MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Want a different nightmare to think about?

Just to change the subject from COVID-19.....  :rolleyes: 

I've spent quite a while reading this article about how factories and call centers are modernizing....with robots pushing, grading, berating, supervising, instructing, workers in those places.  Robots don't know about needing to take a breath before going on to the next task.  Robots don't have to use the bathroom.  Robots don't know when the caller is in tears on the phone and the employee has to work with that....and can't even understand what distraught called needs. 

I sat in disbelief at the stories told by human beings about their robot overseers.  :runcirclsmiley2:  I mean...I've worked in TWO factory jobs in my life......and not for long in my life!!!!!  I'm not the sort that can DO factory jobs.  Maybe that's why I reacted so strongly to this article but.....sheeeeesh!  :baseballbat:   I'd be whacking R2D2 over it's metallic beeping head! 

Amazon comes off looking baaad.  I think a robot packed the food items we ordered from Amazon Pantry.  Arrived in boxes that were packed by a donkey....damaged beyond salvage.....and we had such a SPILLED MESS to clean up.  NOW we're still trying to reach someone to recoup our loss.  Hellllllloooooooo?  ANYone here?  Ya took our order and now no way to talk to Amazon Pantry.....  :yar:  Not even a robot. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21155254/automation-robots-unemployment-jobs-vs-human-google-amazon

MtRider  ... :cheeky-smiley-067: UNbelieveable.

• Sad 1

I have done this a couple of times recently and got satisfaction.

Click on an item in your order.

Scroll all the way down to the dark part of the page where the print is white.  In the right-most column, it says "Help"  Click that.  It flips to a page greeting you by name and asking what it can help you with.  Scroll down to "Need More Help?"  Click on that.

The second option is "contact us"  Choose that. 

The chat sometimes works, and sometimes they want to talk to you by phone.  Either way, you will get a replacement, or your money back.

Edited by Ambergris
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:hapydancsmil::sSig_thankyou:  :balloons:   :sSig_thankyou:   :balloons:    :sSig_thankyou:   :hapydancsmil:

Ambergris!!  I sent a copy/paste to DH's laptop.  Within minutes of following your directions, Amazon called and we will get a refund back to the credit card.  [would have rather received properly shipped Gatorade but wasn't given that option]  Assume the refund transaction will take place as promised....... 

....Whew!  DH was just getting no where!  He sends his huge THANKS too!  Made a frustrating nite and morning  [an issue at work] MUCH BETTER!

MtRider  ...will keep those instructions for any future Amazon issues...but not ordering A. Pantry again.  <_< 

• Like 1

I'm sorry you had such an issue.  I order from amazon and pantry a lot and haven't had many problems.   Some regular amazon stuff has arrived damaged or incorrect item with wrong barcode on box and it was easy to return it by clicking on the item in the order area.  We just printed off the return slip and put it in a24/7 'amazon locker' at the gas station up the road.  There is a 'return or replace item' button on the website if you look at your order.  It was super simple and I didn't have to talk to anyone which was a bonus for me since the whole reason I use pantry is so that I don't have to deal with people.  

• Like 2