MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The “Storm” Is Coming..

Some dogs are just food aggressive. I had a Beagle that I got when she was a puppy who was an only dog and with no little kids around. She never snapped at me but once in awhile she growled at me over treats or toys she thought I wanted. I didn't know very much about puppy training then or she would have been on the ground on her back before she knew what was happening. SDP has had a couple of food aggressive puppies and those dogs are trained from day one. They made wonderful pets but not service dog material. Different personalities I guess. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

AWWW.....  I thot:  Oh Goodie.  More doggie pics!  :D   .......but.....but it's not showing up.  :(  

Did Storm stay home or go to TX?   Would that freak him out, thinking he was traveling to another home?  

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

It doesn’t show?  

No he stayed home. Got DH up every 2 hours last night. :shakinghead:

• Haha 1
On 1/31/2020 at 8:35 PM, Jeepers said:

she growled at me over treats or toys she thought I wanted

ONE time we let her have a rawhide...and when we tried to take it back she got nasty.  So we wrestled her to the ground and made her give it up.  We thought she'd enjoy a few chews on it...never again.  Also when she plays "coy" with one of her toys, we order her to "bring it here now" and insist until she does it...then the command is "drop it now!"  Those are the things we've encountered with her.  As for food aggression?  When she was a puppy she tried that, and we took the bowl away and began to pretend we were eating her food and let her watch for awhile.  Then we set the bowl back down.  After about 4 or 5 times of that she got the hint.  Now she has to sit and watch us fill her bowl, set it in her tray, and wait until we give her the command "OK".  Then after about 4 or 5 bites, we say..."stop" and she backs up and waits for us to say "OK" again.  I always pat her butt when I walk away after putting her food down.  She's a good doggie!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dogmom4 said:

I saw it. It was a video of him trying to catch his tail? He is such a beautiful dog!

Yes!  I thought only small puppies did it. He did it for 5 minutes!  I had to find my phone, turn it on and hoped I could capture him still doing it.  :shakinghead:

I hope this link works....

https://i.imgur.com/aBe4qFT.mp4

A tornado... lol....

• Haha 1