MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The “Storm” Is Coming..

You won't believe this but I dreamed about Storm last night! All I remember is that he was running around doing zoomies all around a big room with about 4 of us humans playing with him. He was a real love bug wanting hugs from everyone he went past. He was running up and down a stairway so fast we had to close a door so he wouldn't get hurt on them. I remember giving him lots of lovin.  :008Laughing:

• Haha 3
On 1/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, Annarchy said:

try to keep the muddy paws prints

We throw a sheet down on the floor of the back porch and keep a towel on the handrail...for just those reasons :) Then we now have a game..."Up" and Abby runs up the porch stairs...then "down" and she runs down on to the sheet...and we do this until there's no wet paws.  She loves it when we dry her off (if it's wet outside).  So I know what you're blanket is for! :)

• Like 1

We put a blanket down inside the back door.  We close the kitchen door until they are dry (er). Sweeping and mopping the floor is now a daily thing.

They both need a bath today...  rolling in the dewy grass and mud, during their play time...  they’ve been at it for 2 hours.. :0327:

C43ED1E5-F513-4938-8F8F-4C118B9E4A25.jpeg

529E3AEE-379D-4894-AE78-A2AA9E470B8C.jpeg

9DA93F43-DF93-46AA-8C61-12E621FBF0DA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He showed submissive poses to Gunny in all three *picrures. Good Boy Storm. Good start. 

*pictures. Why oh why won't kindle auto correct simple spelling typos but will change every other correctly spelled word into some other word I don't want. 

Edited by Jeepers
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

jeepers that is my cell phone. It puts words I don't want and I have to keep correcting it myself.  As for my computer, I have spell check on and it doesn't work. along with a lot of other things on here. Every time windows  does an update I have to figure out how to get back on line. As it removes google and deletes it and it shuts down my ethernet.  It is a pain to get it back on. So SIL told me a while ago to cut off windows so they cannot do updates unless I say it can. 

Storm is really coming along. He is adjusting well to his new home.  Love those pictures. He's having a great time playing with your other pup. They will be great company for each other. 

Went to church this morning and came home and fixed us some lunch. DH went to church with me and did well. He is really starting to feel better.  So I am hoping and praying he is getting on the right track for a recovery...   I thank all of you for the prayers. I feel prayers are being answered in many ways.  I am still keeping all of you in prayer as well for a speedy recovery from the colds and phy. issues you all are having. It can be so hard when you get older.. DH says he has the mind of a 30 year old and the body of an 82 year old. I was right. He never grew up. :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 3

Glad to hear your hubby is starting to get his strength back, Littlesister. My Kindle changes simple words like 'go'. It will change it to the word do, to, so and anything else it can think up. To me, that's not spell check. It takes me twice as long to post because I have to keep checking what Kindle changes. And I still don't catch them all. 

• Sad 1

Oh Annarchy.....I am choking!  With this crud I have not been allowed to really LAUGH!  Just a minor chuckle or two.  What a grim 3 weeks!!!  :gaah: 

So looking at the Automatic Dog Washer pics  ....I just busted out!  And then coughed my head off ....but SO worth it.  :008Laughing:  :24::laughkick:  [posting LAUGH smilies is safer tho....]   ;) 

The "noble" pic of him sitting.....wow!  You can already see how he's filling out.  Looks way better than the Traveling-To-Get-To-Mom pics!

MtRider  ....tired of doggie pics?  Not likely!  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Thanks 1

Loving the pics. He is really having a great time. Best way to bath a dog. turn on sprinklers and let him run through.  that is so funny.  He is having the time of his life. And really is filling out much more now.  I can see you are going to have a lot of fun times with that dog. 

• Thanks 1

SouthsideSlim, the person that drove Storm across TX, stopped by and visited on Tuesday, for a few minutes, on his way back to San Antonio, TX. Storm was excited to see him.  It was nice to see Storm allowing someone in the yard.  He snapped at the first person that visited.  Poor DH was shaking from the adrenaline.  Then, the water delivery man came.  Again, Storm did well on the leash and I was able to unleash him, without an incident.  

Yesterday, DH’s friend came over, Storm was OK at first.  Then, out of the blue he barked at him, but nothing else.  Before he left, Storm was all over him, for petting.  With the exception of following me around any time I moved.  Probably being nice, because he wanted treats...  I was cooking in the house & barbecuing ribs.  Lol.

Here’s the boys loving on SouthsideSlim...

E55A5585-6BDD-4E90-BE4C-44B7B1FF17B9.jpeg

• Like 3

That's so sweet. They look like brothers from behind. Storm's been through a lot. He might always be suspicious of strangers. He might think someone is trying to take him away again. He's going to be a good protector to you! I'm just glad the two boys like each other. 

• Thanks 1

You have a great dog there. They do look a lot alike.  That dog is going to be a good protector. So you might have to train him as to who is ok to come to house. Just watch him for a while till he gets used to everyone that comes over. Love the pictures.

I am working with him every day, now, he lets me brush his tail, kinda, touch all his toes, and let’s me mess with him when he’s eating or chewing on his toys.  We had a major issue with the steak bone, a couple days after he got here, he growled and snapped at me when I went to pet him & tell him he was a good boy.  I grabbed him, turned him over on his back and grabbed his neck while growling at him. Ever since, he has been submissive and very kind with me.  

We went for a leash walk this morning, just around the yard, with the shock collar on vibrate.  He did sorta good, still pulling, but shock shut that down. Tomorrow is another day. 

He played tug-o-war with Gunny, want to see?  
FED7F54B-61F8-49A3-87A9-9EECF8E75194.jpeg

• Like 2

What a beautiful picture!  :wub:

Grabbing by the neck is the right thing to do. Something I learned from the Service Dog Project was when a dog , especially a puppy, misbehaves you grab their neck, pull them down on the floor for just a second without saying anything. Do it in one quick motion and stay quiet and go about your business as if nothing happened. One, it stuns them and gives them time to think about what just happened and two, that's the way their mom does it so hopefully he will make that connection. of course Storm isn't exactly puppy size any more. You're a brave soul. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You will have him trained in no time.  He seems to be a really good dog.  Though he will be protective of his food for months to come but will come to understand that no one will take his food and starve him again.  

Nothing like a good game of tug of war. They look like they are having a great time.  Glad to see they are getting along so well. 

• Like 1