MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

EDC purse kit.

EDC purse kit, and no it not a huge purse. Tissue, gloves, sewing kit, flashlight   granola bar, bandages, antibiotics cream, lip balm, pocket knife, matchsticks, sharpie, emery boards, scissors, ear plugs, glasse wipes, cash.

I need to add hard candy and parchment paper and a whistle.
 If you need to leave a note parchment paper and a sharpie with give you a water resistant way to leave the note. They are in a easy to transfer bags.

20181122_162005~2.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, just thinking what I carry in my purse..... it’s a med pack, personal protection kit, hygiene kit, and I might be able to survive a few days with just it, as my pack. Yikes, no wonder it weighs so much. :008Laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I skip the "purse" altogether.  My DDs tease me about carrying a backpack/hip pack combination.  YET....try lifting one of their huge leather purses! Easily weigh as much as my backpack....and it rolls.   I can go into stores, etc with merely the hip pack [attached to me so my empty skull can't leave the thing laying somewhere].  BUT I have backup equipment/supplies in the vehicle.  They have to lug their stuff all over.  The bag itself is quite heavy!

.....course 'brainless', I left the hip pack at home today :o  NOT the plan cuz vital stuff in there.  Yet my I.D. stuff, some cash, liter/lip balm, small LED lite, SAK, bandana, etc were all in various pockets anyway.  I always look a little 'bulgy'.  

I'm STILL slowly getting all unpacked and sorted from having been gone.  .... :(  have to move kitty's bed, etc too - making room for stuff near front door.  It's still kinda a jumble since coming home...which is how the hip pack got missed.  Working on it!

MtRider  :dusting:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

Right this minute? Purse has pocket knife (small multi-tool), pocket knife (large single blade,) water wrench, wallet with ID and cards, cash, silver coinage, comb, broken rubber band,  notepad and broken pencil, receipts, loose notes, sour apple candy in case migraine threatens, one day's worth of the daily pills, unbroken rubber band, Salonpas, pens, and phone.  Hm.  Some things got moved to the fanny pack, and then to the Grab and Go because I couldn't tolerate the weight.  Might be time to reassess.

• Like 2

My purse is pretty sparse. My Jeep is pretty well equipped so if I'm out and about I'm with the Jeep. Probably not the greatest strategy but I can't do a heavy purse because of my back.

So, in my purse right now I have a square wallet that holds all my credit and library cards and drivers license and car insurance card etc. It holds my folding money and my change. I have a key chain with 3 keys on it. There is a zipper area that holds secret cash and a thin credit card holder that has all of my health insurance cards in it. The back zipper area has a little folding fan (Japanese type) a sticky note pad a mechanical pencil and a thin cheap tape measure. There are two little snap pockets on the front. One has an extra car key, a travel size Advil box, a day worth of Rx meds and some peppermint lifesaver candy. The other snap pocket is empty. 

The Jeep is pretty well stocked and as close as the parking lot. I only have my cell phone with me when I travel. That will change when I move. Probably. I hate cell phones.

Without actually going down stairs to measure it, I'm guessing it's about 12 inches long by 9 inches tall and maybe about 4 inches thick. Yeah, a Wal-Mart special that I've been carrying for over seven years. It's canvass and wipes clean. And I have two more just like it in the closet in reserve if it ever wears out.  LOL

• Like 4

I probably should downsize mine. Right now, coin purse, wallet with pen, note pad, checkbook, DL, med & ins cards, business cards, debit cards, escape tool, knife, small multi tool, nail clippers, porcelain nail file, P38, whistle, sun screen pen, lip balm, pack of gum, a roll of antacid, halls lozenges, a container w/toothpicks, small dental floss, bic lighter, small mirror, bandaids, small neosporin, Kleenex, pkgs of honey, salt pkgs, hand sanitizer, listerine slips, personal protection w/extra mags, reading glasses, a small sewing kit w/needles & sizzers, mechanical pencil, small wooden pencil, hard candy, clip on polarized sunglasses, 2 microfiber glasses cases, miniature can opener, home keys, MIL’s house keys, small plastic comb, 2 flashlights, and I know I’m forgetting some things. When DH doesn’t come with, I add more. The car BOBs have the food, tools, clothing and the rest of the stuff I’d need.  Yeah, it’s a little heavy. :0327:

• Like 1

Had to chuckle...I have two small zippered bags and each contains many (and more) of the items mentioned.  I slip them into my huge leather bag, and then my regular canvas purse in there too.  I started the emergency thing once several years ago when we were at a flea market and a couple of ladies came running through the crowd screaming "does anybody have some aspirin! We have someone having a heart attack!"  Nobody did...but now I do!  The helicopter arrived and loaded him up but never heard of his welfare.  When I go into the stores I just carry my canvas bag but my big leather bag is also in the front floorboard handy.  Hubby has sure appreciated that leather bag a time or two! Nail clippers, glass cleaner...etc. :24:

• Like 3

You know how businesses take the handles/knobs off their  outside faucets to keep homeless people and mischief-makers from turning the water on?  A water wrench lets you turn on those faucets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This reminds me of the first aid kit I made hubby when he worked in the oilfield. His first day on the job someone needed a bandaid and there was no first aid kit to be found. The next day he had a gallon zip lock bag in the top of his lunch box that had everything needed in an emergency except and epic pen, but there was Benadryl. Everyone picked on him for weeks until someone needed something and they all soon figured out he was the go to guy. They thought one guy was having a heart attack and hubby had aspirin. I think his coworkers were sadder to see his lunchbox leave than they were to see him leave.:008Laughing:

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Ambergris said:

You know how businesses take the handles/knobs off their  outside faucets to keep homeless people and mischief-makers from turning the water on?  A water wrench lets you turn on those faucets.

I think most of us RV'ers call them a "Water Thief"...LOL

• Like 1

I don't carry a purse most the time. When I do it has my meds, lighter, phone charger, tissues, hard candy, phone, money and id, lip balm and bandaids and antibiotic ointments.  I used to carry a bigger purse that had more in it, but with back issues it is hard to carry much. I do have more in my work bag, including all my nurse supplies. When my kids were younger I had snacks and drinks, scissors to cut straws down to size for the smaller kids to drink and kid occupiers such as a mirror, small toys and books. Now I travel lighter and most of my supplies are in the car, not on my person, including a walking stick and some of those slip over the shoes ice grippers, but most of what I carry ends up in my pockets, not a purse. Besides, when I carry a purse everyone adds their stuff to it for me to carry and it gets heavier.