MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2019 Where The Heart Is

Thursday, a dear childhood friend's wife called to say he had passed on.  He and she have been friends of mine since I was 13 years old, and I even fixed her hair for her when they got married.  I spent most of the day remembering the fun times we used to have instead of crying.  They live in Ohio but spent many military years in Georgia, so she'll be taking him there for burial.  I'll keep in touch with her once she's back home in Ohio.  She's retired but like most of us, can't stand to sit around so she's planning to find some sort of work/job etc.  Don't blame her a bit.  I worked part-time after my 1st passed away and continued to work part-time until about 5 years ago.  She sounded like she was going okay, but I know it will become very silent in about 3 weeks, so I'll check on her.  Her son is flying home from Iraq for the funeral and the daughter lives in GA.  She won't have any trouble finding work and I know she's got lots of friends there in OH...she's such a sweetie.  I could kick myself though because the last time he talked with us, he invited us up and promised to take us through the military museum there...and we didn't get it done. 

• Sad 2