MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Jeepers

Shopping 3/3/2020

I watched it thru the Honolulu segment.  Yeah, looks like Hawai'i before hurricanes.  BTDT  Calm and polite.  All rice is likely gone too.  Cuz....it's islands far from trucking and other sources of restock.  If they run out, it is a bit more complicated

OK.....going to write DD2 an email now.  Going to borrow your youtube link.   :thumbs:  Please God..... get those dear ones of mine to take precautions and prepare.  :pray: 

MtRider  ....actually, they've been doing better on prepping for hurricane.  DD2 has a bathtub water thing. 

• Like 1

:pray: for your family. 

A Water Bob. I need another one since I'll have 2 bathtubs. My Amazon list keeps growing again. I heard an employee from Amazon has the virus. I didn't hear which department he/she works in though. I THINK in Seattle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This does make you want to go out and stock more though I think I have enough of everything. I hope. 

How do I send that U-tube to daughter through facebook.  She needs to get that head of hers out of the sand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Water Bob

We have one and filled it up ONCE...it took both of us and all our strength to empty the thing! We've opted for two old water heaters (he was given) and are putting them in our basement with a bypass valve off our regular heater, so we can fill them and then turn the bypass back on.  Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so we'll step out and hook up our rain barrels and set the free standing ones out under other gutters.  It's that time of year!

• Like 2

Yeah We2. They are big! 

Littlesister, I don't do Facebook so I'm not sure how it works. I suppose you just copy/paste the link I posted. Hold your finger on the link, a pop up will appear. Choose "Copy Link Address" then paste it....somewhere.  :shrug:

If it is a youtube video, there is a share button on the bottom right under the video.  Click it and then click facebook.  It will just open it on your facebook as a post.  On the top left you can choose to share it to your timeline, someone else's timeline, etc.  You can also just tag her in the post for it to show up on her timeline if you want to just put it on yours.  

If you prefer to just share it yourself, after you click share, there is a small link under the places you can share it to.  Just copy and paste that in a facebook post or anywhere else.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 9:08 PM, The WE2's said:

hook up our rain barrels and set the free standing ones out under other gutters

Didn't get around to doing that...besides...it was raining much too hard.

• Like 1

The market where DH gets 5 gal. buckets for me didn't have anymore. Seems someone trashed them in the dumpster. :shrug:.  So I ordered some on line and these will come with the gamma lids. Also ordered a metal trashcan, the half size of a regular trash can to store my sugar. I think it should hold the 20 lbs. I have had in closet. My grandmother used to store her's in on and kept it in the old smoke house. It worked great and she never got any bugs in it.  She did a great deal of canning back in the day. The sugar was mostly for making jellies.  She would line up all of us grandkids (6) and we would all go to store with her when sugar back then had a limit of 2 for 5lbs. She would give each of us enough money to buy 2 and then she, granddaddy and 2 of my aunts would buy it. So we would come out with about 100lbs of sugar. Then we would come back to house and put in the metal trashcans for storage till needed. Now I just need to wait for them to get here. Then wash them good and let dry really good. I have things I really need to get put away.

Looking like everything we have been prepping for is now happening. Not the way I though it would go but still have the right preps even for this coronavirus. DH now stays home per Dr.'s order other than to his other doctors and I for now will go out just to get fresh produce before the virus starts in closer to us. Then I am going to stay in.  When I leave, I will take off cloths in garage, since washer is there, put on robe and head to shower. Just to be on safe side. No chances to be taken as of now.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.