MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

sickness bags

Two things happened this week that I made me recognize a gap in my flu box.

First my youngest got the stomach flu and was sick for 2 days second I had surgery and was sick from the Anesthesia. The hospital sent me home with some barf bags. I really liked the ease of use and disposal of these bags so I found some on the internet I'm going to order.

https://www.ebay.com/i/123358334595?chn=ps

Edited by gofish
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Got a message from some friends and they are both down with the flu.  They take "the shot" but guess it didn't protect them.  They were headed to our local "Urgent Care" facility.  Another friend called this morning and when talking, she said they had both gotten the flu some time ago and were so sick they thought they'd feel better if they just died.  Again, they take the shot also.  It may be controversial, but we believe that taking the shots actually lower your immunity, eventually, and you're even more at risk.  Just our opinion.

Edited by The WE2's
42 minutes ago, The WE2's said:

It may be controversial, but we believe that taking the shots actually lower your immunity, eventually, and you're even more at risk.  Just our opinion

That's been our observation too. 

MtRider .....hope your friends recover quickly.  That FLU is still around so be careful out there.  :bighug2:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Jeepers said:

They said this years vaccine wasn't effective for the strain going around.

:whistling:  Seems like THEY say that every year...... 

...only thing either of us have had in 5 yrs or more was MINNESOTA Coughing Crud DH brought home with him...and I worked hard not to get it with him coughing all over for close to 3 wks.  But except for feeling like "it's trying to get me" a couple days, I did not catch it.  :amen:

MtRider  .....I've got a couple of those things in the First Aid bag.  Couple of the hospital little trays too.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

That FLU is still around so be careful out there. 

I have a quart canning jar that I fill with ice water for my daily drink...and I have been adding my Elderberry syrup to it.  Still avoiding crowds, washing hands thoroughly when we do get out among people...and using wet wipes when we get back to the truck. Some wash their hands "before" they go in and use a cart...but they handle all kinds of stuff in the store, putting their items on conveyor belts, handling money, and standing in front of checkers...so we wash up asap when we get back to the truck, and when we get home we do our "breathing" exercise with our Oregano essential oil.

One of our kids used to get car sick.  We'd get one of the huge drink cups from a gas station and keep it by her.  If she threw up, it was big enough to cover her mouth and nose, so everything went into the cup...which was promptly sealed in a bag with the wet wipes used to clean her face.  The bag would be chunked at the next available trash can.  Not the same as a barf bag, but might be useful to somebody.

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...