MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

Preparedness Should Allow You to Live in Peace, Not Hide in Fear

You need things in your life outside of prepping. The \

This article isn’t targeted to the folks who have their little piece of rural paradise that is so perfect they legitimately do not want to leave it. I completely understand that. This is written for the people who yearn to have experiences, but feel as though it’s at odds with preparedness.

It's not.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/preparedness-live-peace-fear/?fbclid=IwAR39_h269hwM-D7BbQTBWqNWYCoSB0ns3OeVbZwhneMSkglV1PLHs1HuxYA

• Like 2

Good article!

Course I've no energy to go off gallivanting these days.....  but I envy those that can.  Sure would take as many precautions as possible tho.....and not visit just anywhere....like Mexico.... 

MtRider  ....hate trying to have all my EDC when I fly with only carry-on.  I have mailed some things ahead of me tho...

Edited by Mt_Rider
confusing typo

Very good article and I agree. I'm a prepper not a survivalist. I prep for the times I can't leave my home. Health, sickness, snow storm, power outage, no money etc. To make myself comfortable. I can't control what other people do but I can control what I can do. I'm prepping for my old age and if I become housebound. 

On the other hand, some people really enjoy prepping. It makes them happy and they enjoy it. There was a debate not long ago over whether or not prepping was a hobby. NO IT ISN'T most people shouted. Well, I think it can be for some people. Pffft, live your joy.

• Like 2

Surely not a survivalist. As for prepping?  We just enjoy knowing we don't have to leave our shelter if we don't need to.  I'm not sure we're even "preppers" ... we're probably more like what homesteader's used to be.  Proverbs 31 tells me what I should be doing for my household.  As an elder woman Titus also tells me what I should be doing.  I spent 40+ years serving in the church body....now it's time to rest and enjoy the work of my hands.  My ancestors were farmers and I spent a lot of my younger years in a farming environment, and running to town every few days was not the lifestyle.  We look for bargains/sales and take advantage of them now while we have the dollars.  Like Jeepers said, preparing to age in place.

• Like 3

Age in place....I like that. That describes exactly what my goals are.

We were taught in grade school that the basics in life were food, clothing and shelter. Our teacher drummed that into us for some reason. So if I have those three, the rest is gravy. And I like gravy. 

I'm assuming that water went in the food category. And heat went in the shelter category. Our textbooks were written pre 1950 ish. We must have been studying about the cavemen.  :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Prepping for us, is having enough squirreled away, in case of any circumstances.  

Traveling is out of the question, DH doesn’t want to go anywhere, at all.  He traveled a lot, all his life and then for work.  

• Like 1

Great article.  I am a prepper myself but not a survivalist.  With DH's cong. heart failure we don't go anywhere anymore. He's not able to travel like we used to.  The swelling and loosing his breath is about all we can keep up with. He has had a hard time of it the past couple of days.  We are living in what used to be country and now urban, plus in the middle of military bases, shipyards, etc. No where to run and no where to hide.  I am not concerned about it. It is what it is. I just prepare the best I can and what happens, happens. 

I did figure out that feeling I had for a couple of days that I wasn't preparing fast enough. That feeling doesn't tell me what I am in need of to do like stocking more food, ammo or whatever.  I prayed about it and the answer came to me later in day.  Not to stock more food, but to take what I already have and get the mylar bags out and get the food I already have stored properly.  So I started on it yesterday and all day today. That feeling is gone now. Still have more food to properly store for longer term but It is almost done. Then I can get it all organized in a way I know just what I do have and get that inventory done. 

Like Jeepers said.  Age in place.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.