MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

Good article - keep your cool no matter what!

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-keep-your-cool-no-matter-what?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I laughed my head off all thru the first paragraph!  :lol:   The rest of it was very good sense....even if you don't dog sled.  It applies to any of our minor or major Hooey Hitting Fan scenes.   

Comments?    Any time you used these methods of regaining 'cool'? 

I recognize his conclusion.....  I have zero panic with power outages.  The exception to that would be....TONITE!  MINUS 11* and all our normal heat sources require electric. 

I do have Buddy heater and propane.  I do have two winter weight sleeping bags.  I do have covers over all the windows.  We do have a XXL dog generating heat.  I even have hot rocks roasting continuously on the pellet stove.  AND we have two vehicles to drive elsewhere to get into an area that has heat.  I've never had to test any of these Plans B-D....so I'd still be worried.  

Anyone else have situations that formerly frightened you or normally would frighten other folks but now you say "Eh, not a problem.  BTDT!!"   :happy0203:

MtRider    :tinfoilhatsmile:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

It's all great advice!  I'm not in those types of situations, but not easily shaken, either.  When we let the dogs out at 6:30 AM yesterday morning, Oreo went to the fence and immediately started going crazy.  As soon as I got out the door, I saw a policeman aiming his service pistol at Oreo.  I didn't bat an eye, just asked if I could help him.  I'm sure Oreo startled him and has a big voice.  Turned out the neighbor had called 911 because someone was banging on her bedroom window demanding to be let in.  

I am glad that the cop had enough training that he didn't shoot our pup or us.  We just kept it all low key.

Edited by snapshotmiki

:o   Whoa.....yeah, that's a REALLLLLY good situation in which to keep your cool!!!  :knary:  

MtRider  ....glad it turned out okay  :amen: 

• Like 1

PS....our power did NOT go off last nite when we were MINUS 15* 

Cuz if it did, "keeping our cool" would NOT have been the problem!  ;)

MtRider  :amen: 

• Haha 1