what I asked for.

• Like 2

I use Walmart.com quite a bit. I keep items in the shopping cart until I reach $35. I remind DH to check the cart before he orders anything.   :grinning-smiley-044:  Sometimes I go back to the cart and change what I was interested in. I don't like shopping so like to try new ways of avoiding the crowds.  :hi:

• Like 2

On 10/24/2017 at 7:32 PM, Ambergris said:

There's this invisible midget following me around, see, and he keeps stabbing me.)

OMG you got one of those too!?!  :grinning-smiley-044:

I’m going to check it out when I get back home. If I have to get heavy stuff, I take DH, but, he never fails to wreck my shopping list and budget, when I do.  Plus, in our area, we have a lot of people using the motorized carts, and I have been run into and run over. :shopping:

LOL   Those carts are my lifeline when shopping.....but like the roadways, wow--there are some WHACKY drivers!  :sassing: AND driving them is a learned skill....especially with the controls being slightly different from machine to machine.  Fortunately they stop nearly immediately when one lets go of the accelerator handle.  I never use foot brake but sometimes snap from Forward to Backward to stop very quickly.  Very hard to get out of an aisle and into the stream cuz front wheel sticks out before you can see.  Then too, I never try to wade thru clothing racks.  I'd suffocate.  Not enough clearance.  

OTOH...I've had people jump out in front of me and don't even see me.  In my own wheelchair, I've had someone SIT on me!  MORE THAN ONCE!  We're too low and are unseen. 

When DD1 had her horrific accident that nearly ripped off her leg, we were moving her to Maui from Honolulu.  She had a leg that couldn't be bent....stuck straight out.  At airport, a lady jumped backwards when the scanner thing buzzed at her ....nearly landing on DD1's leg.  A lot of screaming took place.  I'd JUST been going to tell SIL to move her back a ways.....cuz he got her too close.  Later, when we took her out to a mall, I explained my experiences and showed them how to circle DD1 and her awkward leg....to protect her. 

I'll just bet stores in AZ and FL would have even higher percentage of carts per store.  It would be nice if they designed the stores to accomodate that traffic too.  You two might think of joining them....for self-protection.  ;)  But then you'd have to watch out for 'bumper cars'. 

MtRider ....wheeeeeeeee!  :grinning-smiley-044:

I don't have many problems with those scooters in the stores but I'm so very thankful the grocery stores around here stopped providing those little kiddie shopping carts. Now those were a hazard. Little kids running through the store with those things "helping mom" was awful. I can't imagine who thought those were a good idea. I just hope they never bring them back.

I'm not talking about the small size shopping carts for adults. I love those things. 

We have the grocery carts with a kiddie car attached to the front.  Room for 2 kids.  Contained and they think they're driving....but ARE NOT.  LOL  Hopefully momma can drive a shopping cart as long as a caddie tho....

have no idea where this quote box came from.  Shoo!  Go away!  Humph!

oh good...it deleted....  :rolleyes:

MtRider 

We have those carts here too. These were actual miniature metal shopping carts made for children. I'm pretty sure the parents didn't appreciate them either.

1. Walmart won't match ads here anymore.
  2. Our bank won't allow our debit cards to be used at walmart.com due to fraud.
  3. I love the little adult carts, but they never seem to have them up with the regular carts, so I snag them in the parking lot and take them in.
  4. I spend way too much on Amazon.  We finally hit the end of the huge box of paper towels from last year, though!
  • Like 2

I think my son's family singlehandedly keeps Amazon in business.  Some days they have multiple deliveries,  He says they spend over $1,000 a month there!   I wish I had $1,000 dollars a month!

We seldom shop online. Too much fraud going on.  We both enjoy shopping, so we both go together.  Sometimes if he's in Menards, Lowes or something similar here in town, I just sit in the truck with Abby-girl and people watch!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.