MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gofish

A space blanket worth having

Nice video. My only issue is with using rubber bands. They break too easily and over time, if stored too long, they dry up and become brittle. I think twine or even string would be more reliable though not as easy to work with. . Or maybe even those binder clip things.  :shrug:

Can't watch vid....is it showing an idea for any space blanket or selling a specific one? 

I carry a simple, expendible space blanket in my pocket most season....cuz it can reflect the sun's heat too.  We used a large mylar sheet as a curtain on the large kitchen SW facing window.  Gets full sun and full WIND.  It also deflects the furnace heat coming from a duct below it....doing no good if warm air runs up a frigid window and into the room. 

Well, couldn't find a replacement this year for the tattered-to-bits sheet.  So I bought a tube tent of mylar.  It's big and is now doubled...hanging from the curtain rod.  I think I'll put another couple of those on my LIST.  Two can easily fit....or one and a large WARM [possibly wet] dog.  :lol:  And it's quite a small package.  If we lost heat for any length of time, I'd stuff crumbled newspapers between the two layers in that window. 

MtRider  :campfire:  shopping.png

Edited by Mt_Rider

He does recommend a brand but that's not the focus of the video. It's more the best ways to use the space blanket.