MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jeepers

Deep South Homestead

I really like this website! I watch it nearly every day. They had a flood come through and did a lot of damage and now, in the same year, they are having a sever drought. He is building an off grid cabin on his property and has huge gardens. His wife Wanda does a lot of canning and they both share their wealth of knowledge. They are in southern Mississippi.

The video titled What Does A DROUGHT Look Like is really eye opening. Now, I really like Wanda but just between us, I will admit I might or might not have a tiny crush on Danny.  :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0P1Q-lAsIwnIM8wDPCg_g/videos I

Edited by Jeepers
Reworded
  • Like 1

When I click on the link, all I get is a youtube header and a completely blank page.  Not sure why.

Their various videos were listed for me.  IDK why it didn’t work for you. 

• Like 1

Hummm. It opened their YouTube website for me. I have some shopping to do first and I can't link on the Kindle but I'll link that certain one about the drought later tonight when I get on the laptop unless someone else does it. 

Wish I knew how to link from a Kindle. I don't even know if it's possible. Sigh.

Nice videos!  I don't usually do you tube, but these are cool.  (For minute there when I read deep south homestead I thought you meant me, LOL!)  We have many of the same issues.

It is nice to find out how others are coping.

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 1

Hope they can help some of us. Even if we aren't in the deep south. He saves his seeds and plants heirloom. BTW, I don't make anything posting their site. I don't have a YouTube account and can't even comment on anything. Nor do I want to They don't know I exist. I just think they have a lot to offer. 

He is a Jack of all trades and used to be a minister and did counseling and had a construction company. Previous wife died from breast cancer. He is building an off grid cabin as time and money allows. They also have a broadcast I think once a week, where they do question and answers. 

Oh my Amber, my heart would melt just listening to you talk. 

Miki, hope the second link works for you. If not just go to YouTube and type in Deep South Homestead. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ambergris said:

In case you wonder what my accent sounds like...

Being from Alabama it sounds like home :wub:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ambergris said:

In case you wonder what my accent sounds like...

Hmmm.....I've never heard your accent when I read your posts, Ambergris.  :D 

MtRider  ....flattened today!  :buttercup:  

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:38 PM, Jeepers said:

I watch it nearly every day

Same here Jeepers.  I'm a sub to them and enjoy what info they have to share...even though their climate is totally different from mine.  Especially Wanda and her candy corn!  I mix mine with peanuts every fall! LOL

• Like 1

I check in on Doug and Stacy too. I hadn't heard of the other one. Thanks. I'll check them out.

Danny and Wanda (like I'm on a first name basis with them) share so much that isn't just about deep south living. Like seed saving and canning etc. Danny once said something about being very interested in Native American ways and wanted to do a series about it.

Did you happen to catch Janie Pendleton's link of her house that's for sale. Wow. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cca4YpTlMjo

Wondered why I hadn't seen anything new from Janie. Found her video explaining...lots going on and they've bought themselves a farm!

Edited by The WE2's
added content

I'm surprised Youtube let her advertise like that. But, I really don't know YT's policy.

Did ya hear the big news. Danny and Wanda got rain! Only about five minutes worth but they were thrilled. They were out dancing in it. They were so darn cute. Had some pretty good moves going on too. It really warmed my heart to see them hugging. :darlenedance:

Danny and Wanda getting their groove thang on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRFh5QC0EM

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.