MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mt_Rider

2018 January Free eBooks

This one might be very interesting .....or not.  :shrug:   It looks interesting.  Has clickable table of contents.  Has exerpts from OLDE TYME books, recipes, intructions on the way they used to do these things.  431 pages but print is big. 

Lost Skills of the 19th Century: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO A VARIETY OF USEFUL ARTS NO LONGER WIDELY KNOWN OR PRACTICED  by Eric Smith

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077XHNPPQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=paspr-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B077XHNPPQ&linkId=072ad7cc42287b1d8c9a2b968874fb08

Free today

MtRider  :reading: 

• Thanks 1

I know, Midnight.....I read that far in this book too.  I did a double-take when I was  saw the word.  {sheeesh, my brain-fingers connection has been dyslexic lately! }

I've been perusing the book and it is indeed interesting.  It has these explanations at the end of the chapter -- mostly word definitions within the context of that era.  :thumbs:  

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I am thoroughly enjoying reading the Foxfire books we bought.  Had to drive over 2 states to get what we have.  Still have 4 volumes we'll looking for.  So much information on how the old timers lived, managed and believed.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 3:21 PM, Midnightmom said:

Hey, Ambergis.....................

Did you know this about your screen name??? :scratchhead:

ambergris.JPG

Yes, actually.  Someone on an old chat site used to call me Whale Snot.:grinning-smiley-044: But when I made lotions and soaps, oh so long ago, it was my favorite scent to include.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.