MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

Pray for Hawaii, please

Hurricane Erick is leading this year's season.  Tonite is a Cat 4 with 160 mph wind gusts.  It's still out from HI and is SUPPOSED to track straight west....going underneath the islands.  [ H. Iniki was SUPPOSED to do that too and made a right angle turn N. during the night.  We woke up to different news.  Hurricanes do not behave!] 

Anyway, by the time H. Erick is under Big Island [eastern most island] it's supposed to be a Cat 1.  Which should be fine...send some needed rain.  But also wind/high surf. 

OK, here's the thing.  But my Grsons are supposed to be competing at Hawaiian Canoe State Championships this weekend....on Kauai.  [one of the furthest islands to the west]  Praying that H. Erick stays the southern course....drops down to tropical storm...and does not unduly stir up huge surf, etc for the risk of kids in this Championship.  My whole family will be on Kauai this weekend. 

Then there is H. Flossie coming along almost the same route as H. Erick.  Some days behind and is Cat. 1 tonite.  Will increase to Cat 2 but drop back to Cat 1 before reaching islands.  BUT Flossie is tracking to go right thru the islands....going over top of several of them.  Pray Floss will have settled to a tropical storm by then.  The huge city of Honolulu would especially appreciate that cuz they are on track to get hit.

As I've learned, hurricanes can be quite unpredictable.   IF these two behave as expected, should be little problem.  Islands NEED rain.  :shrug: 

2nd request:  DH starts a new job tomorrow  -- Wednesday.  Very early schedule and quite physical job for old man. 

MtRidere  :pray:    Doesn't life every settle down and get boring? 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

H. Erick has veered a little further south but pretty much staying on track.  Is down to Cat 3 tonite, as expected.  :)

H. Flossie  is now expected to veer further north and not directly go over any of the islands....tho close to northern sides of Big Island and Maui.  Still expected to be tropical storm [60-70 mph] by that time....big surf and rain!  They are already getting some rain from both systems coming in.  Flossie is still a ways out...hard to tell.  But not a very powerful storm like H.Erick was just yesterday.  Even at Cat 3 today, only traveling at 15 mph so it's not roaring in. 

Looking good.  :amen: 

DH did not exactly start work today.  He went in for drug test and some orientation.  But when they asked for his SS card.....it wasn't in his wallet.  :o   So came home after just some things they could do.  Will leave here tomorrow at 5:30AM and bring in an original copy of his birth certificate.  Have looked in the two other places the SS card COULD be....but wasn't.  :scratchhead:   He had it for sure just last Feb.   I don't think he's received the new ones they are slowly sending out.  My folks and I have gotten our new ones.  I think his current one would be original to his first job.  But birth cert will do and he'll begin learning something entirely NEW tomorrow.  Pray.....old folks don't learn NEW very quickly and the restaurant business is quick.  Once he's got it, he'll be fine.  Shifting schedule didn't help.  Neither of us slept well last nite.  

So I was sleeping when he left but Koa did NOT like getting left behind.  So she's sitting...staring at the door, cryin' the blues.  I get up and tell her to shut it off!  That didn't work.  So I invite her up on the big bed and she crawls in right along side me.  I go back to sleep deeply.  Then I get woken by a noise that I think is dripping...it's raining?  No....dog is now licking her hot spot on her tail.  I holler "MINE!"  ...so she'll leave it alone.  And go back to sleep.  Some time later, Koa is barking at the door.  But it's an announcement bark, not "THERE'S SOMEONE HERE AND YOU'D BETTER CHECK THIS OUT!!!"  So I check for clothing, stumble for my quad cane, and glance outside. 

:imoksmiley:  DH's car is there.  :scratchhead:   Did he forget to bring it this morning?  {yes...I really thot that!}  So I opened the door and was waking up further when he explained why he [and car] had to come home early today.  Shheeeeesh!  You're killin' me here!  

So pray for sleep and CLEAR THINKING during this transition.  PLEASE!!!

MtRider  ....ay yi yi!

• Sad 1

:pray: <---------- You got em!

Too bad they don't check EVEYONE'S  documents that closely. Know what I mean.  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So far Erick and Flossie are behaving nicely.  Winding down to Cat 1 and Tropical storm.  Kauai needs this Regatta to boost economy in an area recovering from drastic floods a year ago.  So I hope all goes well over there. 

Thanks so much for prayers.  DH survived the first day of work.  Messy.  Hot.  Says he'll fit into those smaller clothes soon.  Had to run all over today.  Hopes for good pay.

MtRider  .....I woke up at 6am.....and DH had left an hour before that.  :offtobed:  This is SO not my schedule!

• Like 1

H.Erick was south ...not a problem.  Grson's teams both placed in top 3 for the Championship.  :cheer: 

H.Flossie will be cruising thru near Maui in the next 24 hrs.....but is down to Tropical Depression. 

Remember the bad wildfire on Maui recently?  They'll welcome the rain and stay out of the higher surf. 

MtRider  ...thanks everyone!  :amen: 

Congrats to g-sons team! :cheer:

Glad the weather is twisting and turning in the proper position too.  :pray:

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.