MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2020 Flu Care Data

I just got a call from the doctors office. They wanted to schedule a wellness checkup. Height, weight, BMI, lungs, abdominal check, meds review etc. Nothing invasive like X-rays, scans or blood work. It's free with Medicare. It was a courtesy call. I told her I get all of that information every time I go in. Printed out.

I also told her I really didn't want to go visit a doctor's office with this virus going around. She said a lot of people are saying the same thing and she completely understands. But she said she could schedule me out for June or July if I wanted to.

She said they are in close contact with the CDC and they (CDC) are saying this virus would be "completely over" in about  30-60 days. So....

1. She lied 

2. CDC lied 

3. She misunderstood 

4. She was drumming up business 

5. She really really cares about my health 

6. I'm just paranoid 

√. All of the above. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Jeepers,  Medicare pays for a wellness check up once a year. That includes labs and EKG as well. If you had a physical within the past year, you don't need another one for a year from the last one.  I am with Ann on this,  All of the above.  I wouldn't worry about going in unless you are sick enough to need to see a doctor. 

• Like 1

Littlesister, that's what she said but I don't have to pay anyway because I have a supplemental plan to Medicare that takes care of it all. I say I don't have to pay but of course I have to pay extra for the plan monthly. So far they have been good. So far. 

I got an email from my bank today stating that they are on top of the coronavirus and have extra cleaning crews cleaning their branches and their ATM 's. And if I'm having any financial hardships they are there to help. I think they were drumming up business too.They also said they have hand sanitizer available in all branches. I figure the next big hold up will be for their hand-san and not the money. 

Picture it...masked man runs in with guns waving around shouting...put all of your sanitizer's in the bag and no one gets hurt! 

Film at eleven. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I figure the next big hold up will be for their hand-san and not the money. 

Picture it...masked man runs in with guns waving around shouting...put all of your sanitizer's in the bag and no one gets hurt! 

Film at eleven. 

:ph34r:  .....okay, who saw that!  But next time grab the T.P. toooooo! 

• Like 3

This is not good news....airborne for 3 hrs.  Floats for up to 15' [a different article] .  But some good data on how long it lasts on DIFFERENT surfaces. 

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-live-plastic-stainless-steel-for-up-to-3-days

A new study suggests that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 can remain in the air for up to three hours, and live on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel for up to three days.

The research, published in the medRxiv depository, also notes that the virus can remain on copper surfaces for four hours and cardboard for up to 24 hours. The research found it could stay on stainless steel and plastic for anywhere between two and three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," the researchers wrote in the study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed.

Another study published in February concluded that if COVID-19 is similar to other coronaviruses, such as SARS or MERS, it could live on surfaces like metal, glass and plastic for up to nine days, Fox News previously reported. By comparison, the flu virus can only live on surfaces for approximately 48 hours.

That study, published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, suggested that coronaviruses could be "efficiently inactivated" with disinfectants that contain "62–71 percent ethanol, 0.5 percent hydrogen peroxide or 0.1 percent sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute," adding that other agents that contain "0.05–0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02 percent chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective."

Currently, there is no specific medicine to cure or treat COVID-19.

More than 127,000 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed globally, including over 80,000 in China and 1,323 in the U.S., according to the latest data.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BOLD is mine

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 1

Anyone else getting emails from company's you do business with concerning the coronavirus? I'm getting them from the two banks I deal with, all utility companies in Indiana and Ohio, car insurance company, Best Buy and a few places I've placed orders with online. I just got another one from my gas and my electric company in Indiana saying if I'm having trouble making my payments they will work with me.

My electric company in Indy are suspending all late payments until May. They gave a list of things to do to prepare for the virus. Also, to not be alarmed if workers come to the house wearing protective gear to make repairs. At least they are thinking about it.  

• Like 1

If you are getting those type of e-mails, beware.  Call these places and tell them about the e-mail your received and ask if they are true or a prank.  The only ones we are getting are how they are doing extra cleaning to help keep you safe. Nothing about delayed payments. Don't think they would do that by way of e-mail.  Just beware and make a call to these places before doing anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So true Littlesister. These emails are the kind that say "don't reply." I've heard of those phishing ones. Just don't click on any links inside an email. 

Dogmom, I got one from my library today too. I have stuff checked out but I can return them in the drive-thru box. Looks like I'll be avoiding that place for awhile. I assume the virus can live on books too?  :shrug:

• Like 2

If the data I posted earlier in this thread is ACCURATE.....books would probably be like cardboard....about 24 hrs.  That would make libraries awkward.....put incoming books in "quarantine" for a day/nite? 

MtRider  :reading:    ....this is what Kindle or our own libraries are for!

• Like 2